Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Never played TNA, but played the same engine based AAA game. It was janktastic, but also fantastic. Fighting for the title of Senor Mega-Championship was the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

coconono posted:

I remember the TNA game having great models and good animations but everything else was terrible. like how did this get out of QA phase terrible.
The TNA game was developed by an on-their-last-legs Midway using Unreal Engine 3, which they'd already put through its paces a good deal on games like Stranglehold. They had the skills to make it look great, but not the time or money to make the actual game bit not suck.

So, pretty fitting, then.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Still no word when 2K16 DLC is coming? I think usually its starts at the end of November.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It's really funny booting up a 90s-era WCW mod in TEW and trying to wrangle it's huge roster. There are always like 30 guys I had no idea were even in WCW, and a ton of big names I barely remember being used.

It's a pretty true-to-life experience of trying to manage the bloated excess of WCW.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wcw's "bloated" roster is like 80% of the reason it was good

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

epitasis posted:

wcw's "bloated" roster is like 80% of the reason it was good

Oh yeah I'm not complaining. It's fun to book WCW for a while because you have so much talent that they never actually took advantage of in real life

Edit: I love when you load a mod and the stats are set up in a way where, for example, "Cowboy" Bob Orton can't pull off a Cowboy gimmick.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 19, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OK, I haven't had much difficulty finding matches in 2k16, but I have found two annoying things with playing pubbies in ranked: OP CAWs, which I suppose is always a risk or you'll get them bitching about not being able to use their max stamina/5 reversal/springboard/superheavy guy; and guys who care so much about getting a win on their W/L sheet that they'll just stand outside to the 9 count, until you chase and then spam their fastest move until you're down long enough that they can get the count out win.

On the other hand, I just had a really epic one with a dude playing as Ministry Taker, and I was demon Balor. He reversed the Bloody Sunday and the Coup de Grace about 3 times, and I countered the chokeslam more than that, as well as a handful of nicely clutch reversals into the slingblade and Pele kick, and kicked out of 2 tombstones at 2.999. Third tombstone was too much for the demon king, sadly.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I don't know how you guys can torture yourself playing online. I bet it's great if you have some trusted friends, but pubbies must be hell. It's interesting to see human tactics in each game, this year being stomp-attacks-to-waste-reversals.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

simosimo posted:

I don't know how you guys can torture yourself playing online. I bet it's great if you have some trusted friends, but pubbies must be hell. It's interesting to see human tactics in each game, this year being stomp-attacks-to-waste-reversals.

That tactic is actually balanced around. If you try and do more than 3 stomps or moves on a prone opponent, they automatically counter without using a charge.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I've never shopped on Black Friday weekend before, so I have a dumb question: if I want to pick up a cheap copy of 2k16 from Amazon or Best Buy's site during that weekend, will it be like a flash sale deal where I ought to be up at 6 AM on Friday with my credit card in hand? Or will it last the whole day/weekend?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Gaz-L posted:

That tactic is actually balanced around. If you try and do more than 3 stomps or moves on a prone opponent, they automatically counter without using a charge.

Oh that's cool, I always thought the AI always reversed after 3 'just cause'. I do love that they made floor stomps much quicker this year, very satisfying addition.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

Jenny Angel posted:

I've never shopped on Black Friday weekend before, so I have a dumb question: if I want to pick up a cheap copy of 2k16 from Amazon or Best Buy's site during that weekend, will it be like a flash sale deal where I ought to be up at 6 AM on Friday with my credit card in hand? Or will it last the whole day/weekend?

I think alot of the online sale happen on Monday.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jenny Angel posted:

Amazon usually does a lightning deal at a specific time, and you have to add them to your cart before someone else does, and you get 15 minutes or so to check out.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The Terminator (2) is the 2017 KOTR after a simulated gauntlet that saw him defeat Apollo Crews in the final (Hideo vs. Crews and Nakamura vs. Terminator were the semis). It's confusing, strange and wonderful that they refer to Arnold and his stint as CA governor while also keeping kayfabe with his status as an unstoppable robot from the future. That's a reality era I can get behind.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Rumor is that Spike is dropping another Fire Pro Wrestling on Nintendo NX. :circlefap:

Take all my money, Nintendo. I'm used to buying your systems for like 2 games anyway.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Dishwasher posted:

Rumor is that Spike is dropping another Fire Pro Wrestling on Nintendo NX. :circlefap:

Take all my money, Nintendo. I'm used to buying your systems for like 2 games anyway.

