Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

What village would that be?

Also, did they have Marmite, Ovaltine or those addictive Roundtree sweet pastilles (OMG!! those things are made by the devil himself!)?

They had everything pretty much, the whole shop revolves around the UK stuff, it's very odd to see.
It's in Charroux so a main town nearby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Derek Smart plz make a Kickstarter I want this thread to go into outer space

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

no_recall posted:

Everyone who backed this game, is backing a internet series studio.

They have:

1) ATV
2) RTV
3) Jump Points
4) 10 for Chairman
5) 10 for Dev
6) 10 for Writers
7) Bug Smashers
8) Meet the Devs

So many shows for a game! So much content!I .... and no game. This is wonderful.

Hollywood trends.

OK, and 14 studios to rule them all.

quote:

1) Cloud Imperium Games Corp, West Hollywood, CA
2) Cloud Imperium Games LLC, West Hollywood, CA
3) Cloud Imperium Services, LLC West Hollywood, CA
4) Cloud Imperium Games LLC, Santa Monica, CA
5) Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, West Hollywood, CA
6) Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, Austin, TX
7) Cloud Imperium Games UK Limited, UK
8) Foundry 42 Limited, UK
9) Foundry 42, Germany
10) Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, West Hollywood, CA
11) Gemini 42 Productions LLC, Santa Monica, CA
12) Roberts Space Industries Corp, West Hollywood, CA
13) Roberts Space Industries International Limited, UK
14) Twin Brothers Production Inc, West Hollywood, CA
15) Twin Bros, Germany

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

CrazyLoon posted:

Holy poo poo, now that seriously sounds amazing.

Unlike Star Citizen.

For less than the price of a Javelin jpeg, you can also do dogfights in a real airplane that you fly yourself.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

1) Butt Imperium Games Corp, West Hollywood, CA
2) Butt Imperium Games LLC, West Hollywood, CA
3) Butt Imperium Services, LLC West Hollywood, CA
4) Butt Imperium Games LLC, Santa Monica, CA
5) Butt Imperium Games Texas LLC, West Hollywood, CA
6) Butt Imperium Games Texas LLC, Austin, TX
7) Butt Imperium Games UK Limited, UK
8) Foundry 42 Limited, UK
9) Foundry 42, Germany
10) Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, West Hollywood, CA
11) Gemini 42 Productions LLC, Santa Monica, CA
12) Roberts Space Industries Corp, West Hollywood, CA
13) Roberts Space Industries International Limited, UK
14) Twin Brothers Production Inc, West Hollywood, CA
15) Twin Bros, Germany

Heh, butts

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Derek what's the next bit of drama we can expect?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Derek when's the next blog, also when are you going to publish the ship sale list?

Also please give a date and then be really late doing it. The idea of all those reddit idiots constantly refreshing your twitter stream and getting incredibly annoyed more than makes up for any temporary disappointment I'll have at having to wait.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

no_recall posted:

Everyone who backed this game, is backing a internet series studio.

They have:

1) ATV
2) RTV
3) Jump Points
4) 10 for Chairman
5) 10 for Dev
6) 10 for Writers
7) Bug Smashers
8) Meet the Devs

So many shows for a game! So much content!I .... and no game. This is wonderful.
Don't forget the new show: 'Design Your Helmet' or something. It was mentioned in one of their latest vlogs.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Rowntree's fruit pastilles were great.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Ravane posted:

How do you spend 52k on Star Citizen? It's simple.

Your homey CR in position, in the kitchen with soda.
I just whipped up a watch, tryin' to get me Omega
Tryin' to stretch out the pants, Sumo wrestler, yessir
Keep the Heckler close, you know them goons'll test ya
But like, fifty-two kay when I'm, I'm through dealin'
Now fifty-two ships come out, now you feel 'em
Now, fifty-two cars roll out, remove ceiling
In case fifty-two broads come out, now you chillin'
With a boss bitch of course S.C. on the sleeve
At the 40/40 club, RtV on the screen
I paid a bunch for the jeans, extra wide, it is clean
No chrome on the wheels, I'm a grown-up for real.

