Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

There is 1.5 black people in this photo, can you spot them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The whole thing is worth a read

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/15062-Ship-Repair-And-Maintenance

This is a game where you'll also be able to buy drones to do that same poo poo.

1500 posted:

There is 1.5 black people in this photo, can you spot them?

C.R. Is preparing a hadouken

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Budgie posted:

The posting has slowed here because we were all blown away

I just can't think of anything to say because that was the most bizarre stream. They have a game ready to release to the public and they spend three hours interviewing each other and talking about motion capture. Meanwhile, new ships on sale for ridiculous prices, old ships with wingfins for more money, here's a whales-only club that will cost you $1000 to get into. And then last minute- it'scomingouttoday here'savideo bye!

It's like Chris has completely detached from the day-to-day reality of his project. Or, more likely, they set a deadline of "Have something out today or you're all fired" and they're just running with it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

So 1000 people get to play the 2.0 release and they're saying it's out?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Derek Smart

Derek Smart

DEREK SMART

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Omi-Polari posted:

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

DEREK SMART

By the power of three, so mote it be

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Good stream, would watch again

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Chalks posted:

So 1000 people get to play the 2.0 release and they're saying it's out?

Someone ran a script and found out that only 1k unique people play SC in a given week.

Didn't the release of AC 0. what every, start with a limited release that turned out was just employee's and their families?

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

I just can't think of anything to say because that was the most bizarre stream. They have a game ready to release to the public and they spend three hours interviewing each other and talking about motion capture. Meanwhile, new ships on sale for ridiculous prices, old ships with wingfins for more money, here's a whales-only club that will cost you $1000 to get into. And then last minute- it'scomingouttoday here'savideo bye!

It's like Chris has completely detached from the day-to-day reality of his project. Or, more likely, they set a deadline of "Have something out today or you're all fired" and they're just running with it.

I think the reasoning is that they wanted to leave the 'best' for the last (LOL). Imagine the shitposting if they had blown theirload in the first 5 minutes and then interviewed each other for 2 hours and 55 minutes.

Also. CR wants to direct movies.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Looks like jpegs are back on the menu boys

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Welp, went into one of my bank location's to check out what the gently caress is up with this Stripe refund that hasn't appeared, they told me to deal with it through Stripe because they can't do anything. This is hosed, the saga to get my 80 bucks back continues.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Even just reading about this stream shows this is now essentially a scam, even if it didn't start this way. I can now only feel pity about all those people losing their money to Christ Robot and his cohorts. Those people may be dumb or just weak-willed, it's still sad seeing someone preying on mental illness like that.

I mean drat, I know you can't forbid people from using their money as they want to in a free society, but gently caress this is just embarassing to witness.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
That stream was terrible.

I watched that interview with Mark Hamill, and felt bad that this good actor is having his name sullied by his association with Chris Roberts, and doesn't realise all the shady goings on.

I did like this thing he said though:

Mark Hamill posted:

...with Chris, I'll ask him a simple question, twenty minutes later he's still talking...

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

How many will be still be there for the 4th?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

G0RF posted:

Yes, sorry- I was at RSI with my credit card out-- I must have a Starliner now!

Oh wait, Bad Gateway. Oh well.

It kinda looks like Ben's wife has an Asian dude trying to escape her stomach.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

But Not Tonight posted:

Welp, went into one of my bank location's to check out what the gently caress is up with this Stripe refund that hasn't appeared, they told me to deal with it through Stripe because they can't do anything. This is hosed, the saga to get my 80 bucks back continues.

Let us know how much time and energy it takes for you to get that $80 back, tia

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Well that was fun.

So, now that the game is coming out next week, we'll need to make a new thread, Yes?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Seems I was investing in a machinima movie with limited gameplay.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what a loving trainwreck, and of course people are excited about that

ahaha

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

I really like the composition of this photo. Everything is circled around the center, people pointing hands there.. and in the middle.. CR as Jesus, blessing us all

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

That is one badass pre-tipped fedora.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Bootcha posted:

Seems I was investing in a machinima movie with limited gameplay.

