Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

If you can;t do VR in Cryengine then what's this about Chris you lying BASTARD

http://store.steampowered.com/app/412940/

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

it is not CryEngine anymore with all the frankenstein hocus pocus they did to the engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EminusSleepus posted:

it is not CryEngine anymore with all the frankenstein hocus pocus they did to the engine.

well they are assholes

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

AP posted:

That's no game, it's a debt star.

The post you quoted is about consumer rights, it's dry, it's boring and I've posted it a few times. Some probably otherwise bright people see game development companies as football teams. Logic goes out the window entirely and if you mention how company A hosed up one time in a conversation about company B, you get fan idiots of company A mad at you as if you'd besmirched their gaming e-honour.

It's really stupid and, it happens way too often. The particular guy I was talking to is really annoyed about people getting refunds for elite dangerous a full year ago, to such an extent that he was arguing with people on the elite dangerous forums that they weren't entitled to one. Fast forward a year and in October 2015 he's now happy to ask for a refund for Star Citizen for himself but still upset people refunded for elite dangerous. Doesn't make sense to me but then people are odd.

You really can't stop with the BS can you. I mean really how pathetic can you get, if your argument is so week, and you are so butthurt about FD, that you have to resort to this poo poo why are you even posting? You have been crying about refunds for pages now, I mean really, do we need to get the doll were FD touched you, would that help move on? Has no one validated your feelings, said poor boy to you, perhaps you need a hug?

its sad really don't know what a lie is, and you think everyone is protected by the same laws. Two things that I would expect an education system to teach, but there are always the few that fall through, and are unable to learn anything. I am sorry an education system failed you, or you failed it.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

1500 posted:

You really can't stop with the BS can you. I mean really how pathetic can you get, if your argument is so week, and you are so butthurt about FD, that you have to resort to this poo poo why are you even posting? You have been crying about refunds for pages now, I mean really, do we need to get the doll were FD touched you, would that help move on? Has no one validated your feelings, said poor boy to you, perhaps you need a hug?

its sad really don't know what a lie is, and you think everyone is protected by the same laws. Two things that I would expect an education system to teach, but there are always the few that fall through, and are unable to learn anything. I am sorry an education system failed you, or you failed it.

If this is a Seraph impersonation it's a pretty weak one.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

1500 posted:

:captainpop:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

hanales posted:

Since you guys are sauce experts:

In the early 2000s I had a few bottles of what was labeled "Japanese Steak Sauce". It was sold by Heinens which is a small cleveland grocery chain which often has interesting international foods.

Heat and tang? That'd be unusual. Was the heat a chile-based heat, or was it more ginger/horseradish-based burn? The thing that comes to mind is Bulldog sauce, but that has no burn at all, just tang and consistency.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
So 10 business days have passed since my refund was supposed to be ~~~actioned~~~. I sent a WTFgram to CIG and they said, :byodame:"Well, it may take up to 30 days since ooga booga ooga booga finance is hard and it's beyond the grace period.":byodame:

Does anyone have a link to CIG's original timeline so I can use with a chargeback with my cc company? I have my receipts from my two purchases.

edit: 5 minutes talking to one CC company and the credit has already hit my account. GJ USAA.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 18, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

1500 posted:

Have you ever considered that everything is OK?
I mean, it really is.
Think about nature, what wonders there are, even a lowly frog going about its day is a marvellous thing if you stop and think.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

That's no game, it's a debt star.

The post you quoted is about consumer rights, it's dry, it's boring and I've posted it a few times. Some probably otherwise bright people see game development companies as football teams. Logic goes out the window entirely and if you mention how company A hosed up one time in a conversation about company B, you get fan idiots of company A mad at you as if you'd besmirched their gaming e-honour.

It's really stupid and, it happens way too often. The particular guy I was talking to is really annoyed about people getting refunds for elite dangerous a full year ago, to such an extent that he was arguing with people on the elite dangerous forums that they weren't entitled to one. Fast forward a year and in October 2015 he's now happy to ask for a refund for Star Citizen for himself but still upset people refunded for elite dangerous. Doesn't make sense to me but then people are odd.

