Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i want the reason sanji's wanted poster states alive to be as ridiculous as the duval reveal. just something incredibly loving dumb but funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jose posted:

i want the reason sanji's wanted poster states alive to be as ridiculous as the duval reveal. just something incredibly loving dumb but funny

"We want him to be Impel Down's chef."

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Waffleman_ posted:

"We want him to be Impel Down's chef."

Oh poo poo, that could totally be it. I'm sure G5 filed an after-action report that included Sanji's amazing revitalizing soup, so the Marines should be aware of his abilities.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
No chapter this week. :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

No chapter this week. :(

I'm blaming you.:mad:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shinjobi posted:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Shinjobi posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shinjobi posted:

GEEEEEETTTT DUNKED ON

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="452582992"]
Oh poo poo, that could totally be it. I'm sure G5 filed an after-action report that included Sanji's amazing revitalizing soup, so the Marines should be aware of his abilities.

Misread that as G8 and thought I was about to break some bad news to you.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Ghost-Slug posted:

After re-reading Fishman Island recently, my wacky theory is Sanji and Big Mam/Big Mam's crew clashed while the Thousand Sunny traveled to Zou and that Big Mam's influence is why Sanji's bounty is Alive Only. Since Big Mam is all about sweets, Sanji could have gained the crew's safety with his cooking and now Big Mam wants him as one of her chefs, or something like that. I don't think current happenings in Zou are related to that though.

We've seen Sanji on Zou though, so that would be kinda weird. Letting him go only to kidnap him again later on Zou?
I do feel like Big Mam is involved in this somehow.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Shinjobi posted:

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy

Mulderman posted:

We've seen Sanji on Zou though, so that would be kinda weird. Letting him go only to kidnap him again later on Zou?
I do feel like Big Mam is involved in this somehow.

Well, if the Straw Hats encountered her crew rather than Big Mam/Big Mom herself, he could have made up a batch of fancy sweets and handed them over in exchange for the Thousand Sunny's safe passage - he'd make it to Zou and the sweets would make their way to Big Mam, who would then want his cullinary skills for herself. I don't think current events with Sanji on Zou are immediately related to Big Mam though. Surely that's gotta be a set up to reveal the big issue/villains of the arc? I'd imagine they'd be connected to Kaidou rather than Big Mam given the animal theme in this arc.

Extra Big Mam theory: I read somewhere that Big Mam uses "ore" when speaking about herself. Since she is an unattractive woman in One Piece who uses a masculine identifier, could she end up being another mtf transvestite? Honestly I hope not because that joke's been run into the ground several times over and I want to see a powerful female main villain for once. Please Oda no.

Alternate wanted poster theory: G5 covering their bro's back.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Maybe Duval is actually the prince and people still have him confused with Sanji

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Shinjobi posted:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Veskit posted:

What if Big Mam promised Sanji she'd take him to all blue and he believed her. I mean why wouldn't he?!? :ohdear:
It's not as if the artist formerly known as Sanji even cares about finding the all blue anymore, he basically declared it discovered the moment he found a bunch of fish people

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Oda always chooses the worst cliffhangers for his week off.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oda's gonna die before we finish One Piece at this rate.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sub Harrison posted:

Oda always chooses the worst cliffhangers for his week off.

Like that flashback to ace fighting Blackbeard before he took a four week break. I'm still mad about that.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/national/20151113-OYT1T50135.html

there still might be a chapter this week, it just seems we wont be getting it nice and early from the chinese anymore

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It wasn't in the magazine so I doubt that's the case.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Mulderman posted:

It wasn't in the magazine so I doubt that's the case.

god damnit I forgot other things in SJ already got updated I just was being delusional hoping for a new chapter i guess (still news tho)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So with the guy leaking the raws being arrested this means we won't get the new chapter for awhile?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Weird Priorities.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

frajaq posted:

So with the guy leaking the raws being arrested this means we won't get the new chapter for awhile?

