Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Zodack posted:

It seems to be a bit of both. I tried to fit the Baraka Eye - the white piece - into one of the light grey telescope pieces on my UCS Slave I and although it did fit, the connection wasn't snug. It seems like the peg might be a bit too thin, and the black telescope part is definitely defective.

Off the topic - I'm trying to plan a minifigure to surprise a friend. He does a lot of art and has a character he draws a lot, so I thought I'd try whipping up a LEGO version and mailing it to him. This is what I have so far. There's a plethora of parts to have to sift through but this seems to match pretty well. I didn't include it in the image but of course I would swap out the arms for white and the hands for dark brown.

Anything I could do better or might not know about?

If you want a head band, check out the batman heads. It'd have to be white though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
So I'm thinking of taking advantage of the VIP day on the 21st to pick up a Wall-E now that there is a good neck fix (I was really excited about the set at first, but disappointed with the swivel issue, so I held off on buying it) and am thinking of adding another set to bump it up to $100 to get the gingerbread house. I'm tossed up between the Ecto-1 and the Birds set, and was wondering if there was a standout buy between the two of them.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Light posted:

So I'm thinking of taking advantage of the VIP day on the 21st to pick up a Wall-E now that there is a good neck fix (I was really excited about the set at first, but disappointed with the swivel issue, so I held off on buying it) and am thinking of adding another set to bump it up to $100 to get the gingerbread house. I'm tossed up between the Ecto-1 and the Birds set, and was wondering if there was a standout buy between the two of them.

I'm no Lego Pro connoisseur but Ecto-1 is so great. I love mine.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Feenix posted:

I'm no Lego Pro connoisseur but Ecto-1 is so great. I love mine.

The minifigs for it are really pushing it that way for me, but I'm also a biologist, so the birds would be a really cool desk decoration. Anyone know which one will be retiring first?

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
Speaking of minifigs, I have some I am willing to trade with people in the efforts to complete our respective collections. I'm only missing the zombie businessman and the banshee from series 14. I have the following for trade: 3 plant monsters, 3 wolf guys, 2 specters, two fly monsters, two squarefoots, and one each of the monster scientist, tiger woman, zombie pirate, and zombie cheerleader. Anyone interested? :monar:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man I was at Target and I know the blind minifigs are popular with folks but poo poo they are $4.69. That is ludicrous to me...

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Yeah they're getting pretty pricey. The cheapest I've seen is 2.99 at HEB.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Dr. Light posted:

The minifigs for it are really pushing it that way for me, but I'm also a biologist, so the birds would be a really cool desk decoration. Anyone know which one will be retiring first?

The birds will definitely be retiring first. The Ecto-1 probably has a couple of years left on shelves. It's one of the best selling Lego sets of all time and the firehouse is out in January to compliment it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feenix posted:

Man I was at Target and I know the blind minifigs are popular with folks but poo poo they are $4.69. That is ludicrous to me...

Is that $US? I could have sworn they were 3.99 when I saw them there yesterday. Either way 2.99 seems like a better price point. They are a little high for "fun blind bag impulse buy" territory

Van Dis posted:

Speaking of minifigs, I have some I am willing to trade with people in the efforts to complete our respective collections. I'm only missing the zombie businessman and the banshee from series 14. I have the following for trade: 3 plant monsters, 3 wolf guys, 2 specters, two fly monsters, two squarefoots, and one each of the monster scientist, tiger woman, zombie pirate, and zombie cheerleader. Anyone interested? :monar:

man, and I thought I was bad at feeling up those bags.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Are there any good VIP deals coming up? Need to order 2-3 architecture models for my nephews for christmas.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jusupov posted:

Are there any good VIP deals coming up? Need to order 2-3 architecture models for my nephews for christmas.

Tomorrow (21st) is VIP double points day.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Tomorrow (21st) is VIP double points day.

