Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

Of course you are, jivjov.

(Worth the ban for an empty quote)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Someone sell me on Super Mystery Dungeon, Etrain mystery dungeon broke my heart.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dementium Remastered is finally done and will be released on the NA 3DS eShop on December 3 for $14.99; changes from the original include manual saves instead of checkpoints, no more respawning enemies, new difficulty settings, different control configs with support for the c-stick/Circle Pad Pro, plus redone graphics/audio and the like (and 60FPS 3D).

Sweet I played this as a kid and never got that far looking forward to picking this up and pissing myself kicking it's rear end.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Junkie Disease posted:

Someone sell me on Super Mystery Dungeon, Etrain mystery dungeon broke my heart.

Well, I can't sell you on that game specifically because I don't have it yet (tomorrow!) but Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are generally top-notch! We don't talk about the first 3DS entry... but it looks like they fixed everything that was wrong with that one for Super, so I think we're good again! Anyway, PMD are cute and fun games where you run around as a Pokemon, in a world inhabited entirely by Pokemon, solving Pokemon's problems.

Also I heard Etrian Mystery Dungeon was crap, so there you go. You should be good with PMD. Even if Super turns out to suck, Explorers of Sky on the DS definitely did not suck and remains the best Mystery Dungeon game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here it is, the must-have eShop game of 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI5xc8JCazI

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

We don't talk about the first 3DS entry... but it looks like they fixed everything that was wrong with that one for Super

What's wrong with the first 3ds one? I only played the demo but it seemed solid.

Either way, post how super mystery dungeon is when you get it because I'm curious about whether it will be good or not.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I'm I looking a t a lovely kickstarter video?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Did you mean to say 1998?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

What's wrong with the first 3ds one? I only played the demo but it seemed solid.

Either way, post how super mystery dungeon is when you get it because I'm curious about whether it will be good or not.

They took out the hunger mechanic, which removed a huge layer of strategy and resource management. The view was also way too zoomed in so you couldn't see for poo poo. The starter selection was absolutely piddling (even Super has nothing compared to Sky, but it's a step in the right direction at least), and- probably most damning of all, they removed the ability to do multiple quests in the same dungeon at once. Something that was in literally every other PMD game ever, and which made upgrading the home base an absolute unfun pain in the rear end. Oh, and there's no post-game to speak of.

From what I've heard, Super fixed every single one of these issues. Except the post-game thing? I don't actually know what kind of post-game content Super has. In any case, I will be sure to check back in with my impressions once I have my hands on the game! :D

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Oh drat, I just played and returned Etrian Odyssey. A new PMD that might not suck? :woop:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Silver Falcon posted:

They took out the hunger mechanic, which removed a huge layer of strategy and resource management. The view was also way too zoomed in so you couldn't see for poo poo. The starter selection was absolutely piddling (even Super has nothing compared to Sky, but it's a step in the right direction at least), and- probably most damning of all, they removed the ability to do multiple quests in the same dungeon at once. Something that was in literally every other PMD game ever, and which made upgrading the home base an absolute unfun pain in the rear end. Oh, and there's no post-game to speak of.

From what I've heard, Super fixed every single one of these issues. Except the post-game thing? I don't actually know what kind of post-game content Super has. In any case, I will be sure to check back in with my impressions once I have my hands on the game! :D

Does it let you speed up the text? That was the reason I dropped the demo like a bad habit - slow text.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Oh snap, I can get the physical and digital copies of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon for the same price tomorrow (thanks, Amazon Prime).

