Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Hav posted:

I'm fairly convinced that this is a Ponzi now. The ship sales being run to cover the operating and presumably refund costs. The game is a plausible cover and can keep them going until they shut up shop. Sure, this could be hyperbole, but sometimes you have to produce a huge 'what if' and think big.

These 'alpha' releases are having the opposite effect of making people feel better about development, so they're not about proudly presenting something. They're about cycling the hype train until the next round of jpeg sales.

Consider that the product here has no value. The current audience has already paid into it, and has purchased the product. This money has provided the burn rate for the company for four years, with the offhand 'prediction' that it's going to out next year; they already have their captured audience and they have to squeeze them to provide for any shortfall. They're headed for a liquidity crisis, IMO.

I say this because they're discounting goods that don't exist, or in some cases simply haven't been produced.

It's certainly possible. I think anyone who is concerned this is the case should get their refunds ASAP (or already have on the forums here). It's not my position, but I totally support people getting out if they even consider this a risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Nailed it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

How can you look at that cockpit and think it's gorgeous? And everything is constantly shaking.

That video is amazing and everyone who loves comedy should watch it.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Personally I don't think who you are as a person is reflected in how you think things are progressing; as I said earlier you seem pretty chill and I suspect hanging out with you would be fun. Beer's on me. Especially since you don't drink. It's cool that you see something in this that you want to play. My problem is that there is no guarantee that the game you want to see is the game they're actually going to deliver. If CIG is so willing to expand the scope there's nothing preventing them from contracting once times and finances get tough. Credibility is crucial when it comes to a crowd-funded effort and CIG has repeatedly demonstrated an utter lack of it with respect to everything from their marketing strategy to project management. You see the game you want because CIG has made a product that's amorphous enough to be everything to everyone. CIG's marketing strategy is so effective because they're selling a dream while producing a game. Yesterday's livestream is a perfect example of that. The dream of Star Citizen, the ship sales promising a whole new realm of gameplay and Mark Hamill chatting about bringing the band bank together and all the technology, was front and center. The actual game was an afterthought, discussed after the livestream had already went past its time.

It's cool that you can step in at this time and see a game that appeals to you. The problem is that there is no evidence of such a game actually existing, nor is there any way for someone to tell what that game actually is. For all the technical marvel that is Arena Commander 2.0 (and it really is a step above where the were before, and the team should be proud of their accomplishments), I'm not seeing anything that wasn't promised as part of the original scope.

Thanks for that :)

You know my feelings on where that team is and what they've delivered, we'll just have to agree to disagree over water and beer sometime!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

XK posted:

I saw someone get in a turret and operate it. The ships seem to have problems with more than one person on them at a time. I saw a guy phase out of his ship when someone else flew away with it. Then it hung there over the pad, he jet packed up into the bay, and when he tried to enter a crew door the center of the screen pinched like it was doing the warp drive, then the ship ejected itself from around him and appeared over the opposite side of the pad.

Someone had a description of this release last night that completely nailed it. It's an object viewer. You can "fly" around, there's hints of neat things hidden about, the individual assets look good, but it's almost all "look but don't touch". You could have nearly the same experience zooming around in a model viewer.

The engine is obviously designed for ship movement. It looks like they have just tried to scale that down for the characters. Problem with this is that it makes the characters movement too 'floaty'.
The characters move like unity character asset packs I have seen on one of Jim Sterling's piss take videos.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

illectro posted:

WTF - Loiosh wants FSX depth without button pushing, but thinks that the system simulation in E:D with all its automation is not that thing.
This is a case of carefully placing the goalposts to try and fit Star Citizen in without letting other games through.

Pretty much, whenever you show them an example of a game that they want (that handwaves the grognardy sim bits with computers, etc), they yell "NOT DEEP ENOUGH", show them a proper grognardy sim, they yell "TOO COMPLEX, NOT INTERESTED"

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Paladinus posted:

How can you look at that cockpit and think it's gorgeous? And everything is constantly shaking.

