Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So these White Knight assholes have resorted to attacking projects that I back now. So naturally, this happened.

quote:

I tend not to post in these things. But now I feel that I must, since he just created a new Twitter account (I have blocked several of his) to inject this crap in my feed. He was again blocked.

Any of you even remotely paying attention to that Tommy person should already know the motivation behind it. We've been dealing with that sort of thing since July. And they do it everywhere. And these are the sort of people you do NOT want in your community.

The fact that the funding surge continues, is testament to the fact that the backers of this project aren't idiots.

That said, my follow-up pledge is this:

If the project fails to fund here - and if he asks and we reach an agreement - I will fund it 100% by giving Keith's team total funding of $300K to complete it. Why? Because I trust them, implicitly, to deliver. The project isn't new to me, as I have been following it since the very beginning.

That's way less than what I spent to fund the third-party team that helped work on Line Of Defense Tactics, my multi-platform game and which is now releasing on Xbox One week of Dec 11th. And that is just a fraction of what that game cost to develop across all platforms.

That it all. As you were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

It's a fun time-waster; but those claims are entirely without merit. :)

You've broken my space games heart.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

D_Smart posted:

I am working on a few things right now; all of which are 100% guaranteed to get me either sued (counter-sued if it happens after I sue) or yelled at.

And no, I can't give out hints yet. Rest assured, as always, it will appear here first :)

I am pumped

…………………▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
……………▄▄█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█▄▄
…………▄▀▀▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▀▄
………▄▀▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▀▄
……..█▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▓█
…..▌▓▀▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▓█
…..█▌▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓█
…▐█▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓█▌
…█▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓█
..█▐▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒█▓█
…█▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒█▌▓█
..█▓▓█▒░░░░▒█▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▄█▒░░░░▒█▓▓█
..█▓█▒░▒▒▒▒░░▀▀█▄▄░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░▒▒▒▒░▒█▓█
.█▓▌▒▒▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▒▒▒▀█░░░░█▀▒▒▒▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▒▒▐▓█
.██▌▒▓███▓█████▓▒▐▌░░▐▌▒▓████▓████▓▒▐██
..██▒▒▓███▓▓▓████▓▄░░░▄▓████▓▓▓███▓▒▒██
..█▓▒▒▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████████▓▒▒▓█
..█▓▒░▒▓███████▓▓▄▀░░▀▄▓▓███████▓▒░▒▓█
….█▓▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▀▒░░░░░▒▀▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▒▒░▓█
……█▓▒░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒░▒▓█
………█▓▓▒▒▒░░██░░▒▓██▓▒░░██░░▒▒▒▓▓█
………▀██▓▓▓▒░░▀░▒▓████▓▒░▀░░▒▓▓▓██▀
………….░▀█▓▒▒░░░▓█▓▒▒▓█▓▒░░▒▒▓█▀░
…………█░░██▓▓▒░░▒▒▒░▒▒▒░░▒▓▓██░░█
………….█▄░░▀█▓▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▓█▀░░▄█
…………..█▓█░░█▓▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▓█░░█▓█
…………….█▓█░░█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀░░█░█▓█▌
……………..█▓▓█░█░█░█▀▀▀█░█░▄▀░█▓█
……………..█▓▓█░░▀█▀█░█░█▄█▀░░█▓▓█
………………█▓▒▓█░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▓▓█
………………█▓▒▒▓█░░░░ ░░░░░░░█▓▓█
………………..█▓▒▓██▄█░░░▄░░▄██▓▒▓█
………………..█▓▒▒▓█▒█▀█▄█▀█▒█▓▒▓█
………………..█▓▓▒▒▓██▒▒██▒██▓▒▒▓█
………………….█▓▓▒▒▓▀▀███▀▀▒▒▓▓█
……………………▀█▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█▀
…….………………..▀▀██▓▓▓▓██▀

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Some people just no poo poo pulled pledges from Infinity:Battlescape kickstarter because they saw that Smart has backed it/doesn't hate it.

Star Citizens are the worst...

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Hopper posted:

As for loose tea, I recommend this really nice organic Seeyok Second Flush:

http://www.cupoftea.uk.com/darjeeling-seeyok-second-flush-organic/p1120

Looks good, though I'll have to try it at my local tea shop in the states. Closest they have is:
http://www.adagio.com/black/darjeeling_no22.html

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

xiansi posted:

No-one's mentioned Lapsang Souchong yet. This stuff is the best tea. It's...not subtle, and the main flavour is smoke, but loving smoked tea is amazing.

This person knows what good tea is. Lapsang Souchong is incredible stuff. I miss having some close at hand.

Also, some people mentioned HP Sauce. This stuff is also delicious. I've never had any trouble finding it where I am (DC), but that's because I suspect it's not terribly hard to find international things in your basic grocery store in DC.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheCoach posted:

Some people just no poo poo pulled pledges from Infinity:Battlescape kickstarter because they saw that Smart has backed it/doesn't hate it.

