Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
Yeah this might be acceptable if this was the first communication after the end of the kickstarter, it's not where you want to be 3 years after.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Rationalization begins:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3thml1/20_release_today_why_no_video/

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How have people not found out this is a money laundering scheme?

There is no way that these "whales" can keep giving this amount of money to this game.

They are clearly fake accounts

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

SirTagz posted:

1. Tell everyone 2.0 is coming out. 1K people play it on PTU.. absolutely..
2. Confidence restored..
3. And btw, we are having sale
4. Week later. Too many bugs to release 2.0. but thanks for the money, suckers

Even better :

4) Release 2.0 only to Devs, have them post fake media messages and screenshots on websites to make it look like a lucky 1000 out of 1 million actually are playing the game.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

The guy on the left (Eric?) is visibly sweating.

Erin. He's a really nice guy and a good developer. He's the one who took the lead on Privateer (ie the best Wing Commander). He also loving HATES doing public stuff and is probably jet lagged to hell and back.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Erin does not look healthy, he might be sick from the flight over.

But he looks a lot more stressed than when we had lunch with him back in PAX Boston.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

happyhippy posted:

Give 100-250 to the long term suckers highest backers so encourage them to give more money.
250 to streamers to show it off for free and encourage people who haven't access to give more.
499 given to sock accounts to fake post how great it is.
1 given to Derek.

If 2.0 really is getting released into the wild, then we should be seeing screenshots and webms soon enough.

I for one can't wait :allears:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Erin. He's a really nice guy and a good developer. He's the one who took the lead on Privateer (ie the best Wing Commander). He also loving HATES doing public stuff and is probably jet lagged to hell and back.

He's so uncomfortable he's chewing his face and his breathing is staggered.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SirPhoebos posted:

If 2.0 really is getting released into the wild, then we should be seeing screenshots and webms soon enough.

I like how they aren't even sure if they will have a NDA. That's kind of a basic thing the guy in charge of everything should know.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SirTagz posted:

1. Tell everyone 2.0 is coming out. 1K people play it on PTU.. absolutely..
2. Confidence restored..
3. And btw, we are having sale
4. Week later. Too many bugs to release 2.0. but thanks for the money, suckers

I'd guess:

1.) Tell everyone 2.0 is coming out to limited users
2.) They don't release it to anyone that matters and/or slap it with a draconian NDA so it's effectively blacked out
3.) They keep it in "closed pre-alpha" for several months while they work on making it playable
4.) They release 2.0 in three to four month, still buggy as poo poo
OR
4.) They go tits up before 2.0 actually drops to the public

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like how they aren't even sure if they will have a NDA. That's kind of a basic thing the guy in charge of everything should know.

Actually to me it sounds good - he doesnt care so its not a 100% scam

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SirTagz posted:

Actually to me it sounds good - he doesnt care so its not a 100% scam

Yeah I guess for better or worse we'll actually see it.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Listen to them stutter and gesticulate. They sound like a Seattle startup, not people who've been working for 3+ years and have ninety million dollars.

e: How the gently caress does the CEO not know if there'll be an NDA or not. Is he not in charge?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Well, whatever. Livestream was terrible, they get none of my money, I will continue to enjoy the redditors being assholes. If they actually got 2.0 out the door in a state that works then good for them, I'd rather be wrong and have a good game, but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't care what they say- nothing they've shown and no actions they've taken lend credibility to their statements that it's coming out.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

How long was AC in PTU limited player group? months or weeks? 2.0 is an order of magnitude more complicated

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I just realized something: Like the 2.0 limited release, could Chris-R be straight up lying about the availability of $30 dollar packages as a way to hide the fact that no new players are buying in from the whales?

EDIT: More likely that Whales are buying them for sweet referral points, I'll admit.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
"Do you have any footage?"

"Weeeeeellll we're uh planning..."

EDIT: oh man that head bob on the characte models lol

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
oh god the animations are bad.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Ah- we're seeing more of the 15 FPS PTU 2.0 now!

All pre-recorded, but whaddyagonnado?

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Did they just segue into a video with no introduction?

What is this? What am I looking at? I guess it's a spaceship. Where was the introduction? Did some intern just cut off the CEO of a multi-million dollar company mid-sentence? What the gently caress? Who are these people?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

The 2.0 video looks exactly the same as the first time they showed it with heavy scripting and editing..

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
So, what's actually happening here. Beyond jump cuts that is.

Holy poo poo these guns sound bad. (nitpick, but they sound terrible)

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Cut away from a ship landing, cut away from a body sliding across the floor unrealistically...

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Well look at that, gameplay. They do remember they're making a game.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

z-fighting shadows in pre-recorded gameplay footage. Good job!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Holy poo poo these guns sound bad. (nitpick, but they sound terrible)

Don't worry, they are building two firing ranges to properly do the audio for every gun.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
i like that the ADS is still messed up

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Don't fret, there will be a better trailer in two weeks

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
So, someone's working on a supercut of all the "we're planning to" "eventually," "in the future," etc from this stream right?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
"You have been banned from General Chat. Reason for Ban: Goredema"

:gary:

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

People will be streaming it on Twitch. There's a few twitch streamers high up on those bug reports and stuff. At least 2 of them play AC every night.

God knows how. I'm a fan, right? But even I got bored of that poo poo after two days.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
The posting has slowed here because we were all blown away

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
"limited access" means 2 things
1) hand picked loyal cultists
2) no way in he'll will anyone see anything until the sale is over so they can safely milk the backers without fear of disappointment....

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Budgie posted:

The posting has slowed here because we were all blown away
Yes, sorry- I was at RSI with my credit card out-- I must have a Starliner now!

Oh wait, Bad Gateway. Oh well.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Wait a minute, I just looked at this. It looks like once again a ship is being put out that adds even more things they'll need to develop in the finished game. That ship apparently has two mini-games built in. One to move a repair arm (whatever that entails) and one to choose materials to craft/repair with.

It's no drink mixing minigame, but yeah for even more scope creep.

:catstare:

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
There will be GIFs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Loiosh posted:

I don't understand the question. Imperium?

I thought someone said Imperium planned to steal ships for their pirate fleet so made a guess, my bad.

• Locked thread