Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Hey man.. that's like.. your opinion.

At least I can play ED. What's it matter if they tried to avoid refunds?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Companies are evil, news at 11

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

Great, this thread has found a new way to go to poo poo :sigh:

..so what's everyone's favorite Anime?
Right now it's One Punch Man. I've really enjoyed Knights of Sidonia and Your Lie in April.

For a short Garden of Words was rather lush and intimate.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Hey guys. It's winter. That means tamale season.

I loving love tamales. I pity those of you who don't have good tamales.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

Great, this thread has found a new way to go to poo poo :sigh:

..so what's everyone's favorite Anime?

I enjoy a good Lupin the III from time to time. Watching the gundam OAVs from the 80s for the first time and they are fuckin' good

After growing up on Gundam Wing and Gundam SEED, knowing that there's more good Gundam out there than just 08 MS Team is great!

For 2015, the new Osomatsu series is pretty funny

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
never really got into tamales. I mean it's like a burrito you gotta peel first

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

never really got into tamales. I mean it's like a burrito you gotta peel first

Sorry for your loss

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

At least I can play ED. What's it matter if they tried to avoid refunds?

It doesn't really it's history, as with Star Citizen some people either don't know their rights and misinform people or for some odd reason want to defend companies from the evil consumers.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Speaking of mustaches...

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I enjoy a good Lupin the III from time to time. Watching the gundam OAVs from the 80s for the first time and they are fuckin' good

Watch Turn A Gundam. Realize that you're happy that Tomino peaked in the Gundam universe with his final series (until Reconguista, but he didn't really have a full 50 episode run for that series).

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Spaced God posted:

Yo for real though, can we just take a second to acknowledge that the best genre of sandwiches are fat sandwiches and anyone who denies that is loving incorrect?
Best sandwich is one from the hole in the wall down the road where I grew up. Bacon + Lettuce + Tomato + Chicken Fingers + French Fries + Honey Barbeque sauce. I had to starve myself all day to eat it, but gently caress it was worth it.

If y'all are ever in north NJ loving grab one of them. And eat it while questioning why you were in NJ.

I'm sorry you grew up in a scummy town I spent 4 years urinating and vomiting in the streets of

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Hey Bootcha:

A Redditor would like to know if you'll be attending the Austin Bar Citizens meet-up with Chris and Sandi. I'm guessing no.

But what I would like to know is if you will have your epic new video finished before the Star Citizen Livestream starts on Thursday.

Please say you will- that would make for a lovely apéritif.

I might go if Peterson goes. I'd rather have a Wingman at my side.

EDIT: Oh the 22nd? I have hockey that night. If it's any time before 4pm and I can have Wingman at my side, then maybe.

Otherwise get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

fuzzknot posted:

I can't believe you didn't savage the guy who said ketchup and hot dogs were made for each other.

If the guy wants to stuff heresy down his gullet, he can do so out of my sight.

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 17, 2015

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
fat sandwichs are the loving bes

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
anime is bad

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Spaced God posted:

Yo for real though, can we just take a second to acknowledge that the best genre of sandwiches are fat sandwiches and anyone who denies that is loving incorrect?
Best sandwich is one from the hole in the wall down the road where I grew up. Bacon + Lettuce + Tomato + Chicken Fingers + French Fries + Honey Barbeque sauce. I had to starve myself all day to eat it, but gently caress it was worth it.

If y'all are ever in north NJ loving grab one of them. And eat it while questioning why you were in NJ.

That looks like it wants to be a Primanti's sandwich, but is too chicken to just skip the lettuce and go straight to cole slaw.

Bonus: You don't have to go to North Jersey to get this sandwich. You get to go to Pittsburgh, which is way nicer.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sandi - Prototyping the USB for the silver collectors boxes

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Berious posted:

anime is bad
why don't you effort post about it?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

LuiCypher posted:

That looks like it wants to be a Primanti's sandwich, but is too chicken to just skip the lettuce and go straight to cole slaw.

