Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

don't try to get on to one of the beds in the connie. Why? You'll crash.
Speaking of crashing...

A few hour spike (not quite 300k) then back to baseline fast. Will be really interesting to see how much this bounces around over the next couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

skaboomizzy posted:

MatticusGames on twitch

Apparently that guy was just in WTFOSAURUS (another streamer) ship and got ejected or something.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
http://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus

This guy seems to be playing now.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

Speaking of crashing...

A few hour spike (not quite 300k) then back to baseline fast. Will be really interesting to see how much this bounces around over the next couple of weeks.

Interestingly this is what the sound wave of a well performed PARP looks like

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Apparently that guy was just in WTFOSAURUS (another streamer) ship and got ejected or something.

he's floating in space, nowhere near a place he can land, can't kill himself or get anywhere. He has no idea what to do. lol.

edit: he finally found out how to kill himself.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The thing wtfosaurus is playing is exactly the kind of poo poo I'd like. Why did it take 4 years to get there. :argh:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Yeah the wtfsaurus guy actually flew to a probe or something, debarked, and is now inside of it.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

This is the best "walking around a spaceport" and "hoping you didn't forget your keys to your spaceship" sim ever.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

G0RF posted:

Speaking of crashing...

That is still really high, you are looking at how much per hour they are bringing in. Normal day income is 15k-22k, so 22k an hour is a lot.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo, hey.

I got the invite thing.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 PTU: Crusader Playtest Invite

Greetings everyone, we hope you are having a fantastic week and we have big news for you!

If you are receiving this email, you have been specifically invited to the Public Test Universe (PTU) to playtest Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 which features the very first elements of the Persistent Universe in the form of the gas giant Crusader and surrounding areas. These locations include Port Olisar transit station, Covalex Shipping Hub, Security Post Kareah and many scenic asteroid fields, comms arrays and research satellites that our team has been hard at work on.

This also includes our first iteration on FPS, Multicrew technology, interior physics grid, quantum travel, IFCS, EVA, missions, and so much more.

Yep... this is a pretty awesome time in creating the BDSSE and we’re excited to have you onboard for helping us playtest this with us!!

PLEASE NOTE: We're respectfully asking this test group to refrain from livestreaming and taking screenshots during this test. We don't want anything spoiled for all of your other fellow Citizens. We want everyone to have that epic feeling of wonder and surprise when they get in for the first time, too!

Also… as we want to stress test the new content, we’ve disabled Arena Commander and ArcCorp for the time being.

· You’ll access Crusader on the same console you did for ArcCorp.
· If you load into Arena Commander, you will be stuck on searching for a match screen till the player hits cancel.
· If you load ArcCorp Area 18 you return an error message "All instances are full" and the player won’t get in!

This is the foundation to the Persistent Universe, and we're extremely proud of this major milestone in building the BDSSE!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Apparently the NDA was a mistake.

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/667495032136404992

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Here lies AC 2.0, thought of ants and crashed.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Truga posted:

quote:

This is the foundation to the Persistent Universe

Are they threatening us?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Solvency posted:

Worse then that, he stated that he was looking forward to seeing all the livestreams and screenshots that come out of it.

Yeah, guess that isn't happening

coke does some serious poo poo to your cognitive skills

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Star%20Citizen

2.0 streams are up.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:laugh:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Truga posted:

Also… as we want to stress test the new content, we’ve disabled Arena Commander and ArcCorp for the time being.

Why does that make me think that 2.0 is not compatible with AC or ArcCorp.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:lol:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I paid 94 million dollars for this piece of poo poo?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Okay, now that surprises me. I was expecting them to be select on invites to this. Are you a streamer?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the people who have been sent invites of 2.0 are reporting that there is indeed an NDA, no screenshots or livestreams.

edit:

:lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ti101/ptu_does_indeed_have_an_nda/

quote:

Wishbone Lesnick ‏@banditloaf 2h2 hours ago
FYI: you can disregard the NDA in the Alpha 2.0 email. Please stream and screenshot away while you break our little universe! :)

are they on crack?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Meanwhile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6DEbuVGtUw

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
"WHERE IS MY RETALIATOR? SOMEONE STOLE IT"

http://www.twitch.tv/hydrobigbang

Lol. Gold.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Grinning Goblin posted:

Poor guy can't even pronounce "Aegis".

