Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Nation posted:

its a really really bad movie

As I said it tells you all you need to know about Chris and his vision. Even as much a the Space ship physics actually behaves like WWII fighters forgetting that they are actually in space. Lillard is 'Pull your eyes out' unbearable and I have seen better baddies in Dr Who than the Kilrathi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

EightAce posted:

As I said it tells you all you need to know about Chris and his vision. Even as much a the Space ship physics actually behaves like WWII fighters forgetting that they are actually in space. Lillard is 'Pull your eyes out' unbearable and I have seen better baddies in Dr Who than the Kilrathi.

I was always amazed at how poorly realised the IP was. Not in the sense that it was low quality in terms of writing and effects and acting and editing and (etc), all of which is also the case, but in terms of how CRobber was the one who wrote it all a decade earlier and who then managed to get it all wrong, down to the names and characteristics of his own characters…

Had it been a Boll-style adaptation of someone else's material that the director couldn't care less about, it would have made sense, but this was the director's own material that he'd been working on for a large portion of his adult(?) life.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 17, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Green Dam posted:

I understand now. The new mocap studio was for hidden features.

It converts an actor's movements directly into ship designs and procedurally prices them.

can we get a :gary: emote for the ship that Gary is portraying

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.
inverse your purse

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Things are shaping up for an interesting sale.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AP posted:

Wonder how many citizens will get permabanned from their forums this time, merely for repeating the leaked ship names ala Beer.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

This Derek-- scenery-chewing, bubble-bursting, mustache-twirling Derek-- is the best Derek.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

AP posted:

But now they'll just change all names to potato to prove Derek wrong.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Hashes?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Alan Smithee posted:

Neurotic Jew you seem well versed in the thread lore. I have seen the original wheelchair post but have not seen the big ol titty mama who was whoring for ships, can you find me this post

https://www.reddit.com/user/BettysBigTits

Culminates with the post "Ruin Everything"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

"The day of judgement is soon upon us. It will be glorious and spoken of from the mouths of man for all of gaming history. (The sands of time have run out, son of Durotan)"

I really like when D_Smart goes all "mad prophet" and wish he would do it more. We should pitch in to get him a cloak and staff.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Derek Smart, the Harold Camping of video games.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Derek hash the ships

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
It will be masterful if he does something that forces them to react during the live stream.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So what's the big deal if someone knows the names of the ships? Yeah, you probably have some jaded low level employee leaking things here and there, but what does that matter?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

So what's the big deal if someone knows the names of the ships? Yeah, you probably have some jaded low level employee leaking things here and there, but what does that matter?

Star Citizen fanatics have been hanging their hats on the idea that Derek is making poo poo up. Anything to corroborate that he has internal sources providing him legit info makes them more uncomfortable and desperate, which provides us more humor.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

You could guess the ships pretty much as they need so much money. The big deal is the hardcore citizens are going to say he's wrong no matter what he says but they'd love to know what's in the sale so they'll be reading whatever he says and CIG will want to prove him wrong on everything. So CIG and people like Karl are going to be very upset.

Also the only reason they hold stuff back is to make more money, that Mark Hamill interview will have been filmed months ago but CIG got gamestar to sit on it until the November sale. Any other surprises like that might get blown too.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Ragequit posted:

Because it seems to anger CIG to extreme levels and in turn forces them to accidentally name their ships POTATO. This makes them look like bigger idiots than they already are and allows the rest of us to laugh.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tortolia posted:

Star Citizen fanatics have been hanging their hats on the idea that Derek is making poo poo up. Anything to corroborate that he has internal sources providing him legit info makes them more uncomfortable and desperate, which provides us more humor.

That makes a lot of sense. They need something constant in their life, and CIG is exactly the opposite of that. Good stuff.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"I want to be a Space Wizard."

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

2DCAT posted:

Because it seems to anger CIG to extreme levels and in turn forces them to accidentally name their ships POTATO. This makes them look like bigger idiots than they already are and allows the rest of us to laugh.
Yeah, seriously. Almost nothing Derek has revealed has really mattered, which is why CIG's overreactions are so funny.

