Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

"Eeeeh enough of that let's look at some more pictures" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

On the plus side the twitch chat is almost 90% toxic comments, feels good man

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty Modular: You have to buy more JPEGs for your JPEG

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

This isn't so bad if you pretend the full game is out and they are just releasing new content for a game that exists.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Fedora...neckbeard...AND pony-tail

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/crucible/Anvil-Crucible

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/p52-merlin/P-72-Archimedes

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/aegis-avenger/Titan-Module

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Ben actually has trouble speaking now...he nearly panted this time when finished talking..

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sappo569 posted:

I'm in on BadNewsBaron's channel, and they are all fanboi's salivating over it.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

HexDog posted:

This isn't so bad if you pretend the full game is out and they are just releasing new content for a game that exists.

What do you mean I can't imagine cool space battles if I haven't purchased the relevant ships now can I?

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
He just said some guy would find it "fun to build" due to its complex cockpit/engine stuff. So are they basically admitting there is no modelling work done on it yet?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
"We're incredibly lucky that he'll take our money."

Ryan Church. Elite tier JPEG manufacturer.

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

He just said some guy would find it "fun to build" due to its complex cockpit/engine stuff. So are they basically admitting there is no modelling work done on it yet?

Of course not.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/p52-merlin/P-72-Archimedes#buying-options

I guess they gave up on making the P-72 look different from the P-52 because that's the same loving model.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

They don't have poo poo!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

trucutru posted:

They don't even have a model for the new ship?

But now you can spend a lot of money on a JPEG that will repair other JPEGs

I don't think they've modeled the last POTATO jpeg yet and that was a single seat fighter. Something big with novel mechanics will be years out

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Another 500$ per space whale..C:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

is this new?

The 'suggested pledge' part at the top, trying to imply you have the ability to spend less / more than the $350 now?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Loiosh, how can you support this circus in any way lmao

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Maybe they can release an art book to sell since that's all they have atm.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

i am going to buy the chair jpeg

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

So wait, did Derek ever post the ship name hashes or whatever?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sappo569 posted:

The 'suggested pledge' part at the top, trying to imply you have the ability to spend less / more than the $350 now?

You cannot spend less but you can buy multiple copies. In case you need to repair the repairer

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

If they released an art book and shipped some D20's and other dice with it, that could be the game.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sappo569 posted:

I was ignoring chat because it moves so fast so thanks for pointing that out. Pretty funny stuff.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

hey look they do have a model... wait... it looks like a half life 2 map that I made when I was 13

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Beautiful Crucible in-engine model!

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

rofl, this is...uh embarassing.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HexDog posted:

If they released an art book and shipped some D20's and other dice with it, that could be the game.

Chris' vision requires D23's, D47's and the like. They can be yours for $100 bucks

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
is the Archimedes limited time only?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

lol i just remembered that the price for elite dangerous plus lifetime future expansions and beta accesses... $100

or a fascism aerospace industries spesship for $350

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Are they showing Space Engineers with mods? That's what it looks like.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
They have a mock up of the jpeg that looks like it was knocked up in Minecraft

It took a week to make apparently

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Just got banned from the twitch chat for this:

'Wait, guys, guys, look at how many times one of these fellows is blinking. It's...morse code! Spellls out...S...C...A...M! Now, will Sandi pick up on this and kill them? Will the torture of good honest hard working game developers trying to pry money from our hands ever end? TUNE IN, IN TWO WEEKS!'

Star Citizen is amazing, this is all amazing.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008
This is sad, I'd like the concept art back :smith:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I love that they launched straight into the goddamn sale with a 10 minute preamble. No gameplay, no release. Just straight up sale.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Why is Sandi dressed like a gangland eskimo? Is the new office freezing or something?

It's interesting doing this without a crowd. When you can't count on an explosion of applause for every piece of Ryan Church art or helmet flip, the awkwardness really fills the silence.

Oh crap Randy is going to talk even more about the Crucible.

NOTE TO SANDI: A little Lando goes a long way, and Ship Shape is a lot less fun with Lando as host. Put Cherie or someone a little more fun in this job so viewers can pretend women find their morbidly depressing hobby exciting and fun.

drat THEIR HARD DRIVE IS SO LOUD I THOUGHT MY OWN PC WAS OVERHEATING.

This doesn't feel like a momentous year end show- it feels like an even more boring episode of "Around the Verse". The most interesting thing going on right now is their PC sounds like it's about to explode.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Berious posted:

They have a mock up of the jpeg that looks like it was knocked up in Minecraft

It took a week to make apparently

Early days.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

350$ (+tax +currency exchange fuckery etc etc for some people)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dante80 posted:

350$ (+tax +currency exchange fuckery etc etc for some people)

Why are they showing a minecraft level?

TWITCH COMMENT: CRAPY29 "I WISH I COULD SKIP THIS."

Don't we all.

TWITCH'S TAKE ON THIS:

luffsipluffsidoo: Where is the flying stripper factory?

FKProds: Don't dismiss everything as trolling, it's not like they're showing anything impressive, and the organisation of the stream is atrocious.

Javelinmyrm: They really shouldn't show this early of a development stage of anything, 90% of people do not understand the steps involved in creating any digital content. I say that as a working game industry 3d artist.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 19, 2015

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

MAMA Luigi??!

Is this all? No gameplay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I can clearly visualize all the sweet poo poo they are talking about! That ship is going to be loving great!

Like, you can get to multiple parts of the ship in multiple ways? rear end in a top hat blocking the central elevator? Use the second elevator!

• Locked thread