Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Okay, good.

I've somehow managed to make Estelle the weakest party member. Maybe it's finally time to lose some of these utility quartz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Really Pants posted:

Okay, good.

I've somehow managed to make Estelle the weakest party member. Maybe it's finally time to lose some of these utility quartz.

I did the identical thing for most of the game. I ended up dumping Luck around Chapter 6ish, made she had action, attack, and was geared for speed and damage. Her normal attacks in the endgame were for between 2-3k. Deathblow 1 (and later Death) is also nice to stick on her so you can kill multiple dudes with True Hurricane. Swap that out in the endgame for Strike 2.

You can easily make her a utility character/jack of all trades but I hate doing that with my main character in games just on principle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I liked Exit Fate, where the main character was set up as a jack of all trades but due to the game's mechanics he'd get stuck on the back lines and used exclusively as a healer about six hours in.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Levantine posted:

Yes, it's Kotaku, but: http://thebests.kotaku.com/the-best-jrpg-of-the-decade-so-far-1743320035

Please everyone, everywhere buy Trails in the Sky and make it extra popular, kthx

This so much. I want TC, Zero and Ao so bad.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Koguma posted:

This so much. I want TC, Zero and Ao so bad.

There's practically no hope for Zero and Ao. Considering they were PSP exclusives in Japan, and the PSP is long past dead, we can say goodbye to any chances of them coming over here.

Unless we get the Chinese PC port, which I have absolutely no faith in being of any good quality.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Slur posted:

There's practically no hope for Zero and Ao. Considering they were PSP exclusives in Japan, and the PSP is long past dead, we can say goodbye to any chances of them coming over here.

Unless we get the Chinese PC port, which I have absolutely no faith in being of any good quality.

Well, the quality may not necessarily matter too much, considering how much the current PC releases have been improved from the original versions they were adapted from. There's a chance any problems with them could be fixed, provided they're not completely horrendous. However, god knows what the rights issues with them are as regards getting a hold of them to release them here. Maybe they'd be fairly easy to get, but I'd doubt it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Slur posted:

The PC port of Zero that Falcom backported themselves, you mean? And that XSEED's already said they could work with?

Ao's still a problem, but it's sure as hell not "hopeless".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what did the chinese ever do to you

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Ys Celceta confirmed for brewed hot water????

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/667421433367298048

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ystea. Delicious.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Slur posted:

Stop crushing my dreams, Slur. :argh:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What determines SC party members' Chain Craft damage?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Oh dear Brittany, you should have anticipated this...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Where is the gem quartz in Amberl Altered Space? I can't find any paths I haven't already taken, or chests I haven't opened.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ahahahahaha some sites ran that as official confirmation that Celceta was coming to steam.

Even I could tell immediately that it was a bad memory joke and not some tease.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Btw, Sc seem to just download a small patch for me. Any idea what it is or whether it's just Steam faffing about?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Probably just misc bug fixes

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

Just started Trails in the Sky FC based on the glowing reviews it seems to get everywhere I look.

Holy Jesus it's good.

How long is this game exactly?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Depends on how you play. 40-45 is a good ballpark though

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

lolasaurusrex posted:

Just started Trails in the Sky FC based on the glowing reviews it seems to get everywhere I look.

Holy Jesus it's good.

How long is this game exactly?

I had I 48 hours for 100%.

Compare to the 73 it took me to 100% SC.

You're in for some game.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So I'm going through withdrawals after finishing SC.

What other RPGs have the level of world building, especially the incredible detail to NPCs that this game has?

I want another game where even some random NPCs have their own story that they experience throughout the game.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 20, 2015

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Really Pants posted:

Where is the gem quartz in Amberl Altered Space? I can't find any paths I haven't already taken, or chests I haven't opened.

It turns out I am a big moron, who was looking everywhere for an earth quartz when the gem you actually find in Amberl is wind.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Jeez, "Angel of Slaughter" isn't just a nickname. It's a well-earned title. In my second attempt, my entire team was insta-killed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You definitely need a few Skull Pendants and Mirage Rings for that fight, ideally along with the Grail Locket and Lebensborn.

What should I make with the Zemurian Ore? I'm torn between weapons for Estelle and Joshua that would always be in use, or weapons for Agate and Zane to help them wreck faces as hard as possible.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Really Pants posted:

You definitely need a few Skull Pendants and Mirage Rings for that fight, ideally along with the Grail Locket and Lebensborn.

What should I make with the Zemurian Ore? I'm torn between weapons for Estelle and Joshua that would always be in use, or weapons for Agate and Zane to help them wreck faces as hard as possible.

My strategy throughout the late game, which never failed in a single fight, was to give Joshua his ultimate weapon and a gladiator belt, load him up with as much speed, attack and crit as possible, buff the hell out of him in battle and then have him go around doing 3000-6000 damage per turn with True Double Strike. I'm not aware if anyone can keep up with that level of damage.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Just finished the Ruan chapter and having so much fun. The Gambler side quest was great. Any secrety stuff I should be on the lookout for soon?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kloe has always been my top damage dealer, one-shotting everything with Aqua Bleed or Soul Blur for more or less the whole game. She doesn't need weapons, though. Why can't I make her drop that sword and carry a second Buzzer?

Capsaicin posted:

Just finished the Ruan chapter and having so much fun. The Gambler side quest was great. Any secrety stuff I should be on the lookout for soon?

If you haven't moved on to Zeiss yet, there's a hidden quest in the Hotel Blanche.

Also I hope you got the hidden quest at the Varenne Lighthouse a while back.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 21, 2015

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Really Pants posted:

Kloe has always been my top damage dealer, one-shotting everything with Aqua Bleed or Soul Blur for more or less the whole game. She doesn't need weapons, though. Why can't I make her drop that sword and carry a second Buzzer?

If you haven't moved on to Zeiss yet, there's a hidden quest in the Hotel Blanche.

Also I hope you got the hidden quest at the Varenne Lighthouse a while back.

Was that the one where you have to turn the stuff on in the right order? Almost positive I got that one.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yes, that's the one.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Yeah, I guess I missed the hidden one in the hotel and I didn't finish the ingredient hunter thing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Really Pants posted:

I did Joshua and Agate with mine.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

:eyepop:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

whats the zemurian ore i missed it

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

What.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

whats the zemurian ore i missed it

Find all books reward, rather than getting the super weapons directly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

It's from Trails vs. Ys, but I don't know why Estelle is cosplaying Haruhi and has a sword.

That aside, man, I really want a Falcom Musou game.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's from Trails vs. Ys, but I don't know why Estelle is cosplaying Haruhi and has a sword.

It's Anelace though, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

it's anelace, you gently caress.