Star Citizens are the worst...

Actually they didn't or they won't still be posting since you can only post in a project you backed. They're drama queens.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
I just finished balancing my budgets; I'm looking forward to the anniversary sale.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Not a drat thing. In fact, the crazy thing is that I'm hoping they're dumb enough to do it. For any reason. Anti-SLAPP is a righteous bitch down here in Florida. And any cause of action they bring, and which gets tossed, is a win for me. I get to go write tomes about it and cause them even more PR nightmares once the media picks it up. Not only that, it also brings me one step closer to getting answers as to where all this money went and whether or not malfeasance is in play.

They have just as much intention of suing as you do. Rest easy.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

xanif posted:

Finally got my refund/account closure email. They're giving me my money back in 3 different ways: paypal, amazon, and credit card reimbursement.

Which is weird as gently caress but whatever.

The amazon credit is already applied. Waiting on the other two.

How much and from which companies?

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Actually they didn't or they won't still be posting since you can only post in a project you backed. They're drama queens.

Thanks for supporting the Thunderclap btw.
Stay Smart.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Stay Derek Smart

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Mission:possible

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Kimsemus posted:

Final victory achieved. Got my 2012 money back.

Congratulations on being freed.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Slay Derek Smart - Brown Sea Reddit coalition for space cults.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Shop Smart

Shop S- Derek Smart is a monster who is trying to burn my jpegs!

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015
While the 300k funding and the agreement that goes with that would make for some interesting drama, there's no way they'll have trouble hitting the mark. They're not even in the last 48 hours yet and they only need 2.5% more of the total.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Been periodically checking out old "Reverse the Verse" episodes- the ones no longer linked via CIGcommunity's account but still on Twitch- partly to see what sort of claims were being made a year or more ago about the game.

Found something interesting, for those who paid attention to the 'outlandish' claims made by The Escapist that Sandi spent company time (sometimes out of the country) auditioning for parts in movies and tv shows.

Check this out.

Reverse the Verse 15

Sandi makes an appearance, sporting rather bizarre tattoos. At 10:30 in to the video, Sandi explains that the reason she's all 'tatted up' is because she’s been auditioning for a part as a “feral viper”.

Then Ben turns to camera and helpfully adds, “That’s often the reason you see Sandi in the crazy outfits…”

(bonus clip: At 16:40, Ben says the FPS is playable and fans will be seeing more of it in October. This is well over a year ago...)

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Retaliator
Gladiator
Redeemer
Avenger
Reclaimer

Vindicator Sabre.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

i am only trying to get my $40 refunded but today I finally got a response that says they don't typically refund after 14 days but he'll ask his manager. that's amusing.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

EDIT: ^^Screw that. Others here have been getting much larger refunds for purchases made at the very start. These jerks don't deserve the time of day; go right to your bank and start the chargeback process. You'll probably see your money much sooner^^^

D_Smart posted:

As I posted a few weeks back, my sources tell me that it probably will, if Chris has his way. This despite the fact that none of it is "production" ready. If they DO release "something", two things to remember related to the quality:

social/planetside module
buggies in a hangar

The problem they're going to be faced with, is going to be the exodus of key people after the holidays die down. Just wait.

When you say that none of it's production ready, how bad do you mean? Like memory-leaking and melting your harddrive bad?

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 18, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

D_Smart posted:

ps: Stout. Never touched the stuff. Like never - ever - never. It's the most vile thing ever.

Woah now, you're missing out. Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout, Wiper and True Milk Shake and To Øl By Udder Means are the nectar of the Gods.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Illectro just got some upset upsetties unfollow him on twitter because they can't handle the Smart.
These people are such giant babies, how can they handle life?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

They can't, that's why they invest every part of their soul in make believe.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

phosdex posted:

i am only trying to get my $40 refunded but today I finally got a response that says they don't typically refund after 14 days but he'll ask his manager. that's amusing.

Citizen. Get a chargeback.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Don't do a chargeback until a reasonable amount of time has passed. I think two weeks is reasonable.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

LuiCypher posted:

Also, some people mentioned HP Sauce. This stuff is also delicious. I've never had any trouble finding it where I am (DC), but that's because I suspect it's not terribly hard to find international things in your basic grocery store in DC.

Grew up with HP sauce, it's as :britain: as you can get, goes great with bacon, egg & sausages for breakfast. Add a good cup of strong tea...this is how we built an empire.

Salsa Lizano, something I discovered travelling, is to HP what Vegemite is to Marmite (i.e. similar, but not quite the same), and probably easier to get in the States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salsa_Lizano

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Do not be reasonable citizen.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

G0RF posted:

Been periodically checking out old "Reverse the Verse" episodes- the ones no longer linked via CIGcommunity's account but still on Twitch- partly to see what sort of claims were being made a year or more ago about the game.

Found something interesting, for those who paid attention to the 'outlandish' claims made by The Escapist that Sandi spent company time (sometimes out of the country) auditioning for parts in movies and tv shows.