Is that on all sets?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Feenix posted:

Crazy. I was at target a week ago. They were 3.69 a pop.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I should retract my statement. Ludicrous is a bit harsh. I'd say the minifigs @ $4.69 (us) is about a dollar-dollar-fifty north of a good price in my opinion.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

At almost five dollars a pop, they shouldn't be blind bags anymore.

Low price and mystery is the draw, high price and mystery is just frustrating.

Though you can't really blame Target for raising the price, those minifigs are impossible to keep in stock. They're just responding to demand. So I guess some people don't mind a high price mystery. :v:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I started ordering mine online. I hate seeing every bag has been crushed and fondled when I just want blind bags for me and my daughter.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Feenix posted:

If you have a Five Below anywhere near you, they've started stocking them regularly at, I think, the old good price.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
Try different Targets too. I mean, $3.99 is kinda MSRP these days, but unless I go to the mall Target or the downtown CityTarget in Seattle they're always that price or a few cents lower.

Seems like the closer you get to large-city high-traffic areas, the more prices are raised, even with Target. Hell, the aforementioned CityTarget has Toys R Us pricing on Lego.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh I don't actually even have the minifig bug or anything. I saw a rack of them yesterday and have always liked blind box toys. I just was like, yeah I'm not paying 5 bucks for this.

Besides, all I really REALLY cared about from the pic was the octopus/Cthulhu head guy...

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Amazing

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Do want!!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's an excellent build, but I just don't like the look of it. It doesn't look as much like the millenium falcon as I'd prefer.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

xzzy posted:

It's an excellent build, but I just don't like the look of it. It doesn't look as much like the millenium falcon as I'd prefer.

Well yeah, it's a chibi Millenium Falcon

More pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stickkim/15717743580/in/photostream/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I love that so much

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Why the lightsaber hilt sticking out of the antenna dish? The Falcon's dish doesn't have an antenna.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I've been really into making mecha with legos. I was at the Lego store just now (just happened to pass by, I swear!) and I saw a playset with Sandman and Rhino. (The Spiderman rogue)

I did not like the set but I really liked the Rhino suit. Wish I could get it separate.

http://www.creaturecantina.com/news_images/2015/0305/toyFairLego-47.jpg
Shiiit, I could probably just recreate it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
So it wasn't double VIP points today and just missed the 5% discount :( At least the kids got something with a weird chimney to build on christmas before they get their presents.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I had hoped the doctor who set would be available for VIPs today, but I don't see it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Nope, and only the US is apparently getting double VIP points today. Very annoying.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

ANd all the special VIP deals are something like 5 euros off a 100 euro set, so pretty much useless.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, I'll just hold out till the Who set is available in a week and a bit, and get all those same deals then (calendar, gingerbread house).

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Same here. And they really should make the next PAB theme be 'build a dalek'. Then you can build a huge army for just 19 euros or whatever a cup costs nowadays.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

man, and I thought I was bad at feeling up those bags.

In my defense, I have a condition*

*the condition is that I'm really stupid

I got that zombie businessman but I still can't find the banshee. Why do they have to be so rare augh :sweatdrop:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Everywhere around here is still loaded with Simpsons minifigs. Still haven't seen monsters in the wild.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I'll just hold out till the Who set is available in a week and a bit, and get all those same deals then (calendar, gingerbread house).

same here, GF is excited about the Tardis and the Gingerbread house is nice as well.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I took advantage of double points today and got my son's Lego Christmas shopping done. That chimney is super terrible

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fortunately it's an easy mod. Just don't put it on the house. :v:

To keep the chimney, I'd swap a 2x2 cylinder on the top of the house and see how it looks.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...U=10451&irgwc=1

Benny's Spaceship for $55 with free shipping, better hurry before resellers jump on it.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

ChesterJT posted:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...U=10451&irgwc=1

Benny's Spaceship for $55 with free shipping, better hurry before resellers jump on it.

Too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
damnit!