Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

So I finished Fuyuki and saw the actual OP and uh

did Shielder stub her toe really hard or something

what was going on at the end there

Also I was all ready for Alter to be a ridiculously hard fight and then she just went down like a sack of bricks.

Alter's a pushover, the real challenge in Fuyuki is the last Free Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I saved up for a 40 roll and got a Vlad out of it. I also completed the Gorgon set by getting Euryale out of the deal. A pretty good set of rolls.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Lot of new stuff's been updated for FGO, most notably, the Chaldea Gate Quest and stuff in Da Vinci's shop.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Boy am I glad to be building class specific teams. The new 40 ap daily whack hard.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They should give cooldowns to those loving invincibility skills because I ragequit the fight with 200k health Marie after she used it to shield and heal herself every turn then wiped my team with her NP.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's a ploy to make you roll for Drake and her invincibility pierce skill.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Medea's another option if you feel like living dangerously, but you're right that the AI having no cooldown on invincibility/evasion skills, relying purely on the RNG as to whether or not you get hosed over, is complete bullshit.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I tried buying quartz, but the game froze.

Well okay then, game!

Also at this point the game seems to be piggy backing off of absurdly strong friend servants to make it through what would otherwise be impossible fights. Truly the proper F/SN experience.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Also at this point the game seems to be piggy backing off of absurdly strong friend servants to make it through what would otherwise be impossible fights. Truly the proper F/SN experience.

Sent you a friend request, lvl 80 Jeanne with Imaginary Number Magecraft. Terrible growth curve and leveling her is an absolute bitch, but at this point she can really carry your party. I finished the 40 AP Rider quest with her as the last one standing, just chaining Arts cards and NPing whenver she did. Now I just need to farm gems of all the loving classes to level her skills. Or at lest two of them because the NP weakening one doesn't seem that useful to me.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 18, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah I just had a fight where everybody but Jeanne died, but she was unkillable so it was cool.

Caesar's NP being I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED is the best by the way. Especially since if you speed up the animations, it turns into I I I CONQUERED.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

What the gently caress game? I went to the regular quartz gacha to avoid getting Waver and they still give me Waver. Give me Jeanne you fuckerrrrrrrrsssss.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

What the gently caress game? I went to the regular quartz gacha to avoid getting Waver and they still give me Waver. Give me Jeanne you fuckerrrrrrrrsssss.

I spend $200 trying to get Gil, I got 3 Jeannes instead. #thestruggleisreal

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I don't really see the point to trying to roll for rare servants when you can just call them up as support anyways.

Then again I am probably the only person in the world who actually likes True Assassin and that poor bastard is only 2 stars so I got him super fast.

Whenever he smiles I'm reminded of narration from HF and I can't stop laughing.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

I don't really see the point to trying to roll for rare servants when you can just call them up as support anyways.

Then again I am probably the only person in the world who actually likes True Assassin and that poor bastard is only 2 stars so I got him super fast.

My original goal was to get both Gilles and max ascend them, but the game apparently has a actual desire sensor and just kept throwing 4 stars at me. And if I do ever get one of them I'm gonna max him and watch my friendlist empty when I put him up as my main with the black grail.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now that Francis Drake is gone it's time to hoard my Quartz and tickets for a servant I care about again.

3 rolls and nothing, Christ.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If Brynhildr ever actually comes out I'm going to spend forever rolling for her and Siegfried though.

Gotta have my crazy romances.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

True Assassin is great, and i can't wait until they add Grail ascensions so i can level him past 65.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Today's maintenance will reduce dailies ' difficulty and increase drop rate. Honestly, DW have been really good at listening to complaints and fix most thing quickly.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Today's maintenance will reduce dailies ' difficulty and increase drop rate. Honestly, DW have been really good at listening to complaints and fix most thing quickly.

Good, that 40AP Lancers/Assassins daily really kicked my rear end when I tried it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

BlitzBlast posted:

If Brynhildr ever actually comes out I'm going to spend forever rolling for her and Siegfried though.

Gotta have my crazy romances.

Siegfried is totally cheating on Brynhildr with Jeanne though.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

That's the homunculus kid on Apocrypha

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So does the bond level actually do anything?

Pureauthor posted:

Obviously he's just being mind controlled.

Again. :v:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

So does the bond level actually do anything?

As far as the practical effects go, it unlocks Servant Interludes. For some level one is enough, others, like Carmilla if memory serves, may even need level four. The other requirement is ascending them at least once.

Other than that, increasing bond level unlocks some fluff for the Servants but that's in Japanese, so...

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Some servant's interlude gives a lot of rare ascension mats while some upgrade their np.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
And don't forget the quartz. Short of emptying your wallet for those, you might as well unlock the interludes that get you a free quartz along with the daily log in bonuses.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, i've finally finished flushing my ascension materials down the toilet.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

A worthy sacrifice.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You made her smile, that is the greatest reward of all.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
^ That and you have her :argh:

I spent 5 tickets and 24 quartz today trying to get Waver so I can upgrade his NP but I ended up with a Formalcraft, a CE I really wanted a long time ago, and the 5* Shirou CE. My Arts team is set for life now with the addition of Formalcraft as an option :toot:. Now I can save quartz and tickets for Casko when she becomes available in the gacha again.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BurningDance posted:

^ That and you have her :argh:

I spent 5 tickets and 24 quartz today trying to get Waver so I can upgrade his NP but I ended up with a Formalcraft, a CE I really wanted a long time ago, and the 5* Shirou CE. My Arts team is set for life now with the addition of Formalcraft as an option :toot:. Now I can save quartz and tickets for Casko when she becomes available in the gacha again.

I blew 120 Quartz trying to pull Francis and only got Atalanta out of it. Well, her and Another Ending to be precise.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Freak Futanari posted:

Her smile and ponytail are very powerful.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I just re-read tsukihime and if I don't get a good new nasu story soon i'm going to lose my drat mind!!!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlitzBlast posted:

Nah, TA is totally great. He's not only a good servant but also bro-tier and Rome's Batman.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Yeah, any servant with good gimmick or 1200% NP (Cu, TA, Ceasar, sasaki, Jing, ushi, Anne & bonnie) will be good for majority of the game's content.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Quick NPs in general are strong, although I prefer AoE.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Problem with Lancers is that quite a few of them use up rather large quantities of absurdly rare ascension items. Cu(Prototype) needs multiple Talons for just his second ascension, and Liz is worse. That's just what I remember off-hand.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Went all the way and dropped $40 to try out the 10 roll.

Got nothing I wanted.

This game is never getting another cent from me again. :argh:
immediately afterward i did a regular 4 roll and got another kaleidoscope, are these things supposed to be so common?

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

klapman posted:

I just re-read tsukihime and if I don't get a good new nasu story soon i'm going to lose my drat mind!!!

Just make sure to place all chairs as out of the way as possible before something bad happens.

At some point Commie or someone else will release a translation for Mahoutsukai no Yoru. Not too far in the future, hopefully.

Wili fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Nov 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Whoever the guy with the Vlad is, your servant is basically carrying me through the level 40 daily quest.

I guess I should be saving Orleans or something but so much experience.