Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

man its hard doing this in the app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
looks about time for diamond dogs to be put to sleep
##vote Venom Soag

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Birdstrike posted:

looks about time for diamond dogs to be put to sleep
##vote Venom Soag

oh here we go

on what basis

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Okay, it's really tricky trying to catch up on this constantly moving thread while I'm spending the day moving furniture I've made some handwritten notes as I go. Dunno how useful it'll be but lets give this a shot.

Venom Soag: Up until about page 36, was convinced they were either scum or badly off their game. Turning poo poo around njow, but something about the way they're playing is bugging me. Aspects of it, and his choice of words reminds me too much of a time he was scum and managed to cleans sweep the town, just about.

Kash: Got kind of a scum read on them, but honestly, their play style and their explanations remind me a little of my own, so it might stand to reason that if I think they're scum then they're probably town.

Birdstrike: Anyone who thought strike was suspicious is weird and on a preliminary list.

Exakt: Posting WAY more than I'm used to them doing so. Could be a new leaf, could be overcompensating because they've been caught being too lurky too often in the past. Its meta reasoning, but sometimes you can't help that. Just an observation.

Kat: Kat

Bif: Keeps drawing needless suspicion on themselves, but in a way that seems natural and subtle enough so that I think its them being confident in their innocence rather than a scum double bluff.

Ikt: Probably baseless, considering a lot of my technique is too read whole pages and see what leaps out, but the way the post is disquieting. Possibly selective recognition but it seems like their posts including urging and suggestion but little action. Again, could be my bad.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

well, its not much to go on, but my case on bif is all but evaporated.

unless Kashuno and bif are in cahoots.

##unvote

[/b]##vote merk[/b]

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

##vote merk

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Venom Soag posted:

oh here we go

on what basis

Your little song and dance on MMG is a remix of your hatchet job on Anidav in the Archer game. You got someone lynched and hope people forget because they normally do, because these young consoles normally do.
the whizbang digital what'sits run things fast but they forget easily

we are old. we remember

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
also you probably had that guy killed on n1 to give me the shits lol

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

Your little song and dance on MMG is a remix of your hatchet job on Anidav in the Archer game. You got someone lynched and hope people forget because they normally do, because these young consoles normally do.
the whizbang digital what'sits run things fast but they forget easily

we are old. we remember

i pushed for a policy lynch on anime dave as i was scum

if i was doign the same thing this game id be pushinb on bif because she always looks scum or Kat because she loses her bottle with no provocation

i pushed on mmg because i thought his posts all looked really distant and overdone like he was planing them

wasnt just blind pushign mate i honestly picked him for scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That's what first felt off about him to me too, I agreed with too many of his scum picks like MMG, he can't be honestly making reads as lovely as mine :v:

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

also tjiught valkyrie was scum and lookigm at that gwyn post think i was on the money there

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

also tjiught valkyrie was scum and lookigm at that gwyn post think i was on the money there

Nevermind

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh my god

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Venom Soag posted:

also tjiught valkyrie was scum

lol nobody thought f_v was scum

bonjour

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:smugdog:

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venoms current game rings very very reminiscent of his recent scum games. While I admit it seems unlike him to be so careless as to keep playing the same way, I consider it more likely than him being this consistently off mark. I think i had it right the first time.

Not my top pick, but back on the list.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

lol nobody thought f_v was scum

i did

he was in my top 3 over and over again

why you want peeps to ignore valkyri

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Gwynplaine posted:

Venoms current game rings very very reminiscent of his recent scum games. While I admit it seems unlike him to be so careless as to keep playing the same way, I consider it more likely than him being this consistently off mark. I think i had it right the first time.

Not my top pick, but back on the list.

this is a bit overdone for me thinkin your scum mate

and me thinkinh mmg is scum is not being off my game none of my other picks have swung yet so i reckon im not far off

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

i did

Was MMG on your top 3, too?, Transferring the suspicion to a new player is just strange. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but this reeks a little.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

this is a bit overdone for me thinkin your scum mate

and me thinkinh mmg is scum is not being off my game none of my other picks have swung yet so i reckon im not far off

Between me and MMG and the fact that usually I can agree with most of your picks and this time I think we have one in common has me thinking you're trying to get me hanged quick.

