Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

canoshiz posted:

Magny isn't going to beat Kelvin. probably. That's a scary fight to bet on.

I bet a week probation on Magny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
holy poo poo. scott jorgensen is only a tiny favorite to beat alejandro perez. i am definitely throwing money on that. i told myself i'd never bet on scott jorgensen because he's so prone to being scott jorgensen but perez is insanely bad in all the right ways to see scott just wrestle him without ever putting himself in danger.

i also think there's some value in formiga because he's a loving huge underdog. he'll be the best guy that cejudo's fought by far and cejudo hasn't looked nearly as invincible as his competition started getting slightly better.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
I bet another 20 on Magny because I don't like money

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i also think there's some value in formiga because he's a loving huge underdog. he'll be the best guy that cejudo's fought by far and cejudo hasn't looked nearly as invincible as his competition started getting slightly better.

maybe he's been holm'ing

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

origami posted:

maybe he's been holm'ing

i really hope so. an actual challenge for mighty mouse would be most welcome.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

holy poo poo. scott jorgensen is only a tiny favorite to beat alejandro perez. i am definitely throwing money on that. i told myself i'd never bet on scott jorgensen because he's so prone to being scott jorgensen but perez is insanely bad in all the right ways to see scott just wrestle him without ever putting himself in danger.

wanted to say I followed you on this one for the same reasons you said. despite like 1 win in his last 20 losses or whatever, Jorgensen has been fairly competitive in almost all of his UFC fights. It's a decent bet for a guy who is such a veteran of tiny fighting.

the other bet I placed was on the main event not going to a decision for -170. I feel like Kelvin has a good shot to finish the fight in the first half of the match, and if he doesn't then Magny has a good shot to finish the fight in the second half.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

Also $5 on four upsets combined to pay out $725; Alejandro Perez, Formiga, Diego Sanchez & Magny.

haha I kinda like this even though big underdog parlays like this are sucker bets, its interesting because Formiga and Magny are both live underdogs and formiga has crazy odds. I mean youre gonna lose but you only have to win 1 in like 150 times to break even on this bet so i appreciate it

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
drat, Formiga at +450 is pretty juicy.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Especially since Cejudo looked a little mediocre in his last fight AND looked like he had a rough cut this time around.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

Especially since Cejudo looked a little mediocre in his last fight AND looked like he had a rough cut this time around.

Has Cejudo ever had a cut that wasn't rough

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lloyd Boner posted:

drat, Formiga at +450 is pretty juicy.

drat

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I got 5 bucks on Formiga at +325 and 2.50 on Sanchez at +450 (in case he hypnotizes the judges).

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

wanted to say I followed you on this one for the same reasons you said. despite like 1 win in his last 20 losses or whatever, Jorgensen has been fairly competitive in almost all of his UFC fights. It's a decent bet for a guy who is such a veteran of tiny fighting.

now what did we learn?

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
M A G N Y ! ! !

Those last few rounds I was sweating from everywhere. Great fight.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Grats, didn't see the fight but clearly I was wrong

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Put the last 8 bucks in my Bodog account on Alberto Mino at +130 in a desperation bet. I have never watched him fight, Akiyama is just old and bad (but possibly roided to poo poo). Hoping he doesn't lay on him.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
for a welterweight, akiyama is old as the hills even though he is half man half steroid. mina strikes like a gracie though and i can see him getting punched out in like 2 minutes. good luck in your battle against evil.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
a few weeks early but that's because I have no interest in anything this weekend.

I'm alright if Jose Aldo upsets this, I am Not Alright if Luke Rockhold fucks this up however.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Wait, Aldo is the underdog?!? I don't really gamble but will the odds get better on him as time goes on?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

origami posted:

Wait, Aldo is the underdog?!? I don't really gamble but will the odds get better on him as time goes on?

It depends, in this case maybe a little but not a lot i wouldnt think

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

attackmole posted:

Put the last 8 bucks in my Bodog account on Alberto Mino at +130 in a desperation bet. I have never watched him fight, Akiyama is just old and bad (but possibly roided to poo poo). Hoping he doesn't lay on him.

mina is loving terrible but good luck.

i think i'm only going to put money on serrano, but i can see value in in marco beltran, whoever he is, as a massive underdog based purely on how bad guangyou is. bang is an underdog against kuntz and i would absolutely not be surprised to see bang knock him out. also i could see sam sicilia, an almost three to one underdog, grinding out a win.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

origami posted:

The odds will get better, or worse, depending on how much money is coming in on either person. I expect that with underdog odds a fair whack of money is going to come in on Aldo which will even things up.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I think I have to MMA bet one more time. My track record so far is losing money on Rothwell Reem and Mendes Mcgregor. I think I need to put money on Aldo as the underdog.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I can't wait for this thread to go wild like it did for Mendes/McGregor.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Apparently Tae Hyun Bang went from being a favorite to a +420 underdog out of nowhere, what could possibly cause a line to swing like that? Injury leaked to certain individuals? Is the fix in???

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

canoshiz posted:

Apparently Tae Hyun Bang went from being a favorite to a +420 underdog out of nowhere, what could possibly cause a line to swing like that? Injury leaked to certain individuals? Is the fix in???

holy gently caress. did he die at the weigh ins? surely any health problem that caused his stock to plumet like that would stop the fight from happening

outy
Aug 27, 2004

fatherdog posted:

The odds will get better, or worse, depending on how much money is coming in on either person. I expect that with underdog odds a fair whack of money is going to come in on Aldo which will even things up.

Other than drinking, the Irish particularly love two things. Gambling and being Irish.
Paddypower has Aldo out at 6/4 now (betting 100 returns 250) and they're still drifting.

I'll get onboard at 2/1 I think.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

attackmole posted:

sincere goongratulations

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

attackmole posted:

seriously man as the decision was read out i actually thought of you and was happy

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
shoutout to the judges, my boys

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
drat I missed my chance to make money on the Rousey fight. I was overseas and didn't have internet access so I am just now catching up in this thread. I will however make up for it and I just bet 5k on Aldo at +140. Are there any other fights happening before the Aldo one that are interesting and people are betting on?

mewse
May 2, 2006

jase1 posted:

drat I missed my chance to make money on the Rousey fight. I was overseas and didn't have internet access so I am just now catching up in this thread. I will however make up for it and I just bet 5k on Aldo at +140. Are there any other fights happening before the Aldo one that are interesting and people are betting on?

You would have bet against Rousey?

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

jase1 posted:

I put $200 on Aldo back when I was able to get him at +145, so I find comfort that we are in this together my brother.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mewse posted:

You would have bet against Rousey?

do you know who the gently caress you're talking to?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jase1 would have dropped 5k on her and made a loving killing. Probably 10k on holm if he had a good poker game the night before.

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

jase1 posted:

This is a good bet.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I literally just shut down a 2/5 game tonight with pure luck and a full bottle of Glen Levit in my system over 8 hours and it 's the last day of the month and I have 9k total in my account with my bookie. So I have decided to up the aldo bet to a total of 9K on him at +140. If I lose it my account goes to 0 and I start again next month. If I win it I am buying my wife a car for her birthday/Christmas present since they are both this month and she is aware of this, in fact she is has already planned a party for the fight and invited all her friends.. I can't quite remember right now for various reasons, Glen Levit being one of them, but I think this might be the most I have ever bet on sports.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Ok, now everyone else bet on Conor.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Ok, now everyone else bet on Conor.

I already did my part. Although nobody else take Chris Weidman because he didn't do anything to deserve the goon bet of confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006

mewse posted:

I bet a week probation on Magny

I love this loving thread.