Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

grimcreaper posted:

Ketchup and hot dogs ARE meant for each other. If you disagree then your obviously a Citizen in disguise.

they're only meant for each other if you're 8 years old, you loving twat

talk about hot dogs after you've grown some hair on your loving scrotum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

xiansi posted:

Feck off, cup!

No-one's mentioned Lapsang Souchong yet. This stuff is the best tea. It's...not subtle, and the main flavour is smoke, but loving smoked tea is amazing.

http://www.twinings.co.uk/tea/loose-black-tea/lapsang-souchong

This poo poo is the best. Black tea forever.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dirty Hairy posted:

CS finally got back to me a few days ago to begin the refund dance, but I'm once again waiting for them to respond. I haven't gotten the "half of your account" offer...yet. My issue with chargebacks is that some of my payments are from 2013, some from last year, others from earlier this year, but all through PayPal. Is it possible to issue chargeback requests on everything, and if I did, would I just be taking a big chance of losing money?

Never dealt with PayPal but I've handled chargebacks with Amex where the original charge occurred 18 months prior. So I'd say give it a go.

Chargebacks are the quickest way to get your money back with CIG. They either have to show that they delivered a product (lol) ir they lose and they money gets taken out of their account automatically.

At the very least they have to respond to the case within a few days or they automatically lose. I can't remember exactly how long, but it's definitely shorter than waiting a month for a refund. But it seems they can't keep up with the CS side of things so I don't see them responding to cases. Lol.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Coffee is better.

:gary: :coffee:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

fuzzknot posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha--I actually don't care; Bootcha is the one who considers it an abomination.

I consider hot dogs in general an abomination.

I completely agree with that sentiment. The diamond dogs are the only ones I'll eat because the bacon and relish cover up the hot dog flavor entirely. The ketchup just makes it more palatable overall.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

grimcreaper posted:

The ketchup just makes it more palatable overall.

This is probably the worst thing I've ever read on these forums.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Broccoli Cat posted:

My studies show that amount of ball-hair and preference of hotdog toppings have little relation to each other. Although I admit my sample size is pretty small.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
I think ketchup goes with cheese dogs - especially if it's whiz. Otherwise, mustard. Note: if swiss cheese, mustard also, but preferably dijon. Most other times, yellow mustard.

If you are putting captain crunch on said hot dog, grape jelly is the appropriate condiment.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Olesh posted:

However, be aware that Paypal is NOT Visa or Mastercard. Paypal may tell you that you aren't allowed to dispute the transaction, at which point you'd be stuck with whatever CIG is offering as a refund short of filing a claim in small claims court. Your credit card issuer (especially if they're a credit union) is going to be much easier to work with in terms of explaining the situation and demonstrating the need for a chargeback/dispute after attempting to obtain a full refund, even outside the normal period - this is where CIG's shifting goalposts shoots themselves in the foot, as they've opened themselves up for this essentially from now until they deliver the Star Citizen product (Squadron 42 will NOT be sufficient). Paypal is traditionally much less accommodating, and you could be screwed. Paypal _does_ typically side with the customer, but they have their own rules.

Very good point and why I stopped using PayPal for any purchases over $50. Unless you're using some sketchy debit card you want to protect behind PayPal, always pay directly with credit card. Always. Especially if you own some premium ones (AMEX, Chase Sapphire etc.) they pretty much have no questions asked instant chargeback to your account after which the vendor has to PROVE beyond all reasonable doubt that they delivered and to 100% of my satisfaction. I've never had a chargeback go back to vendor yet.

In fact CCs almost always override dumb "no returns" or "30 day return only" policies and make those invalid.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 18, 2015

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

People who put ketchup on hotdogs are worse than the nazis. There I said it.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

jaegerx posted:

It's ok, we were all thinking it.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Omi-Polari posted:

Coffee is better.

This, always.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Broccoli Cat posted:

Only a shitizens would care what I put on a hot dog.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
gently caress all of you. Ketchup and mayonnaise.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Speaking of, I have been getting Chase Sapphire Preferred poo poo in the mail lately, is it really worth switching to a card with annual fees? They never mentioned easy chargebacks in the brochure and I don't travel often enough to make use of the rewards since I just use my credit card for gas.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Olesh posted:

This is where it gets a little bit dodgy on CIG's part, because there absolutely is a point beyond which you can't demand a chargeback. The issue here is not that the original transaction was from 2013 (or 2014 or whenever), because the timer starts ticking on chargebacks from when the expected date of delivery was at the date of the original transaction. If CIG was on record as having said "Nov 2014", such as for the original kickstarter backers, then the timer for your chargeback starts ticking Dec 1, 2014, upon failure of CIG to deliver what was promised by the date specified. For other backers, when the specified delivery date is either unclear or changes based on CIG's shifting goalposts, it really depends on what you can demonstrate as the expected delivery date of the product and how far from that date you currently are, and what was promised in the TOS that was public at the time. At the very least, CIG has not been doing themselves any favors because there's a certain leeway and flexibility allowed in circumstances when there's a dispute about the delivery date for a product - by inserting their own delays and moving the expected delivery date into the future, they open themselves up for disputes that they cannot win.

However, be aware that Paypal is NOT Visa or Mastercard. Paypal may tell you that you aren't allowed to dispute the transaction, at which point you'd be stuck with whatever CIG is offering as a refund short of filing a claim in small claims court. Your credit card issuer (especially if they're a credit union) is going to be much easier to work with in terms of explaining the situation and demonstrating the need for a chargeback/dispute after attempting to obtain a full refund, even outside the normal period - this is where CIG's shifting goalposts shoots themselves in the foot, as they've opened themselves up for this essentially from now until they deliver the Star Citizen product (Squadron 42 will NOT be sufficient). Paypal is traditionally much less accommodating, and you could be screwed. Paypal _does_ typically side with the customer, but they have their own rules.

