Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

jaegerx posted:

Ketchup users should be banned from the thread unless its whataburger spicy ketchup.

Heb will now ship it to you.

Ketchup is the greatest condiment. The flavor flows like a red torrent of deliciousness as it spreads its tomato-goodness all over your food. It adds flavor that accentuates the best of what your eating. You can use it on many many things. A good steak? Works here by bringing the flavor of that incredible beef out. French Fries? Amazing combination of slightly sweet and salty.

Hot dogs? Well.. people really shouldnt eat hot dogs at all. But if you have to, do it with Heinz Ketchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

If you put ketchup on a steak you deserve to be shot.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

The Saddest Robot posted:

No separate rapist profession?

What if I just want to rape someone without kidnapping or enslaving them?

Well it has to be a viable profession, now if someone was to pay you...

I really don't understand their obsession with slavery and rape, or their burning desire for it to be in a game.

1500 fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 18, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

grimcreaper posted:

Ketchup is the greatest condiment. The flavor flows like a red torrent of deliciousness as it spreads its tomato-goodness all over your food. It adds flavor that accentuates the best of what your eating. You can use it on many many things. A good steak? Works here by bringing the flavor of that incredible beef out. French Fries? Amazing combination of slightly sweet and salty.

Hot dogs? Well.. people really shouldnt eat hot dogs at all. But if you have to, do it with Heinz Ketchup.

grimcreap'd

I like ketchup with burgers and fries, though, unless I can get honey mustard or bbq sauce.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
When I get hungry for hot dogs, I try to dress them up a little bit.

Slightly toasted potato rolls, quality cheese (pepperjack or provolone), bacon, mustard, something just a little spicy (banana pepper rings, Texas Pete, sriracha). I also like to cook them on my Foreman grill so I get the nice marks.

A little bit of effort goes a long way toward deluding myself that I'm living a real life and I'm not going to die and have my cat eat my face before someone finds out I'm gone.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sillybones posted:

I don't use ketchup for anything but steaks.
I know this is a joke but I still think you should be banned for saying it.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Slap some Wagyu in the microwave then put some Heinz tomato sauce on it when it's brown all the way through

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

grimcreaper posted:

Mods come one. This is a crime against humanity

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

I know this is a joke but I still think you should be banned for saying it.

lol

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I am absolutely appalled at the lack of love for Ketchup. Must be nice to have your echochamber be a safe little hugbox.

I wonder how many of you ketchup haters are actually shitizens in disguise. How much money have you sunk into the game you pretend to hate?

Also, the sauces one can make with ketchup as a base... are incredible. But i wont share those recipes. Those must be found and made on your own.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Fried rice must be eaten with Ketchup.

Wait, its the other way round.. Mmm.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

no_recall posted:

Fried rice must be eaten with Ketchup.

Wait, its the other way round.. Mmm.

i have never actually tried that. i really do love ketchup... but that just doesnt sound appealing to me for some reason.

Also, ketchup on the best of steaks really is the way to go.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

grimcreaper posted:

And with pies too!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

this is the only thing I need

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

starkebn posted:

Slap some Wagyu in the microwave then put some Heinz tomato sauce on it when it's brown all the way through

I have such sights to show you

http://imgur.com/gallery/Tqvkv

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

grimcreaper posted:

i have never actually tried that. i really do love ketchup... but that just doesnt sound appealing to me for some reason.

Also, ketchup on the best of steaks really is the way to go.

Yeah it looks disgusting as hell, but it's glorious.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Bolow posted:

I have such sights to show you

http://imgur.com/gallery/Tqvkv

They loving ruin that by using mayo or ranch or whatever the hell that white sauce stuff is. That should be ketchup.

no_recall posted:

Yeah it looks disgusting as hell, but it's glorious.

Ill give it a shot next time i get fried rice. thanks for the tip! Always looking for more things Ketchup can enhance.

Kakarot posted:

And with pies too!

Lemon Meringue pie?

grimcreaper fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 18, 2015

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

ThePotatoMasher posted:

what did you say to get your refund?

Good afternoon.

I am requesting a full refund.

Thank you.

-----

Good afternoon.

I am confirming that I would like my account refunded and closed.

My decision is not motivated by any press or media communication but rather one of project scope. The game has grown beyond the scope of what was described when I first backed. The growth has almost entirely consisted of aspects brought up after the fact and, as a result, multiple delays that have pushed the expected delivery date far beyond what was originally promised.

I hope that this reasoning assists you with your record keeping and I thank you in advance for your timely response to this message.

You may issue the value of the pledges in my account care of paypal. If an alternative route of reimbursement is required I'll seek to accommodate.

Thank you.

Everything else I sent them was different variations of asking what was going on and so on and so forth.

The entire process took about a month. All in all it went much smoother for me than many of the people in here. Which I find rather surprising, all in all.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

starkebn posted:

Make sure it's a Wagyu burger!

