Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm mystified. They have it in a place where they'd let people play it but they didn't show a single video all day.

Just from how uncomfortable everyone seems I wonder if they consider this a "Sink or Swim" moment. Either it works fine, if a little buggy, but it reinvigorates the fanbase, or it will be terrible and the 1000 first players will tell everyone it is unplayable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm mystified. They have it in a place where they'd let people play it but they didn't show a single video all day.

It's called marketing you idiot. Stop being a downer

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

It makes about as much sense as everything else they do.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

This is actually pretty good strategy in making sure the first people playing it will be True Believers.

It's still gonna be a catastrophic buggy mess, but hey!

Yeah, they did the same thing with AC 0.9 when it was launched. Limited invite at first and then opened up as they fixed a few critical issues.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

This is actually pretty good strategy in making sure the first people playing it will be True Believers.

It's still gonna be a catastrophic buggy mess, but hey!

I hope the whales tear themselves apart over who's in/out

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Reddit shits its' collective pants:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I'm curious if the 1k limit thing is so they can "release it" without releasing it. I mean, maybe just nobody with a Twitch account gets an invite? It's like Schrodinger's video game.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
So either it's going to get delayed again next week or it will catastrophically crash over thanksgiving.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That and all this word salad reminds me of Scientology. It's been said many times before but really.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kilmers Elbow posted:

They need to bring Pete Molyneux in to sort this mess out.

We need a jpeg of Chris Roberts peeling his face off to reveal Pete Molyneux.

Edit: ...who then peels his face off to reveal Chris Roberts. You see where I'm going with this.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Loiosh posted:

Yeah, they did the same thing with AC 0.9 when it was launched. Limited invite at first and then opened up as they fixed a few critical issues.

I'm sorry dude, I like you, but you're an idiot. Even if this game comes out, you are still an idiot for supporting someone like this.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
New script:

1. Request refund
2. response saying "but why who convinced you was it any media"
3. You say "The anniversary and citizencon streams where you showed nothing."

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Ben's about to have a panic attack.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I'm sorry dude, I like you, but you're an idiot. Even if this game comes out, you are still an idiot for supporting someone like this.

'k

ideate
Aug 20, 2002
Completely Fabricated. He knows he can't say 'soon' again.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Don't be mad that Chris just saved PC gaming

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Berious posted:

Oh wow they have something. Nothing they'll show but something.

The lack of videos is like. o.O what the gently caress.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Man imagine if they had talked about all of this in the beginning instead of waiting until the end to dump it all.

"It's probably the biggest functional feature drop we've done."

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone screencap Erin's thousand yard stare. Look at him. I genuinely feel bad for him and his intimate connection to this epic clusterfuck.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

There is no 2.0

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Ya, that came off badly now that I think about it. I take it back and hope it turns out enjoyable. Been listening to Chris Roberts talk for too long today I think.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Open up the right side a bit, with that image of Chris looming over it's perfect.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

8 of one type of mission, 8 of another type of mission, a pvp station, three different space station, 16-18 ships. All that is coming in the next week.

And they showed exactly none of it.

Nobody promised a video of any of that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"Don't expect any of that flashy, grabby, sliding stuff you do on FPSes on our FPS" -C.R.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
LOL Chris talking about fiscal responsibility and the best use of backer funds.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

revmoo posted:

I'm curious if the 1k limit thing is so they can "release it" without releasing it. I mean, maybe just nobody with a Twitch account gets an invite? It's like Schrodinger's video game.

Give 100-250 to the long term suckers highest backers so encourage them to give more money.
250 to streamers to show it off for free and encourage people who haven't access to give more.
499 given to sock accounts to fake post how great it is.
1 given to Derek.

Ghosts Love Wubs
Oct 9, 2009

trucutru posted:

"Don't expect any of that flashy, grabby, sliding stuff you do on FPSes on our FPS" -C.R.

"We expect everyone playing it to say its broken" -C.R. on 2.0

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Oh boy it is so entertaining watching them censor every. single. mention. of he who must not be named

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
nothing new in the fps module except stuff that's been in other fps since 2010. nice!

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Open up the right side a bit, with that image of Chris looming over it's perfect.
Sadly I did an area grab, sorry.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
the real disaster here- despite how awful the livestream has been- is that their site has been up and down for the last three hours. if this show did somehow inspire someone to want to purchase, RSI.com has made it drat near impossible.

They need big infusion days to be as easy as possible since their baseline revenues have sunk to the ~$20K daily level. But instead they've offered Bad Gateways and incomplete checkouts.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

New conspiracy theory- they're not actually sending it to any backers.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Sarsapariller posted:

New conspiracy theory- they're not actually sending it to any backers.

I already brought that up. It seems probable.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

1. Tell everyone 2.0 is coming out. 1K people play it on PTU.. absolutely..
2. Confidence restored..
3. And btw, we are having sale
4. Week later. Too many bugs to release 2.0. but thanks for the money, suckers

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Can somebody on the Twitch stream ask Chris if the player character in Squadron 42 can romance the character Sandi plays?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The guy on the left (Eric?) is visibly sweating.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well to be fair since they themselves don't even know what the features are they can honestly say that they won't tell us about them

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

G0RF posted:

Can somebody on the Twitch stream ask Chris if the player character in Squadron 42 can romance the character Sandi plays?

P.sure chris isnt so noone can.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

XK posted:

Ben looks so uncomfortable I think he wants to literally flee the room.

Sadly his hoveraround is still charging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

G0RF posted:

+1

Also ask it in RSI chat which they have on the wall behind Chris

• Locked thread