Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Go RV! posted:

Carmella can't do the hottest chick in the ring line then either, could cause dissention in the ranks.

Change chick to chicks, it's the plural of chick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

soapgish posted:

Share the lines, add a couple so they both get a moment to identify themselves, pluarlize chick, and bada boom- dopest stable in the room.

Right? It's not that hard. Enzo puts himself and Cass over uniquely. There' no reason two women couldn't also get the same treatment.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It looks like they just added the week of Undertaker stuff to the Network.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Change chick to chicks, it's the plural of chick.

I believe the plural is "chickadees"

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Blast Fantasto posted:

I believe the plural is "chickadees"

it's "tomatoes"

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Astro7x posted:

It looks like they just added the week of Undertaker stuff to the Network.

The Legends thing is good though both short.

Footage of Taker not doing a spinaroonie but laughing at Vince's is gold

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Is there a way to view your Network viewlist when your account has lapsed? Set up another to take advantage of the free month not realising my arduously compiled list would be forfeit/am stupid.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They're starting to add NWA World Championship TV :swoon:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope that includes Saturday Night.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Benne posted:

They're starting to add NWA World Championship TV :swoon:

Are they adding things in a sequence where we can follow storylines? Or is it a random hodgepodge of episodes from across the years

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If you want to know what is up on the Network, someone made a twitter bot that indexes new episodes as they go up:

https://twitter.com/WWE_Network_Bot

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Are they adding things in a sequence where we can follow storylines? Or is it a random hodgepodge of episodes from across the years

It seems like they're more or less in sequence with the odd episode missing here and there. I watched a bit last night and those shows hold up remarkably well, though holy cats David Crockett is the absolute shits.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There are now ~30 NWA World Championship Wrestling episodes up. About time, hopefully we can get some AWA soon too.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've been breaking my wife into wrestling over the past couple of years. Showing her old WCW and current WWE stuff, explaining how it all works, etc. Showed her some NWA from 1985 last night and all she could say was "why does this look so real? Like, are they really beating each other up? Holy poo poo he's dead, leave him alone!". So glad the old NWA stuff is finally being put up.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Fushin posted:

I've been breaking my wife into wrestling over the past couple of years. Showing her old WCW and current WWE stuff, explaining how it all works, etc. Showed her some NWA from 1985 last night and all she could say was "why does this look so real? Like, are they really beating each other up? Holy poo poo he's dead, leave him alone!". So glad the old NWA stuff is finally being put up.

Show her Starrcade 85. The Magnum TA - Tully Blanchard match in particular. Its so great.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MrBling posted:

Show her Starrcade 85. The Magnum TA - Tully Blanchard match in particular. Its so great.

Probably going to have to. I started her with 99-01 WCW PPVs so I guess I owe her some decent wrestling.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Fushin posted:

Probably going to have to. I started her with 99-01 WCW PPVs so I guess I owe her some decent wrestling.

i think you owe her alimony payments if this is how you're treating her

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

checksin posted:

i think you owe her alimony payments if this is how you're treating her

Have to admit, late era WCW is pretty entertaining in a train wreck kind of way.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I didn't watch NWA growing up, but after just one episode I'm already in love. Flair and the Horsemen in their prime are even better than you remember them being.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Benne posted:

I didn't watch NWA growing up, but after just one episode I'm already in love. Flair and the Horsemen in their prime are even better than you remember them being.

This is all new to me too. I knew who these guys were back then, but only because of reading about them in PWI.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
NWA is kind of a mixed bag for me, some really great promos and old school matches, but stuff like the Tully/Magnum cage match are just not my type of wrestling. Might be different if I was invested in the angle personally I guess.

Super excited to see WWE finally adding some old stuff though, the network has so much untapped potential.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo Shawn Stasiak's gimmick in 2002 was horrific. The more and more I watch the more I realize I stopped watching at the best possible moment.

2002 era Brock rules hard though except for the whole....Heyman going through Lita's underwear thing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Holy poo poo Shawn Stasiak's gimmick in 2002 was horrific. The more and more I watch the more I realize I stopped watching at the best possible moment.

2002 era Brock rules hard though except for the whole....Heyman going through Lita's underwear thing.

Shawn Stasiak was just bad in general. There were some really funny moments on 2001 Wrestling Observer Lives where Dave and Bryan would bemoan how Stacy Kiebler's career was going to be ruined because WCW was sticking her with Stasiak.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I just got an error that I'm not subbed to the Network (on three devices) yet I have the receipt for the month from PayPal from two days ago. Anyone else have an issue like this?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm kinda stealing this, but it's so depressing to watch these old NWA studio shows and comparing the quality of the interviews from then to now.

1985 NWA had: Ric Flair, Dusty, Cornette, Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson, and Billy Graham all cutting promos on each other. Like, holy poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am extremely salty about the Network telling me I'm not subscribed. I double checked and the payment absolutely went through two days ago. Has anyone ever had something like this happen?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Benne posted:

My old man's taped episodes of NWA World Championship Wrestling was how I got into wrestling back in the early '90s and yeah, the Horsemen were always cool.

I'm probably gonna re-subscribe sooner than later. I've been waiting for these to go up.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Alain Post posted:

I'm kinda stealing this, but it's so depressing to watch these old NWA studio shows and comparing the quality of the interviews from then to now.

1985 NWA had: Ric Flair, Dusty, Cornette, Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson, and Billy Graham all cutting promos on each other. Like, holy poo poo.
Part of it is the style of promo, direct-to-camera. NXT is using this style more often, being run by a massive NWA mark and all, and it's really effective.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Planet Stasiak owned.

Especially when he'd try to attack people but fail miserably.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm on hold with WWE Network Account Support and the hold music is AJ's theme. :lol:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope you demanded a free month. That's like 2 whole days of NWA you could've been watching.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
And now they're uploading Smoky Mountain Wrestling.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Benne posted:

And now they're uploading Smoky Mountain Wrestling.

and Mid-South wrestling.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Took them long enough, Jesus

edotherocket
Apr 6, 2006
Internet.

DM Punk posted:

and Mid-South wrestling.

Picked a random episode with Hacksaw Jim Duggan and JYD vs Midnight Express. First time I've seen Mid South.

Hacksaw carries a "tuba for".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Have they ever mentioned anything about uploading FCW? They have about 6 years of weekly one-hour TV.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm more surprised they don't have any OVW up, considering how hard they were pushing Brock content a couple months ago.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh my god, New Jack's debut promo on SMW #130

Shoutout to my homeboy OJ Simpson, keep up the good work, two less we gotta worry about! Louis Farrakhan's gonna be your next president! Snoop Dogg, we know you're innocent!

He had to be whisked away out the back door of the building away from the fans after that promo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like that they dubbed in the exact same production music over the openings of both the old SMW and Mid-South episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

DM Punk posted:

and Mid-South wrestling.

Welp, between the NWA World Championship Wrestling and Mid-South being added, I guess I'm re-subscribing.