You had better not be one of those high horse snots that insist on eeeeeegis.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Truga posted:

Oh poo poo, hey.

I got the invite thing.

Didn't you get a refund?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I have a bookmark on page 413 and need to catch up from there. But I wanted to post my quick synopsis below.

quote:

Anyway, the 3 year anniversary livestream is over. I did a live Tweet (I was just doing some harmless trolling and having a blast, really) which you can view by starting with this first tweet and working your way down. Some of it is hilarious I think.

I also later watched some guy play the 2.0 release in the PTU and as expected it wasn't ready for production release. Lots of glitches, crashes, not much "game" etc.

I am going to be writing up a synopsis over the weekend, but as I tweeted a month ago, they had to release something for this anniversary, as well as to show some progress. Even if it wasn't ready. And that's exactly what they did. So like Arena Commander, the hangar and ArcCorp social/planetside module, we now have yet another broken piece of the puzzle.

Also, it's being stagger released to only 1000 people to start.

He also said that it's limited to 12-16 ships; though it's not clear how many player clients that entails, given the multi-crew nature of some ships.

Also, the stream started around 2PM EST and they spent over 2.5 hrs on selling JPEGs, talking about SQ42, Mark Hamill, MoCap etc. They spent roughly the last 27 mins on 2.0. And no live stream 2.0 game play by the devs. The full TwitchTV stream should be up soon.

Below are the items that Chris announced are coming in 2.0. Of course he doesn't say <em>when</em>. I may need to update this once the recorded stream goes up and I can review it more carefully.

===
20 encounters (not sure what that even means. are they missions?)

8 dogfighting missions

8 research missions

1 exploration mission

1 on-going battle in the background

1 wreckage in asteroid belt

1 station with PvP (fps presumably)

Security area (not sure which location) is PvP for fps and you can pick up weapons, recharge etc

You can repair ships

You can heal players and group (?) with others

Mobi-glass

Access to Crusader region which has 3 moons, 3 stations and an asteroid belt

You can fly ships such as Avenger, Retaliator, Constellation, and Vanguard

New flight models (we already knew about this from dev logs)

You can now EVA from the ship. This was shown at CitizenCon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

oh my gently caress this game looks worse than I thouht

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Apparently I have PTU access.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Honest name at least

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Okay, now that surprises me. I was expecting them to be select on invites to this. Are you a streamer?

I was an RSI chat superstartroll and I kept spamming their bug tracker with "Launcher still requiring UAC confirmation to start" because nobody else did, so maybe they think I'm a serious tester person.

I might do some videos tomorrow if I can tear myself away from PLANETS in space engineers. So unlikely.

MeLKoR posted:

Didn't you get a refund?

Nah, I'm retarded like that. I like riding trainwrecks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Goongratulations

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Loyalty rewarded???

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Loyalty rewarded???

Clearly.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

1500 posted:

That is still really high, you are looking at how much per hour they are bringing in. Normal day income is 15k-22k, so 22k an hour is a lot.
Yes

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is awsome

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

im not seeing anything much different from that AC poo poo oh and lots and lots of game crashes

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I await your preview!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I think people have waited so long that whatever CIG manages to scrounge up would delight them.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Can't wait for the 94m mocap straight to vhs movie with space mini game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like GTA in space. Ownership apparently doesn't work yet, anyone can access any ship that's loaded on to the pads. Also, looks like there's no way to ensure you're matchmade with your friends.

• Locked thread