Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Stupid work, keeping me from watching more.

1x02 The bar fight was seriously fantastic. Ritter and Colter are both nailing their roles so far, and the one substantial scene of Tennant was also great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hcreight posted:

Stupid work, keeping me from watching more.

1x02 The bar fight was seriously fantastic. Ritter and Colter are both nailing their roles so far, and the one substantial scene of Tennant was also great.

Ohh yes

1x02 Tennant is terrifying in that scene and we don't even have a good look at him yet. And the scene at the end with the saw... that was so cool.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
1x03 SWEET CHRISTMAS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x03 I'll take my answer off the air. :stare:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Canned Panda posted:

1x02

"Now I don't give a bag of dicks what kinky poo poo you're into, just be into it quietly."

I love the diaper fetish hipster. And did she run into him when they were taking the contractor away and he said it was his twin sister?

I love how Jess is clearly at least Cap strong, but she prefers to use her head to deal with things.

Also in episode 1 when the guy she serves goes 'you're one of them!' I hope he's refering to an Inhuman, as something as big as that may not be making the news due to SHIELD/ATU suppression but you know that poo poo would be rumors everywhere

EDIT: Hahahah I guess it answered my earlier question she calls Jessica a cougar. That's pretty amusing

What part of NYC is this set in, Hell's Kitchen again?

And there's the Bar Fight. They could not have introduced Luke's power in a better way

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 20, 2015

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Hell's Kitchen again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Sharmat posted:

Hell's Kitchen again.

I guess MCU Nyc consists of Manhatten and Hell's Kitchen.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
And surprisingly little in the sewers for a comic derived universe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x13

I feel like I've spent the whole day having my chest kicked in.

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this show yet. I'm not sure love is the right word, I don't know if you can love something that causes so much visceral disgust and horror. At the same time it's one of the most emotionally powerful pieces of television I've seen in a long, long time. The obvious comparison to make is with Daredevil but even there I don't know how to match them. Daredevil was better crafted for sure and there's no one moment in Jessica Jones to match the strength of Nelson vs. Murdock but overall Jessica Jones gave me a much stronger reaction that I imagine will stick with me longer. It was fantastic, it was gutwrenching and I don't think I ever want to rewatch it.

I'm amazed at how much of a downbeat ending that was. I expected after all that we'd at least get the catharsis of everyone finishing up happy but even with Kilgrave dead Jess still hates herself, Luke's hosed off to his own show, Trish's mum is still a horrible bitch and Trish is nosing around in secrets that will inevitably ruin her life somehow.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rarity posted:

1x10

WHAT THE gently caress, HOPE?!?!

:stonk:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
These reactions are scaring me because I don't want to think about what the show could do to top some of the horribly moments I've already seen but I know it will inevitably have to.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The Sharmat posted:

And surprisingly little in the sewers for a comic derived universe.

Ninja Turtles have that covered.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Three episodes in, this show is as good as it is hosed up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think I generally felt scared while watching Daredevil. Probably a lot of it had to do with how much it focused on Fisk and what a loser he was.

Jessica Jones is constantly unsettling at best

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I am constantly on edge and paranoid watching this so the occasional light hearted bit is a welcome relief, but it's just enough of a relief to keep me from getting so drained that the nasty stuff has no impact. It's quite well balanced.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully there'll be a cut that cuts out the narration someday.

1x07
I don't mind that they dropped Purple Man breaking the fourth wall (aside from a nod or two), because they still understood its purpose. His big scene at the police station shows that: he's the sheer unreality of violence, how it disfigures everything normal. This might turn out like DD with an extremely disappointing ending, but I'll most likely enjoy the journey like I did with Daredevil.

I'm still wondering where they're going with Hogarth's subplot. It ties in thematically, but it's kind of superfluous.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 20, 2015

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Just started watching and holy poo poo Kilgrave is way more terrifying than Fisk ever was.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm not going to deny i'm enjoying it slightly more than Daredevil.

Wait I thought the thing about Patsy Walker being the subject of a romance comic was new, but its in the show. Cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x04 That woman turning out to be a crazy "gifted" person hater desperate for revenge was such a bizarre twist that I had as hard a time processing it as Jessica did.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice
Colters casting as Luke Cage is drat near perfect.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'm 4 episodes in, probably going to watch 1 or 2 more today. Can't believe some of you are finished, these feel looong and are super draining.

Not sure this is even a spoiler, but one quirk that is getting on my nerves is referring to the Avengers as "the green guy and his friends" and "the flag waver". Like, maybe Hulk and Thor aren't actually named in the general public in universe yet, but obviously Tony Stark/Iron Man has to be a household name, as does Captain America (maybe not Steve Rogers). It would be a lot more natural to say "Stark and his friends" for example or "take it up with Captain America". I actually find it more irritating than when they do it in Supergirl, because at least that's not advertised as a shared universe. Every single person watching this knows it ties in with the Avengers.

^^^ Also yeah Luke Cage rules in this ^^^

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yep, Luke Cage is perfectly cast. Also, anyone saying Ritter was too skinny and willowy to be Jessica Jones, they're way wrong.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
e: I'm dumb

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 20, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Spoiler that poo poo, moron.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Wtf dude......

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 21, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Sorry forgot the 72 hours thing

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's feels like all the characters are either rape victims, bimbos, lesbians or Lunk Cage.

The German Gunter Gress would blow his man milk if he read the above.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I wish Carrie-Anne Moss had a less superfluous role because she is absolutely stealing this show. Not that most everyone else isn't good to great, but poo poo I just want to see more of her.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Carie-Anne Moss plays a lesbian claire underwood.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

osietra posted:

Wtf dude......

Good thing you quoted the entire thing to preserve it after he made the inevitable edit!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hahah

Last night was fun but I don't need your opinion

Is the Cop supposed to be anyone? I don't recognize the name, but he feels like he should be someone

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

osietra posted:

It's feels like all the characters are either rape victims, bimbos, lesbians or Lunk Cage.

Think that says more about you than the show to be honest

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Is the Cop supposed to be anyone? I don't recognize the name, but he feels like he should be someone

(1x13/general comics) He's Nuke, from Daredevil: Born Again..

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

twistedmentat posted:

1x13

If you really want to know the cop is Nuke

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wait Nuke as in the guy with the American flag tattoo'd on his face I last saw trying to kill Wolverine?

Wow, I did not expect to see the Jewel costume. "Jewel is a strippers name, a really slutty stripper!"

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 20, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

twistedmentat posted:

Wait Nuke as in the guy with the American flag tattoo'd on his face I last saw trying to kill Wolverine?

Yep

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

(1x04) Notice how he's made up to look like Chris-Evans-as-Steven-Rogers?.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Hahah

Last night was fun but I don't need your opinion

Spoiler: literal dialogue in episode 10 "No second red for you after what happened in Damascus."

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 20, 2015

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

osietra posted:

Wtf dude......

I have an idea, lets quote the big spoiler so that it's still here for everyone to see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Also please remember the episode numbers before your spoilers