Any word on what the physical copies might come with?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 19):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario Tennis Ultra Smash - €49.99 / Ł39.99 (November 20)
    Barbie and her Sisters Puppy Rescuer - €29.99 / Ł24.99
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Typoman - €11.49 / Ł8.49 if you downloaded the nindies@home demo, standard price €13.99 / Ł9.99
    Canvaleon - €5.99 / Ł4.99
    Totem Topple - €2.99 / Ł1.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Buy Mario Tennis Ultra Smash on the eShop, get Mario Tennis N64 for free! (Wii U eShop) - ends December 17
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / Ł6.70 until November 26
    Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U eShop) - €15.00/ Ł13.50 until November 26
    Roving Rogue (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / Ł5.39 until November 26
    Rock 'n Racing Off Road DX (Wii U eShop) - €4.95 / Ł4.45 until December 12

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    New Style Boutique 2: Fashion Forward - €39.99 / Ł34.99, includes free theme (November 20)
    Barbie and her Sisters Puppy Rescuer - €29.99 / Ł24.99
    I Love My Pony - €24.99 / Ł14.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
  • All Skills Must Go! - €0.99 / Ł0.89
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Johnny's Payday Panic - €3.99 / Ł2.99
3DS MENU THEMES (November 20)
    New Style Boutique 2 - Caprice Chalet - €1.99 / Ł1.79
    New Style Boutique 2 - Dressed Up - €1.99 / Ł1.79
    Zelda Triforce Heroes - Totem Team - €1.99 / Ł1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ? (3DS eShop) - €? / Ł? until ?

NA update (week of November 19):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario Tennis Ultra Smash - $49.99 (November 20)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Typoman - $13.99, 15% off if you downloaded the nindies@home demo
    Lucentek - Activate - $9.99
    Totem Topple - $2.99
    Zacisa's Last Stand (demo)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival (GBA) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U eShop) - $16.99 until November 26
    Roving Rogue (Wii U eShop) - $5.99 until November 26
    Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (Wii U) - "on sale" from November 24-December 1
    Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 from November 25-December 2
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (Wii U eShop) - $2.99 from November 25-December 2
    The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure (Wii U eShop) - $2.99 from November 25-December 2
    Amazing Spiderman 2 (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" from November 25-December 4

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - $39.99 (November 20, includes free theme until December 6)
    I Love My Pony - $24.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Family Fishing - $5.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    Sega Saturn - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (3DS) - $29.99 until November 23
    Cooking Mama 5 (3DS) - "on sale" from November 23-30
    Aeternoblade (3DS eShop) - $7.99 until November 30
    Etrian Odyssey Untold (3DS) - $9.99 until November 30
    Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 (3DS) - $39.99 until November 30
    A-Train: City Simulator 3D (3DS eShop) - "on sale" from November 24-December 1
    Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (3DS) - "on sale" from November 24-December 1
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - "on sale" from November 25-December 2
    Bugs vs. Tanks (3DS eShop) - "on sale" from November 25-December 2
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (3DS eShop) - $2.99 from November 25-December 2
    The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure (3DS eShop) - $2.99 from November 25-December 2
    Amazing Spiderman 2 (3DS eShop) - "on sale" from November 25-December 4

NOA is bad at listing sales and sales prices but I'm guessing all the Level-5 Guild games are on sale, all the Natsume stuff, lots of Activision shovelware, etc.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Spacebump posted:

I just saw they are going to charge $10 each for Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow on 3ds vs. That's ridiculous.

I had a friend who texted me "nintendo is bringing the HEAT" as he watched the direct announce it and I had to loving laugh. these are ports of now-redundant games from a decade ago. Google "problem with gen 1" and you'll see that big graphic about how hilariously broken and poorly made the originals were.

Also Street Fighter GBA Revival is actually pretty good if only because it lets you activate an "easy mode" for special moves if the control pad is too wonky for you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's just, like, part of the charm, man

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If you don't want them, don't buy them.

I, on the other hand, will be playing through Red again like I am a small child.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

I had a friend who texted me "nintendo is bringing the HEAT" as he watched the direct announce it and I had to loving laugh. these are ports of now-redundant games from a decade ago. Google "problem with gen 1" and you'll see that big graphic about how hilariously broken and poorly made the originals were.

Also Street Fighter GBA Revival is actually pretty good if only because it lets you activate an "easy mode" for special moves if the control pad is too wonky for you.

Durr

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

jivjov posted:

I, on the other hand, will be playing through Red again like I am a small child.

This is me, but with Blue.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MinibarMatchman posted:

You have no joy in your life

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Does it let you speed up the text? That was the reason I dropped the demo like a bad habit - slow text.

