Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Octopode posted:

Not one of the first wave invitees, or I would.

Man what a kick in the space gonads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Maybe a bug. Playing the game makes the game stop working.

Also your ships fall apart just from flying around space.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

stuxracer posted:

Working as intended.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

stuxracer posted:

Gratz on the 2.0 invite man

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
this owns in a really bad way.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Gratz on the 2.0 invite man
I'm watching someone stream. I only spend $1000s on games made by Blizzard.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

stuxracer posted:

I'm watching someone stream. I only spend $1000s on games made by Blizzard.

Understood :)

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
game crashed. third time in 10 minutes. preceded by three minutes of parkinsons-level jitteriness.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

I can't help thinking that anyone with any sense at all would have decided 6 months ago that something just has to ship on November 19th, so even with their record of being absolutely horrible at releasing anything. I still sort of half think they might release 2.0 on the 19th, even with nothing in it apart from a couple of landing areas, being able to float around, the retaliator (obviously not the constellation as that's still being worked on) and terrible fps combat/animations, people will at least have something to do for a few days before they get bored with it.

Stream may have been terrible but credit where it's due there are actually people playing AC 2.0 today and I believe they have both the Retaliator and the Constellation in. I still think they'll get bored shortly but not as fast as I thought, seems like there's a lot more than I expected too.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

I like that the crotch is the center focal point of the gameplay. You can make out a little space behind it sometimes if you look closely enough.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The guy I'm watching has a crash like every ten minutes but is all cheery and "it's alpha, it happens, I'll make bug reports".

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Well I will admit it- I'm watching this stream, http://www.twitch.tv/matticusgames

and they have managed to get 2.0 out to some actual players. It's glitchy as hell and it crashes constantly, and for some reason they chose to spend 3 hours of stream today showing anything but their actual game, but it's out. I was wrong about it not coming out and I'm happy to be wrong. Hopefully this is just the start and we'll see rapid development leaps from here.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Cat says hi

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

HI CATTE!!!1111

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
2.0 is totally out guys don't mind that it literally crashes every 10 mins and in any other game pre alpha or otherwise they wouldn't even bother pushing out an update this loving buggy and broken!

Suck it haters!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
cat big

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
If I was CIG I wouldn't release AC 2.0 to everyone till mid to late December, they'll have an excuse for another sale.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Man lots of stuff happening apparently.

How do people stand the constant camera stuttering? I can barely watch these streams, it's horrifying

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

AP posted:

If I was CIG I wouldn't release AC 2.0 to everyone till mid to late December, they'll have an excuse for another sale.

If it works as poorly as it looks I doubt they will want the general backer to touch it until it stable for more then a few minutes at a time. Only the truest believers would over look that.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Yeah, this is why CIG wasn't demoing the video live at least.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
every stream I've watched has crashed within 4 minutes. There is going to be a pretty big hangover unless this improves a lot.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
:lol: this guy can't get near a planet without the game crashing.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

dyzzy posted:

Man lots of stuff happening apparently.

How do people stand the constant camera stuttering? I can barely watch these streams, it's horrifying

I can't, it makes the game horrible to play

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Vire posted:

2.0 is totally out guys don't mind that it literally crashes every 10 mins and in any other game pre alpha or otherwise they wouldn't even bother pushing out an update this loving buggy and broken!

Suck it haters!

if nothing else you have to admit CIG is the master of playing out just enough line to keep the whales on it, seemingly in spite of their CEO’s moving jpeg obsession

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
hahahahaha he crashed the minute the game loaded. alright I'm gonna stop reporting the crashes now.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Yeah, this is why CIG wasn't demoing the video live at least.

That's just so short-sighted though, if you ask me. If they'd just show stuff like this, I'd forgive them a shitload of bugs. It's because they keep it all stuffed behind this privacy curtain and then only let it out for sales that I'm so critical of bugs. I can forgive a lot of problems in something that I can at least put my hands on. I'm not saying I'm about to buy back in, or anything, but like- if they'd lead with this, to show this was where their priorities are instead of movie bullshit, I might have at least been swayed a bit.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Looks like major FPS lag in the KingKongor stream as he moves his mouse. And he keeps crashing trying to get out of the hangar.