It just means we get the chapter the same time Japan officially does. Technically the popular scanlations have been releasing chapters one week before they actually drop in Japan, which is why people think the official Viz releases are one week behind.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

frajaq posted:

Presumably we won't be getting the early release from the Chinese raw. WSJ officially releases Sundays or Mondays right? So we didn't get "last week's" chapter because it was on break for the issue that released at the beginning of this week, which usually leaks several days in advance. We didn't get a chapter today/tomorrow because the leaker was arrested. But at the beginning of next week we should get the chapter that would have leaked tomorrow.

Does that seem accurate?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Guy A. Person posted:

Presumably we won't be getting the early release from the Chinese raw. WSJ officially releases Sundays or Mondays right? So we didn't get "last week's" chapter because it was on break for the issue that released at the beginning of this week, which usually leaks several days in advance. We didn't get a chapter today/tomorrow because the leaker was arrested. But at the beginning of next week we should get the chapter that would have leaked tomorrow.

Does that seem accurate?

Presumably yes.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I give it a month and a half before we start getting early leaks again. This kind of thing has happened before, I think?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Prison Warden posted:

I give it a month and a half before we start getting early leaks again. This kind of thing has happened before, I think?

Yes, usually the biggest impact is that the "normal" release day gets slightly shuffled. I think usually it still results in scanilations coming out before the actual release, but I don't think it's happened since they switched over to simulpublishing so who knows.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

While I of course want to read One Piece ASAP, I wouldn't necessarily mind if releases got pushed back to Mondays.

That happened with Academia this week. I excitedly read the scan chapter when it came out, then afterward I paused and thought, "Wait a second, I already have this in this week's Jump."

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
It's possible that with a shakeup, the habit of reading Bleach just because it's a thing you do on Thursday will be broken, giving myself and others another chance to stop reading Bleach, so its a fair trade imo!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Allarion posted:

It just means we get the chapter the same time Japan officially does. Technically the popular scanlations have been releasing chapters one week before they actually drop in Japan, which is why people think the official Viz releases are one week behind.

Guy A. Person posted:

Does that seem accurate?

So THAT'S how it worked. Interesting

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

While I of course want to read One Piece ASAP, I wouldn't necessarily mind if releases got pushed back to Mondays.

That happened with Academia this week. I excitedly read the scan chapter when it came out, then afterward I paused and thought, "Wait a second, I already have this in this week's Jump."

If I remember, MHA scans got out about only an hour before the official Jump release.

I feel like the ones who'll get screwed the most on getting an English language release of Jump titles are the ones in countries that still don't have the English web-magazine.

Gyges posted:

Yes, usually the biggest impact is that the "normal" release day gets slightly shuffled. I think usually it still results in scanilations coming out before the actual release, but I don't think it's happened since they switched over to simulpublishing so who knows.

I think the biggest shake-up was the crackdown that shifted the earliest release day from Wednesday to Thursday. And I think that's just because all the companies waited to send out their magazines a day later.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

If we end up not getting scans until the magazine is actually out... that'd actually be pretty cool. It's still a week between each issue, and if we were getting it when it was released people who actually pay for Jump can join the current discussion.

"Early" doesn't actually mean anything with a constant rate.

Except for this one particular week where I want my One Piece now! :argh:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Funnily enough, this week Shueisha is releasing the magazine earlier. It's being released Saturday, so we should get stuff over the weekend.

The downside is that Viz doesn't adjust their releases for these situations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

That's nice. I don't suppose you have a translation or anything?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a Gintama episode card. The episode is "Watch out! Weekly Jump sometimes comes out on Saturdays!"

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'd be glad if there's a permanent "shift to Mondays" too, since I won't have to read crappy translations to keep up with this thread anymore.

I'm not sure it will cure people of the habit of reading Bleach, though, since Bleach comes in English Shonen Jump too. Unless the suggestion is that people are more bored on Thursdays than on Mondays, and that's why they read Bleach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
It looks like spoilers are already out. Does that mean anything?