Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x03

:supaburn::supaburn: SWEET CHRISTMAS SPOTTED :supaburn::supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Episode 4: Holy poo poo this montage of witnesses, :laffo:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Watched the first two episodes.
Going to try spread this out over a week or two. Enjoyable so far. the nurse uniform was amazing.

The poor man trapped with his mum was awful. It's a shame he's trapped

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Heathen posted:

Sweet Christmas.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
1x3
Why have a crazy wall when you can have a crazy room?

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

1x04
I think Kilgrave is influencing Trish. He keeps trying to suppress her accent, but she is drat determined to let it occasionally slip through.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Heathen posted:

1x04
I think Kilgrave is influencing Trish. He keeps trying to suppress her accent, but she is drat determined to let it occasionally slip through.

Makes as much sense as my theory.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this is really good and i am really digging the way it's been shot too

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The ending of the first episode was insane.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x04

I thought the whole normal couple hunting down a gifted person was a bit too Heroes Reborn but the resulting scene of Jessica yelling at them to get over their crap just about made it worthwhile.

Right, time to nip off to the shop for supplies then back for more.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Need sleep, but also need episode 4...

Show owns. Show owns so much.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
1x05

There's a joke somewhere about Patsy Walker and pussy eating but I'm far too tired to figure it out.

edit: Jewel costume. Dooooooooooooooope.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Nov 20, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x05

Show would be better if Krysten Ritter was always in the hoagie costume

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

1x06: Kilgrave peeling back the wallpaper :tviv:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Heathen posted:

1x01

Well that was an ending. A dark, yet great way to start this show.

Yea ep 1 was kinda meh until that point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x05

Oh god Tennant is playing Kilgrave as the Tenth Doctor but a psycho :stonk:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
1x01

Decent start. The noir narration felt unnecessary and lazy though..

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
1x04
I think this subplot with the couple hunting gifted folks is the first thing in this series I disliked, unless it's supposed to reference something from the comics I missed. Even then it was just...weird and pointless. Absolutely phenomenal series otherwise.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

1x01

The girl's dad fixing the door cracked me up.

Also: Laser Eyes

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 20, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

1x03

Hahaha holy poo poo that flashback scene was super loving cheesy. I know it was supposed to be all emotional but it did not come off that way at all.

The show is kinda :mediocre: through 3 episodes. Trying too hard and not quite nailing it.

For comic readers: Is there a reason that Killgrave is loving with her? Because I hope he's just not evil for the sake of being evil.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

gently caress!!!!!!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They really just need to title the show Jessica Jones loving Hates Doors

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

1x03

Hahaha holy poo poo that flashback scene was super loving cheesy. I know it was supposed to be all emotional but it did not come off that way at all.

The show is kinda :mediocre: through 3 episodes. Trying too hard and not quite nailing it.

For comic readers: Is there a reason that Killgrave is loving with her? Because I hope he's just not evil for the sake of being evil.

1x03

I'm betting she's the only one to walk away, the only one he couldn't get to come back. It's pretty great story telling for me. I know nothing about the comics, but from these three episodes I'm getting a pretty good feeling for the man he is, that he's a possessive, fixated, broken man. She walked away, and that pisses him off more than anything.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Kilgrave is just nuts and does whatever he wants. He's not comic book evil in that he doesn't have any grand plans of world domination, but he's evil in that he's a psychopath who hasn't been denied anything he wants in a long time.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Argue posted:

Kilgrave is just nuts and does whatever he wants. He's not comic book evil in that he doesn't have any grand plans of world domination, but he's evil in that he's a psychopath who hasn't been denied anything he wants in a long time.

Pretty much this. In the comics the Purple Man can make people do whatever he wants because of pheromones he automatically exudes from his skin, so he's kind of a homicidal baby who gives no fucks. He does poo poo like telling everyone in a restaurant to stop breathing because thy're making too much noise while he's trying to eat, so an entire restaurant full of people asphyxiates while he eats lunch.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 20, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MrAristocrates posted:

1x06

I knew what was going to be behind there and it was disturbing as hell. This is the :gonk:iest show I've ever seen

I think I share a lot of similarities with Jessica and I can't work out if that's a good or a bad thing.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

1x02

"Now I don't give a bag of dicks what kinky poo poo you're into, just be into it quietly."

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

1x07

Just finished episode seven and jesus christ that was upsetting. i needed to have a minute to calm down before moving on.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Man everyone is making this sound bleaker than a season of Hannibal

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

1x08

That's Hank, say hi, Hank

"Hi Hank"

hehehehe

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Fell asleep, woke up, finished first episode.

Good job naming the girl Hope and then making GBS threads all over her

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rarity posted:

1x02

Luke being so bored by this barfight is hilarious

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

I want a Jessica Jones gang tag called Top Shelf Perverts.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Just watched 1x01. So far I'm giving it a B-. Good, but DD's first ep was better.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1x03 An entire Mannix season's worth of head trauma happened in about five minutes in that family's house :stare:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
1x05 A true hero sandwich

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DeafNote posted:

Man everyone is making this sound bleaker than a season of Hannibal

This is pretty loving bleak. I feel like my whole day is diving into misery and pain and despair.

Oh well, onto the next episode!

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Steve Yun posted:

Fell asleep, woke up, finished first episode.

Good job naming the girl Hope and then making GBS threads all over her

I hope she's okay by the end of the series :(

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

1x09: Holy poo poo, that got bad fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I've got a friend who is fairly easily trigged by suicide and it kind of seems by kilgraves nature that this will come up. Would I be correct in this assessment?