Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
For the Halloween face paints, it looks like if you ever bought one, it stays unlocked, similar to clothing. This is not to be confused with if you bought one - and still have it on. I have 2 of the Halloween face paints available at the barber (:confused:), not counting the one I'm already using. Might be worth noting for future events. This is the opposite of the Independence Day mullet, which goes away once you change hairstyles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Hobo Clown posted:

Anyone ever had their Daily Objective progress reset? I was about five days away from getting the month bonus and now it says I'm back to Day 1. I definitely didn't skip a day.

I ended up losing my progress because the Daily Objectives updated an hour earlier than I expected. The daily rollover isn't adjusted for daylight savings time.

On the plus side, the objectives list is much easier since the Lowriders update. I haven't had tennis or impromptu races come up at all since then.

^^^^^^^ I think they fixed the mullet disappearing a while back, because I can still select it as a hairstyle.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 17, 2015

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Aardmania posted:

^^^^^^^ I think they fixed the mullet disappearing a while back, because I can still select it as a hairstyle.

What about horns, can you buy a halloween horn for any car if you had bought the halloween horn for another car before the 16th?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Tai posted:

So I finally got around to buying this game but having some pretty odd stuttering issues which seems to be a CPU loads issue according to google.

Tried a .bat fix to lower the load.
V-sync on
Everything minimum
Triple buffering enabled in the nvidia control panel (this actually lowered the stuttering some what)

Anything else I could try? PC specs run it fine.

whats the minimum and maximum framerate you get when running the benchmark?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

UserErr0r posted:

What about horns, can you buy a halloween horn for any car if you had bought the halloween horn for another car before the 16th?

I just did a test. On a character slot where I had bought the Halloween cars but did not buy the horns, I couldn't buy the horns on any car, including the Halloween cars. On a character where I did buy the horns, I do have the option to add those horns to any car.
I think the bobbleheads work the same way, where any purchased ones can be added to cars that allow them.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Jose Mengelez posted:

whats the minimum and maximum framerate you get when running the benchmark?

45-60 with 45 being a high speed car chase.

It drops down to around 5-10 for a max of seconds then goes back up to normal. Very occasionally it briefly 'pauses'. This is like .1 second and it's rare. During the fps drop, the sound also goes to poo poo and stutters like a CD that is dirty while playing. 99% of the time, the stuttering happens during car chases and explosions.

CPU load during all of this is 100%.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Aardmania posted:

I just did a test. On a character slot where I had bought the Halloween cars but did not buy the horns, I couldn't buy the horns on any car, including the Halloween cars. On a character where I did buy the horns, I do have the option to add those horns to any car.
I think the bobbleheads work the same way, where any purchased ones can be added to cars that allow them.

Crap, I knew I should have grabbed that Wolfman bobblehead.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Aardmania posted:

Saw this myself. I would've cared a bit more to buy everything with my "evil hacker money" if this happened in like April-July, when we actually played frequently (on PC).

SA cap is okay. It's a bit too late for us to put together SA gang member outfits while destroying pubbies. (assuming this is today's special hat)

I took a dump on several people's graves

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

UserErr0r posted:

:lol:

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

gently caress, I need a better PC, was playing today and went up to that woodmill area with all the trees? Even with all settings on low in a 800x600 window, my client just slowly ground to a halt, hitting a low of 4 FPS before crashing. At least it made me appreciate my standard 15/20/30 (depending on location) FPS a bit more.

e:

UserErr0r posted:

That's hilarious.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Okay so with the benefit of some good heists and 35 copies of the same unupgraded low-rider I have clawed myself up to just under 3mil.

I have a high-rise apartment and 3 10-car garages. I have plenty of outfits for my violent man-Barbie.

Carwise I've got the all-mighty Kuruma (Armoured), I've got the Elegy RH8, I've got the Carbonizzare for driving around like a moron. I've got the two Halloween exclusive cars too, I've got a Sultan too since I have heard it is a goon favourtie. I've got a Panto too which is my favourite car to drive. I have a few other Ocelot cars so I can pretend I can drive a Jaguar.

I was thinking, is it really worth upgrading to the T20 when it is so expensive? I don't do any racing, and looking at the stats the different in quickness seems quite negligible.

I was thinking of maybe saving up for the Hydra so I can have some fun in freemode instead?

