Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, I had to go out for 20 minutes to get some nachos to better enjoy this. Did I miss many gameplay news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

post link to this crapshow pls.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
LOL Mark Hamill is terrified of Sandi.

Loiosh posted:

It'll be in, but as to what components will be of, that's always an important discussion. Just three pages ago we had someone chewing CIG out over not having a complete document over insurance, and here we are chewing them out for taking the time to design loadouts. No winning.

They would have loadouts, they've already introduced a few component examples, but it's important to balance those out so that you don't have what happened to CoD: Ghosts. I actually like the BLOPS III style of building where you can sacrifice components to get traits. So if you never use a secondary, you can switch that out.

I hope they put a lot of thought into loadouts.

A design document is not about balancing. It's about the core gameplay. CIG doesn't even present that. In fact this entire livestream about a supposed game has been nothing but CIG jerking off about mocap and Mark Hamill. Where's the loving game? Where are people flying starships and shooting each other?

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Bootcha posted:

Have they shown anything other than movie stuff and jpegs?

They showed off the current (1 week) whitebox of the new jpeg, the barely built internals and the external untextured model. Next up is AC 2 stuff after they finish fapping about the movie stuff for SQ42.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Bootcha posted:

Nothing yet, chris hinted at some 2 weeks news as the end to keep us hooked on his lovely movie stuff

Grimquestioner
Feb 15, 2010

SO GOOD
Can she not hold her head straight? It's really disorienting compared to Hamill sitting up straight like a normal person.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

post link to this crapshow pls.

http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When asked about customizing loadout: "They're still working on the design document."

This is amazing. They're trying to design a whole campaign and they still haven't pinned down their core gameplay features. From working on Freespace Open campaigns, I can tell you that poo poo doesn't work. You can't design interesting missions if you haven't figured out what your ships are capable of.

If this ever gets released, I'm expecting a neverending stream of 3 point patrols.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 19, 2015

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bootcha posted:

Yes. Awkward cuts to people not realizing the camera was live and muttering "So are you going to take the next part?" and a minecraft level they are building of a new spaceship that has a rotating restaurant or something like that.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Tbh Mark hamill could be caught fisting Charlie sheen round the back of Walmart. He is about to appear in the biggest film opening of all time next month with the Force awakens

BanjoFish
Nov 24, 2007
Wow Chris sounds like a great guy to work with. What an awesome dude Chris Robets, guru.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

So far half of this entire stream is either Chris talking about how great and brilliant Mark Hamill is, or Mark Hamill talking about how great and brilliant Chris Roberts is.

OH NO CHRIS IS TAKING EVEN MORE QUESTIONS!!!??!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aesaar posted:

This is amazing. They're trying to design a whole campaign and they still haven't pinned down their core gameplay features. From working on Freespace Open campaigns, I can tell you that poo poo doesn't work. You can't design interesting missions if you haven't figured out what your ships are capable of.

If this ever gets released, I'm expecting a neverending stream of 3 point patrols.

Precisely. They're arranging furniture in a house that doesn't even have a foundation.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
They're going to loving deep dive the mocap bullshit?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
So, since this stream is a bunch of nothing, I'm reading this Ship Repair and Maintenance section again. Their are some good details in here about how things are suppose to work, and the ridiculous detail they will need to develop.

quote:

When your ship takes damage, some of that damage will be transferred from the point of impact on the hull to the nearest system and weapon components. Those components then distribute that damage between itself and whatever Subcomponents are attached inside.
Subcomponents are the various consumables that are used to run or improve a component or system’s behaviour.

In general, component field repairs consist of turning off whichever component is having problems, replacing the broken subcomponents, and turning the component back on. In very large components, like those found on capital ships, there may be multiple actions involved in turning a component on or off, including rerouting power or coolant to other parts of the ship. These actions may also involve the use of on-board ship computers.

Alright, subcomponents. Now where do you get those.

quote:

Module Racks are panels that house the various components used to keep their associative subcomponents running. These can be found on the hull under maintenance hatches in closed-cockpit ships, or internally in the engineering section of larger multi-crew ships.

Depending on the component installed, different types and numbers of subcomponents are required. Each subcomponent is built for quick removal and replacement allowing for field repairs to be carried out as quickly as possible. If a player attempts to remove a subcomponent from a powered component they risk being electrocuted and receiving damage.