WHY I OUGHTTA :argh:

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

1500 posted:

Some angry nerd poo poo

That escalated quickly.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

1500 posted:

Well thank god you're at least crashing and burning for a game that actually has spaceships in it.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

hanales posted:

In the early 2000s I had a few bottles of what was labeled "Japanese Steak Sauce". It was sold by Heinens which is a small cleveland grocery chain which often has interesting international foods.

It was a dark brown/black thick almost glaze-like in consistency and could be used for marinade or a direct sauce. It had quite a bit of heat and tang. I've never found its equivalent. Any ideas?

I've searched on amazon and such but it is not any of the generic "steakhouse sauces" which seem to dominate the search results when I look for it. It's definitely not "yum yum sauce".

It sounds like it might be Tonkatsu Sauce, or at least a sauce which is inspired by it. That's brown, thick and tangy and you put it on fried meat things.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

1500 posted:

Are you ok buddy? Do you wanna talk about it?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Meltdowns from unexpected angles ITT.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Justin Tyme posted:

Speaking of, I have been getting Chase Sapphire Preferred poo poo in the mail lately, is it really worth switching to a card with annual fees? They never mentioned easy chargebacks in the brochure and I don't travel often enough to make use of the rewards since I just use my credit card for gas.

Couple pages back, but CSP is an excellent card. They have a great rewards program and it's no-nonsense unlike AMEX's garbage program. With chase points == money directly and you can debit the cash directly back to checking or as a statement credit. No buying bullshit gift cards for partial amounts and varying point values. $10 = 1,000 points.

With the annual fee though, in order to break even you need to accrue enough points each month to make the card worth more than other non-fee cards that also have points. If you're putting through at least 2-3k a month on the card then most likely it's worth it. Also their customer service is amazing. Call the number on the back and a person picks right up.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

1500 posted:

nice meltdown

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

So 10 business days have passed since my refund was supposed to be ~~~actioned~~~. I sent a WTFgram to CIG and they said, :byodame:"Well, it may take up to 30 days since ooga booga ooga booga finance is hard and it's beyond the grace period.":byodame:

Does anyone have a link to CIG's original timeline so I can use with a chargeback with my cc company? I have my receipts from my two purchases.

Odd.. It took them 2 days to action mine and deposit it within paypal.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The amount of goons being pushed around by Star Citizep customer service makes me lol in real life and in china.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I know it's not unique to them, but I love how whenever someone has some vaguely negative thing to say about SC and the community you get a few of the weirdos coming in to the twitter feed or comments sections trying to 'educate' everyone on how wrong the person making the statements are, but do it in such an overbearing and condescending way that it's completely unhelpful to their message.

all I did was point out on a status that it was lovely of RSI to charge people money to receive development information first

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

hanales posted:

It was a dark brown/black thick almost glaze-like in consistency and could be used for marinade or a direct sauce. It had quite a bit of heat and tang. I've never found its equivalent. Any ideas?

I've searched on amazon and such but it is not any of the generic "steakhouse sauces" which seem to dominate the search results when I look for it. It's definitely not "yum yum sauce".

Sounds like yakiniku sauce. Some sources:

Recipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA91y6OY1bY

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well if Im going to die in a hill as a videogame white knight I rather do it for a game that actually exist, even if the game sort of sucks and I have to bend over backwards over the cognitive dissonance I create defending one while attacking the other.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I am drinking PG Tips right now. gently caress that "no true Brit" nonsense. We get it, you're an Anglophile, but you'll never be one of us Derek.

Nov 3, 2015

ya fair enough, bad morning so his ignorant bs got to me.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Thirsty Dog posted:

I am drinking PG Tips right now. gently caress that "no true Brit" nonsense. We get it, you're an Anglophile, but you'll never be one of us Derek.

Post of the week.

LCL-Dead posted:

Odd.. It took them 2 days to action mine and deposit it within paypal.

Yeah, that is odd.

Also, it's funny that my free cc through USAA sent me the credit on my CIG purchase in 5 minutes. My annual fee cc through Chase is giving me a lot more pushback.

edit: Chase came around.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 18, 2015

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Decrepus posted:

The amount of goons being pushed around by Star Citizep customer service makes me lol in real life and in china.