Is there anything I am missing out on vehicle wise? Should I just be trying to take advantage of the 25% off lowriders this week?

What would you goons do (assuming you weren't all sitting on piles of hacker cash and solid gold planes)?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Alan BStard posted:

Okay so with the benefit of some good heists and 35 copies of the same unupgraded low-rider I have clawed myself up to just under 3mil.

I have a high-rise apartment and 3 10-car garages. I have plenty of outfits for my violent man-Barbie.

Carwise I've got the all-mighty Kuruma (Armoured), I've got the Elegy RH8, I've got the Carbonizzare for driving around like a moron. I've got the two Halloween exclusive cars too, I've got a Sultan too since I have heard it is a goon favourtie. I've got a Panto too which is my favourite car to drive. I have a few other Ocelot cars so I can pretend I can drive a Jaguar.

I was thinking, is it really worth upgrading to the T20 when it is so expensive? I don't do any racing, and looking at the stats the different in quickness seems quite negligible.

I was thinking of maybe saving up for the Hydra so I can have some fun in freemode instead?

Is there anything I am missing out on vehicle wise? Should I just be trying to take advantage of the 25% off lowriders this week?

What would you goons do (assuming you weren't all sitting on piles of hacker cash and solid gold planes)?

Lowrider wise, I got the Moonbeam partially because it looks ace and partially for having the big guns out the side doors, it's quite useful for missions, but if you already have a Kuruma, then just get whatever lowrider you like the look of best. Other than a SandkingXL/Dubsta 6x6/Vapid Guardian/Insurgent/some other big monstrosity, you seem to have it covered. Perhaps get a Faggio.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
BMX and/or the racing bike. Bicycles are pretty fun for exploring tighter areas and you can shoot the sawed-off shotgun from them.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Thanks for the suggestions guys, when I've spoken to people they have said bikes they have bought have just sat around for ages unused. I've bought a motorcycle too for daily wheelie challenges and stuff.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Yeah, well, you need to actually use them, then, that's how you solve that problem, sheesh.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

mutata posted:

Yeah, well, you need to actually use them, then, that's how you solve that problem, sheesh.

Haha that is a fair point. They are quite cheap too so I'm more than happy to ride around reliving the Grove Street glory days.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Basically all you really need if you're not interested in racing is a supercar, the Kuruma, a fast bike, and something to offroad in. Everything else is fluff.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A cheap, easy to replace, and fun sports car is a pretty valuable tool sometimes. Go hang around the prison parking lot and hop sessions until you find a Sultan, then spend the cash to upgrade it to the Sultan RS. It's a fast, fun, sporty car with great handling, a neat look, and has a dirt cheap insurance cost.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
I got the Benefactor Schwartzer, a sports class 2-door coupe, back in summer and it turned out to be a great ride.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Alan BStard posted:

the Carbonizzare is fast as hell if you can control it (sounds like you can) so ...get the T20 if you have the money and want something that's a little faster and cool and poo poo, but it's not going to be an "effective" use of GTA$.

then again back when this game launched I had a carbonizzare first, upgraded to an Adder second (I still prefer it over the Entity XF, I know) and I got like 5% extra performance for 5000% the price. I still have it, lurking in my garage. I want to hang a sign on it, "sell in case of emergency" because that's what it is.

but really it's all about the Massacro for me. Just ... good.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The T20 is glorious, but if you have something else that does the job, I'd grab some cheaper but more distinctive cars to potter around in during freemode (or for the long drive on missions). There are some great classic cars and you rarely see them on missions, even when you don't need a fast armoured vehicle, so give them a decent paint job and take them for a spin with other players.

Your other option is to buy doofy poo poo like the dump truck, which is astonishingly huge, or maybe an attack helicopter.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 19, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The Voltic is pretty fun with it's instant torque.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
My necessity is that it's fun to drive and look at in first person mode. That usually means most classic sports convertibles. The exception is the Dukes because that just *sounds* fun to drive in first person.

I need another gta night soon to wash the fallout thread's stench off of me. I've spent too much time reading the two threads the last few days where there isn't a single reasonable person or good post to be found.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

When I got a couple million I bought the Savage heli. It has no delay on missile firing and an explosive round firing cannon. Even simple jobs are fun to just hover around raining death from the skies.