- Fat Jay-Z, Dirt of Your Second Chin

I don't know if anyone noticed, but I really liked this Mustang Omega/Omega watch double entendre. I thought it was pretty clever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_-VaTHpc8

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CrazyLoon posted:

Wonder how many citizens will get permabanned from their forums this time, merely for repeating the leaked ship names ala Beer.

My plan is get as many people banned as possible. The more people they ban, the more aggro they get.

Seriously, there is an entire plan in play. And rabid White Knights are the key element of making that plan stay on track. Thus far, they continue to deliver and I couldn't have asked for a better PR machine. I couldn't take out Google Ads and get this much traction. At all.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

D_Smart posted:

Seriously, there is an entire plan in play. And rabid White Knights are the key element of making that plan stay on track. Thus far, they continue to deliver and I couldn't have asked for a better PR machine. I couldn't take out Google Ads and get this much traction. At all.
Please don't forget about the Dark Knights:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Connection to ISIS and Star Citizen?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

"The day of judgement is soon upon us. It will be glorious and spoken of from the mouths of man for all of gaming history. (The sands of time have run out, son of Durotan)"

I really like when D_Smart goes all "mad prophet" and wish he would do it more. We should pitch in to get him a cloak and staff.

LOL!! don't joke, I already heard from sources that very few people have access to the ship names. Seeing as Ben and Lando are two of those people with access to that list, I hope they don't get fired because as much as I rail on those guys, I really do like that they're serious about their jobs. It's the same reason why nobody was mad at the Iraqi information minister.

The flip-side of that is that employing an age-old tactic of weeding out a mole, by putting our bogus intel and seeing who leaks it, is something that I also need to be very wary of.

What's really pissing me off is that, for a game that touts "open development", we have to rely on leaked information - for a crowd-funded game - in order to know about this deal in a game that's being funded by the public. Assholes.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Mirificus posted:

Please don't forget about the Dark Knights:

Star Citizens gonna gently caress you up if you keep talking bad about da game.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It will be masterful if he does something that forces them to react during the live stream.

Just wait.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 7, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

D_Smart posted:

What's really pissing me off is that, for a game that touts "open development", we have to rely on leaked information - for a crowd-funded game - in order to know about this deal in a game that's being funded by the public. Assholes.
This just in, Derek Smart reports that the next CIG deal will be "Assholes."

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
hey Derek if you ever need some salad creme sending over i got your back homie

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Any place in us that sells kp brown sauce?

UK condiment chat has had me aching for it

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ragequit posted:

So what's the big deal if someone knows the names of the ships? Yeah, you probably have some jaded low level employee leaking things here and there, but what does that matter?

It's bullshit really. But if you think that's funny, get this: word is, they were actually discussing suing me for corporate espionage due to my leaking the name of that CitizenCon ship. I was laughing so hard on the phone. Hence my tweet about it this morning.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 17, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tortolia posted:

Star Citizen fanatics have been hanging their hats on the idea that Derek is making poo poo up. Anything to corroborate that he has internal sources providing him legit info makes them more uncomfortable and desperate, which provides us more humor.

Yup, this despite the fact that anything I've said, has actually been proven to be true. e.g. they're still in denial about the Austin studio. Go figure.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ShredsYouSay posted:

Whoever said tetley was a good tea is tripping.

Twinings earl grey is where it's at.

Derek, did you grow up in the UK? Do you ever feel nostalgic for stovies, broth, or well-fired rolls?

Earl grey tastes like washing up liquid to me

Tetley is the tea of the proletariat - preferably strong enough to stand your spoon up in

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Final victory achieved. Got my 2012 money back.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Berious posted:

Earl grey tastes like washing up liquid to me

Tetley is the tea of the proletariat - preferably strong enough to stand your spoon up in

You haven't lived until you have had Turkish tea homemade :magical:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

neonbregna posted:

Because CIG gets mad? See previous ship name reveal and Austin office closing.

...or my CitizenCon synopsis :)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SelenicMartian posted:

This just in, Derek Smart reports that the next CIG deal will be "Assholes."

Anything that makes this story more Enron-like is a good thing.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ragequit posted:

Responding to no one but himself. It's amazing. Holy moly Derek.

