Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Weekend At Bernies is up there with Mrs. Doubtfire for WHM touching on 'beloved films that need to be re-examined'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
That wrestling bit was ridiculously funny. Jim Ross impressions are always hilarious, and these were no exception.

I have no clue why they haven't done a Weekend at Bernie's remake either. Get Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum to do it, I'd get drunk and see that.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I still maintain that The Life Zone is one of the most offensive, disturbing premises for a movie I've ever seen. I totally get why they didn't pick it for Viewer Request Month because jesus christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cb5bQyD2j0

Plot summary: "Three pregnant women are kidnapped from abortion clinics and detained against their will for seven months until they give birth."

And it's not like a horror movie where the kidnapper is the villain and the women are the heroes, no no no, they're all sluts (except for the ones who change their minds and happily accept being forced into motherhood).

What the gently caress :catstare:

Just looked up the ending. It's even better than what you said. It was a Hell dream!! The one girl who didn't change her mind of the three girls and still wanted an abortion? She died on the abortion table. And the doctor committed suicide! They're both in hell!

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 18, 2015

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Definitely checkout the mail bag this week.

Purity Witness :stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo, I could have sworn that Weekend at Bernie's 3 did actually exist

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jose Oquendo posted:

Definitely checkout the mail bag this week.

Purity Witness :stare:

Man at least The Mask had Cameron Diaz in her prime. The sexiest thing in Son of the Mask is that sex is implied to exist at one point.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
And much like that Bible Camp Counselor, I'd much prefer sex NOT exist in the world of Son Of The Mask.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I had no idea that was even a thing. "Hey man I need you to vouch for me. I did not in fact jerk off to a kids movie."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Man at least The Mask had Cameron Diaz in her prime. The sexiest thing in Son of the Mask is that sex is implied to exist at one point.

Does horrible cg Mask sperm racing through a vagina really count as implied?

The DK Rap
May 12, 2010
You know him well.
:barf:
"HE DOESN'T USUALLY DO THIS!"
:barf:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Rahonavis posted:

My God, it's real. poo poo, they even gave Junior a pet horrible little goblin thing like in the Punky Brewster cartoon. :cry:

Yeah, I seem to remember it as a really bad early USA original animated series, too.

They've done GI Joes and the Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue? They need to combine the two since GI Joe had a storyline where they teamed with Cobra to fight a drug dealer.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Weekend at Bernies has the most bizarre plot for a mainstream comedy movie. An hour and a half of two dorks playing with a corpse.

Yeah, that's some Jeffrey Dahmer poo poo right there.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bernie isn't a corpse until 50 minutes in!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I WAS PROMISED THIS!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JediTalentAgent posted:

Yeah, I seem to remember it as a really bad early USA original animated series, too.

They've done GI Joes and the Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue? They need to combine the two since GI Joe had a storyline where they teamed with Cobra to fight a drug dealer.

Man, those are the worst team ups. Sure I'm part of a global domination paramilitary organization primarily utilizing terrorism as my tool, but I'm not drug dealing scum. Good guy/bad guy team ups can be good, but you've got to utilize a better reason than "Hey I'm a bad guy, I'm not EVIL over here."

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The problem with that stuff is they never go far enough.

Cobra should be launching evil death satellites to take out the houses of drug dealers, and Dr. Doom should have deposited Osama Bin Laden's smoking corpse in front of the White House a few days after 9/11

If these villains are so offended by that poo poo, they should treat it like they treat everything else.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The problem with that stuff is they never go far enough.

Cobra should be launching evil death satellites to take out the houses of drug dealers, and Dr. Doom should have deposited Osama Bin Laden's smoking corpse in front of the White House a few days after 9/11

If these villains are so offended by that poo poo, they should treat it like they treat everything else.

Man oh man, that reminds me of all the loving Marvel villains shedding tears over the rubble of the World Trade Center in that one comic.
Even the Juggernaut.

You know. The one WHO DID THIS.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I know AD already covered Sonic the Hedgehog, but I just came across this the other day on Netflix and it must be talked about!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyGjgOwZo1M

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Gyges posted:

Man, those are the worst team ups. Sure I'm part of a global domination paramilitary organization primarily utilizing terrorism as my tool, but I'm not drug dealing scum. Good guy/bad guy team ups can be good, but you've got to utilize a better reason than "Hey I'm a bad guy, I'm not EVIL over here."

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Man oh man, that reminds me of all the loving Marvel villains shedding tears over the rubble of the World Trade Center in that one comic.
Even the Juggernaut.

You know. The one WHO DID THIS.

Just gonna leave this here

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

JT Smiley posted:

I know AD already covered Sonic the Hedgehog, but I just came across this the other day on Netflix and it must be talked about!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyGjgOwZo1M

Sonic Underground is a gem and I want a compilation CD of all their musical numbers for my workout music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTUp5Pl1-A4

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Just gonna leave this here

That kinda works for me, honestly. If you think about what the Joker represents, he's pure chaos- and the Nazis are pure order. They're both evil as gently caress, but it makes sense that the Joker would have a huge problem with Nazis regardless.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

LORD OF BUTT posted:

That kinda works for me, honestly. If you think about what the Joker represents, he's pure chaos- and the Nazis are pure order. They're both evil as gently caress, but it makes sense that the Joker would have a huge problem with Nazis regardless.

If it weren't for the patriot angle, yeah. When a generic mobster pulls the Team America card it makes sense. Joker should have a much better reason, like non-ironic Naziism just isn't funny.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Random question: What is the story behind "clink clink clink"

Or, what movie did it spawn so I can learn myself?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I dunno. The fact that The Joker loves his country is pretty funny to me. Which other first world country could neglect the mentally ill as well as America? That version of The Joker would have to be a product of Reagan's budget cuts.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Hockles posted:

Random question: What is the story behind "clink clink clink"

Or, what movie did it spawn so I can learn myself?

