Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

do you guys get Hela spicy ketchup in the states? it's awesome with turkey, fried chicken or fries

I know that ketchup from my childhood it is delicious.
Now I have to eat biological etc. (woman, children tyranny on me) and lost my manhood also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Google Butt posted:

vinegar based hot sauces are piss

gently caress you

Vinegar based hot sauce separate pubes from men

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Rad Russian posted:

Very good point and why I stopped using PayPal for any purchases over $50. Unless you're using some sketchy debit card you want to protect behind PayPal, always pay directly with credit card. Always. Especially if you own some premium ones (AMEX, Chase Sapphire etc.) they pretty much have no questions asked instant chargeback to your account after which the vendor has to PROVE beyond all reasonable doubt that they delivered and to 100% of my satisfaction. I've never had a chargeback go back to vendor yet.

In fact CCs almost always override dumb "no returns" or "30 day return only" policies and make those invalid.

In the UK any purchase of £100 - £30,000 on a credit card falls under the 'Section 75' rules, which means the credit card company has the same responsibilities as the retailer if something goes wrong. It's very strong protection against shenanigans, and is a good reason why it's worth having a card for big purchases even if you don't need the line of credit.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Berious posted:

Holy :lol: that's a new low. I always thought working at CIG must suck but customer services sounds pretty great. You can just jerk people around all day and be rude as you like.

They could try good csm bad csm next.

Yeah, that's chargeback territory.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Berious posted:

Holy :lol: that's a new low. I always thought working at CIG must suck but customer services sounds pretty great. You can just jerk people around all day and be rude as you like.

They could try good csm bad csm next.

I bet Sandi has her period and to top it off she has not shaved for weeks

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Video trailer for a video stream talking about a rumoured pc game

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

In the UK any purchase of £100 - £30,000 on a credit card falls under the 'Section 75' rules, which means the credit card company has the same responsibilities as the retailer if something goes wrong. It's very strong protection against shenanigans, and is a good reason why it's worth having a card for big purchases even if you don't need the line of credit.

Yeah that's free and awesome protection, I just bought a new kitchen split over two credit cards instead of paying cash just to cover ourselves if the custom kitchen place goes bust before delivery. Paid the cards off already.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

EminusSleepus posted:

I bet Sandi has her period and to top it off she has not shaved for weeks

We all know that her not shaving could go horribly wrong.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Yeah, that's chargeback territory.

It's like someone there wants unsatisfied backers to start chargeback proceedings because then it saves them the legwork involved in getting the refund managed.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's like someone there wants unsatisfied backers to start chargeback proceedings because then it saves them the legwork involved in getting the refund managed.

Naa, it hits their credit rating pretty hard and from what people have said they're basically running their business on credit at the moment.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Orions Lord posted:

I know that ketchup from my childhood it is delicious.
Now I have to eat biological etc. (woman, children tyranny on me) and lost my manhood also.

Did they serve your manhood to you with organic ketchup though?

Also serious post time:
There really is one legit use of ketchup.

When you make your own tomato sauce from scratch, add splotch of ketchup. It will actually round it off quite well.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Clearing my diary for another goons trolling goons chat extravaganza just like Citizencon :dance:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

McGiggins posted:

Derek, If CIG gets away with this and just shutters up one day, slipping away one pubeless night, will you be on the look out for other such scams?

Will you be the game police?

"More like Duke Nukem Never" :dukedog:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Enchanted Hat posted:

wtf is a "space philosopher", and how does it differ from an earth philosopher?

- I think, therefore I am in space
- In creating the best of all possible worlds, some amount of evil is necessary in space
- The historical process depends on the organisation and consciousness of the working class in space

Space Philosopher tackles great topics relating to reality and existence such as: Is this space game real? If this space game is not real, are we real? If neither are real, was the money we contributed real? ... and so on and so forth.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

isildur posted:

Sometimes I read this thread for laughs. I've never had the urge to post in it. UNTIL NOW.

This tea is so good. Seriously, everyone should try it at least once. Even if you think you don't like tea (I don't particularly), you gotta try this stuff.

I call it 'boot tea' because it tastes kind of like army-navy surplus boots smell. I make huge pots of it and drink them all myself because nobody else in my house likes boot tea.

Thanks for sharing your fetish

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

TheCoach posted:

Man Derek is like the red menace for these people.
Currently on Battlescape kickstarter:

All because Derek kind of looked at a project and said OK.

I heard that Derek punched a coke machine because he was working for Pepsi. rip mountain dew drinkers.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

"...it appears a refund we issued failed to authorize correctly in our systems, it may have been an issue with PayPal or the age of the pledge itself."

I don't know what to say.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

OhDearGodNo posted:

"...it appears a refund we issued failed to authorize correctly in our systems, it may have been an issue with PayPal or the age of the pledge itself."

