Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

Bif has literally not cased a single poster and has just said yah seems good to a bunch of other folks votes or done this weird loose meta voting on me

##vote bifauxnen

town bif would have tried by now

!!!

this is horrible but I gather you are also in the having-a-bad-week category. I was hoping you were scum before cause you were just being extra rude for no productive reason, but now I hope you're town who's just feeling extra salty, cause that's really weak for scum reframing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Bifauxnen posted:

!!!

this is horrible but I gather you are also in the having-a-bad-week category. I was hoping you were scum before cause you were just being extra rude for no productive reason, but now I hope you're town who's just feeling extra salty, cause that's really weak for scum reframing.

Not feelign salty

whys it horrible its true

you gavebt effort posted or tucked into anyone once

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

There's a trail of dead and an appeal to the most active speaker in thread. It's very simple to read as buddying up

Then again I'm always suspicious of cops with multiple days of town reads including dead townies

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tremendous Taste posted:

There's a trail of dead and an appeal to the most active speaker in thread. It's very simple to read as buddying up

Then again I'm always suspicious of cops with multiple days of town reads including dead townies

same

funny how its all but useless

but looks good to make me town bevause they assume im just gonna blindly push on you again and ride along

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

yep Ol soagy is clearly town so vote along with him

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is killercop another word for brutal cop?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SirSamVimes posted:

Is killercop another word for brutal cop?

I thought brutal cop was a normal cop who vigged the target if they found scum

this just seems like alternate vig/cop as the killered target is going to flip anyway

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Venom Soag posted:

taste not being lyjched LOOKS very damning to me i figure if hes town scum wouldve had no probs lynchogn him

folks who refused to lynch taste are Kat, ixt and gwyn

now that sez to me that theres town in there too and its not unreasonable for town to think taste was a bad lynch

but

does that overide part a, that if hea town scum wouldve just as happily lunched him?

Did you look at the voting last night?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Birdstrike posted:

I thought brutal cop was a normal cop who vigged the target if they found scum

this just seems like alternate vig/cop as the killered target is going to flip anyway

Oh, I misread and didn't realise those were all the vig targets.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think I believe Bif or at least I don't think he's scum, it'd be really weird for scum to have a regular nightkill and an even night vig. He has to either be telling the truth or be a SK and I don't think a SK is likely. Especially when nobody's counterclaimed the kills.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Let's kill Sam for overexplaining everything because the imgay thing isn't solid enough to be a good thing.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I don't mean that as a personal attack but as a pattern of overexplaining things and it's a scum thing to overexplain in a nonhumorous and nonstream-of-consciousness way imo.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also why is bif so mad idgi.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

I think I believe Bif or at least I don't think he's scum, it'd be really weird for scum to have a regular nightkill and an even night vig. He has to either be telling the truth or be a SK and I don't think a SK is likely. Especially when nobody's counterclaimed the kills.

are you saying bif when you mean Kat?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I got my Auspollers mixed up, genuinely though bif made that post.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Ixtlilton posted:

Also why is bif so mad idgi.

i dunno real life stuff probs but just coming in and off the bag telling everyone to go gently caress themselves is weird

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Tremendous Taste (1): Kat Delacour
Bifauxnen (1): Venom Soag
Kat Delacour (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (13): Beetphyxious, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, EXAKT Science, Gwynplaine, HiipFire, Ixtlilton, Kashuno, Kommando, merk, SirSamVimes, thatbastardken, Tremendous Taste

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 20th, 2015 at 2:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

also bif seems to think me thinkihn she's scum in the game of "accuse people of being scum" is rude when that's what she's been doing to me all game. I dunno.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I've been that dude before. When you're so town in your mind it's offensive. One of the reasons I stopped playing, too serious. Game should be happy, snappy, and gay.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I've a serious headache and I don't think I'll post much more tonight

Would lynch kash and kat for similar reasons

Also the slew of lurkers idk

I don't read bif as scum

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tremendous Taste posted:

I've a serious headache and I don't think I'll post much more tonight

Would lynch kash and kat for similar reasons

Also the slew of lurkers idk

I don't read bif as scum

im still pissed scum didnt kill a lurker

serious gently caress you to everyone in the game that one

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The modbomb will fix some lurkers.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

also bif seems to think me thinkihn she's scum in the game of "accuse people of being scum" is rude when that's what she's been doing to me all game. I dunno.

That is not loving it, it's the constant refrain of not wanting to "pander to" or "cater to" me, or outright disregarding and insulting the thought processes behind anything I say even when it's town-on-town. I try and just roll with it and joke about it, but when the chips are down I will literally ask people, hey, if you're town then how about instead of just calling me insane you be straight with me for a sec, cause that might actually get us somewhere, but instead l get "oh no, there's no point talking to YOU".

If it's scummy that's fine, that's trying to do some clever play. If it's town just being afraid that I'm trying to pull one over on them, okay that's understandable in each individual case I guess. But when it comes up every. single. game. it starts to feel like maybe I should be taking it personal, cause my playstyle is obviously either really bothering everybody, or totally incompatible and useless with how everyone else thinks through things.