Wagyu burgers are dumb, sure there's some taste difference, but the point of Wagyu is it's highly marbled in the loin area. Burger patties are made from trimmings and cheap primal cuts like chucks and blades where the marbling is minimal, but people argue they have a stronger "beefier" flavour. The majority of the fat in a burger patty is going to be from the outside fat cover and it isn't going to give that same creamy buttery texture a Wagyu steak has

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Rudager posted:

Make sure it's a Wagyu burger!

Wagyu burgers are dumb, sure there's some taste difference, but the point of Wagyu is it's highly marbled in the loin area. Burger patties are made from trimmings and cheap primal cuts like chucks and blades where the marbling is minimal, but people argue they have a stronger "beefier" flavour. The majority of the fat in a burger patty is going to be from the outside fat cover and it isn't going to give that same creamy buttery texture a Wagyu steak has

Wagyu sounds like a perfect combo when cooked up Well Done with ketchup on the side.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Mirificus posted:

Why?
personal shopper
executive assistant/agent
space philosopher
risk assessment analyst

Why are these together?
arsonist or explosive engineer

Ironic
cult leader
money launderer

Of course
kidnapper
slaver

wtf is a "space philosopher", and how does it differ from an earth philosopher?

- I think, therefore I am in space
- In creating the best of all possible worlds, some amount of evil is necessary in space
- The historical process depends on the organisation and consciousness of the working class in space

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

vinegar based hot sauces are piss

gently caress you

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
dsmart direct messaged me on twitter to tell me some secret stuff
guess you guys just arent privileged enough for the secret messages between me and dsmart

edit: nah, i'll share it with you guys, he messaged me this: https://soundcloud.com/keyboard-kid-side-stuff/pure-pure-intro?in=keyboard-kid-side-stuff/sets/pure-pure-ep

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Man Derek is like the red menace for these people.
Currently on Battlescape kickstarter:

All because Derek kind of looked at a project and said OK.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

grimcreaper posted:

Lemon Meringue pie?

LOL

I come from a land of meat pies, my friend.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheCoach posted:

Man Derek is like the red menace for these people.
Currently on Battlescape kickstarter:

All because Derek kind of looked at a project and said OK.

Derek should just start posting about a bunch of different kickstarters that look interesting so we can watch these idiots run around trying to keep up.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

jaegerx posted:

Ketchup users should be banned from the thread unless its whataburger spicy ketchup.

Heb will now ship it to you.

We used to have Whataburger in Central Florida, but not anymore. :saddowns: A buddy of mine who moved to Austin sent me a big bottle of Whataburger Spicy Ketchup for Christmas last year. It was not a gag gift.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SquirrelGrip posted:

wow the sc thread is full of happy gamers

That's no game, it's a debt star.

The post you quoted is about consumer rights, it's dry, it's boring and I've posted it a few times. Some probably otherwise bright people see game development companies as football teams. Logic goes out the window entirely and if you mention how company A hosed up one time in a conversation about company B, you get fan idiots of company A mad at you as if you'd besmirched their gaming e-honour.

It's really stupid and, it happens way too often. The particular guy I was talking to is really annoyed about people getting refunds for elite dangerous a full year ago, to such an extent that he was arguing with people on the elite dangerous forums that they weren't entitled to one. Fast forward a year and in October 2015 he's now happy to ask for a refund for Star Citizen for himself but still upset people refunded for elite dangerous. Doesn't make sense to me but then people are odd.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Chalks posted:

Derek should just start posting about a bunch of different kickstarters that look interesting so we can watch these idiots run around trying to keep up.

I think it's safe to say most of them didn't have much of a schedule to clear in order to spend all day chasing Derek Smart around.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I think it's safe to say most of them didn't have much of a schedule to clear in order to spend all day chasing Derek Smart around.

Fair point. Also they're probably not planning on backing any other kickstarter games anyway after having blown all of their disposable income on space farts.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
do you guys get Hela spicy ketchup in the states? it's awesome with turkey, fried chicken or fries

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

That's no game, it's a debt star.

:gary:

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Ketchup is the devil. It just straight up overwhelms everything with its vinegary sugariness.

I know someone who breads and fries fresh haddock, then coats it in ketchup. You can't see the drat fish under it. Then he adds more as he eats it. :argh:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

ShredsYouSay posted:

I know someone who breads and fries fresh haddock, then coats it in ketchup. You can't see the drat fish under it. Then he adds more as he eats it. :argh:

This sounds wonderful.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Why is this thread giving Derek Smart legitimate attention, this is an Honest Question

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Opal posted:

Why is this thread giving Derek Smart legitimate attention, this is an Honest Question

The same reason I am now answering you?

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Well that makes sense

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Opal posted:

Content creator.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
I like catsup on mac n cheese. Like half way through you try a few bites without catsup and its like lol nope back to the catsup version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ideate posted:

what the gently caress

ugh i'm such an idiot for funding this trainwreck

Holy :lol: that's a new low. I always thought working at CIG must suck but customer services sounds pretty great. You can just jerk people around all day and be rude as you like.

They could try good csm bad csm next.

• Locked thread