Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's out? Oh loving hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
1x08

Was the whole 'my mom and dad made me into a test subject and I never learned how to be good' thing always part of Purple's backstory? I remember him having speeches like his 'I have to always watch what I say because I can't turn this power off' thing but I don't remember that.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

1x08

Was the whole 'my mom and dad made me into a test subject and I never learned how to be good' thing always part of Purple's backstory? I remember him having speeches like his 'I have to always watch what I say because I can't turn this power off' thing but I don't remember that.
No his original origin story was Croatian physician turned spy falling in a chemical vat turning purple and abusing his new power

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Toplowtech posted:

No his original origin story was Croatian physician turned spy falling in a chemical vat turning purple and abusing his new power

Aaah yea, I knew he fell into the purple vat, because comics love vats of chemicals, but forgot if he was a lab rat first or not. Well I dig the new backstory, just enough 'oh, ok yea that sucks' to make him human while in no way being even close to enough to justify the whole sociopath with god like powers thing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Jesus Episode 2 Kill me really disturbing show.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x06 Kilgrave just went through ridiculous lengths to legitimately buy Jessica's childhood home. This guy is insane what the gently caress

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Regy Rusty posted:

1x06 Kilgrave just went through ridiculous lengths to legitimately buy Jessica's childhood home. This guy is insane what the gently caress

1x06

I really liked the undercurrent where Kilgrave is really good at manipulating people to do what he wants even without his power

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Regy Rusty posted:

I love the little insertions of just kinda weird lunacy in with his psychopath poo poo. Tennant does such a great job of selling 'comic book insane' that it works perfectly.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

1x06

I really liked the undercurrent where Kilgrave is really good at manipulating people to do what he wants even without his power

1x06 And like my favorite part of it is that in his first conversation with the guy there's one point where you can see him clearly get super annoyed, and he opens his mouth about to say something to make the guy just give him the house and go kill himself or whatever, but then changes his mind and shows him the money. It's his instinct to just make people do what he wants, but for some reason it was just SO important to him that he get this house the "legal" way.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The TV IV › Netflix Marvel: Jessica Jones tonight at 12am PTSD

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
1x06

I really want to see how Luke and Jessica reconcile after finally revealing that she killed his wife.

1x07

oh poo poo Rubin, you're so dead, admitting you love Jessica to the man with crazy mind control powers and an obsession with her

Also, i love how Kilgraves mind control is actually better than Loki's, because Loki's is broken with a bonk on the head, Kilgraves just has to wear off

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well episode 3 sure has a hell of a opening. that was pretty graphic. Although don't like that Luke Cage knew that woman, kind of convenient

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x07 :stare: Malcolm and I had an identical reaction to dead Ruben.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

1x08 so yeah my skin is basically doing it's drat best to remove itself from the rest of my body

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

HE SAID IT!!!!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

1x08 so yeah my skin is basically doing it's drat best to remove itself from the rest of my body

don't worry, the compulsion will wear off, given time and distance, just run, get away from here.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Welp 1x07 that about does it for me for today. I think I need a night long break to process that big Kilgrave scene at the police station. God this show is heavy. But incredible.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Well episode 3 sure has a hell of a opening. that was pretty graphic. Although don't like that Luke Cage knew that woman, kind of convenient

Well, remember she tracked him down for a reason, and it wasn't because of that lady's husband. Presumably she was guilty and tracked him down (this isn't factoring in later episodes btw, I'm only a few ahead of you).

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Jessica Jones: Don't send strange men to my apartment with power tools

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

1x04: The scene with Trish and the cop with the gun was amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
1x09

Holy poo poo Kilgraves escape was brutal! Lucky Patsy used up all her bullets. At least the detective saw everything, and its also on tape

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Some nice call backs to the original comic book series in episode 5.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

1x09

Holy poo poo Kilgraves escape was brutal! Lucky Patsy used up all her bullets. At least the detective saw everything, and its also on tape

1x10
Yes, what a relief, now they have proof and can nail him for sure

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BSam posted:

1x10
Yes, what a relief, now they have proof and can nail him for sure

Yep, I just saw that. I had hope for a second, and then it snatched it away.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

We're getting a Luke Cage mini series right, cause Colt is probably the most amazing piece of casting ever.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

twistedmentat posted:

Yep, I just saw that. I had hope for a second, and then it snatched it away.

1x10 Welcome to the rest of Episode 10. gently caress you stupid idiots letting Kilgrave getting away over and over

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I have literally no idea why they didn't give someone the job of (1x10) taking the single tape containing irrevocable proof of Kilgrave's abilities in case he sent someone to destroy the place.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I have to say, I was not expecting Nuke to be used in this. I'm sure it will be part of the funny acronym experiment plotline later.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Hollismason posted:

We're getting a Luke Cage mini series right, cause Colt is probably the most amazing piece of casting ever.

Yup. Sometime next year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Cage_(TV_series)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollismason posted:

Yes we are and yes he is.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Jesus loving Christ Episode 6 is brutal She's pregnant and got some one to beat her up to miscarry. What the holy gently caress

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
General thought, up to 1x12: Seriously, has no one thought of maybe earplugs plus or minus a respirator? Also, Jessica could have told Kilgrave to release Hope to "right some wrongs," maybe done a few more heroic things, and then ripped his vocal cords out. Really, though, I'm enjoying the hell out of this, though to say the tone is uneven is an understatement.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BSam posted:

Yup. Sometime next year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Cage_(TV_series)

Is that the next Netflix show or do we get season 2 of Daredevil first?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Is that the next Netflix show or do we get season 2 of Daredevil first?

Both just say "2016" but my guess is S2 of Daredevil first, alternate it a little. Also, filming began on DD2 in July and LC in September.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It will be criminal if they don't use him as Luke Cage in the Avengers film.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BSam posted:

Both just say "2016" but my guess is S2 of Daredevil first, alternate it a little. Also, filming began on DD2 in July and LC in September.

Yea, safe assumption there.

Jesus gently caress 1x10 loving Emma. I guess its understandable that she's freaked out that her brother was killed, but holy poo poo how to make things way worse. Maybe if you weren't such a psycho to begin with your brother would be still alive

Hollismason posted:

It will be criminal if they don't use him as Luke Cage in the Avengers film.

Yea, I hoping Coulter's part is going to be something critics point out and Marvel sees this and uses Luke Cage more than just in the Netflix shows.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
That (episode 2 or 3) buzzsaw thing was dumb. He's a barkeep, he's not rich. Aren't there cheaper ways to demonstrate that you can't get hurt? Use a hammer! A knife! A cigarette lighter!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

1x05: as meet cutes go attempting to kill Trish while mind controlled is up there for novelty. I really dug the flashback of Jessica pre-Kilgraeve that ended with her talking to Trish about the junkie friend/spy. It was on the nose, but in a good way.

Also, there is a lot of sex having going on, I mean, drat.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Steve Yun posted:

That (episode 2 or 3) buzzsaw thing was dumb. He's a barkeep, he's not rich. Aren't there cheaper ways to demonstrate that you can't get hurt? Use a hammer! A knife! A cigarette lighter!

I think it was left there by the first repairman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

It was a while back, but wasn't it there from tools from men fixing her door?