It's like people who have coded this have never walked before, your head does go up and down as you walk but your vision doesn't as it corrects for that. Then I remember Lesnik and yeah, they probably have never walked anywhere.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

People saying they aren't making the money this time are looking at the wrong place, I think. By the spreadsheet's count they made over $500k in the first day of the sale.

They need an average figure of above 500k per 24 hour period for every 24 hour period of the entire sale to match last year. Roughly day one you'd expect 3-4 times the average figure to come close to that. That's why I think they'll have to sell something else unless it somehow improves a lot.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Paladinus posted:

And everything is constantly shaking.

/r/starcitizen has noticed this.

quote:

So, in my brief unstable time in the PTU, the biggest thing I've noticed so far is that the weird shaking you used to get from flying far out in Arena Commander is back now. It seems to be fine as long as you're near a point-of-interest, but if you go to cruise and travel off the beaten path just a bit, things go all to hell and you're disconnected shortly afterwards. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is? I thought the 64-bit conversion and camera-relative rendering was supposed to fix this. It does make me a little worried for exploration and such, since I can't even really fly around Port Olisar without getting this issue.

There's also apparently a glitch where pushing another player while they're at a terminal locks them out until they're pushed back, and trying to refuel or repair a ship crashes the whole server.

Actually this sounds like a fun game.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Loiosh posted:

Thanks for that :)

You know my feelings on where that team is and what they've delivered, we'll just have to agree to disagree over water and beer sometime!

You mentioned previously that seeing the scope of SC expand to what it is right now is what got you so enthused. I'm genuinely curious; what do you think the scope of SC is right now? What game are we getting, and how has it changed from what was to be delivered a year ago?

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

OWLS! posted:

Pretty much, whenever you show them an example of a game that they want (that handwaves the grognardy sim bits with computers, etc), they yell "NOT DEEP ENOUGH", show them a proper grognardy sim, they yell "TOO COMPLEX, NOT INTERESTED"

I explained my reasoning on the previous page. I've been aware of this game for months. It's really a case of: I did this with airplane sims for a few years. And it was fun, but I'm ready for something new. I mean if you want to try to talk me into E:D, I've already played it. My husband and roommate both have it. Roommate was borrowing my equipment to play it to see what he thought.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loiosh posted:

Sorry I got confused there. My answer is going to be one that a lot of people will disagree with, I gather. My thoughts I've written out before, but not directly addressed this specific question. My personal point of view, from working within software, but not on gaming, is that it's quite difficult to get estimates right. I've worked for the telecom industry for about five years. After that I worked for a backup company, and we had a lot of difficulty hitting release dates.

In fact, right now the product I'm involved with is about two quarters late. The next major release is already a year late. And no, it's not my fault :). When I did telecom, we were a year behind on delivering LTE. We didn't even have a test tool to begin development on VoLTE features because everyone was behind. Nethawk, Brix, Tektronix, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, everyone was late and missing dates. The reason is related directly to complexity. None of us really had a grasp on how difficult implementing LTE would be. Hell, the 3g stuff before this was a bitch, but at least that was built on top of 2g protocol, so we had some layers and code we could reuse. When we jumped on LTE, we had to pretty much start over.

So when I see another software project missing estimates, I'm not shocked. I'm, at this point, still curious to see what will come out of it.

Good lord man, we're not talking about release dates 6 months or 1 year in the future, we're talking about poo poo that "is getting the the final polish and will be released in a week tops pinky swear". Or waiting for the end of a sale to announce that some module got delayed 2 weeks 2 decades when just days before the sale it was "right around the corner".
I get what you say when you talk about how much this is exactly the game you were looking for and you're willing to wait but there is being patient and there is being self-deluding. There have been several instances of Chris straight out lying - not making mistakes - lying. Unless Chris is secretly a buffoon that just gets paraded in front of a camera to repeat what Ben tells him to?! You can argue that "sometimes you need to tell a lie in order to do good by the costumer in the end" and that might or might not be the case but can you at least acknowledge that much?

And you keep bringing Diablo this and Halo that, and this game had a this problem and that game got delayed at a that point, same as SC really, but you never seem to realize that no single game you bring up had all of those problems and delays.

