Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

trucutru posted:

So, is this stream supposed to wow us or something? I am serious here.

Why do I think that parts of this stream will be called 'evidence' in a few years time?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
[QUESTION] Dude seriously have you had a doctor look at your forehead?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wow! that installation must have taken them like six months to build (if SC build times are a good guideline)

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Roberts literally said he is making a movie on stream that's all the evidence you need.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

revmoo posted:

[QUESTION] Dude seriously have you had a doctor look at your forehead?

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

I wish Chris would shut up and let Tracy talk more. That guy is amazing. Chris goes half the rate and 1/10th the content. Just marketing

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Perfekt.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd be willing to put down good money that *if* this comes out, camera/input control will be taken away from you even in the FPS cutscene sections.

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

Dante80 posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15067-AnniVERSEary-Sale-Kickoff
Thursday, November 26th: Mercantile
Constellation Phoenix

Friday, November 27th – Sunday, November 29th: All Previously Offered Ships!

From Friday through Sunday, all ships previously available during this sale will return. Pick up your favorite as soon as it appears, or wait until the finale to make your choice!

People who bought the Constellation Phoenix at a premium on the gray market are going to be mad.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

pube simulation

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

You are a true artist

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SirTagz posted:

I wish Chris would shut up and let Tracy talk more. That guy is amazing. Chris goes half the rate and 1/10th the content. Just marketing

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No this is the first we've really heard about how to repair stuff.

Ha ha really, this is the first they've said about it. If this game was actually coming out I'd be worried about these sorta convoluted messes.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Jiggle bones for the stomach

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Peter can you ask if the Hair Tech will offer Manbuns?

Oh wait it's over. Dammit.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ask if sandi is doing all this acting for cig and other auditions, when does she have time to do her actual job as director of marketing.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

i think im just gonna play eve

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Loiosh posted:

The original Halo was Mac-exclusive. It was based (initially) on the Myth-II engine.

In 2000 it was still an FPS that was heading for Mac and Windows before It was bought as a launch title for the XBox. Myth II was launched in 1998, so the cycle that you describe would have taken around a year, but very probably less considering how long the acquisition of Bungie took. Halo was released in 2001.

trucutru posted:

So, is this stream supposed to wow us or something? I am serious here.

I was expecting something more.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
bens so fat it slurs his words now.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Pretty sure this twitch stream being 100% poo poo is pretty much Sandi's fault because this is her literal job to make sure this isn't crap as director of marketing.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010
Magazines... are relevant? nope

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

Peter can you ask if the Hair Tech will offer Manbuns?

Oh wait it's over. Dammit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Further proof that PC Gamer is no longer about games.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Ooh magazine covers. Exactly what people would be wanting to see on the 3rd anniversary of the GAME they backed.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
even the cultists on his own website are not impressed with this poo poo show. He really has hosed up here, not joking , there will be firings over this with large payouts to prevent tittle tattle

WTFish
May 4, 2009

Jst0rm posted:

bens so fat it slurs his words now.

I've never heard him talk before. It's so....fitting.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Ahahaha "Even more ships!!"

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
It seems to me that CR doesn't understand what made his own games successful. He thinks it was the amazing cutscenes or something, clearly.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

EightAce posted:

even the cultists on his own website are not impressed with this poo poo show. He really has hosed up here, not joking , there will be firings over this with large payouts to prevent tittle tattle

To bad he can't fire sandi for not doing her job as director of marketing.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
It reminds me of the great movie 'The man who would be king' . Tony Z is Peachy and Chris has just shown he is not imortal

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

Ooh magazine covers. Exactly what people would be wanting to see on the 3rd anniversary of the GAME they backed.

The game will release as a movie tie in.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh joy, now they'll talk about Star Citizen. We'll see gameplay now, right?

Oh. Avenger variants instead. Bleh.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
look at his disgusting fat hands

he makes me sick to look at him

holy poo poo

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: EVEN MORE SHIPS! :siren:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Romes128 posted:

Ask if sandi is doing all this acting for cig and other auditions, when does she have time to do her actual job as director of marketing.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Hav posted:

In 2000 it was still an FPS that was heading for Mac and Windows before It was bought as a launch title for the XBox. Myth II was launched in 1998, so the cycle that you describe would have taken around a year, but very probably less considering how long the acquisition of Bungie took. Halo was released in 2001.

Yup, they roll onto work right after the major development on Myth II wrapped. 1999 was the RTS portion, you can find video of them talking about the history of development. It wasn't an FPS [until] 2000. At the Macworld 1999 demo, it was shown as a third person shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2RVje3MyhQ

Edit for some corrections

Loiosh fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Alighieri posted:

i think im just gonna play eve

If you have a Talos and are near Caldari Highsec, I got a plump miner fleet on a 0.5 I'm drooling on currently.
The owner is Russian and whiny.

• Locked thread