That's because I'd rather not use Twitlonger. Plus, keeping the topic coherent, relies on my responding to myself. :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! don't joke, I already heard from sources that very few people have access to the ship names. Seeing as Ben and Lando are two of those people with access to that list, I hope they don't get fired because as much as I rail on those guys, I really do like that they're serious about their jobs. It's the same reason why nobody was mad at the Iraqi information minister.

The flip-side of that is that employing an age-old tactic of weeding out a mole, by putting our bogus intel and seeing who leaks it, is something that I also need to be very wary of.

I actually think this whole spy-vs-spy thing is one of the more interesting developments to come out of this whole debacle. I've spitballed up a list of ships that I'm pretty certain the sale is going to see and I'm interested to eventually see what your leaks say when you drop them. How credible do you think the idea is that they will use this as an opportunity to go mole hunting? If it were me I wouldn't even bother trying to weed out the mole, because if anybody ever caught wind that they were doing it they would lose any sort of deniability on the whole thing. But then again I've never convinced hoards of nerds to give me 95 million dollars, so what do I know?

Also, as a side note I really wasn't kidding, this thread is never more entertaining than when you are going HAM on predictions and tossing around biblical-sounding statements.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alphabettitouretti posted:

Derek if you're gonna post the ship sale names make sure they're hashed properly this time. Otherwise CIG will be forced to sell the POTATO again.

Hey, for the record, that had nothing to do with me. That's all on Beer.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Cig isn't that clever

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Gwaihir posted:

Easy you just keep buying multiples of stuff you already have.
Yeah- he said he'd done that very thing- owning 2 and 3 copies of many ships.

We're gonna be hearing from that guy. And I don't mean a postcard.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 17, 2015

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

It's bullshit really. But if you think that's funny, get this: word is, they were actually discussing suing me for corporate espionage due to my leaking the name of that CitizenCon ship. I was laughing so hard on the phone. Hence my tweet about it this morning.

I'm not saying I hope you get sued, but if you DO get sued, I hope it's for corporate espionage. I would pay-per-view the poo poo out of that hearing.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

No, it's not. Being jailed for something implies a criminal case, not a civil case. Rhode Island brought a civil case because they had no primary evidence of fraud that would have interested the FBI, mainly because their assertion is a risk assessment was *ignored*. Bear in mind that you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that there was a specific attempt to defraud, rather than simply being forgetful or crap. Most fraud cases that are actually heard involve someone handing someone else money.

To specify this more, to be jailed for fraud in the 38 studios case, you'd need to be named as a defendent for the crime, convicted and jailed. That's the thing that I cannot find.

Fraud is deliberate deception; that's the level that you have to prove. Throwing around the word as red meat is all well and good, but most fraud cases collapse on 'deliberate deception'.

No. They set up some sort of website for processing refunds, but slunk away from it. The guy who backed at the level of the sword got his, but everyone else got shafted. The 'alpha' they claimed to release was literally a demo level in Unity. To be fair that one was a terrible pitch by a guy that probably regrets fronting his friends.

Wait. Are you saying that nobody connected to the 38 Studios fiasco was jailed for fraud?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

That'd be cool if they used backer money to sue derek. Heck, they could crowd fund with some cool jpgs.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Deliberately preying on people with mental illness with the rationale of "helping" them was really gross.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

D_Smart posted:

Wait. Are you saying that nobody connected to the 38 Studios fiasco was jailed for fraud?

Nope hell even Curt Shilling played baseball after

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

Final victory achieved. Got my 2012 money back.

Hey, congrats man. How long did it take them to get it out to you?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

Yeah- he said he'd done that very thing- owning 2 and 3 copies of many ships.

We're gonna be hearing from that guy. And I don't mean a postcard.

:lol:

"How many ships do you own" should be the first question a psychiatrist asks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Derek I hope the dark knight doesnt riddle you full of bullets. But if it does happen it would be kinda par for the course on this crazy ride.

Also this poo poo right here is worth 20k. 20 minutes of that or sperglords fake jpeg mechanic ship/farm ship/ drink making simulators.

• Locked thread