I'm not trying to be an rear end to you, I genuinely enjoy reading your posts because they are well informed about the gaming industry and present a refreshingly reasonable perspective from "the other side" but it seems to me that you are making an active effort not to admit certain things to yourself and deliberately keep a positive perspective at all costs.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 20, 2015

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You mentioned previously that seeing the scope of SC expand to what it is right now is what got you so enthused. I'm genuinely curious; what do you think the scope of SC is right now? What game are we getting, and how has it changed from what was to be delivered a year ago?

The first part of the answer is here (why am I interested, what scope am I looking for): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=309&perpage=40#post452516218

In answer to the right now part, I'm not in the PTU, so it's the same as it's been since the end of last year with AC 1.3, as far as I have access to. I've read a few interesting posts on the commercial passenger transport system, the repair system, other things like that, but as to what I have access to right now, it's nothing different from last year, which is something Derek pointed out about 10 pages ago.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

It's like people who have coded this have never walked before, your head does go up and down as you walk but your vision doesn't as it corrects for that. Then I remember Lesnik and yeah, they probably have never walked anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNc5mv5OW5E

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

Holy poo poo, when the boss' wife says 'stop talking start dancing' you drat well better get your groove on. That poor minion didn't hesitate!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

G0RF posted:

Meanwhile, on the Merchandise front, a fan tries to gently shame Sandi into using his better solution for Star Citizen swag.

This guy's merch looks better and would deliver faster than CIG's China solution (whether they did an outsourcing contract or licensing one). That CIG should do this or something like this has been obvious forever-- and yet...

...he took to reddit to try to get Sandi to pull the trigger- even putting out a poll titled "Getting Star Citizen Better Merchandise".

Personally, I think he just torpedoed his chances (and fan hopes). Quantifying fan dissatisfaction with CIG's crap solution does not seem a smart way to curry favor with someone who prizes loyalty above all other traits and expends enormous effort projecting an image of marketing competence.

That dozens chimed in excited about his proposal will likely be seen as an act of mass insubordination, further dooming the chances this better solution will see the light of day...

Oh well-- we'll always have China.

This is the crowdfunding equivalent of going over someone's head to talk their boss. Consider Sandi Bridge burned

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So did Sandi leave the company?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
For those of you seeking your Completionist badge in the Star Citizen Trivial Pursuit...

Some more corroborating of the claims of CS5's claims in The Escapist's Star Citizen exposé.

Specifically:

quote:

CS5 stated that Gardiner would be out of the country on vacation or auditioning for movie or television roles, allegedly paid for with company money, but would post images of the office - taken by another employee - to make it appear as though she was at work.

Reverse the Verse 16
http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/c/5189340

53:25
Sandi gets in to the office at noon.

53:50
“I’m supposed to look nerdy, do you think this will do?” - She is apparently returning from yet another acting audition (not the gangland tatted-up version she talked about 10 minutes in to RtV 15-, or is it?) and Ben tells her she's got kind of a "sexy teacher" vibe thing going on, which then prompts her to then reveal yet another former career achievement we didn't know about:

quote:

“No, seriously-- I am actually a high school science teacher. I didn’t do a very good job at it.”
Since self-criticism is so rare from Sandi, I'm going to take her at her word. At least on that last part.

Keep going, Sandi-- sooner or later you'll land that dream part and leave this whole embarrassing nerdfest behind you.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 20, 2015

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

This is the crowdfunding equivalent of going over someone's head to talk their boss. Consider Sandi Bridge burned

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

EightAce posted:

There from that Vincent Character that they unveiled last night.Chris just likes to watch

Please don't start a Chris Got Cucked maymay. A very sexy man's livelihood is on the line :swoon:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Loiosh, it sucks you can't accept these warning signs. I still think you should get a refund and buy back in with a base package. If their finances are fine, they won't miss your $1500, and you've avoided feeling like and idiot.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Honestly, this project is suffering from scope creep like you wouldn't believe. Spend any time working in the DC area and you'll very quickly become acquainted with bad management practices that lead to scope creep and not delivering a product. Croberts and Co. hit all the high notes with bad management, too. Pretty soon someone is going to have to invoke the Iron Law of Defense Spending and even that's being generous to Croberts and Co.

