Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I've clicked through like 20 different random moments in this video and not in a single one they were showing actual gameplay.

:gary:Another success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Chris Roberts Desktop Commander 2.0 Alpha Edition

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Daztek posted:

In two weeks.

Alright thank you, sorry I just woke up to this.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Paladinus posted:

I've clicked through like 20 different random moments in this video and not in a single one they were showing actual gameplay.

:gary:Another success.

For some retarded reason the literal last hour of that video is after the livestream ended. If you look at the end of the livestream (like an hour before the video ends) you can see a set of gameplay clips looking janky as gently caress that could in all honesty be taken from any previously released video.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

alphabettitouretti posted:

Ignoring anything else that's hilariously wrong and broken about this crap, it is still amazing just how bad and boring the flight is. Every time a ship moves it feels like controlling an FPS game with clipping disabled. That they can't even get the most basic part of their space game to be fun or satisfying is a testament to their unending incompetence.

its ok as long as they keep adding in pointless minigames and feature creep

all hail material mixing for ship repairs!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
On the positive side the crashes every 5 minutes explain the mystery as to why CIG hasn't been showing live game play and will also serve to delay the discovery that I believe there won't be much content.

On the negative side the stream was really bad, the lack of a chanting and cheering live crowd was very noticeable and it's unfortunate that Sandi didn't think to hire some extras to perform this role.

If the figures don't pick up in a few hours I expect full blown panic mode to set in at CIG HQ.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mcjomar posted:

Just the streamers. Only 1000 shitizens got access so far.

and beer :911:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Daztek posted:

In two weeks.

I noticed the engineers Chris was talking to said "In a week... or so". They're really self conscious about saying a time period between one and three weeks.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Anyone got a link to the very first SC Games thread? I want to see how things....were

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

On the positive side the crashes every 5 minutes explain the mystery as to why CIG hasn't been showing live game play and will also serve to delay the discovery that I believe there won't be much content.

It's still bollocks though. Even if it was crashing regularly you'd only need to record a few hours of testing to get a good amount of usuable footage that could be cut together. Seems like a huge missed opportunity as they could have really ramped up the hype machine with a gameplay trailer. Unless its current state is just what they managed to cobble together at the last minute and it was even less functional before. Removing the physics entirely suggests that might be the case.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Oh dear

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

Anyone got a link to the very first SC Games thread? I want to see how things....were

Goons got mad because Chris Roberts name wasn't in the thread title and naturally people would throw their money at the screen if they could see right away it was THE Chris Roberto making the best drat space game ever.

Let's just say it was a different time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

imagine that everyone was octopode. even beer

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
So so glad I got out of this poo poo heap.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Still a sickening amount of money being thrown at Croberts addictions and Sandi's desperate need for attention.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 20, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

It's still bollocks though. Even if it was crashing regularly you'd only need to record a few hours of testing to get a good amount of usuable footage that could be cut together. Seems like a huge missed opportunity as they could have really ramped up the hype machine with a gameplay trailer.

Christmas is coming up and I suspect the staff are either split into being in complete denial, totally depressed or actively seeking other employment. Even putting a decent trailer together is possibly beyond them until next year, releasing what they did must have taken a significant amount of effort. I agree it's bollocks.

It was either not release something and have a massive loss in confidence or release something terrible and buy themselves some time, maybe two weeks. I thought the patch item summary posted earlier was real, my understanding at the moment is that there just isn't much there at all.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I'm glad the Starsector patch is out so I can play a space game that's actually good and fun and working right now. Seriously, buy Starsector

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

Christmas is coming up and I suspect the staff are either split into being in complete denial, totally depressed or actively seeking other employment. Even putting a decent trailer together is possibly beyond them until next year, releasing what they did must have taken a significant amount of effort. I agree it's bollocks.

It was either not release something and have a massive loss in confidence or release something terrible and buy themselves some time, maybe two weeks. I thought the patch item summary posted earlier was real, my understanding at the moment is that there just isn't much there at all.

It's really loving weird they spent hours of that livestream letting Croberts masturbate about mocap and cutscenes and then just dropped in 2.0 at the end with little in the way of footage. Also he loving said "movie" and the true believers still haven't caught on that he's in this for the chance to make believe as a director and not produce a game.

Be very interesting if Derek's prediction of major staff losses around Christmas comes true.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

(scaled down version if someone wants to buy a smilie)

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Be very interesting if Derek's prediction of major staff losses around Christmas comes true.

It's a shame DSmart spends so much effort criticizing Chris' games instead of making his better, then again his is irredeemably poo poo.

