Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That aside, man, I really want a Falcom Musou game.

That games buttrock level would be off the loving scale.

I want it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's from Trails vs. Ys, but I don't know why Estelle is cosplaying Haruhi and has a sword.

That's clearly not Estelle, it's her rival.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Some Numbers posted:

That's clearly not Estelle, it's her rival.

Fool! It's her lesbian lover. She was lying when she asked to be her rival! Everybody knew it!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's from Trails vs. Ys, but I don't know why Estelle is cosplaying Haruhi and has a sword.

that's not estelle, that is my wife

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Finally finished SC.

This game is pretty fuckin' good you guys

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm on the final chapter of SC

Do I recruit Mueller and Julia right away? Or does that happen later in the chapter?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
How do I get the Super Weapons in SC? Do I have to find poo poo in every chapter? I am still in chapter 1.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

get all the gambler jack volumes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Slur posted:

I'm on the final chapter of SC

Do I recruit Mueller and Julia right away? Or does that happen later in the chapter?

It happens later.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Capsaicin posted:

How do I get the Super Weapons in SC? Do I have to find poo poo in every chapter? I am still in chapter 1.
Do you have Gambler Jack volume 1? If not, you are already locked out of ever getting the super weapons. :allears:

Good luck getting them without a guide! I just resigned myself to not finding everything.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Do you have Gambler Jack volume 1? If not, you are already locked out of ever getting the super weapons. :allears:

Good luck getting them without a guide! I just resigned myself to not finding everything.

Oh, I got Gambler Jack 2 from the Gambling place. I guess I missed the first one :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yup, it's the only missable thing in the prologue, (I think), I didn't get it either.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Agean90 posted:

That games buttrock level would be off the loving scale.

I want it

It would own.

Also, really, Koei could get away with just reusing DW8 stuff for most of the gameplay, all they'd are new character models/voice acting.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Slur posted:

After you reach the tower, go back to the Arseille and talk to them.

Capsaicin posted:

Oh, I got Gambler Jack 2 from the Gambling place. I guess I missed the first one :(

It's not a huge deal. Just like in FC, the reward is only a little bit better than what you can find in the final dungeon.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 22, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i really wish sc told you where poo poo was. i guess they're assuming you played FC recently, but it's been like 5 years since that game came out here.

'okay, let's go to the royal villa'
'okay, where the gently caress is the royal villa'
*crickets, spend 20 minutes running in circles*

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i forget the hotkey to open it but there's a world map you can open.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The Royal Villa is marked on the map of Liberl you can literally just open by clicking a big green button labelled "Map", though. I'm pretty sure most of the important areas are marked on there, and the game usually gives you a minimap outside of dungeons along with a hotkey that shows which areas paths in your current location will take you to.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 22, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Screw Hotkey, it has it's own icon on the screen.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
If you're playing with a controller, I think it's select (or back or whatever that button was called on the Xbox controller) to bring up the world map. If it's not that, then it's clicking the right (I think?) stick.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
You can also just open your items menu and it's on the same screen as your books. I had the same problem of "where the gently caress is X" until i realized the world map was there then I never got lost again.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

guys i don't think we've told endorph enough ways to open the map yet, does anyone know more

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Cake Attack posted:

guys i don't think we've told endorph enough ways to open the map yet, does anyone know more

He can alt+tab and refer to this whenever he gets lost

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
He can get a tattoo of the map of Liberl.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but they never say 'the royal villa is outside the city', so i kept opening the city map, not the world map

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

yeah but they never say 'the royal villa is outside the city', so i kept opening the city map, not the world map

... and logically, after going to every block (which takes about 2 minutes) and opening the city map in each block, you have then exhausted that option, thus leading to the world map.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

... and logically, after going to every block (which takes about 2 minutes) and opening the city map in each block, you have then exhausted that option, thus leading to the world map.
tons of important buildings aren't marked on the map, such as the liberl news

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Endorph posted:

Now you're just being crazy, who builds a Villa in a city?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
They actually do build villas in cities in the country i'm from. The centre of the city is where all the rich people live.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SC Bracer posted:

They actually do build villas in cities in the country i'm from. The centre of the city is where all the rich people live.

Those aren't villas, they're mansions. That defeats the purpose of a villa.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my dad works at an arby's, i've never heard the word villa used in real life

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

my dad works at an arby's, i've never heard the word villa used in real life

The power of Google compels you.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Supremezero posted:

Those aren't villas, they're mansions. That defeats the purpose of a villa.

fair, they get advertised as villas because rich people hate the countryside but want big houses here i assume
e: english is not our first language so it works out

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Villas are like big, lofty vacation homes. You don't build those in the middle of the city, that's just stupid! A stupid vacation home!

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

Four hours into FC now, still doing the Bracer contracts in Rolent.

Everything is so charming and well written, getting pulled in hard. I love how the NPCs always have something new to say when you do something in the world. Haven't played a JRPG in about ten years, think this might have been a good place to jump in.

One question I do have though: since 3 is unlikely to get translated this millennium, is the story satisfactorily concluded after SC?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

lolasaurusrex posted:

Everything is so charming and well written, getting pulled in hard. I love how the NPCs always have something new to say when you do something in the world. Haven't played a JRPG in about ten years, think this might have been a good place to jump in.

One question I do have though: since 3 is unlikely to get translated this millennium, is the story satisfactorily concluded after SC?

The story revolving around the primary characters is, yes. There are several plots that set hooks for later games though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

lolasaurusrex posted:

Yeah, the Liberl story ends in SC; the 3rd is more of an extended epilogue than a continuation.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah. there's still some loose ends but that's how the series operates, the things left open mainly concern the overarching plot of the entire trails series, which don't all get resolved in 3rd or any game really.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

lolasaurusrex posted:

It is. Third is more of a sidestory.

A sidestory which unfortunately ties heavily into everything after, but eh.

Besides, Third is likely to get translated if SC sells well.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Well, I beat SC.

The part in the story which made me laugh the most is how much they played up Weissmann's dickery at the end.

I was expecting the end of his dialogue after Loewe shattered his barrier to be finished with the line "did I mention I punched a cat today?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Who finally finished fc time for sc

wait did that rabbit really just do that for an attack