Iron Law of Defense Spending: Whatever system you requisitioned will cost twice as much, take twice as long to deliver, and have half of the promised capabilities.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Google Butt posted:

Loiosh, it sucks you can't accept these warning signs. I still think you should get a refund and buy back in with a base package. If their finances are fine, they won't miss your $1500, and you've avoided feeling like and idiot.

This is the gambit that all Star Citizen backers should use. Everything is either totally hosed so you should get your money back asap OR it's an unstoppable juggernaut that will get released at which point you can chuck $60 at them and play your space trucking game. If you beleive 100% in the Star Citizen project then stopping backing them now doesn't mean anything and hedges your bets against them making an unplayable mess.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

G0RF posted:

For those of you seeking your Completionist badge in the Star Citizen Trivial Pursuit...

Some more corroborating of the claims of CS5's claims in The Escapist's Star Citizen exposé.

Specifically:

Reverse the Verse 16
http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/c/5189340

53:25
Sandi gets in to the office at noon.

53:50
“I’m supposed to look nerdy, do you think this will do?” - She is apparently returning from yet another acting audition (not the gangland tatted-up version she talked about 10 minutes in to RtV 15-, or is it?) and Ben tells her she's got kind of a "sexy teacher" vibe thing going on, which then prompts her to then reveal yet another former career achievement we didn't know about:

Since self-criticism is so rare from Sandi, I'm going to take her at her word. At least on that last part.

Keep going, Sandi-- sooner or later you'll land that dream part and leave this whole embarrassing nerdfest behind you.

She should kill Olivia Munn. I think that's the chick taking all her roles

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

G0RF posted:

[which then prompts her to then reveal yet another former career achievement we didn't know about:

quote:

“No, seriously-- I am actually a high school science teacher. I didn’t do a very good job at it.”

If you believe this you probably spent a lot of money on spaceship jpegs.

I mean, that she was a science teacher at all, not that she was bad at it. That's a given.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Sandi really comes across as one of those "been everywhere, done everything" kinds of people who just bullshit so much you have no loving idea what they're lying about anymore so you just assume it's one huge big lie. Between doing multiple degrees, acting/modelling, promoting nightclubs and producing films, I'm surprised she managed to fit high school teaching in too.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

Good lord man, we're not talking about release dates 6 months or 1 year in the future, we're talking about poo poo that "is getting the the final polish and will be released in a week tops pinky swear". Or waiting for the end of a sale to announce that some module got delayed 2 weeks 2 decades when just days before the sale it was "right around the corner".
I get what you say when you talk about how much this is exactly the game you were looking for and you're willing to wait but there is being patient and there is being self-deluding. There have been several instances of Chris straight out lying - not making mistakes - lying. Unless Chris is secretly a buffoon that just gets paraded in front of a camera to repeat what Ben tells him to?! You can argue that "sometimes you need to tell a lie in order to do good by the costumer in the end" and that might or might not be the case but can you at least acknowledge that much?

And you keep bringing Diablo this and Halo that, and this game had a this problem and that game got delayed at a that point, same as SC really, but you never seem to realize that no single game you bring up had all of those problems and delays.

I'm not trying to be an rear end to you, I genuinely enjoy reading your posts because they are well informed about the gaming industry and present a refreshingly reasonable perspective from "the other side" but it seems to me that you are making an active effort not to admit certain things to yourself and deliberately keep a positive perspective at all costs.