My friend got in and he's saying it's loads of fun but there's lots of bugs. I'll try to steal his account while he's playing Albion next week.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 20, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Did they announce their next jpeg?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Did they announce their next jpeg?

Yeah, it's a repair ship and it's $350

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Alan Smithee posted:

iirc it was a whole lot of theory crafting and fantasizing about EVE scale shenanigans and bragging about dropping poo poo loads on this steaming pile every time a new jpg was announced.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

kikkelivelho posted:

I'm glad the Starsector patch is out so I can play a space game that's actually good and fun and working right now. Seriously, buy Starsector

I totally forgot about this game, I bought it in.. 2012? When it was still called Starfarer. So what has changed? :v:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

AP posted:

and buy themselves some time, maybe two weeks.

Buy themselves time for what, though? Serious question.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Danknificent posted:

It doesn't matter because two weeks is actually a really really long time. Weeks from now you'll be amazed as those two weeks just keep on stretching away into the future. The FPS module has been two weeks away for at least a year now and it doesn't seem any closer now than it did then.

Two weeks is enough time to achieve anything in the world of Star Citizen.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Is there any video of the FPS yet. Weird no one has uploaded footage of that yet.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

It's a shame DSmart spends so much effort criticizing Chris' games instead of making his better, then again his is irredeemably poo poo.

My friend got in and he's saying it's loads of fun but there's lots of bugs. I'll try to steal his account while he's playing Albion next week.

No it's not a shame it is funny and he should do it full time. And while his games may be bad they do at least exist and don't entirely feel like they're being held together with sticky tape and dreams.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Danknificent posted:

To further Chris Roberts movie directing dreams. The shell game must continue until the movie named SQ42 comes out

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

quote:

I woke up today on my free day to see i was selected to play 2.0 on the PTU. I downloaded the client and there i went, after a couple crashes it seemed pretty stable and off i went on my first mission to repair a comm relay. After killing off the pirates the objective wasnt completed and i started to wonder what else i needed to do and then it hit me, i had to eva inside the relay to fix it. It was so weird to actually do that as never any game has made it this far. The experience was absolutely awesome to eject and to eva my way into the relay, through small corridors to access the computer inside. My mind was absolutely blown.

:psyduck:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Is there any video of the FPS yet. Weird no one has uploaded footage of that yet.

No it's not a shame it is funny and he should do it full time. And while his games may be bad they do at least exist and don't entirely feel like they're being held together with sticky tape and dreams.

idk m8 I look at this gameplay and think "wow, they actually pulled it off". Get around some of the technical limitations and it'll be a solid foundation for the rest of the game.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Crobizzle really comes off as one of the most unprofessional persons I have ever seen. Dude mubles, umms and awes constantly, and he can not loving stop fidgeting/swivelling his god drat chair in the youtube video. He also likes staring off into nothingness when he spouts his mushmouth bullshit instead of the camera/viewer. AND STOP SLOUCHING!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

calling bullshit because he didnt crash 17 times

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

idk m8 I look at this gameplay and think "wow, they actually pulled it off". Get around some of the technical limitations and it'll be a solid foundation for the rest of the game.

ya if only they had a solid foundation for their flight model

or crosshairs for the FPS part

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

It's just the same crappy space combat in a bigger map with some bits where you can allegedly get out and walk around. And it still runs like total poo poo and crashes all the time even without the physics that apparently aren't working. They are a long, long way from achieving even a fraction of what's been promised.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

It's just the same crappy space combat in a bigger map with some bits where you can allegedly get out and walk around. And it still runs like total poo poo and crashes all the time even without the physics that apparently aren't working. They are a long, long way from achieving even a fraction of what's been promised.

4 years and 95 million dollars bb

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Daztek posted:

I totally forgot about this game, I bought it in.. 2012? When it was still called Starfarer. So what has changed? :v:

The entire game is 150 MB in size. Just download and try it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Maldoror posted:

please clean / remove his eye boogers for him. :\

Yeah he had them bad the other day poor fella, don't worry Citizen my cat eye care is good, count on it

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Well they certainly pulled something off

But we've had players jankily walking round and performing over elaborate animations for a very long time.

We've had people flying a small number of poorly controlled and unbalanced space ships too.

I'm really looking forward to seeing footage of a real human playing something that's actually new. The FPS would be great, some sort of mission system would be great. But at the moment I'm not seeing any of that.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tokamak posted:

Chris Roberts Desktop Commander 2.0 Alpha Edition

"The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master." -Chris Roberts to Derek Smart in Court Wars Episode 4: There's no hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Danknificent posted:

Same as always, they need time to raise more money, which pays for the time needed to reach the next sale.

• Locked thread