Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

neonbregna posted:

Bootcha getting his refund is probably preventing goons from getting theirs. Bootcha pulled a pretty good "gently caress Goons" move.

I'll say this is CIG pulling a gently caress everyone move and Bootcha pulling a "get my money out before I inevitably lose it all" move

It's not Bootchas responsibility to bear the financial burden so goons can get their $30 back IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

I'll say this is CIG pulling a gently caress everyone move and Bootcha pulling a "get my money out before I inevitably lose it all" move

It's not Bootchas responsibility to bear the financial burden so goons can get their $30 back IMO

:golfclap:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Bootcha posted:

Consider this my public statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-oHfJNrr0

I, under the name "Bootcha", an investor with Cloud Imperium Games from Nov 13, 2012 till today, have decided to part ways with Cloud Imperium Games. As such, my investment has been returned to me, as is, with no accumulated interest. I no longer have any remaining business, legal interest, or influential bearing with Cloud Imperium Games and their ongoing business operations, and they have no further obligations towards me.

My opinions have been public, honest, and within the terms of my NDA. I enjoyed helping Star Citizen however I could, and was blessed to meet and befriend so many passionate artists, engineers, and designers. However, this project no longer has need of me, nor I of it.

I would like to thank fuzzknot for giving me the kick in the rear end to get this exit ball rolling, Mr. Smart for being frank and open with me, many past and present CIG employees for talking to me, Ben Lesnick for giving me this opportunity in the first place, Imp Zone for shaking some sense into me, and the Goons as a whole for ruining everything.

End of an era, right there. Also might explain the half-refunds recently

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eonwe posted:

In a run for the banks scenario, you blame the banks for doing horrible investments, you dont blame the person who had his savings in the bank trying to dump the shithole before it collapses.

e-CIG will be bear sterns of the video game world and some other company is going to buy all of the assets for like 3m.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Cao Ni Ma posted:

some other company is going to buy all of the assets for like 3m.

Derek Smart Ltd.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Derek Smart Ltd.

All according to keikaku

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

In a run for the banks scenario, you blame the banks for doing horrible investments, you dont blame the person who had his savings in the bank trying to dump the shithole before it collapses.

e-CIG will be bear sterns of the video game world and some other company is going to buy all of the assets for like 3m.

Pretty sure we blame the people who took out loans then the bankers give themselves huge bonuses from taxpayer bailouts.

Now I'm melting down again thanks,

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Since this is next-generation crowd-sourced game development with unheard of levels of transparency I wonder when the -$200K will show up on the websiiiiiiiiiiiiahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Nevermind.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
$500 refund update from me.

Still waiting on the response. Ticket originally open on 10/6 mentioning not only the lack of game but the non-delivery of the physical items promised in the Rear Admiral Kickstarter package. Response back on the 15th saying in addition to the normal BS heard about 14 day grace period, etc, etc:

quote:

The Collectors boxes are in the process of being made and will ship next year. They have been taking a little longer as there are thousands to make and it is a very complicated process.

Then they said they looked forward to hearing back from me. They then closed the ticket. (go figure)

- Opened a new ticket on 10/27 referring to the old one.
- Generic response on 10/27
- "Are you really sure" email on 11/2
- Generic response on 11/6
- Me asking for a status on 11/12
- Generic response on 11/13

I of course realize the charge back option but these are 2012/2013 transactions and Paypal is pretty adamant on their page about their timelines. Pretty sure I can use the original TOS as to the start date of the refund process. So they have until 11/30 to get it sorted.

If that doesn't work there is always the BBB here in the US which they seem to respond to: http://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/internet-gaming/cloud-imperium-games-in-santa-monica-ca-1016845

And this real gem of a professional response to one 09/08/2013 complaint in regards to a citizen card delivery:

quote:

Once the data is collected hopefully at the end of September then there is production, quality check, logistics and shipping of the cards.
Should you not wish to wait, we can offer a full refund. Unfortunately we cannot make the card magically appear.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KHvUaRRhaU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Xaerael posted:

Incorrect. Rington's mint Marrakech green gunpowder, Birds of Paradise, or just the regular 1907 blend if you're feeling unadventurous are literally the kings of all teas. Loose is better than bagged, obv, made with a proper filter infuser.

Gonna look those up. Sounds interesting. Except for the birds of paradise which is a poisonous flower in my area.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
I didn't read the last 10+ pages. Can somebody help me... ketchup????? rofllolz

No, seriously. I read every word like some religious fanatic on a crusade. So no need.

<srz post>
Gratz Bootcha.
</srz post>

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bootcha posted:

I, under the name "Bootcha", an investor with Cloud Imperium Games from Nov 13, 2012 till today, have decided to part ways with Cloud Imperium Games. As such, my investment has been returned to me, as is, with no accumulated interest. I no longer have any remaining business, legal interest, or influential bearing with Cloud Imperium Games and their ongoing business operations, and they have no further obligations towards me.

My opinions have been public, honest, and within the terms of my NDA. I enjoyed helping Star Citizen however I could, and was blessed to meet and befriend so many passionate artists, engineers, and designers. However, this project no longer has need of me, nor I of it.

