Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
ROFL watch that bouncer bugging out. They can't make a guy who sits still and does nothing work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loiosh posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When asked about customizing loadout: "They're still working on the design document."
It'll be in, but as to what components will be of, that's always an important discussion. Just three pages ago we had someone chewing CIG out over not having a complete document over insurance, and here we are chewing them out for taking the time to design loadouts. No winning.

They would have loadouts, they've already introduced a few component examples, but it's important to balance those out so that you don't have what happened to CoD: Ghosts. I actually like the BLOPS III style of building where you can sacrifice components to get traits. So if you never use a secondary, you can switch that out.

I hope they put a lot of thought into loadouts.

The problem isn't the "design document" part, it's the "still working" part. Maybe it's just me, never having worked in the gaming industry, but I'd imagine that normally you wouldn't start working on something before you knew what it was you were working in.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

This is the moment Star Citizen implodes.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
This is the sort of nightclub that Million Mile High members would never be allowed into in real life.

The doorman keeps freaking out. Must be on something...

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
"super intimidating" - pictured: a random black dude

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Aesaar posted:

No loving way are they this stupid. This has got to be a joke. They're not seriously talking about this stupid club poo poo and calling it gameplay.

They are, it's not, they are.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

Someone just got banned from chat for saying "design looks like it needs a big daddy and little sister"

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
Padded walls for their concierge-only club? I think Mark Skelton is saying something about the backers of SC...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
I like that chandelier.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Congratulations folks. We have now seen more gameplay of a loving bar than we have of FPS gameplay.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Berious posted:

"super intimidating" - pictured: a random black dude

Well he scared the poo poo out of Sandi

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
they've managed to make cryengine look like a point and click adventure from the 90s

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Let's show off the concierge-only club so people know what they are getting when they spend 1000$ on our sale.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Spaceship game, here's a bar with cigars.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
I'm the quivering textures on the stairs.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

People in the chat are unironically loving this.

gently caress this gay earth

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Super-sweet motion blur on the leather space-sofa, as you stutter into the bar at 9FPS.

IMMERSION

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Congratulations folks. We have now seen more gameplay of a loving bar than we have of FPS gameplay.
This should've been 3 hours of stuff like this. Because it does look rather lovely. Nice to see a bartender that actually, you know, tends bar.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aesaar posted:

No loving way are they this stupid. This has got to be a joke. They're not seriously talking about this stupid club poo poo and calling it gameplay.

Look at that Looouunnngeee! How cannot you be excited about this? Loiosh has even stopped posting due to awesomeness overload.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Why does this poo poo look so choppy

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Mark Skelton talking about fish tanks in a 10fps video about 1000$ pay-walled content is the epitome of Star Citizen.

This is perfect. Really.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

What's the deal with the loving fish tanks?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"This would really take some money to maintain."

"Yeah good lord."

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Let's show off the concierge-only club so people know what they are getting when they spend 1000$ on our sale.

This is probably evidence that new backers have dropped off, and they're trying to pump more money out of the existing ones as it is their only hope.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Pop and Loch Nessy posted:

Because they're only showing it on an i7 with Titan SLIs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

Well he scared the poo poo out of Sandi

To do that he would need hair. Now he's just mildly intimidating.

G0RF posted:

This should've been 3 hours of stuff like this. Because it does look rather lovely. Nice to see a bartender that actually, you know, tends bar.

Yeah except that...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pre-Alpha 2.0

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

G0RF posted:

I actually love the ideas and work that go into game enviroments so this should be right up my street, but I can't help but feel that this is all wasted time for a spaceship game.

But you are right, this does look lovely and I like hearing the thought that went into the design of the place.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
That scary "urban" dude at the door is so terrifying.

I like the vinyl decals of Terra as the "panoramic window".

Mark Skelton is the honey badger of CIG. He clearly does not give a poo poo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
imagine the smug role playing that will go on in that bar
"RAISE A GLASS AND THINK OF OUR POORER CITIZENS WHO CANNOT BE HEAR GENTLEMEN! HA HA HA"

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010
Ug

z.z

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

"We don’t just want existing players to enjoy the anniversary, we want to introduce Star Citizen to new players! As a result, we’re offering a limited number of discounted $30 packages each day, first come first serve (1,000 per day.) "

Already sold out for today. After seeing all of nothing for 3 hours HOW can ppl still be buying-in?

BanjoFish
Nov 24, 2007
Streeeeeeetch

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Welcome.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

But you are right, this does look lovely and I like hearing the thought that went into the design of the place.

It really does look lovely. Then you remember at this is gated behind 1000$ of purchases. And that they have shown more of this than they have any other gameplay.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
This poo poo is what $10000 bought you.
You could rent a top class penthouse and get hookers with that amount.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Now making excuses for wasting time on the club. :lol:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Aaaand now all the concierge spergs will be pissed off because more people will get access to their special snowflake club.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Lookit that wood, also the multiple roberts's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

BEN: "I know one of the questions you all might have is, Why have we done so much for the million mile high club, which applies to so few backers?"

I have a guess...

• Locked thread