Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

Loiosh posted:

I've already said where it will be in the past. Just look in my post history. Also that I'll update here when it happens :)

Thank you. Clicking the "?" under your profile is too much effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sappo569 posted:

omg the camera cuts are too much

Early days.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

What the hells going on in this stream. Production wise, a disaster. This is really uncomfortable. I'm turning this off.

EDIT: Nice black hole image it just dropped too.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Talk about german efficiency. They done their part in like 10 seconds.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ben looks really uncomfortable.

Also, whoever is doing the live editing can't edit for poo poo. lol

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

All the teams got told to smile and clap alot or 'else'

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The Austin studio looks so loving sparse and vacant.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm the dev wearing a biker jacket trying to look hardcore

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

All of their language is like this. It's always just around the corner, just ahead. It has to be deliberate at this point.

Once I watched one of their weekly shows and it was noting two fat men saying "when it's ready" at the twitch chat.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Loiosh posted:

I'll have to dig through when I'm home. I've been watching the chat to keep up on the changes that kinda slip through, so I'll take a look and source those for you. I could be incorrect on my memory and those could just be ideas I was thinking of as ways to solve it.

Loiosh, you seem to follow all the videos and notices and stuff that CIG produces and well, how can you do it? Like, I can't take more than 2 or so minutes of fatso #1&2 talking (and lying) awkwardly while MONEY listens on the back and some sort of harpy is swooping around.

Loiosh posted:

I'm not saying all players will be that way, but I think there's a pretty good chance that someone throwing down $2,500 3 years before a game comes out knows that it is a donation for development, not a promise that all life in the game will be easy because they have a 15 person crew ship at the start.

AHAHA! If you define pretty good chance as the same chance as winning the lotto.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Sandy u mad?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
It Begins:

OPENING: Chris, Ben and Sandi are sitting at a table. Sandi is tatted up again so she's apparently had a callback on that audition.

Ben is asked to lay out the agenda for the presentation-- after Chris jokes about a prior livestream where he and Ben took a nap and came back and found out they'd raised half a million while they slept. Ben is recounting the events of the year-- SQ42 Mo-Cap and blah blah, Chris jumps in to go maximum verbosity on the big successes of the year (German office additions, employ counts, Austin delivering the Baby Stage of the PU, and everyone "hitting on all cylinders now" so that "everything is worth the wait!"

A Pre-Edited video begins, which is a victory reel for Foundry 42. They just declared "Happy Birthday" in unison and clapped for twenty minutes for this baby boy turning (ahem) "3".

Now they''ve cut to Germany, where everyone didn't get the memory about the "birthday party" so they instead say "Happy Anniversary". And then they started clapping and the feed died.

Not an omen or anything.

Now we're in Austin and a small team is gathered to also congratulate themselves on their happy birthday. Oh wait they fired everybody and so now there's just three guys on camera. Seems like Jason H, Tony Z and Mark are going to tell us about the big year for Austin (probably without mentioning the bloodbath.) They talk about stuff "they can't wait to show us"... Now Tony starts talking so I'm going to go take a crap because the dude talks every more than Chris once he gets started.

---

Okay, so Tony is still talking but I'm two pounds lighter. There's a discussion about the job economy and space cooties being upcoming features in the PU. Now we're back to Santa Monica's dimly lit desk and Randy Vazquez and that bearded black fedora dude are going to talk about the Crucible. Ben is explaining the upcoming repair mechanic that isn't yet working but will be after it has been repaired.

Okay now they're showing off space pixels in a purple nebula - camera keeps switching between art but if there's a theme here it's purple space with with a hook-em-horns shaped spacepixel thingy. And lengthy discussion of how the repair system will work for this ship that won't be released in game for at least two years. Randyjust mentioned space tugboats and Fedora guy is nodding like that's exciting.

We're still looking at the painting. Ben just said you could "open the clam shell doors" and likened it to the space shuttle. Oh crap he's talking about the history of the space shuttle and he just said "orbital tug" and now we're going to look at other pictures. Once Fedora guy stops belaboring upcoming features like "flying up to who you need to help and getting it into place". Randy is talking about the engines the flip and sandi looks bored out of her mind while she fakes excitement.

Ben popped up the ship art again and likened it to a Rotating Restaurant. For some reason.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 19, 2015

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Happy Birthday for a game not out yet woooohooo!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Holy poo poo they're just running into verbal diarrhea already

And haven't shown anything

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Sappo569 posted:

I'm the dev wearing a biker jacket trying to look hardcore

Sleeveless leather baby. SPREAD IT ON.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
"I love Nyx, it's my favorite landing zone so far."

Second landing zone they've done.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Austin studio looks so loving sparse and vacant.

It does

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hey well, Tony Z hasn't quit yet. That's... something?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

if they had a cool trailer they would've showed it right at the start

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
This is amazing gameplay footage.

People just standing around talking is what this game is all about.

:munch:

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.
Can we just listen to Tony Z and the rest of these guys for the remaining three hours instead of having to go back to Ben/Sandi/Chris?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Mr.Tophat posted:

This is amazing gameplay footage.

People just standing around talking is what this game is all about.

:munch:

You're gonna get space jobs to show mom you're not a worthless neet

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Oh gently caress now they have the poker card guy on stream too

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
SHIPS

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh gently caress guys a new ship

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
:siren: oh sweet they are talking about the new jpeg now :siren:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

i'm starting to think they can't actually cut to ship jpegs on the stream

e: nm

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

lol an artists rendition of what ship they're talking about

not even a model mock up

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I wonder if Razer paid for product placement (and if they're getting their money's worth by parking the laptop in front of :lesnick:)

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Berious posted:

:siren: oh sweet they are talking about the new jpeg now :siren:

*sounds of wallets being opened*

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
Wallpaper Simulator

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

HexDog posted:

*sounds of wallets being opened*

Velcro wallets

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Yay new concept art! I was worried they might have worked on the game lately.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Where's derek smart

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They don't even have a model for the new ship?

But now you can spend a lot of money on a JPEG that will repair other JPEGs

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Dude with a fedora, neckbeard AND a ponytail telling us about this exciting new jpeg

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ugh ok lets spend 10 minutes just talking about the tedium we want to introduce for this new jpeg for sale

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008
Repairing in space: An entirely new game mechanic, which has nothing to do with the core gameplay. What a surprise :monocle:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sappo569 posted:

Ugh ok lets spend 10 minutes just talking about the tedium we want to introduce for this new jpeg for sale

gently caress YOU THE NEW SHIP IS MODULAR THE MOST MODULAR EVER! MODULES! MODULES! MODULES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"If you take a look at this picture you'll see that it's pretty modular"

• Locked thread