Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
I really thought this time around they'd have enough gameplay that they wouldn't need this much filler. I thought this. I even expected they'd release 2.0.

Why did I think these things? There's no reason for me to think these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Madcosby posted:

I asked how derek smart's dick tastes and got banned

this is bullshit sorry i didnt phrase it in the form of a movie question

You should have asked...is Fifty shades of Derek a good movie?

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

DarkRefreshment posted:

Most important stream of the year for a 95+ million game and all the production value of high school morning announcements feed

Yup. The only funding used for this is the subscriber income. None of this comes out of the donations. You get what you pay for, basically.

Those mics being on the table is driving me crazy. They need to be mounted on arms or stands to isolate them from people hitting the tables. This is why I bought my friend one of these:

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Sappo569 posted:

A little harsh

The best community in the Verse!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Nomenclature posted:

It's that Mark Hamill is able to take a POS script and no direction and still be awesome despite them.
That is true. He seems to at least be bringing more to this than Oldman.

I like Hamill but I don't think even a guy with his likability is going to be able to make Robert's and Haddock's brainchild turd fly.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

gotta go sleep... hi/lo for the next few hours?

I'm thinking it will quickly drop off after a small spike, so maybe 70-80k then down to 50... 30... petering off into the mid 20's after that

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

we don't really yet kinda know how the PU and SQ42 are going to interact maybe :downs:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone asked how much Gary Oldman costs.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Reddit post: "I just ordered my mousepad and it's already late!"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think it was two years ago I suggested CIG use that really neato keen forum system they have to ask and manage questions instead of the livestream chat spam. Glad to see they're sticking with what works.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Well...I wasn't the only curious one.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008
CR about SQ42: Can't remember the last name of the trilogy...

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

MrDorf posted:

Someone ask if you're able to skip cutscenes in SQ42.

Also anyone else find it ironic that just as Chris-R makes plain his intention to get back into making movies the cinematography of this liveshoot appears to be done by Abraham Zapruder?

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It blows my mind that this guy that DESPERATELY wants to be a director and control every aspect of a production is somehow seen as the chosen one to bring forth the greatest open-world user experience ever conceived.

The cognitive dissonance in this community is amazing.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002
I am amazed at how horrible this actually is.

Exceeding expectations!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
When asked about customizing loadout: "They're still working on the design document."

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

blueberrysmith posted:

Well...I wasn't the only curious one.

That was literally the question I keep trying to ask.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Jesus Chris is boring to listen to

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When asked about customizing loadout: "They're still working on the design document."

"Right around the corner!"

Sweet jesus am I glad I'm out.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
First person for cut scenes, we may do 1st and 3rd for the gameplay (shrugs shoulders). $92 million.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Oh good more questions about THE loving ACTING.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

CHRIS: "How has Mark changed his acting style since working with him on Wing Commander?"

Chris is choosing questions about the movie he's making and the people he's making it with, not the game he's making. How telling.

Wait- now we're watching ANOTHER INTERVIEW WITH MARK?

Oh it's Sandi's turn to shine!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It'll be in, but as to what components will be of, that's always an important discussion. Just three pages ago we had someone chewing CIG out over not having a complete document over insurance, and here we are chewing them out for taking the time to design loadouts. No winning.

They would have loadouts, they've already introduced a few component examples, but it's important to balance those out so that you don't have what happened to CoD: Ghosts. I actually like the BLOPS III style of building where you can sacrifice components to get traits. So if you never use a secondary, you can switch that out.

I hope they put a lot of thought into loadouts.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

HAHAHAHA!

randomcommoner
Sep 6, 2006
it's a-me
Even their loving ads for the game look like movie ads.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Sandi has zero charisma. Like none.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Someone ask if they're going to release a "trailer" for SQ42 prior to release.

Chances are he'll actually bite on that one. The more he talks about this like it's a movie the deeper the hole gets.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

How many hours of this horseshit is dedicated to slobbing Mark Hamills knob. Still pretty much zero gameplay has been shown.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Thank you for this.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Sandi interviewing an actor about a movie reminds me of that poo poo you turn off immediately in the back of cabs

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Oh wait they're breaking the news that Mark Hamill is in this game!

BanjoFish
Nov 24, 2007
No one cares about NDA bullshit. Great interview Sandy.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Have they shown anything other than movie stuff and jpegs?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Mark Hamill: Its (really great to participate in ~ or sth) SW...
Sandi: SC..or Sq42..

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Bootcha posted:

Wait till the end.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Bootcha posted:

I feel like this question is rhetorical.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Bootcha posted:

Not in the hour or so that I watched. Not really even that, mostly it was just Chris talking and waving his hands. I've got actual work to do so I'm wandering off- I'll be back if anything interesting pops up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Bootcha posted:

Nooooope.

• Locked thread