Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I would like there to be an episode of Comedy Bang Bang where Scott Aukerman convinces Cudi to stop making music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

the gucci/e40/gibbs is everything i hoped it would be and more :drat:

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Without a Shadow of a Doubt, AOTY.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Dangerous Person posted:

I would like there to be an episode of Comedy Bang Bang where Scott Aukerman convinces Cudi to stop making music

Came here from the CBB thread

Nice Inception

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
God damnit I just realized you can basically hear Young Thug laughing in his backing vocals. He finds this poo poo goofy as gently caress.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
pop pop pop pop goes my niiiine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gljfqsASpeU

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLQe3hZ4ozM

went to this last night, guess kanye is going towards this techno/house thing. Oneman was dope, Virgil was dope, and JME was really dope.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2safGftL1iU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Migos x Mac Miller x Alchemist https://soundcloud.com/alan-the-chemist/jabroni-feat-migos-mac-miller

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

this is good

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

Harley C posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLQe3hZ4ozM

went to this last night, guess kanye is going towards this techno/house thing. Oneman was dope, Virgil was dope, and JME was really dope.

sounds like a great show but that ye track is pretty rough he has to step those bars up. even random grime folks been killing house instrumentals from time. like this track for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlP3YHfTHBw

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

wish migos got on more beats like this one

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

GET MONEY posted:

sounds like a great show but that ye track is pretty rough he has to step those bars up. even random grime folks been killing house instrumentals from time. like this track for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlP3YHfTHBw

IIRC he said in a recent interview that the track is an unfinished demo and that Swish is at least a year away.

I dig the Chicago house influences and I'm sure the final version will sound great, but I wish he would stop leaking his half-finished demos and just put out an actual single already

e: new Suicideboys tape out. I've been getting into their stuff lately. It reminds me of Bones' stuff, but with better rapping

HorseRenoir fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 19, 2015

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

HorseRenoir posted:

IIRC he said in a recent interview that the track is an unfinished demo and that Swish is at least a year away.

I dig the Chicago house influences and I'm sure the final version will sound great, but I wish he would stop leaking his half-finished demos and just put out an actual single already

Fuuuuck really he said the album was that far away? I keep expecting it to drop any day :sigh:

And wasn't All Day a finished track?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

monkeu posted:

Fuuuuck really he said the album was that far away? I keep expecting it to drop any day :sigh:

And wasn't All Day a finished track?

It was a finished track, but I doubt that will be the final version on the album, if it even makes the album. It sounds like he was going to drop an album in the spring but decided it wasn't good enough and started from scratch.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
If you can understand a bit of French, Gradur - L'homme au bob is AOTY 2015 still.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

HorseRenoir posted:

It was a finished track, but I doubt that will be the final version on the album, if it even makes the album. It sounds like he was going to drop an album in the spring but decided it wasn't good enough and started from scratch.

Wow must have been total garbage because dude still released yeezus.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

rear end Catchcum posted:

Wow must have been total garbage because dude still released yeezus.

Yeezus was amazing. Easily in the top 3 Kanye albums.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I'll give you that. If you only count albums that came out after mbdtf.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
did the kanye thread bottom out already or somethin? she doesnt have another year in her

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i didnt think people were still pretending yeezus was good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

rear end Catchcum posted:

I'll give you that. If you only count albums that came out after mbdtf.

lol

real talk, the gibbs album is all i'm listening to.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i didnt think people were still pretending yeezus was good

New Slaves is an incredible song from start to finish. Kanye sounds so loving angry, and I love how the huge synths blare right in and then get sucked right out. Also the crooning at the end give my chills.

Yeezus has a lot of really interesting sounds and Kanye's delivery has an urgency I think he didn't have in some of those first few records.

Also Hold my Liquor has a great build and I listen to a lot. The whole album isn't a success but the highs are real high.

Besson fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Nov 19, 2015

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

real talk, the gibbs album is all i'm listening to.

yeah it's great

dunno why he released it as a mixtape/EP/whatever, it's a definite full album

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah it's great

dunno why he released it as a mixtape/EP/whatever, it's a definite full album

it's an awesome project, but honestly that e-40 verse on 10 Times is one of my favorite parts of the album. Actually, just 10 Times in general

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 19, 2015

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Besson posted:

Kanye's delivery has an urgency

His delivery has an urgency cause he had to rush off to Kim's baby shower

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
drat rear end Catchcum stop killin' em!