I thought I was gonna be able to let off a lot of steam this week with Mafia cause a lot of dumb poo poo just piled up at once, but I can't even enjoy it now cause a workmate got injured and is probably going to stay out all week and I've got piles of extra work to cover for them that's looming over my head but I don't feel like doing one iota of.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Venom Soag posted:

folks who refused to lynch taste are Kat, ixt and gwyn

Gwynplaine posted:

Even with the extension, we don't all the time ever - and I certainly don't. If it's going to be between those two then yeah

##unvote

##vote Taste

It's not Kash.

Anidav, don't worry. Is gud.

You're only supposed to wear ONE eye patch, Big Bozo

Venom Soag posted:

im still pissed scum didnt kill a lurker

serious gently caress you to everyone in the game that one

Agreed. Would've been polite.

Anidav posted:

The modbomb will fix some lurkers.

True. It's more that it has to at all that irks me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote SSV

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

That is not loving it, it's the constant refrain of not wanting to "pander to" or "cater to" me, or outright disregarding and insulting the thought processes behind anything I say even when it's town-on-town. I try and just roll with it and joke about it, but when the chips are down I will literally ask people, hey, if you're town then how about instead of just calling me insane you be straight with me for a sec, cause that might actually get us somewhere, but instead l get "oh no, there's no point talking to YOU".

If it's scummy that's fine, that's trying to do some clever play. If it's town just being afraid that I'm trying to pull one over on them, okay that's understandable in each individual case I guess. But when it comes up every. single. game. it starts to feel like maybe I should be taking it personal, cause my playstyle is obviously either really bothering everybody, or totally incompatible and useless with how everyone else thinks through things.

I thought I was gonna be able to let off a lot of steam this week with Mafia cause a lot of dumb poo poo just piled up at once, but I can't even enjoy it now cause a workmate got injured and is probably going to stay out all week and I've got piles of extra work to cover for them that's looming over my head but I don't feel like doing one iota of.

the conclusion i came to as gaspy with everyone dogpilinh me waa that yeah the way i played left myself open to ridicule and aggression so i just went oh well i guess it's me

the conclusion you came to when everyone consistently thinks your scum is "go gently caress yourselves"?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

merk posted:

##vote SSV

why

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

the conclusion i came to as gaspy with everyone dogpilinh me waa that yeah the way i played left myself open to ridicule and aggression so i just went oh well i guess it's me

the conclusion you came to when everyone consistently thinks your scum is "go gently caress yourselves"?

That's more a combination of all the above, plus half the game being lurkers and/or replaced to the point I can barely remember who's who anymore and it probably wouldn't even help if I did, and also starting off this day extra cranky for more rl reasons. But anyway, I was gonna say something mean but I don't actually want to do that so see ya at hammertime.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

bif your theories vary from outlandish to machiavellian, your very clever and dynamic and i take on board what you say

but when im not even doign my normal scum dance and you keep not only sayiyn how scummy i am but voting for me and having little buddy chats with players who also come across scummy to me no im not going to do what you ask me to

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
interesting how all the non-Kat kills have been non-Auspol

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

interesting how all the non-Kat kills have been non-Auspol

that feels more like trivia than a lead

do you have an angle or just want us to brainstorm

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Venom Soag posted:

that feels more like trivia than a lead

do you have an angle or just want us to brainstorm

it might be relevant later but idk about it now I have a bunch of things due for work and I haven't absorbed that fact right now

I will probably vote Kash again for investigating four people who all happen to have not even remotely interesting flavour

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

it might be relevant later but idk about it now I have a bunch of things due for work and I haven't absorbed that fact right now

I will probably vote Kash again for investigating four people who all happen to have not even remotely interesting flavour

it pains me but im thinking kash is the highest utility lynch at the moment

then again hes not literally actively choosing to lurk so i dunno

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I've been saying exakt almost since I got here. Seriously, we got nothing to lose. If we filter out the chaff it'll either give town more focus or scum less cum. Nothing against them personally, but they're really too quiet.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Oh for..

REALLY wish I could edit that...

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Nah, scum are like 75% cum so it works and it's funny.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Gwynplaine posted:

I've been saying exakt almost since I got here. Seriously, we got nothing to lose. If we filter out the chaff it'll either give town more focus or scum less cum. Nothing against them personally, but they're really too quiet.

yeah okay

i got nothing to lose and I'm happy to work with gwyn

##vote exakt science

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I feel like going for a lurker lynch would be extremely hypocritical of me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Merk, your case on me really isn't up to your usual standards.

merk posted:

This post is setting off alarm bells.

merk posted:

Ixt is definitely the right vote. Sorry, Ixt.

The town leaders that have been driving us down the wrong highway all game need to be discussed: Kashuno, SSV

merk posted:

I think at least one of SSV and Kashuno is scum. I'm leaning SSV as the better vote right now.

merk posted:

##vote SSV

merk posted:

##vote SSV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You still haven't given an example of me being a "town leader".

• Locked thread