Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Eve Online even does the ship-ad thing better :colbert:

And the ship will actually exist, of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLV2ZNuJVug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

1500 posted:

Well CR stated that he would be reimbursed for his expenses for that first year. This happened when SC hit the 20 million TOTALLY FUNDED mark, just for CR to state nope sorry we forgot about taxes and I need my money back. And so the new goal was 23 million.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about and the primary reason why only idiots would try to discard that first year when in fact money was spent on the "game". Nobody gives a poo poo if it was a concept, production demo - or all of it tossed. Money (backers or not) was spent and for this project, so I 100% has to count. Only idiots keep trying to put this through revisionist history.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

revmoo posted:

Yeah the game looks fantastic. There's plenty of talented people working on it, but that's not where the problems are.

It's too bad really.

To me it looks like a janky floaty jittery mess. If this were an alpha I would expect the reverse, the art assets would look poor and the engine and mechanics would be somewhat smooth by now. It looks like they have a ton more work to do in terms of fixing the FPS portion.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Omi-Polari posted:

To be honest I laughed in the tutorial where you explain how to do inter-system jumps and there's an experienced commander method and a "man-child" method. Old school.

hahaha. yeah, that's how I used to roll back in the day. :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SirTagz posted:

Btw has anyone tried Alt-TAB in SC? I dont care enough to install but wondering...

Last I checked, it worked just fine. YMMV

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

D_Smart posted:

The YouTube of the stream isn't up yet so I can verify exactly how he worded it.

Derek, I JUST explained how to watch recently streamed videos on Twitch. For someone who claims to be so technical, even the simplest things go over your head sometimes.

Recording is here:
http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen/v/26605051

Talk about 2.0 stuff starts at around 3:10:00

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
You know that feeling, as a man, of post-coital apathy where you just don't care when you're done? Now that I've been refunded, I feel that same way towards Star Citizen. I just don't care, drama or otherwise.

Thanks for the many night stand Star Citizen.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

From what I understand, they tried to cover up the fact they were married for reasons we can only speculate, Derek called them out at some point, and her response has been ":byodame: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IVE NEVER TRIED TO COVER UP MY MARITAL STATUS!"

No, I get that, but even when she made her speech that "its never been a secret" during the Con, she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. Whereas today she seems to have turned up the "Chris and I are in an amazing marriage" dial to 11.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Ey Derek, do you want to make something or judge for the Something Awful gamedev contest next year? It's usually a lot of fun, and I think you would do a good job as one of the presenters for the gong show.

If you do, I will send you British foods.

Last year for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXn2dtPNNJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXC5iCdDm8Q

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

RuckusRouser posted:

No, I get that, but even when she made her speech that "its never been a secret" during the Con, she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. Whereas today she seems to have turned up the "Chris and I are in an amazing marriage" dial to 11.

She is overcompensating because she has a major crush on the new French guy. Just watch the live stream, if those two are not screwing yet, they will the next time she has a "French book club".

1500 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 20, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

RuckusRouser posted:

Derek, do you know of any reason why Sandi is suddenly pushing the "I am married to Chris" thing in such a hardcore manner? Between the anniversary flowers tweet and suddenly wearing a ring that she hasn't ever worn in public appearances, including her CitCon reveal speech, it seems REALLY odd.

Yeah, I've been pondering that one for some time now. I got nuthin' but theories.

The thing to remember is that these people apparently harp on everything I post and/or say. And since they have people who scan Goon enclave for meaty morsels to send back to the mother ship, my guess is that they are trying to address any appearance of doubt, in the public domain.

It's no different from back when I started harping about her non-credentials. Then she subsequently didn't post, you know, actual credentials (which she doesn't have), but part (you couldn't see the masthead) of a letter from what appears to be from an undergrad program at what is the equivalent of a technical college for us folks in the US.

Also, after $95m shoved into a train wreck, and seeing as she was an "actress" prior to Star Citizen, one could assume that riding the "I'm married to Chris Roberts, creator of Star Citizen" hype train is good for Hollywood cred. Especially if she's now standing in the same room, talking to and breathing the same air with the likes of Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill et al. Something that - outside of Star Citizen - would never ever have happened to an "actress" of her caliber. Other than fetching coffee maybe. Remember, she was an intern at Ascendant Pictures where she met Chris.

She is an opportunist. So this is just part of that.

When this poo poo show crashes - as I have no doubt that it will before long - she still has Hollywood because something like Star Citizen is a once in a lifetime kinda deal. The sort of thing that only an incompetent rear end like Chris Roberts, could blow with impunity.

As I've said before, if one or more of these people done get brought up on charges by the Feds when this explodes, I will be very - very - surprised.

ps: No, she's neither fluent in French, nor German. I have it on first-hand authority how/where she got German lessons.

SirPhoebos posted:

From what I understand, they tried to cover up the fact they were married for reasons we can only speculate, Derek called them out at some point, and her response has been ":byodame: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IVE NEVER TRIED TO COVER UP MY MARITAL STATUS!"

Yes. Pretty much.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 20, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If sandi and chris get divorced does she take half of CIG with her?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yes.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Won't someone think of the children?

Fortunately Seraph has been banned.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

FPS is in, as it turns out- gameplay for anyone not following streams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7m98VWBEA

He actually shoots the drat gun at around 7:30. It looks pretty... rudimentary, but really it's about all I was expecting in a first release. It's not the pillar on which the game is supposed to be built, just a supporting aspect. Still waiting on multi-crew.