It's pretty quick, too. I've been enjoying it lots!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Alan BStard posted:

At the moment, take advantage on the 25% off sale for lowriders. If this was last week, I'd say get the limited edition cars.

The T20 is only good for racing and only if you're racing without catchup and slipstream off. Otherwise, all the cars in each class end up much the same. If you have a significant lead, you hear your engine lower its RPM and allow others to catch you. If you're twisting and turning through the streets of Los Santos a solid driver in a Sultan will be able to give you hell if you can't control your car. If you're just looking for top line speed down the highway to evade your pursuers in free roam, then the T20 will stand out.

The Hydra is great because you can call it repeatedly when you need it. While not as fast as the Lazer, it's drat well effective.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
THE OSIRIS AND THE T20 HAVE THE SAME STATS IN THE GAME FILE

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Top Hats Monthly posted:

THE T20 HAS AN AUTOMATIC SPOILER / DRAG WING IT IS THE BEST

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Tai posted:

45-60 with 45 being a high speed car chase.

It drops down to around 5-10 for a max of seconds then goes back up to normal. Very occasionally it briefly 'pauses'. This is like .1 second and it's rare. During the fps drop, the sound also goes to poo poo and stutters like a CD that is dirty while playing. 99% of the time, the stuttering happens during car chases and explosions.

CPU load during all of this is 100%.

do you have self radio set to autoscan?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Sounds like a CPU bottleneck. The city stuff is way more cpu intensive than the desert or flying around is.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Jose Mengelez posted:

do you have self radio set to autoscan?

Nope, it's off. Turned it off from a random comment I found on google.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

mutata posted:

Sounds like a CPU bottleneck. The city stuff is way more cpu intensive than the desert or flying around is.

Not sure. I have an i5 but it seems from various google searches that the 100% load shouldn't be happening. There's quite a lot of people in various threads with high end rigs with 100% load but there doesn't seem to be a universal solution. Some people found triple buffering works, others found the .bat file works etc etc. Sadly, none have worked for me so far.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Top Hats Monthly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfFFiqZ8ZdE

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Spent some time in the editor last night for the first time and had a decent amount of fun with it. When it was done I hit export, and it said it exported, but then where does it go? My social club page shows zero videos. It also shows zero photos, which isn't right. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hobo Clown posted:

Spent some time in the editor last night for the first time and had a decent amount of fun with it. When it was done I hit export, and it said it exported, but then where does it go? My social club page shows zero videos. It also shows zero photos, which isn't right. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

Maybe it exported somewhere on your PC? Or if console check in "my videos."

Alternatively make sure your gamer tag poo poo is linked to your social club

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Boy, I just got properly stuck on the Humane finale. I mean completely stuck - the cutscene in the lab didn't trigger, so after five minutes we tried walking into the elevator, and that's where our mission ended - nothing triggered, no buttons worked except Social Club and chat, and even after the mission ended we were still stuck in the elevator. Alt+F4 did work, and that's how my game ended. :(

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Soulex posted:

Maybe it exported somewhere on your PC? Or if console check in "my videos."

Alternatively make sure your gamer tag poo poo is linked to your social club

It's PS4, I'll check the videos thing when I get home. The social club thing is weird, it has all my stats/missions/completion % and everything, but none of my Snapmatic or trophy information. :shrug:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Boy, I just got properly stuck on the Humane finale. I mean completely stuck - the cutscene in the lab didn't trigger, so after five minutes we tried walking into the elevator, and that's where our mission ended - nothing triggered, no buttons worked except Social Club and chat, and even after the mission ended we were still stuck in the elevator. Alt+F4 did work, and that's how my game ended. :(

When that starts happening to me, restarting my PC is the only way to fix it.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

The T20 is a lot of fun, but when you eventually sink it in the golf course water trap they charge you 30k to drive it again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cheap Shot posted:

The T20 is a lot of fun, but when you eventually sink it in the golf course water trap they charge you 30k to drive it again.

I like to wedge it into the ramp at LSC at northern Los Santos and watch people spend 30 grand to not be slightly inconvenienced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cheap Shot posted:

Hovercrafts and submersible cars please R*, plus a hovercraft/submersible add-on for all existing cars, to be rolled out two cars at a time at 500k a pop.

Combine it with lowriders too; I want to bounce my lowrider across the lakes and rivers forever.

• Locked thread