That I don't know. The slow text didn't bother me as much, but yeah now that you mention it, that was annoying too!

I really liked Companion Mode, though. Any time I wanted, I could make the game into The Adventures of Archie the Archeops, and it was awesome.

jivjov posted:

If you don't want them, don't buy them.

Red, and probably Yellow too. Gen 1 was a broken mess but that doesn't stop me from liking the games!

(The newer ones are miles, miles better, though.)

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Red and Yellow would be incredible sources of nostalgia, and Gold remains my favorite in the series (Heart Gold, now) but I doubt I'll play them through again. Going back to anything without Running Shoes and no auto-bike is just torture.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zero Mission, Zero Mission, Zero Mission.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Red and Yellow would be incredible sources of nostalgia, and Gold remains my favorite in the series (Heart Gold, now) but I doubt I'll play them through again. Going back to anything without Running Shoes and no auto-bike is just torture.

not to mention having only one of each TM and going in and out of loving menus to use HMs. if that gives you joy then by all means knock yourself out but the QoL improvements on the current ones make it hard to go back to games where the pacing is painfully slow. It;s nice they include Yellow though, giving you all 3 starters close to the beginning was a big thing that never really got repeated in any other iterations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I am excited to play Pokemon Blue for the first time ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

I am excited to play Pokemon Blue for the first time ever

It's really good

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Man I know Gen 1 is buggy but what's with the idea that they'll scar you for life for looking at them. Just earlier goons were saying the games would never see the light of day again because it would tarnish the brand. It's an old video game not a covered up warcrime.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shockingly the people with a lot of nostalgia for Pokemon Red and Blue are not people who cared that they were not the best-made games in the world.

mycot posted:

Man I know Gen 1 is buggy but what's with the idea that they'll scar you for life for looking at them. Just earlier goons were saying the games would never see the light of day again because it would tarnish the brand. It's an old video game not a covered up warcrime.

The vast majority of this is from people who pay more attention to Pokemon mechanics than 90% of the fanbase. The games encourage that but I think they don't quite get that most people who play Pokemon don't know half this poo poo is even a thing

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

They've got my favorite Pokemen in them.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Shockingly the people with a lot of nostalgia for Pokemon Red and Blue are not people who cared that they were not the best-made games in the world.

The vast majority of this is from people who pay more attention to Pokemon mechanics than 90% of the fanbase. The games encourage that but I think they don't quite get that most people who play Pokemon don't know half this poo poo is even a thing

There's only one EV I care about

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want to play Red specifically because it is a buggy mess.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

How much cognitive dissonance does it take to poo poo on a Pokémon re-release and then champion a completely unnecessary port of Super Turbo?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Holy poo poo, if you don't buy Etrian Odyssey Untold for $10 you're a loving fool.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Red and Blue are great fun if you just embrace the fact that they are buggy messes and exploit the hell out of the terrible coding. Like in that one LP where the guy got Persian to do critical attacks 100% of the time with minimal effort

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

codenameFANGIO posted:

Holy poo poo, if you don't buy Etrian Odyssey Untold for $10 you're a loving fool.

Oh dang I didn't even notice that. I'm too used to "on sale".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd like to see all you clowns calling the code bad program your own Pokemon game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Zero Mission, Zero Mission, Zero Mission.

I want all the GBA-era Metroids and Castlevanias. Give me Fusion. :(

codenameFANGIO posted:

:rip: PAL store. :(

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FanaticalMilk posted:

How much cognitive dissonance does it take to poo poo on a Pokémon re-release and then champion a completely unnecessary port of Super Turbo?

I think you're taking this a little too hard bro

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

I'd like to see all you clowns calling the code bad program your own Pokemon game.

I did it's called digimon AMA.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

MinibarMatchman posted:

I think you're taking this a little too hard bro

You're an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

codenameFANGIO posted:

I've never played an Etrian Odyssey game but might be interested for that price. Do I really have to draw my own stupid map or is there an auto-complete setting for that?