Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn, Mark had a better intro as Cock-knocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

So this is basically an interview with a movie director now about his new upcoming movie.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSXcdvd-ME

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the changes we'll see in alpha and beta are going to chip away at some of the features and then just release the movie

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
I wonder if we can get the stream banned from Twitch for not showing gameplay.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Wait a minute, I just looked at this. It looks like once again a ship is being put out that adds even more things they'll need to develop in the finished game. That ship apparently has two mini-games built in. One to move a repair arm (whatever that entails) and one to choose materials to craft/repair with.

It's no drink mixing minigame, but yeah for even more scope creep.

Hahahahahaha

This is all the proof you need to know this pile of poo poo is never coming out.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"Squadron 42 is really the quest for your approval from your disapproving father." -- oh crap that sounds exciting. Daddy issues... IN SPAAAAAAAAACE!!!!

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
He actually said the word "movie".

We are through the looking glass people.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol Chris talking plot points to a video game

anyone that bought into this thinking of playing a game, hearing a guy talking about the sweet story and filming going on in cut-scenes

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

Have they ever addressed why Chris always wears a wedding ring but Sandi never does?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Just to be clear, it's been about an hour and they haven't actually showed ANY gameplay yet, right?

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

We get to pick who we talk to in the game?

PC GAMING HAS BEEN SAVED

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Solvency posted:

I wonder if we can get the stream banned from Twitch for not showing gameplay.

reported no gameplay / no music

"Not showing any gameplay, trying to sell a product"

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

RuckusRouser posted:

Have they ever addressed why Chris always wears a wedding ring but Sandi never does?

One of Sandi's role is to look available to nerds who spend money

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

CHRIS: "Things happen in our story. They will be traumatic. You lose people."

Wait is he talking about Squadron 42 or life at CIG?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Just to be clear, it's been about an hour and they haven't actually showed ANY gameplay yet, right?

Early days.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Supposedly abuse will be investigated by a GM.

There's no way this T20 can go wrong.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm more happy than ever I got my money back from this travesty.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

They will definitely show gameplay today. And also might release 2.0.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
Secondary cast being Gillian loving Anderson. Unreal.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

Hahahahahaha

This is all the proof you need to know this pile of poo poo is never coming out.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
I'm looking forward to a game where NPCs can't die until their scripted death mission.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hav posted:

There's no way this T20 can go wrong.

Out of all the problems CIG is facing "GMs potentially abusing their authority" barely registers.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

I can't wait to purchase the new "502 Bad Gateway". Sounds like the ideal pirate ship to me.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

I would like an explanation as to why Chris has his ComicCon name card on the desk, which is at least 5 months old.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

They actually are unironically excited and proud that they're retreading Mass Effect 1 territory, only the player has daddy issues instead of a badass.

OH NO CHRIS IS GOING TO TAKE QUESTIONS FROM TWITCH CHAT! They just made this worse than the former episode of "Around the Verse" by turning it into "Reverse the Verse".

Now Chris is telling a story about how Mark Hamill's daughter lost her first tooth on the set of Wing Commander-- AND NOW SHE'S HIS PUBLICIST!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I'm really excited about this movie Chris is making and I'm happy for him but can we go back to talking about the game?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
SHARING SOME INFORMATION WITH YOU

Incredible. This is all too much.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Daztek posted:

i don't think they're even trying to scam people on purpose, they're just really really really bad at everything :smith:

No I'm pretty sure the whole "Lets keep making stupid jpeg ships with even more insane systems that we will never be able to implement to fund the previous poo poo we promised that we are super late on delivering actually happen" isn't incompetence, its actively malicious. Like yes it might have started as incompetence, but right now every new ship they announce with an even more convoluted mini game is a scam.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dante80 posted:

They will definitely show gameplay today. And also might release 2.0.

They said they are saving some new important news about it until the end of the stream.

So 2 hours of sales pitch, 5 mins of actual information.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Upon asked about 2.0: "At the end of this stream we'll be sharing some information with you."

Chris is pissed that nobody gives a poo poo about him hobnobbing with actors.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So this is it huh....this is the moment the tide turns?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
No one wants to ask about mark or sq42

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

Secondary cast being Gillian loving Anderson. Unreal.

Gillian Anderson is alright, she is no Sandi Gardiner though.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
Oh for gently caress's sake! Nononono, we aren't taking questions about the game right now, just about Mark. The question is 'Is it fun working with Mark?'.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

7 movie scripts guys

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So Imagine you need some repair and pay for silicarbide tetraweave but they use ti-a titanium instead? gently caress!

Anyways, it's painfully obvious that Chris is only excited about the movie.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Not watching the stream, but from what I read here it appears no one has to do anything and this company will implode like a dead star, leaving a black hole for all still involved. Derek, there is really no point in wasting more of your money and the thousands of hours you have poured over a non-existent game. Bootcha got out in the nick of time. Set yourself free Derek.

• Locked thread