Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

"Why did we spend so much time on the million mile high club?"

Well it's very important you see because uh

IDRIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
Wow, what a blatant cash grab. Here's this loving sweet virtual lounge bro that only a few people can get into right now. BUT HOLD ON. WHAT ABOUT ME YOU SAY? For the low low bargain basement price of 1000$ american dollars, YOU TOO can be a lonely fat nerd hanging out in a virtual lounge that will never actually be released!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Remember, they are *taking* questions about 2.0, not showing it. Please behave appropriately.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

RuckusRouser posted:

"We don’t just want existing players to enjoy the anniversary, we want to introduce Star Citizen to new players! As a result, we’re offering a limited number of discounted $30 packages each day, first come first serve (1,000 per day.) "

Already sold out for today. After seeing all of nothing for 3 hours HOW can ppl still be buying-in?

Sounds like a cheap way to pad your referral count.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The look in Roberts' eyes, he looks like he wants to kill himself.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Matlock Birthmark posted:

It really does look lovely. Then you remember at this is gated behind 1000$ of purchases. And that they have shown more of this than they have any other gameplay.

It also begs the question, is this only available to those who "pledge" $1000 during development or is CIG going to let people buy $1000 worth of ships after the game is released? And if that is the case how can anyone make the argument this won't be p2w?

It's just such a blatent cash grab at this point.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Are they actually tabbing through a slideshow of the Idris now?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
It's pretty amazing how little they have. They thought this would be fine to launch their big jpeg sale with. The hubris is off the charts

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FIDELITY - Chris Roberts

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

They need to bring Pete Molyneux in to sort this mess out.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
Is it me or does the Idris look more and more like a Homeworld ship? The fat gun in the front is very much from that philosophy...

Somehow, the funding for the last three hours is on an exponential trend again. Mother of god, has no one been watching the stream? I had so little hope in humanity, but this just takes the cake. And I'm French and just dealt with the attacks in Paris.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone screencap Erin's thousand yard stare. Look at him. I genuinely feel bad for him and his intimate connection to this epic clusterfuck.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

It is actually a fully complete and operational Idris masquerading as a slideshow. They are ambush ships.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

This has been 3 hours of the most painfully boring jpeg slideshow in non-fullscreen Windows Image Preview

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sarsapariller posted:

If you speed up the footage, it looks like actual game!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Here it comesssssss..... today, today, today!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
lol today

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Oh, 2.0 going to PTU today. Glad they are telling us in the last 10 loving minutes.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
This seems appropriate again.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
It's going to be funny reading the rationalizations tomorrow about how this is great after they were all anticipating 2.0

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Limited release 2.0 to the PTU only for the most loyal. Well, that's more than I expected. Sure could have SHOWN SOME loving VIDEO OF THE GAME during your three hour anniversary stream!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Live in a week or so. Sure.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
only 1k people can be in 2.0 CELEBRATE!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Thanks for doing our work for us in finding bugs, you get to play 2.0 first!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

All of these guys look so stressed out it's like watching a hostage video.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They truly look excited about releasing 2.0 and are anticipating no problems at all!

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009
They have only had 22 people testing the PTU? That's ridiculous, there's no way they could have done comprehensive QA testing on what is a mini demo of an MMO-alike game.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Reddit shits its' collective pants:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Uncanny

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Yesss 2.0 today, take that haters!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Oh wow they have something. Nothing they'll show but something.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

Reddit shits its' collective pants:

notacult.jpeg

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Ben looks so uncomfortable I think he wants to literally flee the room.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I'm mystified. They have it in a place where they'd let people play it but they didn't show a single video all day.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Kakarot posted:

Yesss 2.0 today, take that haters!

welp time to buy a jpeg

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
This is actually pretty good strategy in making sure the first people playing it will be True Believers.

It's still gonna be a catastrophic buggy mess, but hey!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

They were talking earlier that each face has 1000 contollers.
Want to bet Chris' face has a poo poo load more.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

I actually love the ideas and work that go into game enviroments so this should be right up my street, but I can't help but feel that this is all wasted time for a spaceship game.

I feel for the poor bastards that worked for CCP churning out content for the WoD MMO. Some of that stuff was actually lovely.

Some of these kids should dump games and try some kickstarted product design.

RuckusRouser posted:

"We don’t just want existing players to enjoy the anniversary, we want to introduce Star Citizen to new players! As a result, we’re offering a limited number of discounted $30 packages each day, first come first serve (1,000 per day.) "

Already sold out for today. After seeing all of nothing for 3 hours HOW can ppl still be buying-in?

False scarcity and hype. As to the real answer to your question, it is for the ages, my friend.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
Two Muppets from Manchester present Gizmondo 42, releasing today in dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
8 of one type of mission, 8 of another type of mission, a pvp station, three different space station, 16-18 ships. All that is coming in the next week.

And they showed exactly none of it.

• Locked thread