"I see, well I suppose I'll look into the chargeback method of getting it issued and maybe we'll have more success that way."

...and enjoy their hasty replies...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Half refunds now, a quarter by years end, none by February and missed payrolls start on march.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand why these devs actually adress Wulf and his cronies beyond: "Please keep any and all Star Citzien discussions and drama out of our projects."

Actually I would probably boot him from my list of backers instead, seeing how Wulf starts shitfights wherever he goes. Over a stupid video game of all things...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Hopper posted:

I don't understand why these devs actually adress Wulf and his cronies beyond: "Please keep any and all Star Citzien discussions and drama out of our projects."

Actually I would probably boot him from my list of backers instead, seeing how Wulf starts shitfights wherever he goes. Over a stupid video game of all things...

lol

I thought these SC backers put so much money into SC so they'd never have to buy/play another game again.
Why are they buying another game (and another space game at that)?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CrazyLoon posted:

"I see, well I suppose I'll look into the chargeback method of getting it issued and maybe we'll have more success that way."

...and enjoy their hasty replies...

Seriously.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
Ketchup? You want ketchup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axDtj2bSduM

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

lol

I thought these SC backers put so much money into SC so they'd never have to buy/play another game again.
Why are they buying another game (and another space game at that)?

gently caress logic

-- Spock

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

BMan posted:

I'm Wulf Knight, long time Star Citizen advocate and investor.
Today I'm at the CIG world headquarters in Los Angeles, California.
I had a nice chat with CIG Chairman, Chris Roberts, about their current situation.
He showed me multiple bank statements, as well as letters from banks and lawyers.
I'm sure that all the current refund problems at CIG are being caused by the traditional banking system, not because of a lack of liquidity at CIG.
The traditional banking partners that CIG needs to work with are not able to keep up with the demands of the growing refund requests.
The dozens of people that make up the CIG team are hard at work establishing additional banking partners, that eventually will make dealing with CIG easier for all their customers around the world. For now, I hope that everyone will continue working on Star Citizen projects that will help make the world a better place.

I, The Corporation Alan SMithee do renounce my Earth Citizenship, being of sound mind...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

Pre-alpha refund system, early days.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Why did Sandi sing Horst Wessel Lied? In what context did that happen? Was she auditioning for a part in Wolfenstein?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Epic

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
They should ask Kickstarter to ban this guy for causing trouble.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
We'd love to refund you but the refund guy broke his rectum in a dragon dildo accident and is off for the next two weeks

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

I know it's not unique to them, but I love how whenever someone has some vaguely negative thing to say about SC and the community you get a few of the weirdos coming in to the twitter feed or comments sections trying to 'educate' everyone on how wrong the person making the statements are, but do it in such an overbearing and condescending way that it's completely unhelpful to their message.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

We'd love to refund you but the refund guy broke his rectum in a dragon dildo accident and is off for the next two weeks

I would guess that a Venn diagram of Bad Dragon customers and hard core SC fans would overlap quite a bit.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

I am free..

:boom:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

LCL-Dead posted:

I am free..

:boom:

Congrats. Did you threaten a chargeback in the end? How long did this take you since you first requested one?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Congrats. Did you threaten a chargeback in the end? How long did this take you since you first requested one?

Original request was sent on September 25th. I received that payment late last night and missed it because I hadn't been paying attention to my email.

Final confirmation from CIG for refund was sent on Monday, I believe, where they informed me it could be 5-10 days. Nice to see that they did it in two.

Fake edit: Didn't have to threaten a chargeback but did have to argue with Patrick about account math since CIG initially told me I didn't rate a refund.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

Original request was sent on September 25th. I received that payment late last night and missed it because I hadn't been paying attention to my email.

Final confirmation from CIG for refund was sent on Monday, I believe, where they informed me it could be 5-10 days. Nice to see that they did it in two.

Fake edit: Didn't have to threaten a chargeback but did have to argue with Patrick about account math since CIG initially told me I didn't rate a refund.

You did well, congratulations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I hear that Derek Smart uses breathing. SC true believers should back off of that, too.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Ketchup is cool and good. The best ketchup is Muir Glen. Wegman's store brand is a close second and much cheaper. Heinz and the other major brands are trash.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Since you guys are sauce experts:

In the early 2000s I had a few bottles of what was labeled "Japanese Steak Sauce". It was sold by Heinens which is a small cleveland grocery chain which often has interesting international foods.

It was a dark brown/black thick almost glaze-like in consistency and could be used for marinade or a direct sauce. It had quite a bit of heat and tang. I've never found its equivalent. Any ideas?

I've searched on amazon and such but it is not any of the generic "steakhouse sauces" which seem to dominate the search results when I look for it. It's definitely not "yum yum sauce".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If you can;t do VR in Cryengine then what's this about Chris you lying BASTARD

http://store.steampowered.com/app/412940/

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Locked thread