Also he keeps saying star citizen is better then elite dangerous. I think there's something wrong with that statement, cant say what.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hahahahaha he crashed the minute the game loaded. alright I'm gonna stop reporting the crashes now.

No keeps doing it, I need the vicarious thrill and can't watch now- maybe just edit a post to keep track?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
http://www.twitch.tv/matticusgames :lol:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

LGD posted:

No keeps doing it, I need the vicarious thrill and can't watch now- maybe just edit a post to keep track?

Oh good, encouragement for me to post that in the last 3 minutes he: Crashed, got in to the hangar, crashed before he got out of the hangar, tried to reload and then crashed before the next loading screen ended.

"ok star citizen now please work"

I'll use this post as a crash log.

8:35 PM) he crashed
8:38 PM) he crashed in the middle of a rant about why Derek Smart is wrong.
8:40 PM) Derek linked to my stream? Derek Smart is actually good!
8:47 PM) he crashed
8:55 PM) he crashed
8:56 PM) he crashed
8:59 PM) aaannnddd he's done

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 20, 2015

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

Well I will admit it- I'm watching this stream, http://www.twitch.tv/matticusgames

and they have managed to get 2.0 out to some actual players. It's glitchy as hell and it crashes constantly, and for some reason they chose to spend 3 hours of stream today showing anything but their actual game, but it's out. I was wrong about it not coming out and I'm happy to be wrong. Hopefully this is just the start and we'll see rapid development leaps from here.

They can't get their tech demo to work after three years of development. ANY hope is outlandishly naive.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Vire posted:

If it works as poorly as it looks I doubt they will want the general backer to touch it until it stable for more then a few minutes at a time. Only the truest believers would over look that.

Crashing at this stage wouldn't concern me that much, the fact they managed this at all is a minor miracle. There's 11 full sale days left and just seeing normal punters able to play at all will reassure a lot of people. I think Derek needs to factor in that the people still employed by CIG who would leak him stuff have to be incredibly pissed off (otherwise why risk leaking?) and therefore maybe negatively biased towards failure, also not all of them will even be in the right discipline to accurately judge how stable a build is.

I don't think this is going to change the eventual outcome but it's certainly given them a lifeline and a chance at raising the average of 500k or so a day they really need to ward off a very noticeable funding disaster in their best month of the year.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
So is there any massively or any multiplayer in this massively multiplayer online game? I can see plenty of stars, but not too many citizens.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sedisp posted:

They can't get their tech demo to work after three years of development. ANY hope is outlandishly naive.

Well I did back the game in the first place, so I guess call me foolishly naive. But I don't really have hope that it'll be good, mind you. I'm just willing to admit I was wrong about it not coming out at all. And with that, I cannot understand why they didn't spend more of today emphasizing their progress.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Lol some John Rando entered the chair while he was in it and caused him to glitch the gently caress out and basically forced him out. Imagine that being some whale's $2500 chariot and some goon just gently jettisons him into space when he hits "E" on the captain's chair

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

AP posted:

I think Derek needs to factor in that the people still employed by CIG who would leak him stuff have to be incredibly pissed off (otherwise why risk leaking?) and therefore maybe negatively biased towards failure, also not all of them will even be in the right discipline to accurately judge how stable a build is.

Also, based on how absolutely wrong his statements about what features would not be included in 2.0 were, either he's just making stuff up and hoping to be right, or his sources are just stringing him along intentionally with wrong information.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Octopode posted:

Also, based on how absolutely wrong his statements about what features would not be included in 2.0 were, either he's just making stuff up and hoping to be right, or his sources are just stringing him along intentionally with wrong information.

I don't know, he claimed 2.0 was going to be a janky unstable mess, and so far he looks pretty spot on.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Oh good, encouragement for me to post that in the last 3 minutes he: Crashed, got in to the hangar, crashed before he got out of the hangar, tried to reload and then crashed before the next loading screen ended.

"ok star citizen now please work"

I'll use this post as a crash log.

8:35 PM) he crashed

Your're doing god's work

(Not YWHW, like one of the more minor classical dieties)

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Watching someone play Lost In A Space Airport Simulator. I like this.

Edit: and it crashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
KingKongor on a Derek Smart rant while the game continually crashes on screen

• Locked thread