Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Justin Tyme posted:

You know what would actually be really nice open development? Screenshots/logs of every change they make to their main build through github or whatever they use (minus spoilerish stuff like "Fixed Mark Hamill's death scene"). But, yknow, open development.

How about just a screenshot of JIRA or even a Gantt chart that showed they actually have tasks that leads constructively to a SDLC. Maybe OP can chime in, but i have to think that there has to be more to making a game than the following:

1. Make JPEGS
2 ...
3. Profit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

RuckusRouser posted:

Can you copy paste the part about how he met Sandi?

I'll look it up aye

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Justin Tyme posted:

You know what would actually be really nice open development? Screenshots/logs of every change they make to their main build through github or whatever they use (minus spoilerish stuff like "Fixed Mark Hamill's death scene"). But, yknow, open development.
The early-access caveman survival thing Rust actually does this: They have a public Twitter feed of all their internal commits, and weekly blog posts (NWS for caveman dong) where various team members discuss and show off what they did (or didn't do) that week. I have no interest in the game itself, but they handle open development very well and its fascinating to see how the game slowly evolves and how the team reacts to what does and doesn't work.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 17, 2015

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

fuctifino posted:

$350 JPG Shattered Spacedream Bonanza!
Limited (not limited) Edition!
One Day Only! (we'll sell them again)
My particular Org focuses on bounty hunting and battlefield services, such as salvage, repair and refuelling. I find these utilitarian ships to be some of the best conceived designs. The Reclaimer is one of the ships I'm most excited about.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What if... what if the Vanduul Queen is the love interest?

That could make for an actual interesting story and way to bring peace therefor croberts wouldn't do it. Not after the oldmen hate speech.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Rabelais D posted:

I watched the first minute of that video and was greatly intrigued by Chris Roberts' thumbs. Is it normal to keep your thumbs locked in that position when gesticulating with your hands (it seems this Chirs Roberts guy is quite into his gesticulation)? Is that some kind of thumb paralysis from too many hours spent being an awesome wing commander? This is a serious post and I would appreciate a serious response tia.

Also holy poo poo does this dude need a script

I haven't watched one in months but it is as if he doesn't even read the questions before making the video. He had no answers to the questions and just mumbled his way through it. It was loving embarrassing and I can't believe anyone would feel confident after watching it.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

D_Smart posted:

Ham + Cheese + tomato + lettuce + Heinz Salad Cream (it's imported from the UK) in pizza pocket

I once bought a can of Heinz Spotted Dick that was imported from the UK.

Edit: Why does Heinz make all this cool poo poo for :britain: and not :911:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I once bought a can of Heinz Spotted Dick that was imported from the UK.

Bit of custard with that and you're in heaven

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Edit: Why does Heinz make all this cool poo poo for :britain: and not :911:

I've got a house in France and in the village there is a shop called 'British Shop' and in there they have all the things like Salad Cream, Bovril, Spotted Dick, you name it, the last time I was there a bottle of Salad Cream was 12 Euros ha ha

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

Bit of custard with that and you're in heaven

I also tried it without the spots and I think I liked the non-spotted dick better.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I also tried it without the spots and I think I liked the non-spotted dick better.

I prefer spots on my dick

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

I prefer spots on my dick

All I could taste were the spots. The spots were just too strong.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

I've got a house in France and in the village there is a shop called 'British Shop' and in there they have all the things like Salad Cream, Bovril, Spotted Dick, you name it, the last time I was there a bottle of Salad Cream was 12 Euros ha ha

Also holy poo poo a house in France. :captainpop:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Also holy poo poo a house in France. :captainpop:

In France it's called Le Star Citizen :science:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Guys, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq785nJ0FXQ

It sounds exactly like Star Shitizen.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

It'd just be dozens of screenshots of the Microsoft Office paper clip saying "It looks like you're trying to make a computer game..."

Considering when CRobber last tried to make a game, I'm sure it would be some kind of WordStar helper instead…

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hey guys, I know this isn't the right thread, but I'm just playing other games while waiting for SC. Does anyone know which button will make me rape the defenseless settlers in FO4? It seems like I've tried every single one and thus far have not able to sexually assault anyone in this game. tia

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ravane posted:

Guys, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq785nJ0FXQ

It sounds exactly like Star Shitizen.

I found this informative thank you

Also seeing an embedded video sitting to the right of some text will never not be weird to me

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
The sad thing is, a repair post in space is exactly the kind of thing I want to play.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Ham + Cheese + tomato + lettuce + Heinz Salad Cream (it's imported from the UK) in pizza pocket

Durkee's Famous (sandwich & salad) Sauce. Add leftover Thanksgiving turkey and bread and condiments of your choice. It will change your life (and is good on other sandwiches as well).

I dated a woman for 8 years and we ultimately broke up with a lot of pain and suffering and financial loss, but I consider it a win because I found out about Durkee's Famous Sauce from her brother, when I otherwise might not have.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

FrankieGoes posted:

Hey guys, I know this isn't the right thread, but I'm just playing other games while waiting for SC. Does anyone know which button will make me rape the defenseless settlers in FO4? It seems like I've tried every single one and thus far have not able to sexually assault anyone in this game. tia

Your looking for Nexus button. It rapes everything.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

if Ben and Wulf have an offspring

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Warcabbit posted:

The sad thing is, a repair post in space is exactly the kind of thing I want to play.

