Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzAZUYmrLrU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

This reminds me of how the best part of Rocky Balboa was the antagonist's name - Mason "The Line" Dixon.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gods of Egypt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0VDveYwbuU

Looks fun but Clash of the Titans still had the better musically synced trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRqk7yESnw

(Seriously, this trailer owned and the movie had no right to have a trailer this good)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRqk7yESnw

(Seriously, this trailer owned and the movie had no right to have a trailer this good)

Agree, but that trailer always made me laugh as it appears Perseus knocks the massive statue of his godly father into the sea but is so mad he can't help but dive in after to keep punching it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Blech, on so very many levels. If it's your thing, go for it, but it sure isn't my thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The CG in Gods of Egypt is just so bad. The anthropomorphic god armour scenes looks like something out of an old Lara Croft game.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

What an odd-looking movie. This is how Hollywood is choosing to take advantage of Coster-Waldau?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Looks fun but Clash of the Titans still had the better musically synced trailer

Man, remember how Nicholas Hoult, Mads Mikkelsen and an almost-completely cut Danny Huston were in this film? Such a stacked cast for such a disappointing movie.

(I didn't mind Wrath though)

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
I wonder if we're ever going to get a movie about ancient Egypt where the Egyptians aren't hilariously white.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

ProfessorProf posted:

I wonder if we're ever going to get a movie about ancient Egypt where the Egyptians aren't hilariously white.
This one even has British accents

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It looks like goofy poo poo. I chuckled at "Run?" "We mortals do it all the time!" though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The CG looks somewhat dated. I was actually expecting the Scorpion King from Mummy 2 to show up somewhere in that trailer. Speaking of Scorpion King, I figure that movie is probably more accurate and such than this.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

That looks like a movie adaptation for a videogame that was never made. It's nice to see that in 2015 we still have to have white actors plastered over anything related to ancient egypt.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mariah Carey's directorial debut!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J8lcS2TFbw

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I would think she of all people would adhere to never filming herself standing.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The CG in Gods of Egypt is just so bad. The anthropomorphic god armour scenes looks like something out of an old Lara Croft game.

I don't know if it looks so bad as much as there is just so much of it. I don't think I saw a single shot that didn't look like it was filmed without 99% green screen and it really makes the one real thing on screen (the actors) just stand out horribly. It's just so pathetically obvious the actors are just standing on a platform somewhere green instead of actually being in a place.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blue Steel yourself for the trailer with this teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PT-g3no5Q8

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Madkal posted:

The CG looks somewhat dated. I was actually expecting the Scorpion King from Mummy 2 to show up somewhere in that trailer. Speaking of Scorpion King, I figure that movie is probably more accurate and such than this.

The Scorpion King movie is pretty sweet, except for the weird editing of the final arrow shot.

Anyway, cheap CG is the future since cg companies are outsourced every couple years.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

What happened to Lacey Chabert, anyway? I think I haven't seen her since Mean Girls.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

effectual posted:

Anyway, cheap CG is the future since cg companies are outsourced every couple years.

And the past, for anyone who's watched movies ever.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Zoolander 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CL4LNWHegk

edit: Hard to tell from the trailer. I actually didn't like the first one at first and then grew to love it. I can kinda see the same happening here.

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 18, 2015

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Didn't really look forward to it (despite loving the first one) but was hooked at "Lamé :confused:". Maybe it'll be good?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Looks like Anchorman 2 in that it rehashes every joke from the first one.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dunno, a lot of the jokes seem to come from things set up in the first film. Which I'm cool with.

I laughed pretty hard though. Zoolander is one of my favorite comedies. It's so relentlessly stupid in the best way.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Stop making sequels 20 years later for every cult classic one hit wonder.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Since they make a big deal in the trailer about Zoolander not being able to do Magnum anymore, that pretty much guarantees the film will end with him busting out Magnum to save the day. Again.

Also maybe it's just the trailer editing but there was a lot of stuff like, 'remember when Mugatu spat latte on his assistant's face? Well what if he did it...again'

e: Just realized why I was reminded so strongly of Anchorman 2, that had a 'mispronouncing 'lame'' joke in it too.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 18, 2015

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to assume Ben Stiller is better than that. His directed films are always more interesting than any of his vehicles.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I hope this gets into theatres in Malaysia after the first got banned for having a plot on foiling the assassination of the Malaysian president

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W65ndip7MM

The Huntsman trailer. Looks tired and the action feels really clumsy or something. At least the Gods of Egypt looks so stupid and bad it might be entertaining, this is just one of those forced into existence, way too serious and gritty "re-imaginings" that need to die already. At least the first one looked good at times.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I don't know, that looks better than 90% of the CGI-stuffed garbage fantasy out there. At least the tone seemed interesting and it's not incredibly busy visually. I mean, I'm still not going to see it (unless it hits Netflix and got good reviews) but at least it didn't actively repulse me like the Oz the Great and Powerful or Maleficent trailers.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

When did Lana Del Ray type music become the default for high fantasy action movie trailers?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Conal Cochran posted:

When did Lana Del Ray type music become the default for high fantasy action movie trailers?

When the female YA audience became a key demographic.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

BonoMan posted:

Zoolander 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CL4LNWHegk

edit: Hard to tell from the trailer. I actually didn't like the first one at first and then grew to love it. I can kinda see the same happening here.

I liked twoolander and la-me, other than that, eh.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Kush posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W65ndip7MM

The Huntsman trailer. Looks tired and the action feels really clumsy or something. At least the Gods of Egypt looks so stupid and bad it might be entertaining, this is just one of those forced into existence, way too serious and gritty "re-imaginings" that need to die already. At least the first one looked good at times.

How does this have the best looking CGI of all the fantasy movies coming out next year. It looks photorealisic compared to God of Egypt of Wow

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Mannn, I hope the recycled gags from Zoolander are put in this trailer on purpose. I'm happy to see Will Ferrel back, but not if we're just going to have another center for ants, runway duel and gasoline shower.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I wish they had kept Mugatu as a really really ridiculously buff dude and had an arc about how fashion is just trash covering the true beauty of the human muscles.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I feel like trailers will never be able to convey whether that movie will be good or not. Zoolander was about the whole experience of just wall to wall idiocy, and if a trailer has funny jokes or rehashed characters it doesn't really matter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lana Del Rey's music is haunting and sexy and easily cut with.

They can't all be Florence and the Machine.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
At least it wasn't a cover song done slowly with a different rhythm.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Conal Cochran posted:

She's like a hip Enya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Madkal posted:

At least it wasn't a cover song done slowly with a different rhythm.

I dunno, The Social Network had a great trailer.

• Locked thread