Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Loiosh posted:

Both missions and FPS are in there. WTFO was doing some repair mission before it crashed. Then he tried to get to the FPS station, and it crashed. :)

Oh, I guess no missions and no FPS, heh!

I wasn't being sarcastic. I heard about this an hour ago and I couldn't find anything on google or immediately in this thread since it moves at a mile a minute and gently caress going to the RSI forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Grats Shitizens, you managed to get yourself something that is more tedius than EvE Online.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

How the hell do I get star citizen 2.0

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

xanif posted:

I wasn't being sarcastic. I heard about this an hour ago and I couldn't find anything on google or immediately in this thread since it moves at a mile a minute and gently caress going to the RSI forums.

(I was making a joke :) It's crashing a ton)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I paid $5000 for this ship and I'm not here to have 'fun'
If it doesn't have a 30 second ritual for absolutely everything then not sending my kids to college will have all been for NOTHING

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

peter gabriel posted:

Fun?
Let me tell you about a little thing called immersion

Yo, I like to fligh some WWII combat sims too, but poo poo, selecting planes in those is easy.

*ships explode like in EvE Circa 2004*

"Man the explosions are good"

Lol.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Black Dynamite posted:

How the hell do I get star citizen 2.0

This is the massive problem, first you need 1.0

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

bootcha_CIG_walkaway.gif

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

D_Smart posted:

Please show me the list of 2.0 features that you claim I posted. I'll wait. While setting my browser to auto-refresh so I don't miss your response.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=177&perpage=40#post45223539

D_Smart posted:

Remember what I said at the end of Aug 2015?

Well that's precisely what is playing out atm.

• I don't believe that there will be anything tangible in the upcoming AC 2.0. And by the time the dust settles, everyone will be wondering why it's not AC 1.47 (or whatever)
  • I believe that they will try to get that 2.0 build out in the PTU in time for the anniversary sale on or before 11/26.
  • That 2.0 build won't i) have fps (aka Star Marine) in it ii) have anything "persistent" about it iii) have anything previously promised (see below) in it
  • Probably won't support any new ships. And if it does, there will be maybe one multi-crew ship (still trying to find out which one is the likely candidate)

And whatever they release as 2.0 is purely designed as more smoke and mirrors to show "progress". So it will be a buggy mess in PTU until well into 2016. Lest you forget, AC is still a buggy mess. And whatever it is they currently have in the PTU is best not even discussed. Remember, they still can't even get buggies to work right.

Going into 2016, we'll be dealing with v2.0x builds; all of which will remain in the same buggy state that the current v1.xx builds are in.

Four years. $94m+. 500+ people. Still talking pre-Alpha. And no game in sight

2016 is the mad rush to get a scaled down version of EP1 of SQ42 out. Depending on how much they want to cut, it probably won't happen. Which is why they are currently hiring more people at Foundry 42 because all bets are now being placed on SQ42.

Then I hear today that, amid all this, Croberts is still doing mocap shoots. Seriously.

In case you all have forgotten...

You specifically said it would not include FPS (wrong), would contain only one new ship (wrong), there would be nothing tangibly new (wrong), and that it wouldn't have "anything previously promised (see below) in it" which included EVA (wrong), Missions (wrong), Large World (wrong), Multicrew (wrong), and the Zone streaming system (unknown if active or not).

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3R8tkvlAlk

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

This is the massive problem, first you need 1.0

fraud citizen

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Octopode posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=177&perpage=40#post45223539

You specifically said it would not include FPS (wrong), would contain only one new ship (wrong), there would be nothing tangibly new (wrong), and that it wouldn't have "anything previously promised (see below) in it" which included EVA (wrong), Missions (wrong), Large World (wrong), Multicrew (wrong), and the Zone streaming system (unknown if active or not).

All I'm seeing is crashes and an empty skybox.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
(it's a space joke)

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"Game" seriously looks like this.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sappo569 posted:

I'm a fan of the lack of cross hairs still

Sandi prefers the lack of hair.

Courtesy of Peter.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Why does anyone think this looks good.

It doesn't look good at all.

It looks bad.

member001
Feb 19, 2011

Octopode posted:

Have we actually seen anything in 2.0 other than crashes?
A shortcut to Fps when it crashes the instant you double click it isn't what I'd call `include`

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

OWLS! posted:

QUAKE2_FULLBRIGHT01.jpg

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

OWLS! posted:

Is that really how the game looks? It looks like a vaguely improved version of loving Freelancer.

Hell, I recongize some of the icons from Freelancer.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RagnarokZ posted:

Is that really how the game looks?

Starting hangar seriously keeps on giving me Doom3 on Voodo2 flashbacks.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

RagnarokZ posted:

Is that really how the game looks? It looks like a vaguely improved version of loving Freelancer.

Hell, I recongize some of the icons from Freelancer.

No :) You can see what it looks like here: http://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus - Between crashes

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
All of the missions are "restore commlink at something array"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

i think some of you may, in fact, be being obtuse

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I come to you now despite a solemn oath to never cave and 9.95; I only wanted to lurk this thread from the shadows until CIG and SC were only a bad memory.

But I have to show support for this Loiosh character. His optimism borders on implausibility, but by god if he isn't the most civilized dude I have ever seen on the internet.

Be strong, Loisosh. Even as all us lurkers wait impatiently for SC to implode, we're all silently cheering you on while clinging stubbornly to our 9.95.

Yes, I speak for all lurkers.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Octopode posted:

Actually, in DS's defense, he said "Star Marine" specifically. So he's right, Star Marine, doesn't exist in 2.0.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Which is to say, Loisosh, you just cost me 9.95 you miserable bastard.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Danknificent posted:

Which is to say, Loisosh, you just cost me 9.95 you miserable bastard.