So, this is a game mechanic on every single ship apparently.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A design document is not about balancing. It's about the core gameplay. CIG doesn't even present that. In fact this entire livestream about a supposed game has been nothing but CIG jerking off about mocap and Mark Hamill. Where's the loving game? Where are people flying starships and shooting each other?

They've said repeatedly it'll be at the end. I guess we can discuss it then?

As for the design document, that really depends, right? If you're not planning to balance it (Diablo 3's PVP) you don't need to worry about it and can just design without thought, but if you plan to balance it, you need to know the components. You need to know how they will integrate and work together as a cohesive system. Think of IW's internal guide while CoD 4 was under development. They perk/unlock part of MP was not in the initial document.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

A "deep dive" into more of the actor stuff after the questions? Hahahaha this is so amazing.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Whose bedroom are they filming this in?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Where is this game fools!?!?! I don't care about "moral greys". Where's the freaking game!?!

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013
Best question

quote:

Can you skip cutscenes?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I will paste your comments into twitch, please provide them now

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Seriously, someone needs to ask if cutscenes are skippable?

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
So after a month and half of waiting SC offered me less than a third of what I paid as a refund.

The bank and Visa were no help on the chargeback front as they deny anything older than 60 days. Consumer protection my rear end.

Sounds like the only way I'm getting money back is a lawsuit which would undoubtedly cost more than I spent.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What are the chances some of the mainstream gaming sites pick up on this disaster in the next few days? I feel like this is getting into "trainwreck" territory extraordinarily quickly. Two major events with no new major announcements other than opportunities to give more money?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Loiosh posted:

A two hour stream that starts with JPEG selling, moves to an hour of behind the scenes moviemaking and ends with a glimpse on gameplay should tell you something at this point.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dante80 posted:

A two hour stream that starts with JPEG selling, moves to an hour of behind the scenes moviemaking and ends with a glimpse on gameplay should tell you something at this point.

Shits hosed yo

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Matlock Birthmark posted:

So, this is a game mechanic on every single ship apparently.

I'm crossing my fingers that there will be dimensional differences so you have to nip back down to the shop and explain you needed a headlamp bulb for an Aurora LTI 2013 rather than an Aurora.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Dante80 posted:

It tells me Chris really likes the movie stuff. It's like watching an Apple presentation, for me. I just ignore the Macbook stuff and App store jerking until we get to the good poo poo, the phones!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

I'm crossing my fingers that there will be dimensional differences so you have to nip back down to the shop and explain you needed a headlamp bulb for an Aurora LTI 2013 rather than an Aurora.

Personally, I've always wanted to be a tool room attendant..in SPACE!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Congratulations on getting out before this shitshow of a stream, Bootcha. :gary:

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Ask about skipping cut-scenes.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

This guy gets it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Loiosh posted:

As for the design document, that really depends, right? If you're not planning to balance it (Diablo 3's PVP) you don't need to worry about it and can just design without thought, but if you plan to balance it, you need to know the components. You need to know how they will integrate and work together as a cohesive system. Think of IW's internal guide while CoD 4 was under development. They perk/unlock part of MP was not in the initial document.

How can you think it's not utterly absurd that, a year past the original release date, they still don't have basic game mechanics locked down in a design document? Especially a game mechanic as utterly simple and essential as "how will a character determine loadouts in SQ42"?

All they've said is that in the end they "release some information".

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I will paste your comments into twitch, please provide them now

QUESTION FOR CHRIS: WILL THE ANNIVERSARY SHOW START AFTER "10 FOR THE CHAIRMAN" IS DONE?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ChairmanMauzer posted:

So after a month and half of waiting SC offered me less than a third of what I paid as a refund.

The bank and Visa were no help on the chargeback front as they deny anything older than 60 days. Consumer protection my rear end.

Sounds like the only way I'm getting money back is a lawsuit which would undoubtedly cost more than I spent.

Did you ask to escalate with the bank or Visa?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

QUESTION FOR CHRIS: WILL THE ANNIVERSARY SHOW START AFTER "10 FOR THE CHAIRMAN" IS DONE?

Done :v:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
80% of this stream has been monotone Chris talking movie poo poo. Didn't think I'd miss Ben's fat man voice

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SirPhoebos posted:

Did you ask to escalate with the bank or Visa?

Good point. Asking about escalation is viable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

• Locked thread