Careful there, mirth could be construed as a threat against Star Citizen Customer Service Staff Members.

Hezzy posted:

all I did was point out on a status that it was lovely of RSI to charge people money to receive development information first

And that was in January two years ago. I think I've seen the name "John Shepherd" still floating around the craposphere recently dispensing condescension whilst pretending to be a harbinger of TRUE RSI FACTS, unless I'm mistaken.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well if Im going to die in a hill as a videogame white knight I rather do it for a game that actually exist, even if the game sort of sucks and I have to bend over backwards over the cognitive dissonance I create defending one while attacking the other.

I think at some point we're going to have to accept that the supernatural can occur and that some people have long ago died on their own personal hill but their insufferable spirit lingers on.

1500 posted:

ya fair enough, bad morning so his ignorant bs got to me.

Maybe with your background in control systems you could work on some self control.

Nov 3, 2015

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Maybe with your background in control systems you could work on some self control.

:golfclap:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

RedTonic posted:

Heat and tang? That'd be unusual. Was the heat a chile-based heat, or was it more ginger/horseradish-based burn? The thing that comes to mind is Bulldog sauce, but that has no burn at all, just tang and consistency.

I was younger and not as well versed, but I believe it was horseradishy.

Gerblyn posted:

It sounds like it might be Tonkatsu Sauce, or at least a sauce which is inspired by it. That's brown, thick and tangy and you put it on fried meat things.

Opal posted:

Sounds like yakiniku sauce. Some sources:

Recipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA91y6OY1bY

I will give both of these a shot gentlemen, thank you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

starkebn posted:

Slap some Wagyu in the microwave then put some Heinz tomato sauce on it when it's brown all the way through

my favorite thing about microwaved steak is how the outside gets nice and tough and the inside remains completely raw

its a nice textural difference in my meal

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ShredsYouSay posted:

Ketchup is the devil. It just straight up overwhelms everything with its vinegary sugariness.

I know someone who breads and fries fresh haddock, then coats it in ketchup. You can't see the drat fish under it. Then he adds more as he eats it. :argh:

This man is one who knows how to get the most out of food. Ketchup is great and all who hate it are truly the shitizens of the culinary world.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Thirsty Dog posted:

Why is no one talking about Stash English Breakfast?

English Breakfast will never be as good as Irish Breakfast, but it's nothing to sneeze at.

Nov 3, 2015

Are you trying to make a point?

Some context is perhaps in order.

Your second image, is my response to someone that claimed that FD changed their refund policy right before the news that ED would not have an offline mode, in order to deny people a refund. FD had not changed their refund by that point. They did in fact change their policy in response to the backers (but my post was not about that), which despite what you think, does not mean they are lying.

I backed SC back before it hit 10 million, about 2.5 years ago, at that point what CR claimed they were making seemed possible, as time went on well....
Before DS (thanks DS), CIG did not give refunds, so I could not ask for my money back, now that they kind of are, I am.

1500 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 18, 2015

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
This page gets 1 star

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I have no problem with ketchup itself.

But when you put it on a hot dog? You could say you're a kiddie diddler and you wouldn't disgust me more! :colbert:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sillybones posted:

I don't use ketchup for anything but steaks.

...in fancy restaurants.

Hotdogs need chili and cheese.

1500 posted:

Are you trying to make a point?

The horse is dead. Leave it alone.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Thirsty Dog posted:

And thats a bad thing why? Remember: Britain lost a war, while it was the greatest power in the world, to a bunch of farmers.

Dsmart is 'Murican.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

1500 posted:

some people are really mad about ketchup :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
ketchup

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

I have no problem with ketchup itself.

But when you put it on a hot dog? You could say you're a kiddie diddler and you wouldn't disgust me more! :colbert:

Well then, have i got some news for you. No, im not a kiddie diddler. BUT! Ketchup also gos great with Vienna Sausages. and Tuna. And... and... Ketchup is just great, k? Hotdogs are awful and shouldnt be considered human food. Ketchup makes it palatable. slightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I like how these two have this nice little microcosm going, where nothing else can intrude :shobon:. Its like talking about ketchup, only less yummy and more butthurt.

• Locked thread