Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005
EVEN MORE JPEGS GUYS

Woot thank god Ben is back he's a Charisma Adonis next to Chris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
I'm dying- thank you.

Speaking of dying, Ben is having a Broadcast News moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5xTu6AMxq4

Funding for the second hour just hit $70,847. Up from $33K for the first hour. Uhhhhh.

Either their site is biting the dust or their credibility is. Or both.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 19, 2015

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Ponytail and a fedora. That dude is a sex machine.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I've never watched any of the Star Citizen things before, but I'm watching this live now. It looks exactly like a scam that's on it's last legs and on the most desperate life support.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
and now instead of a fat guy there's a guy in a fedora and ponytail

i can only imagine how terrible that mocap studio will smell

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Vire posted:

To bad he can't fire sandi for not doing her job as director of marketing.

Holy poo poo her neck tat looks terrible. Looks like a rash.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Phoenix owners get ready for a revolutionary ship:

Isn't this the one that Ben said multiple times that he'd seen, and it was awesome and going to be well worth the wait?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

XK posted:

I've never watched any of the Star Citizen things before, but I'm watching this live now. It looks exactly like a scam that's on it's last legs and on the most desperate life support.

I've spot-watched a few, but I've sat through this one and yeah it reeks of desperation.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lol

How are you not banned yet

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

still not banned, man?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

Isn't this the one that Ben said multiple times that he'd seen, and it was awesome and going to be well worth the wait?

Bens opinions are not his own. He's basically a second voice for cr

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

Compare what CIG is doing to show off their entire game to what Frontier does to show off their expansion. It's night and day.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I love how the chat mods just go "ah gently caress it" when Chris isn't watching the rabble tear down his opus

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Romes128 posted:

Bens opinions are not his own. He's basically a second voice for cr

Well yeah but jesus christ that P-72 is the epitome of :effort:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
So much gameplay

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Does anyone else see P_Gabz in chat? I don't and haven't. Shadowban or something?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Sarsapariller posted:

Wait, okay, I know :thejoke: but what actually is suppose to be the difference here?

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
reposting in case Loiosh missed it:

Loiosh posted:

Because I've seen things like this happen before, I just gave you an example of a design that was not part of the original game. I mentioned WoW and the talent system being an accident earlier. Did you know the reason the talents changing classes was an accident because of the Shadow talent tree for Priests? They found during the beta they liked how it changed the design of the class fundamentally that they decided to try rolling it out for the other classes over time (Priests were the tests for a lot of things, which is why they were the only class that got unique racial talents/spells, which they scrapped later).

It's not all that unexpected in game development for things to take awhile to come down the pipe, especially when it's a minor portion of a larger game. FPS loadouts? Not that important to getting AC 2.0 and SQ42 out.

Very important for the FPS module.

Actually, you know, you have a good point. If they were close on the FPS module, you'd expect there to be a document for the loadout system!

So, you've convinced me, that's derpy.

I'm on the team for the Freespace Open campaign Blue Planet. I've watched missions get designed and edited and completely broken by what looked like an apparently minor stats change. There are changes we considered making to ships in the most recent release that we couldn't make because it would break existing missions. I've watched missions get scrapped because it turned out that ships that looked cool and interesting on paper turned out not to be fun to fight or fly in practice. We're struggling with making bomber gameplay fun, and it's been a serious obstacle in our work on act 4.

So I want you to know where I'm coming from when I say this:

You cannot design interesting and fun missions if you don't know exactly what your ships are capable of. You cannot design interesting and fun missions without playtesting the poo poo out of them, and that requires finalized gameplay mechanics. This is true for FSO, and there's no reason it wouldn't be true here. If CIG are designing missions now, they'll almost certainly need to remake them when they finally get around to deciding what their ships can and can't do.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
The Avenger EMP version is apparently the suicide bomber of Star Citizen. If this were a real game, I would be vaguely tempting.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I thought you guys were joking around, but they are literally showing Jpegs on stream.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
CIG is now rushing ships to the hangar.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Wait, okay, I know :thejoke: but what actually is suppose to be the difference here?

One costs more money.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
I bet Derek Smart is firing out 'Salad cream' all over his silk PJ's watching this drone strike

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
"I guess we should replace Calix."

Ouch.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I wonder is Sandi was responsible for the Razer laptop :smug:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
LOL Sandi trying to make people give a poo poo that she speaks another language.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Oh god poor Vincent.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Sandi just spoke in French to introduce a Frenchman who is speaking English.

She speaks five languages, in case you didn't know. And is learning MMO with a Seven Dan Blackbelt, who told her her 15/15 vision will be a valuable asset for a former science teacher and current Marketing and Business Degreed professional.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Is that poo poo on Sandi's neck a real tat?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
She's speaks flawless French. As a Quebec resident I retract all my criticism of this wondrous game. Je me souviens!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

CIG is now rushing ships to the hangar.

Chris will wake up ion a cold sweat nightly when people are looking at imperfect jpegs

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
"Our referral program is not forgotten about, we'll reward your allegiance to our pyramid scheme soon."

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

SirPhoebos posted:

Did you ask to escalate with the bank or Visa?

Both. Although trying to talk to visa only sends me back to the bank.

I guess the only route left is trying to sell to redditors (pretty much everything is LTI). I imagine I should probably wait till after the anniversary sale?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Loiosh posted:

Yup, they roll onto work right after the major development on Myth II wrapped. 1999 was the RTS portion, you can find video of them talking about the history of development. It wasn't an FPS [until] 2000. At the Macworld 1999 demo, it was shown as a third person shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2RVje3MyhQ

Yeah, you're right, 2001 is when it was rewritten as a first person. So, to wrap up _1 year_ prior to the xbox release is when they started to rewrite the whole thing as an FPS.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Marketing manager for a company that doesn't do marketing.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

You are a magnificent creature!
Like a butterfly, or pigmy marmocet.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Ya Sandi is totally sleeping with that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
I like how they're firing more people to do with game development yet hiring marketing managers. Speaks volumes about the development of the game.

• Locked thread