Danknificent posted:

That didn't look too bad at all. Far from perfect, but if that was the first thing I ever saw from Star Citizen, and someone told me it was pre-alpha, I'd probably be sold.

Yeah, well it's now flagged as private. Fake?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

D_Smart posted:

I have it on first-hand authority how/where she got German lessons.

Is this the setup to a Karl joke? I hope it's the setup to a Karl joke.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

FPS is in, as it turns out- gameplay for anyone not following streams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7m98VWBEA

He actually shoots the drat gun at around 7:30. It looks pretty... rudimentary, but really it's about all I was expecting in a first release. It's not the pillar on which the game is supposed to be built, just a supporting aspect. Still waiting on multi-crew.

Flagged as private, because Goons... Goons ruin everything, god drat.

Nov 3, 2015

D_Smart posted:

ps: No, she's neither fluent in French, nor German. I have it on first-hand authority how/where she got German lessons.

Hitlar? It would explain singing the Nazi anthem.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

RuckusRouser posted:

Derek, I JUST explained how to watch recently streamed videos on Twitch. For someone who claims to be so technical, even the simplest things go over your head sometimes.

Recording is here:

Yeah, and the person you explained it to (me) didn't need the explanation- since he's been watching and downloading twitch stuff (CIG & whatever else) for awhile...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 20, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Solomonic posted:

Is this the setup to a Karl joke? I hope it's the setup to a Karl joke.

Nah

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

grimcreaper posted:

Flagged as private, because Goons... Goons ruin everything, god drat.

ketchup ruins everything

i dont think hitler gave people german lessons. also sandi is too young.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D_Smart posted:

Here it is

http://www.twitch.tv/badnewsbaron/v/26791424

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

RuckusRouser posted:

Recording is here:

Thanks. I didn't know TwitchTV allowed that. It has nothing to do with technical prowess. It's just ignorance of how it worked.

Nov 3, 2015

ShredsYouSay posted:

ketchup ruins everything

You are assuming that he is not her grandfather.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ShredsYouSay posted:

Ey Derek, do you want to make something or judge for the Something Awful gamedev contest next year? It's usually a lot of fun, and I think you would do a good job as one of the presenters for the gong show.

If you do, I will send you British foods.

Last year for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXn2dtPNNJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXC5iCdDm8Q

I don't mind judging. PM me details. I'm in.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ShredsYouSay posted:

ketchup ruins everything

Add ketchup to tea, to taste. Enjoy the hot ketchup aroma wafting up from your cup of delicious tea. That is all.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Always good to see the creepy investigating in to Sandi hasn't let up. Jesus Christ.

Bummer that video was marked as private so fast. I have yet to see "gameplay" from the event the other day.

Edit: Nevermind, it was linked as I was typing. Hey it's actually starting to look like a game?

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 20, 2015

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

grimcreaper posted:

Add ketchup to tea, to taste. Enjoy the hot ketchup aroma wafting up from your cup of delicious tea. That is all.

dammit grim, you and your ketchup tea. next you will be adding ketchup to oysters or lobsters.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

1500 posted:

She is overcompensating because she has a major crush on the new French guy. Just watch the live stream, if those two are not screwing yet, they will the next time she has a "French book club".

thanks for the speculation about who the woman on the team is / isn't loving, much appreciated, followed & subscribed.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
Just two weeks™ more until I'm told to pound sand or here is our offer of 1/10th of your money back...

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

D_Smart posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/badnewsbaron/v/26751013

Starts at 00:57:00

The youtube video linked was made private because the streamer saw it and had a total meltdown about someone else putting up his video.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ShredsYouSay posted:

dammit grim, you and your ketchup tea. next you will be adding ketchup to oysters or lobsters.

I have actually tried those. Quite.... unpleasant to say the least. To be fair though, i was almost drunk. and it was not my idea.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RuckusRouser posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/badnewsbaron/v/26751013

Starts at 00:57:00

The youtube video linked was made private because the streamer saw it and had a total meltdown about someone else putting up his video.

streamers are scum

i bet that dude has some dumb theme music that plays every time he gets a donation too

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I'm quite glad I have all my money out of this. The game - when working - doesn't even look that fun to play and I'm gonna put this down to them focusing on worthless 'immersion' project goals instead of making a fun game.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Last I checked, it worked just fine. YMMV

Well, you can't say they are not innovating then.. Last I read about it it was a technical impossibility

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Eonwe posted:

streamers are scum

i bet that dude has some dumb theme music that plays every time he gets a donation too

Not only is your bet correct, but in addition he also has a robotic voice that says the donation amount and a message the donor has written.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I bet she takes the French guy. Unless he is fired now before the fact

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

streamers are scum

It's rare that I watch streams.

But last night I watched one guy ... dance. Another guy had it so these animated aliens ran across the screen, and he'd pull out this prop-movie gun and act like he was shooting them. That was pretty clever.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

You can't charge a husband and wife for the same crime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

KM Scorchio posted:

Watched a stream for 15 mins. Saw 3 crashes. Observed 0 instances of gameplay that could remotely be considered fun.

It's quite clear they've spent more time on chair swivelling and visor frosting animations than on silly things like putting together a reasonably stable engine that actually has any chance of supporting their 'vision' of what this game is going to be. I find this utterly hilarious.

It has been repeatedly stated this will by a simulation you will be able to actually live in not something fun like a game

• Locked thread