For what it's worth, I use PayPal as a gateway to use my credit card through them. I don't know if that makes any difference, but it does make me think it might be worth calling MasterCard and seeing if anything can be done on that end if it comes down to it. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Rad Russian posted:

Very good point and why I stopped using PayPal for any purchases over $50. Unless you're using some sketchy debit card you want to protect behind PayPal, always pay directly with credit card. Always. Especially if you own some premium ones (AMEX, Chase Sapphire etc.) they pretty much have no questions asked instant chargeback to your account after which the vendor has to PROVE beyond all reasonable doubt that they delivered and to 100% of my satisfaction. I've never had a chargeback go back to vendor yet.

In fact CCs almost always override dumb "no returns" or "30 day return only" policies and make those invalid.

I wish I thought of that first. Lesson learned, I guess.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Justin Tyme posted:

Speaking of, I have been getting Chase Sapphire Preferred poo poo in the mail lately, is it really worth switching to a card with annual fees? They never mentioned easy chargebacks in the brochure and I don't travel often enough to make use of the rewards since I just use my credit card for gas.

Personal finance realtalk: Banks are terrible. Switch to a credit union for savings/checking, and get an Amex (either airline cobrand, or one which accrues points (which you should convert to airline miles)). Buy poo poo on the amex, pay it off every month, and rack up stupid frequent flyer miles. Also amex customer service will astonish you if you've only ever dealt with banks -- they're fast, smart about things, and on your side since you pay for the card.

The downside is that they're basically worthless outside the US.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Are you threatening me? I need teepee for my bunghole!

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

mdxi posted:

Personal finance realtalk: Banks are terrible. Switch to a credit union for savings/checking, and get an Amex (either airline cobrand, or one which accrues points (which you should convert to airline miles)). Buy poo poo on the amex, pay it off every month, and rack up stupid frequent flyer miles. Also amex customer service will astonish you if you've only ever dealt with banks -- they're fast, smart about things, and on your side since you pay for the card.

The downside is that they're basically worthless outside the US.

Agreed. It's nice to be able to grab the wife and go fly somewhere first class every once in awhile spending miles earned on dollars I would have otherwise spent on things that aren't plane tickets.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

pokie posted:

This poo poo is the best. Black tea forever.

Put some milk in man

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Jimb posted:

gently caress all of you. Ketchup and mayonnaise.

On chips!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/296618/hazy-thought-why-is-it-called-an-anniversary-sale

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Swiss Cheese is scrub tier cheese and Ketchup is for literal children

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hodor.

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Who is he?

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.

jaegerx posted:

I put ketchup on hot dogs, pizza and tuna melt sandwiches.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I don't use ketchup for anything but steaks.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Kakarot posted:

Put some milk in man

I usually do.

Omi-Polari posted:

Coffee is better.

Coffee can be great. My problem with coffee is that for a casual user it can be too strong, and others can suffer from withdrawal side effects like lower heart rate.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

217 desired 'professions' found so far posted:

I've done a little search in the forum. My interest was to find out what roles forum users would like to see in SC.
Thats what i found - did I miss something (If yes I would like to add the missing to the SC role list)?

Basically, I think that with the number of professions and associated stories the depth of the game play increases. Separate game mechanics (dedicated for each profession) with a variety of tasks for many roles would be desirable. I personally don't think that one should be restricted to one profession. But if I want to go for research for a while for example, it would be great if there is some kind of 'research tasks in SC.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

hodor? a whale who dislikes CIG's decisions

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Whistleblower

lol

e: oh there are so many better ones

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Decrepus posted:

Whistleblower

lol

e: oh there are so many better ones
But not auditor.

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

xiansi posted:

No-one's mentioned Lapsang Souchong yet. This stuff is the best tea. It's...not subtle, and the main flavour is smoke, but loving smoked tea is amazing.
Sometimes I read this thread for laughs. I've never had the urge to post in it. UNTIL NOW.

This tea is so good. Seriously, everyone should try it at least once. Even if you think you don't like tea (I don't particularly), you gotta try this stuff.

I call it 'boot tea' because it tastes kind of like army-navy surplus boots smell. I make huge pots of it and drink them all myself because nobody else in my house likes boot tea.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Frontier Forums:

quote:

Yesterday 8:07 PM
MarktJones said

So while torturing a SC fan on Reddit I got told AC 2.0 will be released on the 19th and possibly more feature rich than Elite. I don't really think this is likely but was wondering, if it were released on the 19th what feature do you imagine would make you go all wobbly? I saw a vid of someone space walking. It was ok but all they did was turn on a button. If they had some Moonraker style spacewalk combat with ships also fighting in that area I'd be picking my jaw up.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I think im gonna go make myself some Earl Grey, add some milk (how i wish i had whole milk right now... 2% will have to do) and some suger. I make it by the 30 ounce glass, using a cold glass, so my almost-boiling water cools down faster and seems to prevent a lot of the tannin from ruining the flavor.

Although... anyone have experience with using cream instead of milk? i like the tea to be really creamy overall.

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch

Dusty Lens posted:

Congratulations on being freed.

what did you say to get your refund?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Ketchup users should be banned from the thread unless its whataburger spicy ketchup.

Heb will now ship it to you.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus posted:

Desired Star Citizen jobs

Why?
personal shopper
executive assistant/agent
space philosopher
risk assessment analyst

Why are these together?
arsonist or explosive engineer

Ironic
cult leader
money launderer

Of course
kidnapper
slaver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
No separate rapist profession?

What if I just want to rape someone without kidnapping or enslaving them?

• Locked thread