Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dammit, all the good stuff happens while I'm in class.

2.0 is here!*

*(2.0 not actually here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Loiosh posted:

For those curious of the perspective from a fan. Overall I was disappointed with the livestream. It was quite boring for me (AC2.0!), but the end result I am happy with, that is, the AC 2.0 landing on the PTU. That's pretty cool to see that all in action and I look forward to watching livestreams of it tonight while playing Syndicate (woohoo, PC release!)

I thought Syndicate was released back in 1993, and was produced by that other videogame producing charlatan.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I hope this tradition of focusing on one of the main stars of SQ42 for each event continues.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm actually hyped as gently caress for the Sandi reveal video.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

ShredsYouSay posted:

I thought Syndicate was released back in 1993, and was produced by that other videogame producing charlatan.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. PC release is tonightish.

Though no SLI support, which makes me a saaaad panda :(

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Justin Tyme posted:

The bobblehead low FPS stuff they show gives me motion sickness and I absolutely NEVER get motion sickness

I wish they would loving do away with the "parent the camera to the head bone!" technique they are so proud of. It's loving garbage and looks loving garbage and is nauseating as hell having the character constantly seem like it is on a rubber band leash.

They can't easily do that. They have synced 1st and 3rd person animations. Locking your camera could lead to the 3rd person animations looking "weird". Unless the camera gets disconnected from the head movement AND doesn't render your own avatar (which means they have to do 1st person animations). Though this might cause the "shooting from the top of your helmet issue" as it happened in RO1 and 2.
There is a reason for 1st and 3rd person animations still being a thing.

At least their prices are innovative.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

Why was the website playing up with only 14k or whatever it was watching on twitch? It's not like people were buying stuff a lot of stuff.
That is rather curious.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Oh dang, looks like I missed a livestream! I'm gonna assume we were all fools for being led astray by Derek Smart and Alpha 2.0 is a miracle of gameplay providing the immersive spaceship simulator experience we've all wanted for so long.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Missed the first 2 hours, when is the joystick going on sale?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

3 posted:

Oh dang, looks like I missed a livestream! I'm gonna assume we were all fools for being led astray by Derek Smart and Alpha 2.0 is a miracle of gameplay providing the immersive spaceship simulator experience we've all wanted for so long.

The only thing remotely approaching gameplay that I saw in the live stream was them walking around a photorealistic space bar that looked dumb as gently caress, so basically this is a huge development for Star Citizen.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

No, there was horrible frame rate footage of a guy firing a generic assault rifle for a few seconds.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
SC is like Tripwires decision to animate "switch position in a tank" for RO2. Just for all things. Focusing on minute (unimportant details) and forgetting the big picture. Which is kinda ironic, because space movie.
BTW Killing Floor 2 (steam early rear end) has better:
  • Gun animations (done at 200 FPS)
  • Player animations
  • Gun Sounds
  • Voice acting (dynamically triggered)
  • Gore
  • "alien" animations

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

BMan posted:

No, there was horrible frame rate footage of a guy firing a generic assault rifle for a few seconds.

Sorry that they're future proofing the game for its eventual 202x release date. loving hater idiot.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Loiosh posted:

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. PC release is tonightish.

Though no SLI support, which makes me a saaaad panda :(

Don't worry, we weren't really assuming you were playing the SNES-version of Syndicate on an emulator

That said, instead of setting your money on fire by giving it to good old Chris, you could have had more fun by wasting it on an Acorn Archimedes and a original copy of Syndicate for it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
my lord is that footage of 2.0 janky. I love that Chris has to give a one-minute qualifier beforehand, which turns out being the exact same excuse they used after releasing a terrible Star Marine trailer at CitizenCon that was just as bad as what was shown here. There is no visible progress from what I can tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prvRe1xjtN8

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Tank Boy Ken posted:

SC is like Tripwires decision to animate "switch position in a tank" for RO2. Just for all things. Focusing on minute (unimportant details) and forgetting the big picture. Which is kinda ironic, because space movie.

Big difference. RO2 actually released with the tank switching animations. They also have the best scoping model on the market that is actually in a feature-complete game rather than a buggy, laggy, non-existent mess. They also limited their scope in only providing one vehicle model for each side due to the intricacies and detail of the in-tank switching.

Remember that Star Citizen is trying to do position switching/modeling interiors for every ship model. This is more than pointless. It's a Herculean task that no dev team with the largest amount of funding for a game in history would ever be able to pull off. Especially since their funding mechanic is 'release a ship jpeg that will cost more to implement than we could ever raise, even at these whale-hunting prices'.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

But Not Tonight posted:

Welp, went into one of my bank location's to check out what the gently caress is up with this Stripe refund that hasn't appeared, they told me to deal with it through Stripe because they can't do anything. This is hosed, the saga to get my 80 bucks back continues.

it's funny when people get refunds but really imo it's even funnier when people are denied refunds since you deserve it for being retarded enough to pledge in the first place

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Bitterly disappointed, bitterly.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the people who have been sent invites of 2.0 are reporting that there is indeed an NDA, no screenshots or livestreams.

edit:

quote:

PLEASE NOTE: We're respectfully asking this test group to refrain from livestreaming and taking screenshots during this test. We don't want anything spoiled for all of your other fellow Citizens. We want everyone to have that epic feeling of wonder and surprise when they get in for the first time, too!

:lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ti101/ptu_does_indeed_have_an_nda/

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the people who have been sent invites of 2.0 are reporting that there is indeed an NDA, no screenshots or livestreams.

edit:

:lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ti101/ptu_does_indeed_have_an_nda/

What a completely unsuprising development, who would've thought?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

A Neurotic Jew posted:

PLEASE NOTE: We're respectfully asking this test group to refrain from livestreaming and taking screenshots during this test. We don't want anything spoiled for all of your other fellow Citizens. We want everyone to have that epic feeling of wonder and surprise when they get in for the first time, too!

So, they are specific enough to make a NDA with no "livestreaming/screenshots" allowed, but Chris couldn't answer that just two hours ago. Very well organized.

Loiosh posted:

It was quite boring for me (AC2.0!), but the end result I am happy with, that is, the AC 2.0 landing on the PTU. That's pretty cool to see that all in action and I look forward to watching livestreams of it tonight while playing Syndicate (woohoo, PC release!)

And again, sorry dude.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

[–]mrSpy5Mercenary 1 point 3 minutes ago
Am downloading PTU without invite email. So does being able to copy account (+download) equels PTU acces?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

If any of you have a CIG account, it looks as though you can crash the PTU party?
http://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha ha, whoops.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Matlock Birthmark posted:

So, they are specific enough to make a NDA with no "livestreaming/screenshots" allowed, but Chris couldn't answer that just two hours ago. Very well organized.

Worse then that, he stated that he was looking forward to seeing all the livestreams and screenshots that come out of it.

Yeah, guess that isn't happening

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

fuctifino posted:

If any of you have a CIG account, it looks as though you can crash the PTU party.

:jerry:

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

fuctifino posted:

If any of you have a CIG account, it looks as though you can crash the PTU party?

That only works if you've copied your account over to the PTU, which you need to be flagged for PTU access on your live account to do.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

What else would you expect from the most transparently developed video game in the history of the world.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
on it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
bummer

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Zo posted:

it's funny when people get refunds but really imo it's even funnier when people are denied refunds since you deserve it for being retarded enough to pledge in the first place

agreed, and for those that missed it the first time dozens of pages ago I started this process on the 30th of September

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

The best thing to come out of today's debacle is that painting of thumbs-up space Croberts. I want to know the story behind that. Was someone paid to do it? Can we talk to them and ask them how they felt about it? Can I get a copy for my bedroom wall?

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Not saying they only thought of putting an NDA in when it was mentioned on the livestream so they had to quickly cobble together a paragraph for the invite email, but

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

Well, I had one I never used after I joined up with MWO-goons. (I still don't really understand why SC goons and MWO goons were connected like that.) But it turns out, RSI erased it!

quote:

Hi ,

A password recovery request was made using this email but unfortunately, it's not linked to an account.

If you need personal assistance, please feel free to contact us directly by visiting: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/contact

Sincerely,
Roberts Space Industries

Fuckers. Why do they still have my e-mail if they just closed my forums account without ever telling me? Either erase all my data or nothing, you bumbling cretins

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Libluini posted:

Well, I had one I never used after I joined up with MWO-goons. (I still don't really understand why SC goons and MWO goons were connected like that.) But it turns out, RSI erased it!

Fuckers. Why do they still have my e-mail if they just closed my forums account without ever telling me? Either erase all my data or nothing, you bumbling cretins

I just got that error, it is the right email address as well

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

Not saying they only thought of putting an NDA in when it was mentioned on the livestream so they had to quickly cobble together a paragraph for the invite email, but

Sandi wasn't there to answer.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

alphabettitouretti posted:

The best thing to come out of today's debacle is that painting of thumbs-up space Croberts. I want to know the story behind that. Was someone paid to do it? Can we talk to them and ask them how they felt about it? Can I get a copy for my bedroom wall?

It was one of the first things you could purchases in the VD store.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct/Hangar-Posters/Be-A-Hero-Poster

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I just got that error, it is the right email address as well

Welp, my curious nature made me ask support what the hell happened to my account, now I'm going to sleep. Let's time how long support needs to send an answer. If they need two weeks I'll roll my eyes at them, though.

Edit:

OK, I think now I understand the logic behind this: Apparently the system blindly accepts every e-mail you type in and gives you a green success-message. Then the system notices there isn't actually an account connected with whatever you typed in and sends this error message out. Weird and backwards, but welp.

But now RSI wants me to make another account for their helpdesk just so they can answer my question? OK, at least this is automated and just needed me to set a password.

In three days I'm promised an answer!

Libluini fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 20, 2015

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Hey guys, remember the Arena Commander launch? You know, where they launched to the first 250 or 1000 or so people by Citizen ID? You know, the one where after a whole week of people with 3-digit IDs saying they didn't have access when CIG suddenly realized they never sent any invites out? I bet that's going to be the 2.0 launch.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

1500 posted:

It was one of the first things you could purchases in the VD store.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct/Hangar-Posters/Be-A-Hero-Poster

Oh wow. Christmas has come early.

Still so many questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
This guy may be live streaming 2.0 in a minute.

• Locked thread