That's a full dinner for two at Taco Bell ;.;

I've stolen the best possible food from you and must apologize. Please forgive me!

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, what happened to THIS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPtCbeB0FaI

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

no_recall posted:

Actually, in DS's defense, he said "Star Marine" specifically. So he's right, Star Marine, doesn't exist in 2.0.

Also in those cases he just said he didn't believe it was going to happen. He didn't claim his sources told him as such.

I mean it's a few right a few wrong anyway, it hardly invalidates anything we're seeing now.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

RagnarokZ posted:

Isn't that from when someone ran Doom 3 off a pair of Voodoo 2's?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WebDog posted:

Isn't that from when someone ran Doom 3 off a pair of Voodoo 2's?

it is

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Gwaihir posted:

I don't think it looks all that terrible...

Except for the infuriating non stop head bobbing and spazzing the gently caress out jerking the camera around non stop everywhere holy poo poo it's so bad.

to be perfectly honest this is the kind of thing i'd be excited about if they had dropped it, you know, 6 months after the kickstarter

context matters

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Look, I don't want to spoil it too badly, but I got something from an inside source. A guy I know who knows a guy who knows a janitor who works at CIG who's friends with one of the mocap guys leaked me a jpeg of Sandi's Character and name. She's called Admiral Pine

Here's a jpeg

Seriously, that girl's more wooden than a log cabin.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Octopode posted:

You're making GBS threads me, right?

1) I was talking about the *new* Star Marine fps (combat, weapons etc as seen in GamesCom, CitizenCon) they canned and rolled into the PU. No, it's not there. The fps in there is the same one.
2) It does only contain one new ship. The Crucible. The Archimedes is not new. It's a variant of an existing ship. Look it up.
3) There is nothing "persistent" about this 2.0 release. Or you don't know what that even means
4) I didn't say anything about EVA
5) The 2.0 just released, has no missions in it
6) The 2.0 just released doesn't have the large world promised. In fact, go check their own star map to see what they just released
7) Multi-crew isn't working in the 2.0 just now released
8) There is no zone streaming because there are no zones in this 2.0 release. It's all one large area

Quoted again for context:

quote:

Well that's precisely what is playing out atm.

I don't believe that there will be anything tangible in the upcoming AC 2.0. And by the time the dust settles, everyone will be wondering why it's not AC 1.47 (or whatever)
I believe that they will try to get that 2.0 build out in the PTU in time for the anniversary sale on or before 11/26.
That 2.0 build won't i) have fps (aka Star Marine) in it ii) have anything "persistent" about it iii) have anything previously promised (see below) in it
Probably won't support any new ships. And if it does, there will be maybe one multi-crew ship (still trying to find out which one is the likely candidate)

And whatever they release as 2.0 is purely designed as more smoke and mirrors to show "progress". So it will be a buggy mess in PTU until well into 2016. Lest you forget, AC is still a buggy mess. And whatever it is they currently have in the PTU is best not even discussed. Remember, they still can't even get buggies to work right.

And this is everything that Chris - TODAY - said was in 2.0.

quote:

20 encounters (not sure what that even means. are they missions?)

8 dogfighting missions

8 research missions

1 exploration mission

1 on-going battle in the background

1 wreckage in asteroid belt

1 station with PvP (fps presumably)

Security area (not sure which location) is PvP for fps and you can pick up weapons, recharge etc

You can repair ships

You can heal players and group (?) with others

Mobi-glass

Access to Crusader region which has 3 moons, 3 stations and an asteroid belt

You can fly ships such as Avenger, Retaliator, Constellation, and Vanguard

New flight models (we already knew about this from dev logs)

You can now EVA from the ship. This was shown at CitizenCon

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 20, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Danknificent posted:

I come to you now despite a solemn oath to never cave and 9.95; I only wanted to lurk this thread from the shadows until CIG and SC were only a bad memory.

But I have to show support for this Loiosh character. His optimism borders on implausibility, but by god if he isn't the most civilized dude I have ever seen on the internet.

Be strong, Loisosh. Even as all us lurkers wait impatiently for SC to implode, we're all silently cheering you on while clinging stubbornly to our 9.95.

Yes, I speak for all lurkers.

I agree. And most of us said it several days ago. The guy is an absolute class act. If this thing ever turns to a game, I would definitely have him as my wingman.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Octopode posted:

I can't sleep for some reason. Anyway, I didn't even remember Derek said this "I believe that they will try to get that 2.0 build out in the PTU in time for the anniversary sale on or before 11/26. "

He's pretty spot on and thanks for quoting that, FPS isn't in as it's obvious they are recreating it and most of illfonics work was binned, FPS being the space balls game and gold horizon.

New constellation looks like it's in but shouldn't be, unsure how much actually is new and not seen before and you kinda wandered completely off point towards the end.

I want to revise my previous opinion that he might be out of sources.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress, the stream in a tiny window made me motion sick.

I don't get motion sick easily.

gently caress this, I'm out.

Glad I never gave these guys money, and they ain't getting any of mine going forward.

Teat it all down, folks. Teat it all down. (Rip Groon).

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

5) The 2.0 just released, has no missions in it
6) The 2.0 just released doesn't have the large world promised. In fact, go check their own star map to see what they just released
7) Multi-crew isn't working in the 2.0 just now released

I'm so confused, this isn't large world with the new 64 bit thingy whatsit zone magic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Eric Peterson's (Wingman) game is in early release and is fun and playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_sdhnoWiw8

• Locked thread