I would like to thank fuzzknot for giving me the kick in the rear end to get this exit ball rolling, Mr. Smart for being frank and open with me, many past and present CIG employees for talking to me, Ben Lesnick for giving me this opportunity in the first place, Imp Zone for shaking some sense into me, and the Goons as a whole for ruining everything.
:vince:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Unfortunately we cannot make the game magically appear.

Well done Bootcha.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
In opposite land, star citizen barely scraped over the kickstarter limit, was competently managed and released two weeks early, and Ben sadly suffered from anorexia.

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

RSI community forums posted:

I am speaking about Sandi and "Deutschland Uber Alles", it is very understandable mistake, since that is actually part of the song, sang already long before birth of Fascism. But due to Germans being (too) careful about their history, that part is no longer sang. Just becouse Nazi-Germany used it, does not make it any worse song, Soviet anthem is beautiful to listen, altough Union itself is arguably worse than Nazi-Germany.
And interesting fact: Adolf Hitler helped his country trough great deppression, helped bringing order to country filled with political militias and streetfights, reduced crime levels hugely, employed 8 million people... Do not forget good things just becouse of the bad things that happened afterwards, to all Germans at the time that song was symbol of what i just listed, not hate, war etc.

Sternenbürger: The search for (living) space.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Incombibulator posted:

No, seriously. I read every word like some religious fanatic on a crusade. So no need.

Same, I'm glad the SC threads have slowed down a lot from the Escapist article days. Makes my morning read a lot less exhausting.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
Hey Derek, thanks for the Heinz Salad Cream recommendation. Went by Publix last night in the Atlanta area and they had a whole stack of them on a shelf there. Brought one home and the wife and I loved it!

And also, everyone sort your sauces out and put this on EVERYTHING else

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ShredsYouSay posted:

In opposite land, star citizen barely scraped over the kickstarter limit, was competently managed and released two weeks early, and Ben sadly suffered from anorexia.

Chris Roberts presents Wing Commander 3000AD

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm kind of shocked they didn't wait until after they fleeced a bunch of nerds this weekend.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

Thank you again for including Finnegan.

(He's the orange tabby in the black beret next to Derek Smart. :3: )

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Who else is pumped for the livestream tomorrow? I've got the brewskis in and will be looking a jpegs of various means of transport to prep

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

gipskrampf posted:

Sternenbürger: The search for (living) space.

Is that quote real? Please don't be real.

"And interesting fact: Adolf Hitler helped his country trough great deppression, helped bringing order to country filled with political militias and streetfights..."

I mean yeah, I guess if define helping the economy as "cooking like... just all the books" and conveniently forget that the Nazis WERE most of the political militias.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

Who else is pumped for the livestream tomorrow? I've got the brewskis in and will be looking a jpegs of various means of transport to prep

i will be furiously deep dicking my own rear end in a top hat with a giant dildo with "chris roberts" written hastily in sharpie until i pass out or bleed to death

will still get more satisfaction than the shitizens going pew pew while looking at their jpegs

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Grats to Bootcha, you're free at last!

Tomorrow is going to be frickin magical, I can't wait. :magical:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Bootcha posted:

that video was awesome. also, i'm glad to hear you got your money back.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Congrats Bootcha glad you got out that must be such a relief. Sad there was no basketball cat in there though.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's beautiful :cry:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Sarsapariller posted:

It is. Hopefully Bootcha will post videos for other stuff. His videos are always amazingly awesome.

Eonwe posted:

party at Bootchas

Also, this!

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Mirificus posted:

A Star Citizen conspiracy theorist wants the aliens they envision in the game.

They linked to this website: PIPERON - THE STAR RACES - Intl. Starseed Network

Which is full of bizarre videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfH3msKq8G8

I hope these "star races" are into rape fantasies because oh boy am I ready.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 8, 2016

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Congrats Bootcha!

I was worried about this being a contentless post but then remembered I was in the Star Citizen thread.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"New video from Sandi's Facebook.... and Razer logo?"

Man, those Facebook comments are "cancerous"-- it's like there are actually backers who don't believe in this game anymore and they're actually voicing their opinions about it...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Nothing quite like celebrating the anniversary of a stillborn.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Bootcha did they close your account?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
congrats bootcha. You still missed one hell of a run up in the stock market with this money. But hopefully this was play money anyhow.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

Man, those Facebook comments are "cancerous"-- it's like there are actually backers who don't believe in this game anymore and they're actually voicing their opinions about it...

It's always funny when shitizens get to interact with normies.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

They're basically celebrating the anniversary of that time you got suckered into a lovely deal, so it's not entirely surprising. Hell some people are literally aging out of the demographic that is willing to drop cash on this in the time it's taking them to deliver anything. Since I bought in I've gotten married and now have a kid on the way....sorry internet spaceships, you missed your window.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

G0RF posted:

I'm the 12 dollar ikea lamp in the multi million dollar new office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I'm the 12 dollar ikea lamp in the multi million dollar new office

You don't get it

• Locked thread