Bonus: You don't have to go to North Jersey to get this sandwich. You get to go to Pittsburgh, which is way nicer.

why the gently caress would you eat this with a battery

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Quoting for later use when I get back from the dentist.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

D_Smart posted:

LOL!!! yeah. We buy Heinz salad dressing six bottles at a time. By the time it gets to 2 bottles left, I'm already freaking out and having panic attacks. Very few stores sell it on import. So often, I make the trek to a local British import store to stock up. When I am in the UK, I ship a box of 12 back to the US. Down in Florida, only one grocery store (Publix) sometimes has it in their "Ethic Foods" section. And usually it's all gone the minute it hits the shelf. Some Walmart stores also carry it from time to time.

Good stuff. Anyone who hasn't tried it, trust me, skip the mayo and get this. Some online British stores, as well as eBay and Amazon have it btw; but over-priced as expected. Google: "heinz salad cream"

Salad cream is really really good with shredded cabbage, much better than coleslaw...and even better with celeriac.

Can you do me a big favor and mail me a box containing a large jar of HP fruity sauce, a large jar of pickled onions, and as many containers of chocolate hobnobs as will fit please? Don't worry about the tea, I order PG tips in bulk from Amazon.

e: oh, also, if you like Branston Pickle, there's a sauce here called Pickapeppa that has a mango-flavored version which tastes exactly the same.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

LuiCypher posted:

is that slaw or sauerkraut? why does no one just put big pieces of crunchy lettuce (or cabbage) on their sandwiches anymore? That poo poo will just turn into a giant loving mess and it doesn't really gain anything from it

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Honest question: Was the Star Citizen Dark Knight thread too inappropriate?

Star Citizen's Dark Knight posted:

Hopefully this doesn't get me on probation, so, here goes:

Star Citizen has its fair share of White Knights, those who would stand up with CIG and protect it against all those who would seek to tear it down.
But recently those attacks have grown to be more vicious and aggressive than ever before, which presents us with a question:
Does Star Citizen need, therefore, a Dark Knight?

Does Star Citizen need, or deserve him?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Alan Smithee posted:

why the gently caress would you eat this with a battery

Because if you thought about it, the point of the battery is to give you a point of reference for size comparison?

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

is that slaw or sauerkraut? why does no one just put big pieces of crunchy lettuce (or cabbage) on their sandwiches anymore? That poo poo will just turn into a giant loving mess and it doesn't really gain anything from it

'Tis slaw indeed.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 17, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

some surprisingly mellow comments in that thread, I'm kind of surprised.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

LuiCypher posted:

'Tis slaw indeed.

I feel like the lighting in that picture just kinda sucks, and it probably looks way better in real life than it does in that. I'd probably try it, but I wish someone would do something with slaw that isn't "slather it in mayo or salad dressing and call it a day"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

So mad right now, fuming

Time to prepare some meat, then.

It's a more annoying method, but doesn't require as much equipment as a regular smokery.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

I feel like the lighting in that picture just kinda sucks, and it probably looks way better in real life than it does in that. I'd probably try it, but I wish someone would do something with slaw that isn't "slather it in mayo or salad dressing and call it a day"

Primanti's slaw is pretty much just shredded cabbage with some vinegar. It's not that confetti drenched in mayo like KFC or other places.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Yeah, I feel that. A lot of places are pretty lazy with their slaw just like that (and I say this having made slaw just that way when I worked at a restaurant back in high school).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Tippis posted:

Time to prepare some meat, then.

It's a more annoying method, but doesn't require as much equipment as a regular smokery.

My dream house will have an outdoor brick pizza oven and one of those giant smokers you can smoke like 8 hams on at a time. I'll probably never actually smoke that much ham at once, but gently caress you I might. All of my friends will have sports cars and poo poo, and I'll have a fuckton of kitchen equipment because I am the manliest of men.

• Locked thread