Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Ruotsalainen postaus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

Hogge Wild posted:

Mentos Dan -posti

Awwwww .... I can't stay mad at you, you vowel-ending noun spouting bog dwarf.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

I like how the church magazine assumed its readership to be retarded enough they had to include an arrow pointing out who theyre talking about

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol are swedes really weirded out by the sauna thing? It's like knocking Swedes for having comfortable furniture or some shti

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
How did Finns become Asian? Also, where is the highest concentration of US Finns, is it also Minnesota like the Swedes because Minnesota is relatively decent.

I stayed at a camp in Minnesota that had a genuine dedicated sauna building + a nearby hole cut in the ice of the frozen river. Running out of the sauna and jumping through the ice was basically a psychedelic experience, holy poo poo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I think because they are Huns descended from Attila's horde

bigger question is how did they become blue eyed blondes

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Alan Smithee posted:

I think because they are Huns descended from Attila's horde

i think thats hungarians, its why atilla is a popular name there

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Dyna Soar posted:

i see, they both have glasses which makes them nearly identical
They both also have those weird curved mouths that show their teeth.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Maoist Pussy posted:

Also, where is the highest concentration of US Finns, is it also Minnesota

Minnesota and Oregon/the northwest mostly, but ive heard theres a sizeable expat community in new york and also recently met a guy who used to be a part of a community in Florida. So i guess the answer is finns are everywhere, but the northwest probably attracts finns cause the climate is similar except it doesnt get as shitfuck cold in the winter.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

goatse.cx haver posted:

Minnesota and Oregon/the northwest mostly, but ive heard theres a sizeable expat community in new york and also recently met a guy who used to be a part of a community in Florida. So i guess the answer is finns are everywhere, but the northwest probably attracts finns cause the climate is similar except it doesnt get as shitfuck cold in the winter.

most finns who moved to the states in the early 1900's went to oregon, minnesota and geographically similar states because they were comfortable with the climate and also proficient in logging, an industry that hired all capable workforce at the time. the finns who live there now are descendents of those early immigrants and don't usually know finnish at all except for the really old geezers i guess. the community in florida is mostly elderly finns who moved there after retirement.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 17, 2015

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

In Canada it's Thunder Bay which looks a lot like finland.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Dyna Soar posted:

the community in florida is mostly elderly finns who moved there after retirement.

The guy was a homeless dude selling weed out of a big thermos, didnt really seem like the type to hang out at a retirement home. Thats pretty much what Florida is though i guess, a huge retirement home.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

goatse.cx haver posted:

The guy was a homeless dude selling weed out of a big thermos, didnt really seem like the type to hang out at a retirement home. Thats pretty much what Florida is though i guess, a huge retirement home.

depravity in the retirement home

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Naxuz posted:

The Fash and the Commie both run deep in the Finn, it's kinda weird actually, you'd think our Mongol blood would make us immune to such European diseases

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

same

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

theres so much goin on in this photo

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
pamela anderson is a finn

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Lol :prepop:

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Yank propaganda trying to place the proud finns together with the lovely Irish and slavs

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Finland is neither fertile comfortable or happy

lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

kikkelivelho posted:

Yank propaganda trying to place the proud finns together with the lovely Irish and slavs

goondolences that you live in swamp country

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Alan Smithee posted:

lol are swedes really weirded out by the sauna thing? It's like knocking Swedes for having comfortable furniture or some shti

no, why would we be? we got plenty of our own

except we call them bastu because lol at using finnish words for anything ever

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

no, why would we be? we got plenty of our own

except we call them bastu because lol at using finnish words for anything ever

swedish sauna is really lovely though

i was once at this hotel in stockholm and went to the sauna. there was these two old swedish guys reading newspapers and it was like, +50 celsius. i had to use an empty beer can to throw water on the rocks and when i did, the two guys immediately left. a few minutes later the receptionist came in and threatened to kick me out for trying to burn down their bastu.

so yeah, your bastu and our sauna don't have much in common

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 17, 2015

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Dyna Soar posted:

i was once at this hotel in stockholm and went to the sauna. there was these two old swedish guys reading newspapers and it was like, +50 celsius. i had to use an empty beer can to throw water on the rocks and when i did, the two guys immediately left. a few minutes later the receptionist came in and threatened to kick me out for trying to burn down their bastu.

*finn experiences thinly veiled racism and doesn't even realize it*

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

*finn experiences thinly veiled racism and doesn't even realize it*

nah, swedes just really enjoy sitting in a mildly warm room instead of sweating like pigs and getting drunk. they're more civilized i guess.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
finns like to have the sauna temperature so high that it's impossible to think about anything but how loving hot it is. that way they don't have to reflect on how lovely life is for once.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

LordArgh posted:

finns like to have the sauna temperature so high that it's impossible to think about anything but how loving hot it is. that way they don't have to reflect on how lovely life is for once.

you should try it, it's the best thing in the world imo. i go to sauna at least once a week or more if i can. every night during the summer at my cabin.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah - old guys sure love to complain, i feel your pain.

what hotel was it?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

please don't conflate stockholmers and actual swedes, it's very offensive

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Rambling Robot posted:

yeah - old guys sure love to complain, i feel your pain.

what hotel was it?

i can't remember, it was a work trip so i didnt book the hotel myself.

i think the reason why the receptionist was so mad was that it was an electric kiuas (no idea what you swedes call it) so naturally throwing water in will make it explode.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
A moment of great personal pride was when a Finn who had left the sauna after I went in came back to check on me, because I had been in there for "quite some time."

Through the sweat and pain he saw the mongol within.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Prav posted:

please don't conflate stockholmers and actual swedes, it's very offensive

I try, but they seem pretty certain they're the only people in the Nordics.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Dyna Soar posted:

i can't remember, it was a work trip so i didnt book the hotel myself.

i think the reason why the receptionist was so mad was that it was an electric kiuas (no idea what you swedes call it) so naturally throwing water in will make it explode.

I've seen a bastu that had a red rope in front of the electric kiuas, with a sign hanging off it saying that throwing water on the rocks is explicitly verboten because *electrical hazard*. I was just glad they didn't make me wear safety gear going in.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Naxuz posted:

I've seen a bastu that had a red rope in front of the electric kiuas, with a sign hanging off it saying that throwing water on the rocks is explicitly verboten because *electrical hazard*. I was just glad they didn't make me wear safety gear going in.

An electric sauna stove that can't handle water sounds like some seriously shoddy design and bad craftmanship. Most likely just a Swedish attempt to keep any visiting Finns from making their reading room's temperature rise over 50 degrees. :supaburn:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Meta-Mollusk posted:

An electric sauna stove that can't handle water sounds like some seriously shoddy design and bad craftmanship. Most likely just a Swedish attempt to keep any visiting Finns from making their reading room's temperature rise over 50 degrees. :supaburn:

no poo poo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Finns how do you feel about Russian refugees buying up all the property

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I went into a sauna once and there were only eastern european women there. They laughed and told me to sit down, so i did. I did not understand what they were saying but that did not stop them from talking at length with me

sauna experiences itt

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

they were professional wives looking for swedish husband

you were too socially awkward to fall into their trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Living in Finland finally pays off. ISIS wouldn't come here to terrorize even if we paid them.

• Locked thread