He prods them with a wiffle bat and they start gouging their own loving eyes out to spite him. It's beautiful.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

FYI, if you guys decide to hash the predictions again, make sure and put bonus text in so it can't be immediately searched.

EDIT: 3abe342c3d306bbb3b7a30e40ff89571

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ragequit posted:

Derek says insiders are feeding him the truth about CIG. Redditors say he's making poo poo up. Derek releases info that only an insider could know (ship names). Reddit has to make up an even more elaborate conspiracy to continue to ignore what he says.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ragequit posted:

By leaking the names of ships they are leaking 50% of the total game so in that context it's pretty alarming

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Citizens forget their Jump drives are powered by Kangaroos.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

Hrm, I'd have to figure out the french fries part, but I suppose I could replace chicken fingers with chicken fries. Maybe a mozzarella stick or two. Could be one of those weekend homemade food coma sandwiches.

I can't believe you didn't savage the guy who said ketchup and hot dogs were made for each other.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

By leaking the names of ships they are leaking 50% of the total game so in that context it's pretty alarming

SPOILER ALERT

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ragequit posted:

Because CIG gets mad? See previous ship name reveal and Austin office closing.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Chalks posted:

Derek says insiders are feeding him the truth about CIG. Redditors say he's making poo poo up. Derek releases info that only an insider could know (ship names). Reddit has to make up an even more elaborate conspiracy to continue to ignore what he says.

CIG changes what they release, but because they chose the initial ones based on what they think would sell best, they end up losing out and looking like idiots.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
8b40e9a9f56aaba5310626ceb3d19962

(I promise it is not a streched butt)

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Derek is really popping-off on twitter right now lmao.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Derek is really popping-off on twitter right now lmao.

Responding to no one but himself. It's amazing. Holy moly Derek.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Make us proud, Derek. :911:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

neonbregna posted:

Because CIG gets mad? See previous ship name reveal and Austin office closing.

Also ranting and swearing in the office while accusing staff of betrayal which causes others to walk on the spot or hand their notice in.

It's like the last days in the bunker.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

AP posted:

It's like the last days in the bunker.
Next Derek reveals that Sandi wears the 'stache when she thinks no one is looking.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Trying to think about what ships could get leaked to D_Smart. It's an anniversary sale, so people can expect to see all the big old "limited" ships (890 Jump, etc) to make a return, and another batch of Idris/Javelin/Whatever capital ships won't be surprising. The days of the sale are themed, so it's pretty likely that the limited ships will go on sale on their day (The alien cargo ship on "trader day" for example). The Crucible is confirmed as a concept sale apparently, although according to some rando there might be two additional concept sales. There are two ships that apparently are almost ready to be put into the "game" so those are probably going to be pretty heavily featured.

I'm not up on how many concept ships they have been talking about, so I don't know if there are any known ones after the Crucible, but that seems like the only real leak he could get that matters. The other one that might be kind of surprising is if they put the cruiser (prowler? panther? some p-word) on sale, but I'm not sure that would be a shocking revelation.

I hope he's got something more than just "The Caterpillar is going on sale on 'Pirate Day'" or whatever.

real fake edit: I guess the "one to three concept sales" thing is from Ben, not just some internet rando.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 17, 2015

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Mashes out 100s of tweets per hour: "It's totally not personal!" Derek, you are a 5-year-old in a 50-year-old body. Shine on you crazy diamond. God bless this mess.

The sale is today or tomorrow, correct? That's why everyone is going crazy?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

Mashes out 100s of tweets per hour: "It's totally not personal!" Derek, you are a 5-year-old in a 50-year-old body. Shine on you crazy diamond. God bless this mess.

The sale is today or tomorrow, correct? That's why everyone is going crazy?

19th, 2 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Derek if you're gonna post the ship sale names make sure they're hashed properly this time. Otherwise CIG will be forced to sell the POTATO again.

• Locked thread