I guess you haven't been in that position before to see this happen from the inside. Going to talk about some personal history here, so bare [edit: bear! thanks Danknificent] with me. My company was a week away from delivering a new VoLTE module for an LTE tool. To cover some history, LTE is a weird child for the telecom industry. Most of the telecom guys come from a pure telecom history, we're talking protocols on top of protocols, MEGACO on top of SS7, on top of T1 channels, on top of hardware. About a decade or more back, the computer community tried to come in and deliver a telecom-like protocol replacement for basically all of the voice channel data (it would replace things like MEGACO and H.323 and others). It was called SIP and designed from an IP-stack ideal. Instead of using the historic signaling system (SS7 = Signalling System No. 7, used for doing signaling over POTS and ISDN/T1 lines), they would use IP with HTTP-like signals. SIP 401 = unauthorized, 200 = OK, etc). The telecom industry hated it. HATED IT! It wasn't built on top of existing signalling. They didn't get the say of experienced companies like Lucent and Siemens, it came from OUTSIDE and was weird.

However, it was the right way. Over time, the telecom industry slowly started adopting SIP (for signaling) and RTP for audio. It would get integrated together with the existing technologies for 3g and CDMA and kinda show up randomly in places, but was never really embraced. We were still sitting on top of SS7 or ALCAP on the wireless side, talking from nodeB to RNC to IuB/PS/CS to the core and occasionally make use of a little SIP for things like IP phones. For the next generation after 3g, everyone realized that the way 3g (GSM in particular) was built on top of 2g, was built on top of stuff like SS7 and T1/ISDN lines and 64k channels, was just not going to work for the future. There was this fancy new internet thing (in 2004 or so), and here was this nice protocol that mostly worked for signalling (SIP). After a few years of fighting, the industry finally agreed that LTE should be IP-based instead of channel based, and the SIP model would work. In addition, instead of rewriting signaling for doing the voice data, they should just pick up SIP/RTP and use that. So we get LTE, and for doing voice over the data side, they go with VoLTE. Now, being the telecom industry, we cannot just let a nice protocol like SIP be all by itself, so more capabilities are added and SIP is wrapped under IMS. When you want to setup a voice (audio) session, an IMS session is created and it speaks SIP to the end points. After an exchange, IMS opens a voice channel. You can read all about it here: http://lteuniversity.com/get_trained/expert_opinion1/b/bbest/archive/2012/12/17/the-volte-conversation-between-ims-and-lte.aspx

So here we are, a week away from the promised launch of a load tester for VoLTE.

And ours has a bug, one we didn't experience in testing. We offer previews to customers so that they can test against other companies that are making test hardware. So here's the operator (network operator, people who use this product, think Verizon) who is testing our product. And here's Alcatel-Lucent's high performance switch which is what is going to be load tested. And right when they start to test, before even the first real call is setup, no voice data is going. I get a call at home that something is wrong from our tech team. They have me scheduled to fly out TOMORROW to Naperville (where the lucent side of Alcatel-Lucent is based. That's where they do a lot of their feature testing) to work directly with their team. Come to find out, the ipV6 tunnels are not being setup correctly. Al-Lu has a vendor specific message that we didn't encounter in testing. Within the ipv6 tunnel what's called an Auth is exchanged. Our equipment needs to calculate the auth token and complete the key exchange so we can verified we're secured inside the ipv6 tunnel. And they've changed the message. I cannot remember what exactly it was, but during key exchange you echo the auth and do a calculation based in the IK, and they were using an additional field.

That field caused the tunnel to not get established, and thus the AS would fail to negotiate correctly for the VoLTE session. We went from 1 week to a month of delay because we had to rewrite the entire messaging engine. Not only could you not add this new field to our Authorization header, but we didn't even have the capability to change how the auth token was generated. We're not just talking software improvements, we're talking an entire rewrite for our FPGA team as well. We're a load tester, right? We need to generate hundreds of thousands of these, which means FPGA. But the FPGA didn't have that capability.

---

So I'm kinda used to stuff happening and delaying things. Completely unexpected things where we -knew- we would have it in a week and then something critical happens that no one projected and it's scramble time to fix everything. I'm so glad I don't work in gaming. I could never handle dealing with tackling the kinds of issues game devs deal with. Our poo poo is pretty well understood. But when you're doing something like CIG or No Man Sky, you're out there on your own. I cannot imagine being an engineer tasked with those duties, and having to deliver them and provide estimates that thousands of software experts will call you on. That LTE story isn't even the worst thing that happened (ask me about wimax support one day).