Check this out.

Reverse the Verse 15

Sandi makes an appearance, sporting rather bizarre tattoos. At 10:30 in to the video, Sandi explains that the reason she's all 'tatted up' is because she’s been auditioning for a part as a “feral viper”.

Then Ben turns to camera and helpfully adds, “That’s often the reason you see Sandi in the crazy outfits…”

(bonus clip: At 16:40, Ben says the FPS is playable and fans will be seeing more of it in October. This is well over a year ago...)

I really want to know how much Sandi is getting paid to spend half her time auditioning for parts that she never gets and the other half doing the 12 dollar an hour job of answering CS requests.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheCoach posted:

Illectro just got some upset upsetties unfollow him on twitter because they can't handle the Smart.
These people are such giant babies, how can they handle life?

Yeah, I saw that. But it had nothing to do with me, but more to do with what he tweeted! He doesn't even follow me on Twitter!

quote:

Extremist Star Citizen fans are upset that Derek Smart has backed Infinity: Battlescape and are pulling pledges. http://pic.twitter.com/1Eqi9NgBcq

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I saw that. But it had nothing to do with me, but more to do with what he tweeted! He doesn't even follow me on Twitter!

No, you see he said Smart and that is like a god damned cross to a vampire, they have to flee else it'll burn SMART into their face with holy fire.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

EDIT: ^^Screw that. Others here have been getting much larger refunds for purchases made at the very start. These jerks don't deserve the time of day; go right to your bank and start the chargeback process. You'll probably see your money much sooner^^^

When you say that none of it's production ready, how bad do you mean? Like memory-leaking and melting your harddrive bad?

Most of us gamedev, we have two types of builds

1) staging // internal use only

2) production // ready for public consumption

The latter is what we usually push to the public either for testing or as final patches.

In the case of v2.0, they don't have a production build yet. And they can't release a staging build because that implies all manner of broken stuff such as memory leaks, crashes, incomplete features, missing assets etc

So, IF they release ANYTHING before year end, it means that someone decided to do a staging build as a production target, and release it. Pretty much what has been going on with AC for 18 months, the social/planetside release, as well as the recent buggy hangar release.

Which is why they're tagging their releases as "pre-Alpha". But by doing so, they are well within their rights to release a production build that has a litany of problems, since that's expected of a pre-Alpha and game in development.

Problem is they probably won't get away with doing that now, given all the angst about the project's status etc. And I suspect they know this and that's why they haven't shown anything yet. But they have to weigh the pros and cons of either not releasing anything, or releasing something (regardless of how bad).

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 18, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Raticus79 posted:

While the 300k funding and the agreement that goes with that would make for some interesting drama, there's no way they'll have trouble hitting the mark. They're not even in the last 48 hours yet and they only need 2.5% more of the total.

Do you know how many projects have failed to fund by mere thousands, even within the 48hr mark? Many. I backed quite a few of them.

So even if they get $300K, it's not going to be enough to do all they wanted. That's what stretch goals are for. And they haven't hit a SINGLE one - and won't.

Anyway, the notoriety of my appearance seems to have been positive, despite some White Knight's best effort to derail them by attributing it to me. That's why I put my money where my mouth is, to give the backers some reassurance to counter that poo poo.

I spend my money in meaningful ways; not on JPEG ships for a vaporware game.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

xiansi posted:

Grew up with HP sauce, it's as :britain: as you can get, goes great with bacon, egg & sausages for breakfast. Add a good cup of strong tea...this is how we built an empire.

Salsa Lizano, something I discovered travelling, is to HP what Vegemite is to Marmite (i.e. similar, but not quite the same), and probably easier to get in the States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salsa_Lizano

HP sauce on cheese on toast is great

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've always wondered how a Z-list actress could find herself on board a yacht during the Monaco Grand Prix. No CIG $$$ going there. No. Not at all.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
See, now I'm torn.

On the one hand Salad Cream is he greatest invention in the history of condiments and DS is +10

Then he goes and slates PG Tips. Which is to tea what water is to fish.

So -10.

Derek. We are neutral.

Just thought you would want to know. Coz I know you like to. Coz I'm that interesting and stuff. And reasons. Not raisins.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

theultimo posted:

Nope hell even Curt Shilling played baseball after

I see now where I was misinformed about someone attached to this being jailed for fraud. I knew that I had read that somewhere back in the day. I finally found the article.

http://providence.thephoenix.com/news/159336-38-studios-so-many-questions-not-many-answers/

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Derek, If CIG gets away with this and just shutters up one day, slipping away one pubeless night, will you be on the look out for other such scams?

Will you be the game police?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Yeah I'm not about the hate on pg tips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

McGiggins posted:

Derek, If CIG gets away with this and just shutters up one day, slipping away one pubeless night, will you be on the look out for other such scams?

Will you be the game police?

Not unless the morons running such a scam, single me out and attack me in media for calling them out on bullshit. Then it's on.

• Locked thread