Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Stay safe e burrito goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Is giffgaff goon approved then?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Giffgaff or vodaphone, vodaphone if you have heavy usage because they have deals where they do stuff like double what you put on and give unlimited talk/text and so on.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I've found giffgaff pretty decent by and large. (I like to buy my own phone outright, though - if this doesn't apply to you then giffgaff isn't what you want because they're SIM only)

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i like ee they're ok

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i like e

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Vodafone are poo poo, EE are good they are currently doing 100GB data for PAYG customers for a tenner which is good and I like using

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

feedmegin posted:

I've found giffgaff pretty decent by and large. (I like to buy my own phone outright, though - if this doesn't apply to you then giffgaff isn't what you want because they're SIM only)

Yeah I'm going to be buying outright.

I'm on Vodafone atm and I want out.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what's that dinosaur? you want to tell me what phone company to not go with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ&t=6s

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Dugong posted:

What sim contracts are you goons on? I'm leaning towards giffgaff or three.

I switched to giffgaff SIM-only when my EE contract ran out. It's terrible, even though I apparently have 4G on the train, nothing loads. Going to switch to Virgin Mobile I think as they use the EE network.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
3 used to be pretty good with the unlimited data deal but their coverage is pretty patchy outside of big cities. I get 4g most of the time in Glasgow but not in my flat for some reason.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Lady Gaza posted:

I switched to giffgaff SIM-only when my EE contract ran out. It's terrible, even though I apparently have 4G on the train, nothing loads. Going to switch to Virgin Mobile I think as they use the EE network.

Hmm, I think I'll buy the phone from GiffGaff since it's at a discount and if I hate the network I'll jump ship later.

Sorry UK thread for mobile chat.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bozza posted:

3 used to be pretty good with the unlimited data deal but their coverage is pretty patchy outside of big cities. I get 4g most of the time in Glasgow but not in my flat for some reason.

their unlimited data + feel at home plan is real good if you leave the UK though. i watch netflix on my phone doing cardio at the gym since i get 4g and unlimited data

Fluo
May 25, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

what's that dinosaur? you want to tell me what phone company to not go with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ&t=6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N5KtboNbhM

Fluo fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 16, 2015

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Apparently it's damp out http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34836397/leeds-pub-garden-floods-men-go-for-pint-anyway

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Three is ace signal-wise if you live/work anywhere not rural, and going to get better if (when) Ofcom approve their buyout of o2, who own giffgaff. Also Feel At Home is bloody good if you travel places.

Their customer service phone people are idiots but mobile companies are universally terrible so that matters less.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

There are people on my Facebook unironically watching Christmas films in November.

poo poo like this is why ISIS happens.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Three is ace signal-wise if you live/work anywhere not rural, and going to get better if (when) Ofcom approve their buyout of o2, who own giffgaff. Also Feel At Home is bloody good if you travel places.

Their customer service phone people are idiots but mobile companies are universally terrible so that matters less.

I got good 3g off '3' while living about in the middle of nowhere (2 miles to the nearest tarmacced road, had its own well), and in my current office which is also a coverted barn in the middle of nowhere. I get unlimited gb per month too. Their customer service makes me want to murder a dude though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

work team christmas lunch is this week

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Bozza posted:

There are people on my Facebook unironically watching Christmas films in November.

poo poo like this is why ISIS happens.

It's a thing the BBC have been pushing, I normally can't stand Chris Evans but when asked what Christmas movie he had watched on Sunday he said "at our house we watched Santa Claus and the Brazilian Grand Prix"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's just depressing

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

threes customer service are crap

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
im glad we determined yesterday that there is no blue food and that the best phone network is ee or maybe Vodafone and sometimes 3 but only if you never leave the city great job everyone

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Good hustle on the chat front out there yesterday

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

STEVE HOLT :buddy:

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
Day four and I already feel like I'm dying

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Gonna win £100m on the lottery tonight lads.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

threes customer service are crap

And yet somehow EE's is worse (mainly because it's Orange's CS, which is a shame - T-Mobile's was really good :smith: )

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

oranges in shop support are great but 3 literally cant do poo poo without phoning a call centre even they dont understand

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

im catching up on the thick of it on amazon video

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bozza posted:

Gonna win £100m on the lottery tonight lads.

whenever i put 2 lucky dips on i always have one number on both tickets ffs

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
ive booked the 29th to the 31st Dec off work so I get 10 days in a row for the price of 3 ftw

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

wicked, tricksy and false

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

my work is closed from the 23rd dec to 4th jan but i had to book all those days as holiday or i wouldnt get paid, gently caress not getting paid time off :(

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

just been in a two hour meeting about a predetermined overrun protection groups which is some frustrating poo poo that is very complicated and im being asked to define it forevermore.

am off the drink until Friday but suddenly find myself needing a beer

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Park and Ride buses aren't as fun as other buses. Not a single old woman has shat herself

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Lots of drug dealers use giff gaff in my experience.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Ratjaculation posted:

Park and Ride buses aren't as fun as other buses. Not a single old woman has shat herself

the duty falls upon you ratjac

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
our traditions must be upheld lest we feel happy in public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Giffgaff is the best network I've used. The googybags are cheap, actually free 0800 calls, free gg to gg calls and texts and actual warnings before you run out of data. Plus it really helps with my drug dealing