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

New Open Mike Eagle/Serengeti project Cavanaugh just dropped and it's real nice. Kinda short at only 9 tracks (which tbh I'm kinda liking that we're getting more solid short releases) but all the songs are good. It really reminds me of something that I can't quite recall (maybe De La Soul, updated? that doesn't seem right even though that's what keeps coming into my head).They seem to be using this halting, minimal flow on a lot of songs that i'm really digging. It's really percussive.

Like I mentioned before I wasn't really big on what Serengeti's been doing the last few years with the Kenny Dennis stuff but I'm digging him on here. Open Mike Eagle's been killing it consistently so it's no surprise on his end.

I'm not doing that well describing it but it's seriously good. I'm not sure how much it'll hold up, but I can't really think of anything that's given me a better immediate impression.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 19, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Highs of Yeezus are great.

New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves, Hold my Liqour, Bound 2

the lows are eww

Guilt Trip, On Sight, Bound 2's music video.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Yeezus is secretly one of the best albums of the decade

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dexo posted:

The Highs of Yeezus are great.

New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves, Hold my Liqour, Bound 2

the lows are eww

Guilt Trip, On Sight, Bound 2's music video.

I though On Sight was a great track, and the Bound 2 music video is brilliant. The whole thing was deliberately over the top cheesy and goofy. I thought it was the perfect compliment to the song itself-lots of dudes who were turned off by the aggressive, harsh nature of the rest of the album definitely talked up Bound 2 a lot since it wasn't nearly as harsh. And then Kanye dropped that video for it? Just showing he was keeping the aggression coming throughout, even when folks didn't expect it.

I don't recall disliking Guilt Trip, but I can almost never remember it when it comes up so it must not have left much impression either way.

HorseRenoir posted:

Yeezus is secretly one of the best albums of the decade
I don't think that's really secret. It got nearly universal praise all over.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The other day, I'm In It got stuck in my head randomly and I had to listen to it. That song goes off.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Guilt Trip is loving great the gently caress yall talking about.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

alansmithee posted:

New Open Mike Eagle/Serengeti project Cavanaugh just dropped and it's real nice. Kinda short at only 9 tracks (which tbh I'm kinda liking that we're getting more solid short releases) but all the songs are good. It really reminds me of something that I can't quite recall (maybe De La Soul, updated? that doesn't seem right even though that's what keeps coming into my head).They seem to be using this halting, minimal flow on a lot of songs that i'm really digging. It's really percussive.

Like I mentioned before I wasn't really big on what Serengeti's been doing the last few years with the Kenny Dennis stuff but I'm digging him on here. Open Mike Eagle's been killing it consistently so it's no surprise on his end.

I'm not doing that well describing it but it's seriously good. I'm not sure how much it'll hold up, but I can't really think of anything that's given me a better immediate impression.

Awesome, I really like Open Mike Eagle and haven't heard of Serengeti so I'll check it out.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Stop congratulating yourself on liking an album that pretty much everyone liked and instead let Godwop bless your eardrums

https://soundcloud.com/gangstagibbs/10-times-feat-gucci-mane-e-40-produced-by-sid-speakerbomb-miller-1

VOTY

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Stop congratulating yourself on liking an album that pretty much everyone liked and instead let Godwop bless your eardrums

https://soundcloud.com/gangstagibbs/10-times-feat-gucci-mane-e-40-produced-by-sid-speakerbomb-miller-1

VOTY

I'm sorry to cut in on the glory here shrimp....but

****PUSHA T's VIDEO was here but gently caress you TIDAL i'm not signing up for your poo poo to relink something that ALREADY LEAKED**** you know how to go view his video, I don't need to coach you on google search****

That is the hottest poo poo on the shelf by far

I'm not sure Pusha can make less than amazing poo poo these days

ALSO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo4P_UhvVUw - Tracee Eliis Ross tries to decipher THUGGA lyrics

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 19, 2015

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I won't disagree. I hope Wayne responds and El Drako Guzman comes in from the top rope. I need a little more fuckery before the year ends

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Run The Jewels remixed the new Miike Snow single

https://soundcloud.com/miikesnow/miike-snow-heart-is-full-feat-run-the-jewels-remix/s-mIplr

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Two new Pimp C songs one feat. Juciy J & Nas and the other with Wayne

New ODB - Obey Me remixed

More new Gibbs for ya day. Closed Sessions compilation

Migos & Mac Miller prod by Alc

ps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUHSieHgxzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9BX8LbmcEU

TenaciousTomato fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
new pimp has me cautiously optimistic about this upcoming unreleased tape