Anyways, long story short, my entire career has been filled with experiences like this. Yeah, Chris gets it wrong to the point he's stopped offering dates, but then, so have I.

Loiosh fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 20, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

If you believe this you probably spent a lot of money on spaceship jpegs.

I mean, that she was a science teacher at all, not that she was bad at it. That's a given.

I haven't watched the video but might that not mean she was auditioning for the role of a high school science teacher, and thinks her chances of getting the role aren't great?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

CrazyTolradi posted:

Sandi really comes across as one of those "been everywhere, done everything" kinds of people who just bullshit so much you have no loving idea what they're lying about anymore so you just assume it's one huge big lie. Between doing multiple degrees, acting/modelling, promoting nightclubs and producing films, I'm surprised she managed to fit high school teaching in too.
Don't forget that she has 15/15 vision, trains in MMO with a 6th Dan Blackbelt, Speaks 5 languages (and is reading LOTR in French with her book club), and is of Native American descent (mother's side).

:parrot:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

When you see people like bootcha and beer pulling out, what do you think?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

AP posted:

I haven't watched the video but might that not mean she was auditioning for the role of a high school science teacher, and thinks her chances of getting the role aren't great?
Yeah, I thought that at first, too- and it could be that, but the way she says it, "No, seriously- I am actually a science teacher. A high school science teacher. I didn't do a very good job at it." comes across like she's letting them know something about her that they didn't know. It could be read either way, though. The important thing is that I learned something new in watching it- that she is capable, occasionally, of self-critique. So that's something.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Google Butt posted:

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of my needs or wants. I'm happy to have donated that money to this project. I've been holding off while I wait for 2.0 because I want to see it for myself. I'm not interested in a refund because I like what I see.

I wish people would stop telling me what to do with my money. I already donate plenty to other projects, and I'm happy with where things stand. I've explained why in detail, even if you do not agree. :/

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Loiosh posted:

so bare with me

I won't tell you what to do with your money, but you actually want to use bear here. (Bear like Putin rides on, not bare like clothes off.)

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

G0RF posted:

and is of Native American descent (mother's side).

I have to ask since I keep seeing this pop up, is this the new fad in America atm, which is somehow supposed to absolve you of all criticism of racism?

Danknificent posted:

(Bear like Putin rides on, not bare like clothes off.)

To be fair, tho, he does ride bare too!

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Danknificent posted:

I won't tell you what to do with your money, but you actually want to use bear here. (Bear like Putin rides on, not bare like clothes off.)

I'm bi, so I'd totally be okay with bare, but grammar oops, doh. D:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Loiosh posted:

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of my needs or wants. I'm happy to have donated that money to this project. I've been holding off while I wait for 2.0 because I want to see it for myself. I'm not interested in a refund because I like what I see.

I wish people would stop telling me what to do with my money. I already donate plenty to other projects, and I'm happy with where things stand. I've explained why in detail, even if you do not agree. :/

Sorry to hear about your brain problems.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Woo, finished closing out the account, took about two weeks of gaggling for Customer Service to finish the request, and they paypalled back the full amount of what I didn't sell off.

I'll be back (two weeks) before the release to see if this poo poo-show pulled itself together. See you all in 2017.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

CrazyLoon posted:

I have to ask since I keep seeing this pop up, is this the new fad in America atm, which is somehow supposed to absolve you of all criticism of racism?

To be fair, tho, he does ride bare too!

In the South especially, "I'm 1/32 Cherokee" really means "Great-great-grand-dad knocked up one of the slaves."

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Loiosh posted:

I'm bi, so I'd totally be okay with bare, but grammar oops, doh. D:

Are you as attractive as Putin?

edit: on a bear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

alphabettitouretti posted:

/r/starcitizen has noticed this.

There's also apparently a glitch where pushing another player while they're at a terminal locks them out until they're pushed back, and trying to refuel or repair a ship crashes the whole server.

Actually this sounds like a fun game.

So from that description it sounds as though CIG didn't change it to 64 bit, and are instead just loading 32bit maps at each point of interest.

• Locked thread