Listen to butterfly effect.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The WHM episode, not the actual movie.

Don't listen to Butterfly Effect.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Wasn't it Silver Bullet and Stephen King?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Detective No. 27 posted:

The fact that The Joker loves his country is pretty funny to me.

I dunno

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

This was also he killed Robin with a crowbar and a bomb.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Gyges posted:

COPS did one, too, where the cops and crooks joined up to defeat a bad guy called... ADDICTEM.

Addictem - A drug dealer who was selling Crystal Twists that were causing people to become addicted to them. He tried to join Big Boss' gang only to be denied since Big Boss does not do drug dealing. Because of Addictem spreading his Crystal Twist drugs across Empire City and Berserko falling into a Crystal Twist crate trying to steal the Mayan Gold, Big Boss and his gang had to team up with COPS to stop Addictem's drug ring. When Addictem was chased into the hospital and grabbed by Berserko, Addictem surrendered to COPS to evade getting beaten up by Berserko. Addictem was sentenced to life in prison and those who were affected by the Crystal Twists are recovering from them.

I don't even know how many shows did this during this era, but I can see the notion of maybe it happing if there were some sort of FCC request to put some anti-drug story in cartoons they couldn't have their long-standing 'baddies' be drug dealers. So, create some throwaway characters that show that drugs are so bad that not even COBRA or the school bully will touch them...

I don't really think any of the shows that appeared in Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue had a very special drug awareness episode of their own shows running around that time.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

bobkatt013 posted:

Wasn't it Silver Bullet and Stephen King?

No that's the typewriter joke, Clickity-Clack.

bobkatt013 posted:

This was also he killed Robin with a crowbar and a bomb.

The crowbarring was really brutal for a comic where Joker becomes the Iranian ambassador too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

JediTalentAgent posted:

COPS did one, too, where the cops and crooks joined up to defeat a bad guy called... ADDICTEM.

Addictem - A drug dealer who was selling Crystal Twists that were causing people to become addicted to them. He tried to join Big Boss' gang only to be denied since Big Boss does not do drug dealing. Because of Addictem spreading his Crystal Twist drugs across Empire City and Berserko falling into a Crystal Twist crate trying to steal the Mayan Gold, Big Boss and his gang had to team up with COPS to stop Addictem's drug ring. When Addictem was chased into the hospital and grabbed by Berserko, Addictem surrendered to COPS to evade getting beaten up by Berserko. Addictem was sentenced to life in prison and those who were affected by the Crystal Twists are recovering from them.

I don't even know how many shows did this during this era, but I can see the notion of maybe it happing if there were some sort of FCC request to put some anti-drug story in cartoons they couldn't have their long-standing 'baddies' be drug dealers. So, create some throwaway characters that show that drugs are so bad that not even COBRA or the school bully will touch them...

I don't really think any of the shows that appeared in Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue had a very special drug awareness episode of their own shows running around that time.

maybe Big boss is more of a Vito Corleone type. drugs are bad for business and it always backfires and starts unnecessary inter criminal gang wars and it brings you into the sights of the DEA and other feds. gently caress i though about that too hard.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

this. add on to that, the joker is never been a big team player, he will play along until batman shows up then he will branch out on his own betrayal or plans. also i totally read that entire joker scene in the mark hamil voice in my head.

on another topic, what movies would you like to see them talk about someday. I would like robocop 3 because its honestly the worst robocop movie(yes counting the reboot, it has its issues, but i think it does some stuff ok) and mercury rising because its basically bruce willis shackled to an annoying autistic kid the entire movie because alec baldwin thinks he might know goverment secrets and is trying to kill him

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I would like robocop 3 because its honestly the worst robocop movie(yes counting the reboot, it has its issues, but i think it does some stuff ok)

You didn't need that disclaimer, the remake was a totally acceptable movie. Anyone who honestly thinks it was worse than Robocop 3 is a huge baby still mad about "grrr remake" and absolutely needs to watch Robocop 3.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
In case anyone wondered what did actually happen to Andrew McCarthy he spent a while as a travel writer and Directs on the side. Well done pre-Matthew Perry.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I feel ripped off by the lack of pizza.net :argh:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TetsuoTW posted:

You didn't need that disclaimer, the remake was a totally acceptable movie. Anyone who honestly thinks it was worse than Robocop 3 is a huge baby still mad about "grrr remake" and absolutely needs to watch Robocop 3.

this. Robocop 3 kinda just shits all over the last 2. there are some good moments.(the office politics scenes, some of the one liners) but alot of it is all over the place, they either retread on ground the 1st one did(murphy being murphy etc) fridging Lewis, samurai robots, the entire ending, the fact that the Goverment is no where to be seen. its just lovely.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox24/

This is an article about Robocop 3 and what could have happened had Frank Miller made the movie unchecked. Based around the RoboCop comic that came out around that time. It's a very interesting read.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I remember being pumped for Robocop with a jet pack as a kid, only to be bored to tears when I actually saw it. How do you make Robocop versus ninja cyborgs boring?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

JT Smiley posted:

I remember being pumped for Robocop with a jet pack as a kid, only to be bored to tears when I actually saw it. How do you make Robocop versus ninja cyborgs boring?

Same way the book of madlibs manages to collect dust after about a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ave Azaria
Oct 4, 2010

by Lowtax
I kind of like Robocop 3 more than 2. Robocop 2 is some weird halfbreed of a movie. Robocop 3 at least fully embraces its Fox Kids aesthetic.