Heck the one person you suspect that I actually agree with is probably just the person your starting your bussing campaign with.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

i was suss of who you replaced and me saying you look scummy is not md pushing for a quick hang

your reaching, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

if i was scum and you were town id be able to bullshit up some dead giveaway that you were scum

kinda like what your trying ta do now

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Venom Soag posted:

i did

f_v posted 6 times on day 2, all of them very early and disappeared

if your 'pressure' caused her to run away that's amazing, otherwise though it's rather soagish to keep them as a the main focus of your concern when Quid came into focus and Kash has continued to post like a clown at a circus

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
speaking of which why did Kash lie to try and get another night's results, mate you're a flavourcop not that important doge

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I dont agree. I think the three of them are at least a good place to start discussion today. Lets see who supports/doesn't support who and when we get some flips that information becomes more useful.

thought churning through those 3 was good move despite quid lookinh dodge from the beginning

as did taste

peeps who thought that was a bad idea, me, kash

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

i was suss of who you replaced and me saying you look scummy is not md pushing for a quick hang

Given what you know of me, and your apparent willful ignorance of it along with the decidedly cut throat way you play scum, it came across that way. Perhaps I'm just jumpy after the archer mafia game. The one you played almost exactly like you're playing now. Perhaps not. You changed how we do things. I have to keep my guard up.

All things considered, I still consider Exakt more likely to be scum, followed by Ikt then possibley Kat.

The fact that you also suspected strike (I think - there was a lot of reading to do very fast) doesn't help though. I've seen scum Strike. That ain't it.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Gwynplaine posted:

Given what you know of me, and your apparent willful ignorance of it along with the decidedly cut throat way you play scum, it came across that way. Perhaps I'm just jumpy after the archer mafia game. The one you played almost exactly like you're playing now. Perhaps not. You changed how we do things. I have to keep my guard up.

All things considered, I still consider Exakt more likely to be scum, followed by Ikt then possibley Kat.

The fact that you also suspected strike (I think - there was a lot of reading to do very fast) doesn't help though. I've seen scum Strike. That ain't it.

last game i was in with town strike he made no jokes was super polite and got his panties in a twist when anyone looked at him funny

he came out completely different in this one so i figured he was scummy

instead he's just playign his old way again, not sure how i was meant to know

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hi I am back from my birthday dinner, it was really good. I had spit roasted chicken and poutine followed up by lemon meringue pie.

I feel really suspicious about the fact that Merk hasn't been his usual scumhunty self. I haven't seen him as scum before, but I've seen a lot of people saying that he's a mediocre scum player despite being very good at town. He hasn't done much decent casework this game, and hasn't been aggressively pushing his reads like he did when he caught me out as scum before.

Ixtlilton posted:

Sam is probs town too, imgay does a thing with the stories with them and it's like well he could be going somewhere with it but then they stop responding and it peters out and that's not the way I see imgay bussing.

You think I'm town based entirely off imgay's posts back then? Or is this a case of you already leaning that direction and imgay solidifying your opinion?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Entirely off his posts.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

not sure how i was meant to know

Guess if I could explain it, it'd solve most of my problems. The nature of the jokes is important. As is the length of posts.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

im vanilla town mates

you can lynch me comfy in the idea that your not losing a power role but this is a scum push

taste, bif, kash, gwyn, bird

theres more than one scum in there and some p dumb town

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Just as a heads up,

I'm going to a concert tonight ant then have work at both jobs tomorrow 6am-3pm for one, 7pm-12 midnight the other. Still gonna be able to post, but it's going to necessitate more speed reading then big blocks of posting. Sucks a bit, but it's netted me good results in the past.

Gonna tentatively put in a vote now just in case I don't get a chance later and the action picks up.

vote## Exakt Science

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

im vanilla town mates

you can lynch me comfy in the idea that your not losing a power role but this is a scum push

taste, bif, kash, gwyn, bird

theres more than one scum in there and some p dumb town

I'm not convinced yet, but you know I'll put it off at the drop of a hat if a better idea comes along.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It's going to get weird for people with me filling in for TBK so I'll claim now:

current me/TBK is an Atari 2600, also vanilla town.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Venom Soag (3): Bifauxnen, Kashuno, Birdstrike
Tremendous Taste (1): Venom Soag
Bifauxnen (1): Kat Delacour, Kommando, Kommando
merk (1): Kommando

Not Voting (10): AnonymousNarcotics, CCKeane, EXAKT Science, Gwynplaine, HiipFire, Ixtlilton, merk, SirSamVimes, Tommunist, Tremendous Taste

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 18th, 2015 at 2:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 20 hours, 17 minutes.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

BROTHER your vote didnt go through because you put the hashes wrong

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

For now I'm going to put down a ##vote merk

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Crap! Thanks for letting me know before I was stuck phone posting

##vote Exakt Science

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
AnonymousNarcotics has asked to be replaced but I cannot for the life of me figure out where to get a replacement because no one really offered the previous time when I advertised so I don't think I can find a replacement this time. gently caress.

Modkill pending. . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

AnonymousNarcotics has asked to be replaced but I cannot for the life of me figure out where to get a replacement because no one really offered the previous time when I advertised so I don't think I can find a replacement this time. gently caress.

Modkill pending. . .

maybe we can just vote for them?

• Locked thread