Well there is no game for you to play that in, but for just $3000 you can have a jpeg of said ship and RP it on the forums. It's a bargain for what you're actually getting.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

EminusSleepus posted:

if Ben and Wulf have an offspring

That mask is struggling to keep all that man in check.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Y'know, I did some research the other day, and found out that some games actually have this thing called "Content" and "being real".

Like Space Engineers, which actually does the whole planets and space single instance thing. And is real.

Edit: Derek-sama-rama, what is your opinion on Space Engineers? They claim to be the first people to do planets properly in space games ever.

As a space games yourself, is this true?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

A friend and I went out to a roadside zoo to do some novel research and we saw a big cat. :)

The white one, Chloe, wanted to eat me.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

(P.S. Loiosh you're the best sincere poster in the thread.)

thanks! Sorry I'm out this evening, had a girlfriend visiting.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Amun Khonsu posted:

Sandi confirming baby PU this month 32:30 into video. Text in french, video interview in English. Interesting around 31 minutes Ben tries to explain why people have left the game.

http://starcitizen.jeuxonline.info/actualite/49291/interview-sandi-gardiner-ben-lesnick-jeuxonline

Calling it now. PU will not come out in November. Go ahead Sandi, prove me wrong. Whip your team into a frenzy, crush what little spirit they have left, so that you can be right. I'm sure whatever CIG releases will totally be ready for release.

FrankieGoes posted:

Durkee's Famous (sandwich & salad) Sauce. Add leftover Thanksgiving turkey and bread and condiments of your choice. It will change your life (and is good on other sandwiches as well).

I dated a woman for 8 years and we ultimately broke up with a lot of pain and suffering and financial loss, but I consider it a win because I found out about Durkee's Famous Sauce from her brother, when I otherwise might not have.

Amazon is amazing because whenever someone tells me an awesome sauce I can usually find it on there.

Spices/Sauces/Marinades/Whatever People Should Check Out
Spiedie Sauce
Lizano Sauce
Pickapeppa Sauce
Valentina Hot Sauce
Cholula Hot Suace
Old Bay

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 17, 2015

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Wyld posted:

How about just a screenshot of JIRA or even a Gantt chart that showed they actually have tasks that leads constructively to a SDLC. Maybe OP can chime in, but i have to think that there has to be more to making a game than the following:

1. Make JPEGS
2 ...
3. Profit

A bit old, but:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

How's this looking? Still on target?

e;

McGiggins posted:

Like Space Engineers, which actually does the whole planets and space single instance thing. And is real.

Space Engineers is a good game. Keen's tenacity in sticking to the Thursday update throughout the years has always impressed. Planets are cool. A resource black hole into which my dreams of having a modern CPU are sucked never to return but a very cool one.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 17, 2015

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I'm personally holding out for Medieval Engineers. It's looking like the trajectory they want to take that is towards something akin to Dwarf Fortress/a first person Stronghold. Which would be very very neat.

But goddamn does it run like poo poo in multiplayer, things get desynced and lag like crazy.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 17, 2015

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Medieval didn't work on my friend's mac, despite being theoretically specced for it. Annoyin.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Is there a market for kickstarter accounts for Star Citizen? It'll be weeks before any refund would potentially go through, could I instead sell my account to some moron on reddit?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

RagnarokZ posted:

Is there a market for kickstarter accounts for Star Citizen? It'll be weeks before any refund would potentially go through, could I instead sell my account to some moron on reddit?

Yeah probably, just beware of chargebacks. Jethro_E7 knows more.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Raskolnikov posted:

The white one, Chloe, wanted to eat me.

They're cats. It comes with the territory.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Existing content can be reworked and updated!

It'll only take two one week, cause Keen does poo poo with their money according to a logical and open schedule they keep their player base informed of.
:science: And the bastards have caused me to start learning a programming language to better my game skills, and thus myself as a person :science:

But I would genuinely like Dereks opinion on it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Justin Tyme posted:

I'm personally holding out for Medieval Engineers. It's looking like the trajectory they want to take that is towards something akin to Dwarf Fortress/a first person Stronghold. Which would be very very neat.

But goddamn does it run like poo poo in multiplayer, things get desynced and lag like crazy.

I'm hoping that the netcode work that they're working on in Space Engineers now that planets have been shoved out the door will be an engine wide refinement. Though Medieval Engineers is probably much more of a beast with all of the calculations it's attempting in order to make your terrible bridge designs fall into ruin.

It always cracked me up when people would make ships from star citizen in space engineers in order to figure out how large they are. If that isn't a point of concern four years in I don't know what is.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 17, 2015

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I like this. Star Citizen could really use more Lovecraftian horror.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone who backed this game, is backing a internet series studio.

They have:

1) ATV
2) RTV
3) Jump Points
4) 10 for Chairman
5) 10 for Dev
6) 10 for Writers
7) Bug Smashers
8) Meet the Devs

So many shows for a game! So much content!I .... and no game. This is wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Wise Learned Man posted:

I like this. Star Citizen could really use more Lovecraftian horror.

I love how the only real entertainment/fun from this lovely test platform are the bugs. The gameplay (what little there is) is just poo poo.

• Locked thread