Will we be able to import our Xbox 360 avatars from the last game??

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
i just hope their new game goes with something other than the Miis. Just give me the 2D sprites.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Everything I'm hearing from FPArena and some of the more trustworthy members of the community say its a legit edition with the 2D sprites. :flashfap:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is it still going to have drunk characters with enormous bodies? Because that's how FPR describes Scott Hall and that's fantastic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what is the nintendo nx

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The WiiNu.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Dishwasher posted:

Everything I'm hearing from FPArena and some of the more trustworthy members of the community say its a legit edition with the 2D sprites. :flashfap:

Finally, after like 9 years, a wrestling game worth getting excited about.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

minoru suzuki posted:

what is the nintendo nx

nintendo mobile games

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Dishwasher posted:

Spike needs to port that poo poo to the PC and watch it rain. :homebrew:

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
well poo poo lets get this train rolling. I'm eagerly awaiting the additions of multi team and a royal rumble match types.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

electric funeral posted:

Finally, after like 9 years, a wrestling game worth getting excited about.

Indeed friend. Every new WWE game I play every year is 'ok'. 2k16 is even 'pretty ok'. Maybe even as good as King of Collosseum. But every year I get annoyed at various issues either in glitches or match pacing and just ask myself why I'm not just playing FPR with an updated roster file for the year as it just hasn't been topped yet. The perfect sim. Wrestling Madden, if yew wiiiiill.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i remember fire pro hd i will not be fooled again especially not for no cell phone toilet game

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Dishwasher posted:

I'm not weighing on this because I'm preparing for either outcome.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
bee tee dubs, first 2k16 DLC is out tomorrow (or like 20 minutes from when I'm posting) and... it's the move pack :geno:. I just wanna play as Samoa Joe, Fujinami and Madusa, 2K. Is that so hard?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

bee tee dubs, first 2k16 DLC is out tomorrow (or like 20 minutes from when I'm posting) and... it's the move pack :geno:. I just wanna play as Samoa Joe, Fujinami and Madusa, 2K. Is that so hard?

Has 2K actually confirmed that you can play as the HOF outside of their HOF showcase?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Has 2K actually confirmed that you can play as the HOF outside of their HOF showcase?

I'm not sure, but I don't think there's anyone in the Austin one that's not playable in some form, bar the replacement for Tyson in the Michaels WM match.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

I'm not sure, but I don't think there's anyone in the Austin one that's not playable in some form, bar the replacement for Tyson in the Michaels WM match.

Remember, last year they gave us non-playable Sid.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ok, moves downloaded. Most notable one they hadn't spoiled? Nakamura's vibrating corner stomp thing.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

All of the new non double team moves. Lots of great NJPW stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVsP8pgxots

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Still weird they didn't put the apron powerbomb spot in as an OMG, considering how much care they've put into KO's moveset.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lotta ricochet moves
also lol they just called the sick kick the sick kick
trevor lee's standing stomp
oh that pentagon jr package fisherman driver i forgot the name of. last falconry?
goto's finish
aforementioned shinsuke vibration )dumb move)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ZSJ has his bridging pin as dlc move in the quick pin area. Package Piledriver and superkick is a DLC tag move as well

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I also found out today that the Terminator (T1) has the actual Burning Hammer as a finisher, or as close as they'll get to it at least. None of that reverse AA poo poo, you drop dudes on their heads.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

cool they added Shibata's PK combo, because trying to make him as a CAW using the default moves list loving sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
2k16 is on sale for Gold members on Xbox One. $45 for base game, $60 for game and all DLC (including the MyPlayer career boost).

The base game is going to be $30 - $35 at several stores on Black Friday, but I'm willing to pay a $10 premium to avoid Black Friday bullshit and have a digital copy.