I'm genuinely curious, assuming you can talk about it: how much of 2.0 have you seen? Not asking you to talk about specifics, just want to know if you've seen more of it than we have.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

what a loving trainwreck, and of course people are excited about that

ahaha

This stream is a good way to test people's mind for mental illnesses: Just show it to someone and ask afterwards: "Would you give CIG money at this point?"

Everyone who says "Yes" gets immediately thrown into a lunatic asylum.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I was never personally involved with SC...until now. My friend just asked if I wanted in on his referral code for one of the 30 dollar packages :yarg:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Aesaar posted:

I'm genuinely curious, assuming you can talk about it: how much of 2.0 have you seen? Not asking you to talk about specifics, just want to know if you've seen more of it than we have.

As much as you have.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

robot roll call posted:

I was never personally involved with SC...until now. My friend just asked if I wanted in on his referral code for one of the 30 dollar packages :yarg:

Since you're his friend you of course have done the right thing and contacted the authorities about the dangerous madman running lose, I hope? :v:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

robot roll call posted:

I'm curious how you responded.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm curious how you responded.

I politely declined. This thread and this game are a huge source of entertainment to me but I don't want to be a dick to him about it.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

robot roll call posted:

I politely declined. This thread and this game are a huge source of entertainment to me but I don't want to be a dick to him about it.

Did he watch the livestream? You should at least get his opinion about it. I'm genuinely curious what someone who's presumably outside the Reddit/SA communities thought about it.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

SirTagz posted:

I think the reasoning is that they wanted to leave the 'best' for the last (LOL). Imagine the shitposting if they had blown theirload in the first 5 minutes and then interviewed each other for 2 hours and 55 minutes.

Also. CR wants to direct movies.

But if you haven't got anything to show, don't have a three hour stream. They do this to themselves. I'm still not convinced they are actually going to put 2.0 out today because why are they not firing it up and playing it on camera? It's ludicrous- three hour presentation about a game and not once do they play the game or even get closer than pre-recorded scenes, and even those are held off until the last minute.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

That sure was a good 2004 E3 teaser clip of a game in alpha.

What?

Oh.

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

But Not Tonight posted:

You'll get you're money back at some point, but...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
From memory in June 2014 they said they'd released AC via a slow roll out by Citizen number. Around five days later citizen number 14 or something confirmed he hadn't been invited and they went "oops" and actually started a slow roll out. It was 2 months later before everyone was invited.

Now with the new method of inviting people who tested/bug reported AC means it's not so easy to confirm that nobody has invited.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
This makes me regret playing Fallout 4. I now feel so out of the loop. At least I can still rest easy, and feel smug, knowing that I called it a few years ago. I also particularly like that you still have to buy into this 2.0 bs.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 19, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Why was the website playing up with only 14k or whatever it was watching on twitch? It's not like people were buying stuff a lot of stuff.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

XK posted:

That sure was a good 2004 E3 teaser clip of a game in alpha.

What?

Oh.

The standout trailer from E3 2004:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RieKG7pw6g8

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010
For those curious of the perspective from a fan. Overall I was disappointed with the livestream. It was quite boring for me (AC2.0!), but the end result I am happy with, that is, the AC 2.0 landing on the PTU. That's pretty cool to see that all in action and I look forward to watching livestreams of it tonight while playing Syndicate (woohoo, PC release!)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

From memory in June 2014 they said they'd released AC via a slow roll out by Citizen number. Around five days later citizen number 14 or something confirmed he hadn't been invited and they went "oops" and actually started a slow roll out. It was 2 months later before everyone was invited.

Now with the new method of inviting people who tested/bug reported AC means it's not so easy to confirm that nobody has invited.

That might explain why Chris had no idea if they were going to use a NDA or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The bobblehead low FPS stuff they show gives me motion sickness and I absolutely NEVER get motion sickness

I wish they would loving do away with the "parent the camera to the head bone!" technique they are so proud of. It's loving garbage and looks loving garbage and is nauseating as hell having the character constantly seem like it is on a rubber band leash.

• Locked thread