Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I had to remove a tree last week that had fallen on the phone cable. Amazingly the cable didn't snap, there is so much slack in those things.

The more you know goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Bozza posted:

I've perked up now when I asked my boss for OT to get all the enormous piles of work done over the weekend and he said no bother, also your day rate is £180 a shift

:getin:

How long is a shift?

Also now you know where your train fares are going

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
Aww man, I just saw the news that Jonah Lomu died. Feel sad now :(

(re: treechat - chainsaws are fantastic for chopping up trees, I helped my brother in law earlier this year and we took down what amounted to a tree (in branches) chopped them up for firewood and dragged one of those 1 tonne bags into the barn (which is still standing afaik).)

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

simplefish posted:

How long is a shift?

Also now you know where your train fares are going

7 hours but more realistically 5 hours job and knock

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Kluliss posted:

(re: treechat - chainsaws are fantastic for chopping up trees, I helped my brother in law earlier this year and we took down what amounted to a tree (in branches) chopped them up for firewood and dragged one of those 1 tonne bags into the barn (which is still standing afaik).)

idgi are you trying to say a tool specifically designed for chopping up trees is really effective at chopping up trees?????????

franco
Jan 3, 2003
None of sausageman's wares at Newcastle Christmas/Continental market yesterday. Got soaked for nothing. Pedricko's dethroning from King of the Thread further justified. Too much Sicani in Carluccio's took the edge off somewhat :gbsmith:

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

corn in the fridge posted:

idgi are you trying to say a tool specifically designed for chopping up trees is really effective at chopping up trees?????????

yes because I love a good tautology.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I liked Newcastle, it was nice, the food was good and the people were lovely. Hull was a lot better than I was expecting as well although the deep was poo poo.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

how much did the people of hull give you to type out that post?

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

franco posted:

None of sausageman's wares at Newcastle Christmas/Continental market yesterday. Got soaked for nothing. Pedricko's dethroning from King of the Thread further justified. Too much Sicani in Carluccio's took the edge off somewhat :gbsmith:

We're only doing Manchester, Chester, Lincoln and Belfast this year. As far as I know.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
gently caress, I wanted some sauss

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Pedricko posted:

We're only doing Manchester, Chester, Lincoln and Belfast this year. As far as I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZu-gOeBF8s

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Vitamins posted:

how much did the people of hull give you to type out that post?

1kg of that odd yet delicious orange salt.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

goatface posted:

Was it a good barn?

learnincurve posted:

It clearly wasn't a very sturdy barn.

I had to stop posting due to a power cut.

It was a very old barn, half of it was taken down to be rebuilt because it was unsafe. Turns out the other half wasn't safe either.

It's also listed, or was.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

has it been struck off the list of barns

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

p. sure taff has 'abandoned' the thread only so we will post freely and provide more notebook fuel

he got salty

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

you ask fluo

weak burn there edgelord

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
so I'm 90% sure the missus is getting me a ps4 for Christmas and even if she doesn't im gonna buy one straight after and I've got days off over the holidays that she hasn't I haven't been so excited for Christmas in a long time

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Gamespot are doing a 1TB PS4 with three games for like £289 which is cool and good.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
if she does get me one she will absolutely find the best deal she's not only telling me what she wants for Christmas but telling me where and when to buy it so that I get the best deal hehe

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

what games are you going to get corn?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
all i want is fallout 4 atm

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
is it possible to post new threads from the awful app or do i have to do it from the browser

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

is it possible to post new threads from the awful app or do i have to do it from the browser

i think you have to do it in the browser which is pretty weird imo as it's good otherwise

ps get diablo III and rocket league (goty 2015 onwards)

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
ive got diablo3 on pc I don't think I really care to buy it again

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

rocket league is awkwardly priced at £16 but it is the best game on console

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Phoon posted:

rocket league is awkwardly priced at £16 but it is the best game on console

And yet somehow worth it, rocket league owns owns owns

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
im not having much luck with my thread guys anyone have any idea??

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3752038&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Try request images in pyf

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Are you certain it wasn't a dream?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

try here?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3221049

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
hello

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

sout posted:

Are you certain it wasn't a dream?

I thought it might have been bit then again I also thought I had dreamt up The Brave Little Toaster Goes to Mars

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Hi!
Probably gunna watch Peep Show tonight.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

all i want is fallout 4 atm

Get it on pc

It hardly runs on the consoles

Also protip change the hard drive when you get it to a SSD

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

hello

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Fluo posted:

Get it on pc

It hardly runs on the consoles

Also protip change the hard drive when you get it to a SSD

lol i don't own a pc!!!!!!!!! i have a laptop with an i7 and unknown video card and 4gb ram and a i think busted hard drive that i bought over 5 years ago and haven't switched on in like a year but it's much more comfortable for me to play consoles i don't have a desk for a pc/laptop atm

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Chainsaws were designed for use on bones :)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

Chainsaws were designed for use on bones :)

"The 18th Century prototype for the chainsaw was used as a surgical tool for dissecting limbs and symphysiotomy. Symphysiotomy is a surgical operation in which cartilage is cut out of the pubis in order to widen the pelvis and allow the baby to pass through." OH GOD WHY DID I LOOK THIS UP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

imagine if they still did that

hey guys this baby isnt coming out want to do a caesarean? nah gently caress it we'll just make the hole bigger *chainsaw revs up in background*